Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Average person at home sat wondering how Corbyn draws the line between shooting high earners and nuking civilian populations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Still think my help for heroes coffin has to be winning war christmas 2019.
I've just managed to combine help for heroes and right to die and right to buy into something in my head. I'm not sure what it is yet but it's either very good or very bad.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I suspect the press is going to be all over this Tom Watson stuff. They’re champing at the bit to write some negative stuff about Labour - partly because they hate Labour, but probably mostly because the Tories loving up every day is boring and they want a horse race narrative - and Labour has yet to put a foot wrong.

Of course, they haven’t really put a foot wrong here either, but it’s something to write anyway.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

If he's not going to shoot the rich then he's lost my vote

minema
May 31, 2011
My mother in law has been knitting poppies and either keeping the money or giving the proceeds to a completely unrelated charity (Mind) :allears:

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Renaissance Robot posted:

Speaking of poppies, where can I get a couple of white ones?

Straight from source online here: https://peace-pledge-union.myshopify.com/
List of physical outlets (and link for Welsh Language ones) listed here: https://www.ppu.org.uk/remembrance/white-poppy-outlets

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Necrothatcher posted:

"He's not shooting people or starving them to death is he?"

"W-w-w-well..... you're right. But."

When you're so far right even Andrew loving Neil can't help you

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

I've just managed to combine help for heroes and right to die and right to buy into something in my head. I'm not sure what it is yet but it's either very good or very bad.

Isn't that just help to buy?

Help to die: a savings account that gives you 25% cashback on going to dignitas, the tory solution to health and social care.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Comrade Fakename posted:

I suspect the press is going to be all over this Tom Watson stuff. They’re champing at the bit to write some negative stuff about Labour - partly because they hate Labour, but probably mostly because the Tories loving up every day is boring and they want a horse race narrative - and Labour has yet to put a foot wrong.

If the press want a horse race they'll wait until the polls are closer before putting the screws on Labour.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Is eternal loneliness the natural human condition?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

What question should I ask Barry Gardiner after question time?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

minema posted:

My mother in law has been knitting poppies and either keeping the money or giving the proceeds to a completely unrelated charity (Mind) :allears:

:britain: true british entrepeneurial patriotism.

Pochoclo posted:

No that's capitalism's fault imo.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Angepain posted:

so are the Tories now just copying the Republican MO of "let our leader say whatever stupid things he likes and then calmly defend them as reasonable to the point of absurdity"?

more than usual, I mean

Yeah pretty much.

Fascism works, why would they not try it at this point?

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

mehall posted:

Pochoclo posted:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pochoclo posted:

I thought it was a pendulum between pain and boredom, with pride and anger the emotions that we feel as it picks up speed along the bottom in each direction, and only master rishis and true ascetic supermen can escape it.

mehall posted:

Pochoclo posted:

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Tigey posted:

If he's not going to shoot the rich then he's lost my vote

stalin shot a lot more people than just the rich lets be real son. he also shot nazis.

So amazed at what we're seeing here, last go round the beeb 100% would have done the 'that was hyperbolic language but the basic point still remains' thing to cover it but still be against Labour.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Tenebrais posted:

It really does seem like the whole political world believes Corbyn has already won.

Which is very encouraging, though obviously, not cause to be complacent.

Corbyn survived after the last election despite Labor not forming government because Labor outperformed expectations.

If they portray Corbyn as romping it in this time then any result short of a large Labor majority can be used to undermine him.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shakespearean Beef posted:

Lootboxes are an embodiment of the risk/reward entrepreneurial impulse that keeps our economy afloat, and develops the productive forces. Regulate lootboxes behind red tape, and you'll see a crash in the gamer economy similar to 1970s.

Lol gently caress off

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

To be fair I couldn't handle a four day gaming week.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

mehall posted:

Your campaign seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Senor Tron posted:

Corbyn survived after the last election despite Labor not forming government because Labor outperformed expectations.

If they portray Corbyn as romping it in this time then any result short of a large Labor majority can be used to undermine him.

If that was the plan they would keep Watson in post.

Edit; you're right that is the media libs plan tbf

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Oh, actually,

Is there anything I should know about the other folk on QT tomorrow?

quote:

Kirstene Hair MP, Conservative; Barry Gardiner MP, Shadow International Trade Secretary, Labour; Humza Yousaf MSP, Scottish government Justice Secretary, SNP; Angela Haggerty, journalist and broadcaster; and Iain Anderson, businessman and Executive Chairman of the PR group, Cicero.

Alan G
Dec 27, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

To be fair I couldn't handle a four day gaming week.

Dead mobs piling up on the server without respawning.

HauntedRobot
Jun 22, 2002

an excellent mod
a simple map to my heart
now give me tilt shift

Alan G posted:

Dead mobs piling up on the server without respawning.

Winter of Dis(counted downloadable)content

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Cenotaph on Sunday, I wonder what Corbyn will do wrong this year:

Dancing Corbyn, wrong angle poppy leaf Corbyn, and wasn't last year the 'so small you can barely see it disrespectful ceramic poppy even though it costs a lot more than a paper on' poppy?

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Ein Spieler, ein Spiel, eine Beutebox

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Woah I've been looking at some of the Twitter engagement rates on the big two Tory fuckup videos from the last few days.

JRM looking monstrous: 1.4 million views
Kay Burley vs chair: 3.4 million views in a day.

edit:

Sophy Ridge v Jo Swinson: 1.6 million views

Necrothatcher fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 6, 2019

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/TimRoss_1/status/1192169955606908928?s=20

Looks like the Tories are running the Theresa May 2017 campaign again, keeping their candidate as far away from real human beings as possible

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The tory in its natural habitat, a giant empty warehouse.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/TimRoss_1/status/1192169955606908928?s=20

Looks like the Tories are running the Theresa May 2017 campaign again, keeping their candidate as far away from real human beings as possible

I'm the large TV screening to an empty space.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

mehall posted:

You're in a desert, walking along in the sand, when all of a sudden you look down and see a tory. It's trying to leave the EU. You reach down and you nationalise its industries. The tory lays on its back, its billions draining into the public purse, kicking its legs trying to leave the EU, but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping. Why is that?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch5VorymiL4&t=2727s

A mate put me on to this documentary from 1984 about the problems with Large Panel System tower blocks, which is interesting enough to me at least, but at the timestamp a guy is talking about the first wave of cladding replacements on these blocks and mentions that several of them represent a serious fire risk.

IN loving NINETEEN EIGHTY loving FOUR.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

You're in a desert, walking along in the sand, when all of a sudden you look down and see a tory. It's trying to leave the EU. You reach down and you nationalise its industries. The tory lays on its back, its billions draining into the public purse, kicking its legs trying to leave the EU, but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping. Why is that?

Presumably because a thousand vultures all with the face of Juncker descended on you the moment you tried to nationalise anything.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Necrothatcher posted:

Woah I've been looking at some of the Twitter engagement rates on the big two Tory fuckup videos from the last few days.

JRM looking monstrous: 1.4 million views
Kay Burley vs chair: 3.4 million views in a day.

edit:

Sophy Ridge v Jo Swinson: 1.6 million views
to be fair you can divide those last two by probably 3 or 4, because they're really funny and absolutely have been rewatched multiple times by all the Labour activists

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Tesseraction posted:

"It's the place where a bunch of extremely online people argue about crisps while making strange memes about beans, while some of the less fun ones post news once in a while."

Memes up yer backside :v: :marc:

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

CGI Stardust posted:

to be fair you can divide those last two by probably 3 or 4, because they're really funny and absolutely have been rewatched multiple times by all the Labour activists

I did a bit more digging and those are just one version of the videos watched. There's another Burley vs chair video that's got 762k views.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

drat what the gently caress has changed with the news?

Watched the News at 10, not only did they show clips of both Johnson and Corbyn but they actually mentioned the guy resigning over the rape trial and then pointed out that all the Tories spending pledges don't actually reverse the cuts they made since 2010.

It's like all the sucking up to the Tories was just to lull them into a false sense of security. Is this.. is this what a normal media is like?

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

jabby posted:

Watched the News at 10, not only did they show clips of both Johnson and Corbyn but they actually mentioned the guy resigning over the rape trial and then pointed out that all the Tories spending pledges don't actually reverse the cuts they made since 2010.

It's like all the sucking up to the Tories was just to lull them into a false sense of security. Is this.. is this what a normal media is like?

Purdah!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Told yez that as long as tory fuckups are red meat, they'll report it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

jabby posted:

Like a landlord finally fixing that black mould on the wall, they legally have to do it. They're still poo poo.