Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

im alan jones posted:

theres no mention of welfare in the entire thing you poo poo-for-brains

No poo poo. They're not a meaningful demographic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The heartless Labor strategy document isn't about anything but winning. I'm amazed.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

JBP posted:

Oh Newstart. Lol ok that's a real humdinger maybe go to the welfare bit and read it or whatever and produce something substantial.

JBP posted:

The heartless Labor strategy document isn't about anything but winning. I'm amazed.

lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
JBP, everybody.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
They’re a workers party not a shirkers party duh
*kills self*

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

They're not a workers party you're all mad.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

JBP posted:

No poo poo. They're not a meaningful demographic.

have you fuckin looked at the unemployment/underemployment stats? they're a meaningful demographic, especially to a party that pretends to be a workers party.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

If you all adopted my way, the way of Tao, you'd understand self. You'd understand the universe. I weep with you, but never for you.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

JBP posted:

i'm not mad your mad

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

GoldStandardConure posted:

i'm not mad your mad

*Ur

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Ctrl-f immigrant

Haha it isn't there I am incredibly smart

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

JBP posted:

Ctrl-f immigrant

Haha it isn't there I am incredibly smart

Holy poo poo you learnt how to search.

There are several mentions of how recent migrants votes but still, baby steps.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

JBP posted:

I am incredibly smart

are you though

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm Australian by force and so are you.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i could have designed the alp a better campaign, they are so bad

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

kirbysuperstar posted:

JBP, everybody.

JBP is everybody.

bowmore posted:

i could have designed the alp a better campaign, they are so bad

True, bowmore.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

JBP posted:

They're not a real party at this point either.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

edit : not worth it.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

JBP posted:

agreed

e; wait a minute

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I still support ALP.exe

I think it will figure something out.

It'll just take a few more months because it's a big fat shocked baby. I have some faith and I'm hoping to help flip BCC next year with my friends :kiddo:

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

just like the Labor party :v:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Dear thread,

Do I, Gridlocked, read 92 pages from the ALP to find out that the ALP realizes that maybe they lost the election on marketing because they were poo poo at selling themselves as an alternative instead of going "HO FUCKIN' HUM BOOMERS WILL SURELY VOTE FOR US BECAUSE NO ONE LIKED TONY!"

Regards,

Gridlocked

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Gridlocked posted:

Dear thread,

Do I, Gridlocked, read 92 pages from the ALP to find out that the ALP realizes that maybe they lost the election on marketing because they were poo poo at selling themselves as an alternative instead of going "HO FUCKIN' HUM BOOMERS WILL SURELY VOTE FOR US BECAUSE NO ONE LIKED TONY!"

Regards,

Gridlocked

Tldr for you; they lost because they're bad and they make people feel bad.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
The media hasn't shut the gently caress up about Labor losing the election since the election. Why is it still the first thing on radio news broadcasts that Labor released a document about why they lost?

gently caress this stupid media landscape

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

JBP posted:

Tldr for you; they lost because they're bad and they make people feel bad.

So by extension, the LNP won because... :thunkher:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
My seat swing 7% to nationals last election.

Like, I don't even know where to start with that. Remember the Nationals last election? Like half of them were Kiwi and we heard far too much about Barnaby's sex life.

And a non margin of error people though gently caress yeah, more of that. NB my electorate is exceedingly old and white.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

starkebn posted:

The media hasn't shut the gently caress up about Labor losing the election since the election. Why is it still the first thing on radio news broadcasts that Labor released a document about why they lost?

gently caress this stupid media landscape

Labor is okay compared to the media landscape that these Tory monsters have developed.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Whitlam posted:

So by extension, the LNP won because... :thunkher:

Scomo makes people feel good. He has a positive message. She'll be right. He knows the audience.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
And they say,

If you listen to the wind blowing across Old Queensland,

In the quiet moments between the today's Extinction Rebellion protest and tomorrow's, between the bustle of the traffic in the Brisbane CBD, from the time it takes a boomer to turn from one page of the Courier Mail to the next, in the brief pause between CREDLIN and the Bolt Report streamed live to every waiting room, train station, airport and office television set in the city....

In the quiet moments in the north of the state, between the sound of trucks shipping mining equipment to the west, between the pause in the fingers of a retired 70 something tradie as they send their next text-to-the-editor, from the second the first bit of coal hits the bed of a carriage to the next ones falls, in the slow motion like instance where a cell of coral goes from vibrant red to a pale white....

You can hear the whisper of an Anidav and a Gridlocked,

Blowing on that hot, dry Queensland wind.

Whispering

I like Bill

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Zenithe posted:

My seat swing 7% to nationals last election.

Like, I don't even know where to start with that. Remember the Nationals last election? Like half of them were Kiwi and we heard far too much about Barnaby's sex life.

And a non margin of error people though gently caress yeah, more of that. NB my electorate is exceedingly old and white.

Across two local seats I looked at very closely, the booth results tracked almost perfectly one for one (within one or two percentage points) with Palmer gains and Labor negative swings. Like, Labor -10 Palmer +10. I'd be very interested to see if that was replicated anywhere else, because I'd bet it was.

I really don't think Newstart was a deciding factor in the election. Not saying it doesn't matter or it isn't important, but I really don't think most votes were cast on the basis of Newstart, especially in comparison to Shorten's popularity as a factor.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Here's the thing about organising. If you make people feel blamed, you fail. That's the hurdle for climate change because of this personal responsibility horseshit that everyone including environmental groups talks about. Eat less meat. Turn off the lights. You're a gently caress up. You hosed it up.

I'm not a fuckup. gently caress you. I'll never change. I am a man and I am doing my best. I'm voting for scomo because he believes in my potential to achieve.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Whitlam posted:

Across two local seats I looked at very closely, the booth results tracked almost perfectly one for one (within one or two percentage points) with Palmer gains and Labor negative swings. Like, Labor -10 Palmer +10. I'd be very interested to see if that was replicated anywhere else, because I'd bet it was.

I really don't think Newstart was a deciding factor in the election. Not saying it doesn't matter or it isn't important, but I really don't think most votes were cast on the basis of Newstart, especially in comparison to Shorten's popularity as a factor.

Not for mine at least, no Palmer time before last, and got 3% during the one earlier this year. Very clear swing from Labor to the Nats.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

GoldStandardConure posted:

just like the Labor party :v:

Do you know what is worth it?

burgs. lets burg.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

JBP posted:

I'm not a fuckup. gently caress you. I'll never change. I am a man and I am doing my best. I'm voting for scomo because he believes in my potential to achieve.

Marx's "sack of Duttons"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The Peccadillo posted:

Marx's "sack of Duttons"

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Zenithe posted:

Not for mine at least, no Palmer time before last, and got 3% during the one earlier this year. Very clear swing from Labor to the Nats.

Oh yeah, I was just going off this last election (not the one before last). Interesting swing for your seat though.

Nanpa
Apr 24, 2007
Nap Ghost

Gridlocked posted:

Dear thread,

Regards,

Gridlocked

I'm having a light read through now, but I think it's worth at least having a look at opening summary (no one actually reads documents anymore lol it's just to get the executive summary on the news). Scroll through and dig deeper on any other sections that take your interest.

But yeah, there are some choice paragraphs like this:

quote:

Paradoxically, many of the people for whom Labor’s policy agenda was designed to benefit voted against the Party and those adversely affected by Labor’s tax policies swung to Labor, while the openness intended by promoting a detailed policy agenda caused fear rather than trust.

The election recap is worth a look at as well.

Unfortunately most of the conclusions outside of organisational ones seem to be "we can't be too complicated" and "Queensland still exists and is filled with every demographic that swung against us".

Also, as someone who ignores ad TV like the plague I managed to ignore most of Palmer's shenanigans. I didn't realise that bar one week of the campaign he was spending nearly twice as much as the ALP.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Nanpa posted:

I'm having a light read through now, but I think it's worth at least having a look at opening summary (no one actually reads documents anymore lol it's just to get the executive summary on the news). Scroll through and dig deeper on any other sections that take your interest.

But yeah, there are some choice paragraphs like this:

The election recap is worth a look at as well.

Unfortunately most of the conclusions outside of organisational ones seem to be "we can't be too complicated" and "Queensland still exists and is filled with every demographic that swung against us".

Also, as someone who ignores ad TV like the plague I managed to ignore most of Palmer's shenanigans. I didn't realise that bar one week of the campaign he was spending nearly twice as much as the ALP.

Fankly the document may as well have the executive summary of

"Dave and Grid were right about QLD."

Vote 1 premier Anime David

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Brisbane strong,

Voters wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I looked up the f-35 being a real piece of work stuff and apparently one of the things they had to fix in the last few months was the several hundred thousand dollar vr helmets crashing to just green and making the pilots blind

https://www.defensenews.com/air/2019/06/12/the-pentagon-is-battling-the-clock-to-fix-serious-unreported-f-35-problems/

Well after the purchase, but before America started actually mass producing them

Hopefully fixed, good luck boys, go get 'im.
This timing of a US air force produced sequel to a US air force produced classic, in the same year as a US air force produced Marvel movie is coincidental

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSqVVswa420

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Nov 7, 2019