Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I continue to try to hit the highlights of the Battle of the Super Juniors in my increasingly futile attempts to get caught up on New Japan. Plus, I sneak a good Wrestle-1 match in.

MOTYC: El Phantasmo vs. Will Ospreay, Best of the Super Juniors (5/22) - holy poo poo, this is one of the best matches I've seen all year. I've heard great things about their Super J Cup match, which I'm working up to, but it will be so hard to top this.
MOTYC: Bandido vs. Will Ospreay, Best of the Super Juniors (5/23)
MOTYC: Dragon Lee vs. Shingo Takagi, Best of the Super Juniors (5/23)

HM: Jiro Kuroshio vs. T-Hawk, Wrestle-1 Wrestle Wars (3/21)
HM: Bandido vs. YOH, Best of the Super Juniors (5/16)
HM: Marty Scurll vs. Shingo Takagi, Best of the Super Juniors (5/22)
HM: Dragon Lee vs. Titan, Best of the Super Juniors (5/24)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
HM: Allie & Sadie Gibbs vs Big Swole & Martinez

Probably their best women’s match to date but it was done in front of a tired crowd on dark so it doesn’t quite have the same energy a regular match would’ve

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

Probably their best women’s match to date but it was done in front of a tired crowd on dark so it doesn’t quite have the same energy a regular match would’ve

As someone in the crowd: it was placed really poorly (it was taped right after the tag title match), and I was distracted by how poor of a performance Allie had in comparison to everyone else.

Some more votes:

MOTYC: El Phantasmo vs. Rocky Romero, Best of the Super Juniors (5/24)

HM: Robbie Eagles vs. Will Ospreay, Best of the Super Juniors (5/26)
HM: Shingo Takagi vs. Taiji Ishimori, Best of the Super Juniors (5/31)
HM: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Will Ospreay, Best of the Super Juniors (6/3)
HM: Jon Moxley vs. Juice Robinson, Best of the Super Juniors Finals (6/5)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

RealFoxy posted:

I mean, it was good but bit hyperbolic to call it the best women's match ever when we had Nyla/Riho a month ago :shobon:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
26th October
OTT 5th Anniversary
OTT World Championship
Jordan Devlin (c) vs David Starr

This is a fight. Perfectly booked ending to a big feud, red hot crowd that aren't really ever quiet and are split maybe 65/35. The hometown champ has sold out and gone to WWE, the American poo poo stirrer has turned into the defender of independent wrestling. But all that wouldn't matter if the match fell flat, didn't deliver on the great build. It doesn't; it's a battle with great fire, great character moments, Devlin contemplates using his belt as a weapon while Starr calls him a capitalist pig and spits in his face.

I think this might be one of my very favourite matches of the year.

Hell yeah

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

forkboy84 posted:

According to Lucha World it's 26/10

Any idea what promotion it is for? I tried to look on Lucha World but apparently I can't actually enter anything in their search bar, just click the "go" button :confused:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Can I confirm you're updating from your earlier HM to a MOTY now?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

Any idea what promotion it is for? I tried to look on Lucha World but apparently I can't actually enter anything in their search bar, just click the "go" button :confused:

http://www.luchaworld.com/?p=91249 was where I found it, says it's from MexaWrestling

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thanks!

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
HM: Mei Suruga vs Crystal, Gatoh Move (9/16)

A fun match with fun spots revolving around Crystal's flexibility. Not really familiar with Gatoh Move but the match is in YouTube for archival purposes.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Can I confirm you're updating from your earlier HM to a MOTY now?

Yes please!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs. Dragon Lee, Dominion (6/9)

HM: Maya Yukihi vs. Tsukushi, Ice Ribbon (3/31) - https://dai.ly/kMwdwpPEOIh2cKtjujf
This was a fun brawl, where Yukihi just comes across as a totally cold bad rear end. She's very talented and this is worth a watch.

HM: Riho vs. Emi Sakura, Gatoh Move (7/2)

HM: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Taichi, Dominion (6/9)

Also, just now a HM: Pac vs. Trent, AEW Dynamite (11/6)

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Nov 7, 2019

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Marc Quen & Isiah Kassidy vs. Evil Uno & Stu Grayson, Dynamite 11/6

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Shanna & Riho vs. Jaime Hayter & Emi Sakura, Dynamite 11/6

fight me

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Punch McLightning posted:

fight me

HM. It owned and the women’s division is looking up that’s for sure. It was a hot match up, lots of great spots and people like Shanna and Hayter raise this division way up with their talent and experience.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

HM: Riho vs. Emi Sakura, Gatoh Move (7/2)
Also, just now a HM: Pac vs. Trent, AEW Dynamite (11/6)

HM: Marc Quen & Isiah Kassidy vs. Evil Uno & Stu Grayson, Dynamite 11/6

n'thing.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

HM: Shanna & Riho vs. Jaime Hayter & Emi Sakura, Dynamite 11/6

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Chris Jericho & Sammy Guevara vs. Kenny Omega & Adam Page, Dynamite 11/6

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Nth. Owned hard. God drat the crowd was hot.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HMs for:

PAC vs. Trent
Emi Sakura & Jamie Hayter vs. Riho and Shanna
Chris Jericho & Sammy Guevara vs. Kenny Omega & Adam Page

All from AEW Dynamite 11/6, goddamn what a show.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

HMs for:

PAC vs. Trent

nth i forgot how to do that smiley. is it :this:?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

oh but seriously I posted:

nth i forgot how to do that smiley. is it :this:?

its not a smiley unfortunately. its a few pixels too big i think

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007

abraham linksys posted:

big japan was astonishing, i dont know how you watch it but please do so

MOTYC: Daisuke Sekimoto & WALTER vs. Yuji Hino & Yuji Okabayashi, BJW Ryogoku 11/4

Nthing this. This was amazing big boy heavy wrestling.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
07/11
Dragon Gate The Gate of Evolution Night 1
DoiYoshi (Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino) vs Ben-K & Shun Skywalker

Setting up the Final Gate match between Doi & Ben-K for the Open The Dream Gate title but featuring the best tag team in the world & one of the most exciting younger teams. Also continuing on the story of Shun kinda hitting a slump since leaving the Mochizuki Dojo and aligning with a Ben-K who has in the same time obviously become the face of the company since being booted from RED. Post-match Ben berated Shun for being a loser & says maybe he should break up their team already. Instead they are going to have (I assume) a non-title singles match at a future Korakuen show.

There's been a couple of matches on this show which are really fun but maybe a little below HM level. So I won't nominate them but check out Mochizuki vs HYO and Dragon Kid & Dragon Dia vs Yamato & KAGETORA if you like the DG style or are in the cool kids Mochizuki fan club.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Nov 7, 2019

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Private Party vs. The Dark Order, AEW Dynamite, 06/11
HM: Emi Sakura/Jamie Hayter vs. Riho/Shanna, AEW Dynamite, 06/11
HM: Kenny Omega/Hangman Page vs. Chris Jericho/Sammy Guevara, AEW Dynamite, 06/11

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Rarity posted:

HM: Kenny Omega/Hangman Page vs. Chris Jericho/Sammy Guevara, AEW Dynamite, 06/11

Nth to all these

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Rarity posted:

nth to all these.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

Nth, all of this.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Rarity posted:

nth

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
8th October
Dragon Gate The Gate of Victory Night 5
Open The Dream Gate Championship
Ben-K (c) vs Masaaki Mochizuki

I have been eagerly waiting for a chance to see this and finally did and it's a loving rad.
Watch it: https://rutube.ru/video/8c5844df69829af5ac455f511d041ae8/?ref=search

MOTYC
26th October
OTT 5th Anniversary
OTT World Championship

This is a fight. Perfectly booked ending to a big feud, red hot crowd that aren't really ever quiet and are split maybe 65/35. The hometown champ has sold out and gone to WWE, the American poo poo stirrer has turned into the defender of independent wrestling. But all that wouldn't matter if the match fell flat, didn't deliver on the great build. It doesn't; it's a battle with great fire, great character moments, Devlin contemplates using his belt as a weapon while Starr calls him a capitalist pig and spits in his face.

nthing both these bad boys

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Rarity posted:

Nthing these.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Birds of Prey vs. Super Coach, NJPW Road to Power Struggle, 28/10

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Rarity posted:

Nth, last night was fuckin dope.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nth. So much fun.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

yes

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rarity posted:

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
8th October
Dragon Gate The Gate of Victory Night 5
Open The Dream Gate Championship
Ben-K (c) vs Masaaki Mochizuki

I have been eagerly waiting for a chance to see this and finally did and it's a loving rad.
Watch it: https://rutube.ru/video/8c5844df69829af5ac455f511d041ae8/?ref=search

MOTYC
26th October
OTT 5th Anniversary
OTT World Championship

Nth

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I don’t know why AAW is on the same streaming service as OTT but:

HM: Ortiz & Santana vs. Rey Fenix & Penta El Zero M, AAW Jim Lynam Memorial Tournament Day 2 (8/30)

This is pretty much only brawling (it’s the night before All Out and Fenix is coming off an injury, so I get it), and it still owns.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

HMs for:

PAC vs. Trent

Will nth these and nth

Bea Priestley vs Mayu Iwatani from 11/4 in Stardom. One scary botch but a really great match. Loved the finish.

Also HM for Stardom: Mayu Iwatani & Saki Kashima vs. Momo Watanabe & AZM (10/14)

AZM is so good. It might just be that I love kicks.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Nov 8, 2019

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
MOTYC: Beyond the Sea Singles Title Hair vs Hair: Arisa Nakajima (c) vs Nanae Takahashi, SEAdLINNNG Dynamic Show Case! 2019, 2nd November 2019

This is my 2019 match of the year. An intense, bitter battle between two rivals with incredibly high stakes, ending in a moment that it feels like SEAd had been building to since they started. Not going to spoil the finish since that takes something out of it (especially the great post-match), this is something that you all need to watch.

Especially nice to see the old Hair match stip in Joshi; it’s got an important historical place in history (which they leaned into here; showing clips of the big Yokota/Galactica, Nagayo/Matsumoto and Toyota/Yamada hair matches) but not something that you often see especially as good as this.

Also a HM for the Asuka/Mima Shimoda vs Yoshiko/Hiroyo Matsumoto tag title match from the same show

IceAgeComing fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Nov 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Gran Guerrero vs. Niebla Roja, CMLL Puebla (10/14) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRbD0_o03KU&t=6162s

A very good lucha match. Gran Guerrero tends to be overshadowed by Ultimo Guerrero, but Gran's really good in his own right, and Niebla Roja is one of those guys who's always good.

I'll add in a HM to Copa Antonio Pena from AAA's Heroes Immortales show on 10/19. A lot of fun, especially the ending sequence between Taurus & Vikingo.

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Nov 9, 2019