Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
No one who watched Anime is going to last 5 seconds into the apocalypse

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

But if they Naruto run, they can outrun climate change.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

well yeah it's behind him

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

but why does he have the anime horns

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Zereth posted:

well yeah it's behind him

Pretty sure some hollow stuck it there as a joke, poor guy barely fits in the room he's in

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Oh thank god, I was worried I was going to have to face the repercussions of my actions

Imma go watch some more jojo just to make sure

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
what the gently caress is fizz buzz

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

bike tory posted:

You own a home with a lawn and you're posting on the internet about how millennials were coddled growing up, and about what people should do to be successful. If you're not more than 50 years old, you should be asking yourself how it has come to this.

I'm a millennial with a home and a lawn and every second of every day there's a voice in the back of my head telling me that it's all a lie that I lucked out into having this.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
FizzBuzz is a very simple programming task, used in software developer job interviews, to determine whether the job candidate can actually write code. It was invented by Imran Ghory, and popularized by Jeff Atwood. Here is a description of the task:

Write a program that prints the numbers from 1 to 100. But for multiples of three print "Fizz" instead of the number and for the multiples of five print "Buzz". For numbers which are multiples of both three and five print "FizzBuzz".

It's very well known in software development circles. There are multiple implementations in every language, joke implementations, and plenty of articles discussing its usefulness during the hiring process.

Lol this gives me flashbacks to 2009 when employers got so many job applications that they had to come up with downright dumb poo poo to weed people out.

I remember being told that someone had gone to the parking lot during my interview and looked in my car to see if I was a "disorganized person"

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Whelp, I've clearly had a bunch of C/C++ in my life cause I instantly reverted to if/then/else so gently caress my brain

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
This derail reminds me of my favorite fun fact.

There is a massive shortage of computer touchers working in US cyber security because most computer touchers are potheads and neither party wants the hot potato of addressing how dumb it is that federal employees are subject to mandatory drug testing so instead of just letting people smoke weed instead the United States has the absolute worst cyber security of any developed nation.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Raptor1033 posted:

Whelp, I've clearly had a bunch of C/C++ in my life cause I instantly reverted to if/then/else so gently caress my brain

That's actually the correct answer, is the thing

FizzBuzz is super simple and doing it in a very straightforward way is completely correct, there's no tricks and the more direct you are the better a coder you will be to work with

Doing some artistic ultra-efficient bullshit marks you as a garbage coder whose code will be difficult to deal with and therefore will probably slow the project down long-term, doubly so if lost, so gently caress 'em

If you can't manage to write an accurate FizzBuzz you'll never manage to code something that'll work for, like, financial data

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

There is a massive shortage of computer touchers working in US cyber security because most computer touchers are potheads and neither party wants the hot potato of addressing how dumb it is that federal employees are subject to mandatory drug testing so instead of just letting people smoke weed instead the United States has the absolute worst cyber security of any developed nation.

Didn't the White House finally drop its mandatory suits-only policy because they were losing the best IT people because the best IT people don't want to wear goddamn suits?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

that was obama wanting to rock some mom jeans in the oval

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Christ, when I quit computer science saying "it's like learning a foreign language without the pleasure of interacting with a foreigner"

just...wow. that says a lot about myself that I didn't really know

gently caress you did you type that with the intent of wasting my goddamn time?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

So many boring words; now I have class UNconsciousness, am I right? Can I get some snare on that good good joke? Can I? No? Ok.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

From soros to Hillary. That wide range of negative belief the author could think of.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

9/11 was a Tuesday too so what

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Heath posted:

9/11 was a Tuesday too so what

:goodshit:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ok boomer

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Bombadilillo posted:

From soros to Hillary. That wide range of negative belief the author could think of.

They just don't want people to assume all rich people are child rapists. They might end up going after philanthropists like Bill Gates.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Yes, those are literally the only two reasons. You totally aren't a dipshit who has been weirdly hostile to this meme for awhile now.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://twitter.com/Yadda_xyz/status/1160334836445433860?s=19

Caufman
May 7, 2007

The hanged man?

Love did him in, but communism killed him.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why are you so intent on covering up Epstein's murder?

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Allende was killed on 9/11 too. In ‘73, also a Tuesday.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

This is only for the Letter Agency's. Anyone in the public sector knows there's a shortage and wont even hint at drug testing someone beyond the Help Desk level.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Vadun posted:

This is only for the Letter Agency's. Anyone in the public sector knows there's a shortage and wont even hint at drug testing someone beyond the Help Desk level.

Oh yeah, I bet Amazon and Citi are loving ironclad impregnable fortresses.

The Pentagon and FBI, etc., basically have the cyber security equivalent of one drowsy guard armed with a flashlight.

Like no one who's qualified to protect our nuclear weapons stock is going to pee in a cup and get yelled at to "make the security more robust" by an inept army colonel that doesn't know how to use email for $20k. Those people are working for Google and Bank of America.

We're basically one bored Chinese teenager away from us nuking ourselves. It rules so hard that the median age of our congress is 137 years old.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
9/11's a pretty cursed date

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:same:

Oh yeah, I bet Amazon and Citi are loving ironclad impregnable fortresses.

The Pentagon and FBI, etc., basically have the cyber security equivalent of one drowsy guard armed with a flashlight.

Like no one who's qualified to protect our nuclear weapons stock is going to pee in a cup and get yelled at to "make the security more robust" by an inept army colonel that doesn't know how to use email for $20k. Those people are working for Google and Bank of America.

We're basically one bored Chinese teenager away from us nuking ourselves. It rules so hard that the median age of our congress is 137 years old.

:same:

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Are you telling me that the birth of Minamoto no Yoriie doesn't fill you with joy?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Who What Now posted:

Yes, those are literally the only two reasons.

They're actually the same reason, that a generation of narcissists think posting words with pictures on them is not only meaningful political action but literally magic and that if they just keep prodromally muttering the same catchphrase over and over online their qanon pizzagate bullshit will have to be recognized as a real thing, the idea that their posts are supposed to be funny, informative, or interesting long since atrophied to nothingness.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Can't get ribbed by the next generation if nobody can afford to have kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Facebook Aunt posted:

Can't get ribbed by the next generation if nobody can afford to have kids.

Besides the next generation is gonna take all our ribs anyway

They's good eatin