Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Isn't that Sunspot. Corsair has a mustache and is at least in his 40s, isn't he.

That is Sunspot, and if you read the comic Corsair is a complete and absolute poo poo to Sunspot immediately after this.

I'm just saying, if I was Jean Grey or Cyclops I definitely wouldn't let Corsair babysit my time displaced Cable child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lurdiak posted:

Isn't that Sunspot. Corsair has a mustache and is at least in his 40s, isn't he.

Corsair also wears a headband, because he is a cool space pirate.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

New Mutants #1

Sunspot's got form for saving the day. We need more of his ludicrous New Avengers/U.S.Avengers management style. Or at least more of him written by Al Ewing.

(Avengers #688)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DigitalRaven posted:

Sunspot's got form for saving the day. We need more of his ludicrous New Avengers/U.S.Avengers management style. Or at least more of him written by Al Ewing.

(Avengers #688)

Heavy Chujo the Silent vibes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6pAdFOUDmw
(You can turn subs on)

He can only use his ability once He's a human bomb, and afterwards will die, but until then he's basically unstoppable

Giant Robo is the bessssst

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Like that page surely has to be a homage to it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKpyrHiZgZA

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Phy posted:

I'm kind of lost and those panels are just making me a bit sad about Anton Yelchin.

I'm glad you posted this because on reading it my first thought was that if Chekov ever broke the fourth wall, this is how he'd do it (minus the "the" in the first panel).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey did they ever reveal how Corsair was alive?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Hey did they ever reveal how Corsair was alive?

You mean like, originally? The Summers family plane was targeted by a Shi'ar exploratory craft, who wanted to shoot it down to prevent witnesses to their existence. Corsair and his wife who is, perhaps, the epitome of "female character as tragic motivating prop" sent the kids down together with the only parachute before being abducted themselves. The Shi'ar Emperor at the time, Lilandra's evil brother D'Ken, raped and killed expendable Summers wife (but not before cutting Vulcan out of her and putting him in a tube!), and sent Corsair to the slave pits. He later escaped and became a pirate targeting the Shi'ar Empire.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Android Blues posted:

You mean like, originally? The Summers family plane was targeted by a Shi'ar exploratory craft, who wanted to shoot it down to prevent witnesses to their existence. Corsair and his wife who is, perhaps, the epitome of "female character as tragic motivating prop" sent the kids down together with the only parachute before being abducted themselves. The Shi'ar Emperor at the time, Lilandra's evil brother D'Ken, raped and killed expendable Summers wife (but not before cutting Vulcan out of her and putting him in a tube!), and sent Corsair to the slave pits. He later escaped and became a pirate targeting the Shi'ar Empire.

No, Vulcan vaporized him and Havok joined the Starjammers to get revenge. Corsair just showed up out of nowhere in the Bendis X-Men alive and well.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Rhyno posted:

No, Vulcan vaporized him and Havok joined the Starjammers to get revenge. Corsair just showed up out of nowhere in the Bendis X-Men alive and well.

Oh, man, I have no idea.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

DigitalRaven posted:

(Avengers #688)

We need another book that's just about Roberto and Sam pallin' around and saving the world.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rhyno posted:

Given that it was Bendis I’m actually surprised a reason was given, but

Wikipedia posted:

The time-displaced Cyclops would later learn that the Starjammers under the insistence of Hepzibah, made a deal with the mysterious Shrouded, who brought Corsair back to life. However, his resurrection came at a price, Corsair had to inject himself regularly with a nano-serum containing a collective artificial intelligence. The serum was illegal, banned by all governments across the cosmos due to the threat it posed, as it allowed A.I.s to use a living body as a host. Corsair had to go to great lengths to buy the illegal serum and to avoid arrest but there was no other way he could remain alive

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm guessing that was revealed in the Cyclops ongoing by Greg Rucka.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

From two separate stories in Whiz Comics #7 (1940). Must have been a popular saying that year.

Adventures into the Unknown #10 (1950)

Spidey Super Stories #8 (1975)

What If? #11 (1978)

Batman: Shadow of the Bat #43 (1995)

Shadowman #2 (1999)

Deadpool / GLI: Summer Fun Spectacular #1 (2007)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I'm guessing that was revealed in the Cyclops ongoing by Greg Rucka.

Correct.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Darthemed posted:

On the whole I could take or leave squirrel-girl, but I adore it when they use her to tweek nerds like this. :allears:

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Darthemed posted:

quote:

FAVORITE THINGS: victor von doom doing a mental risk/reward analysis like “you know what? when this girl was fourteen she covered me in squirrels. have i rodent-proofed my poo poo since then? yes. am i in the mood to get covered in loving squirrels again? literally never. god knows what new powers she’s found since puberty. let the little devil-imp take the goddamn time machine. gently caress it. who cares. she’ll probably just end up using it to go back in time and tell herself to never come here. that’s how 90% of all time travel ends. another 5% ends with me as undisputed ruler of the entire earth. i’m not even giving her the good time machine. it’s the janky one. joke’s on her, the a/c doesn’t even work and the tapedeck is broken. doom, as ever, is the real winner here.”

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
"Oh. It's you."

:mmmhmm:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Synthbuttrange posted:

New Mutants #1

God I just adore the art in this book.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Darthemed posted:

What If? #11 (1978)
Is this What If? The Fantastic Four Dyed Their Hair And Regretted It?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

What If? the Fantastic Four were the Marvel Bullpen. That’s Flo Steinberg. Kirby is the Thing, Lee is Mr Fantastic, and I can’t remember who was Human Torch.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Open Marriage Night posted:

What If? the Fantastic Four were the Marvel Bullpen. That’s Flo Steinberg. Kirby is the Thing, Lee is Mr Fantastic, and I can’t remember who was Human Torch.

Sol Brodsky https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/What_If%3F_Vol_1_11

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Spider-Verse #2: Peter and Ben Parker talk about the truly INSANE implications of multiverse theory.

Sheer madness

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
The darkest universe for sure.

So Jimmy Olsen is straight killing it. #5 is great especially.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

poo poo, I didnt know they were killing Batman again

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Probably way off but assuming he gets a similar reaction on average, that's roughly 3,400 times Batman thought he was genuinely funny.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cassa posted:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Jesus christ lol

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Cassa posted:

these are fantastic

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

That look on Superman's face is outstanding. Whose art is that? It resembles Kevin Maguire, but doesn't quite look like it matches.

EDIT: Quoted wrong panel

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Nov 21, 2019

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Those are fantastic :allears:

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

ManiacClown posted:

That look on Superman's face is outstanding. Whose art is that? It resembles Kevin Maguire, but doesn't quite look like it matches.

Steve Lieber on art, Nathan Fairbairn on colours, Clayton Cowles lettering, and Matt Fraction writing.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

ManiacClown posted:

EDIT: Quoted wrong panel

I like that his hair is all wet, it adds to his droopy look.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
The little corner bowtie where Batman's logo is in the first strip is a nice touch.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Panama Red posted:

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol 1. (2015) #4

I've always loved Thanos and Galactus' mildly antagonistic, bitchy relationship

From Infinity War. Galactus' quietly bitching "Does annoying Thanos...?" response just cracks me up when I think about the poor bastards along for the ride hearing these Cosmic powers being passive-aggressive dicks to each other.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I love pathetic Batman/Wayne.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Jerusalem posted:

I've always loved Thanos and Galactus' mildly antagonistic, bitchy relationship

From Infinity War. Galactus' quietly bitching "Does annoying Thanos...?" response just cracks me up when I think about the poor bastards along for the ride hearing these Cosmic powers being passive-aggressive dicks to each other.

I only just now noticed Galactus has a hat-brim on his helmet. So he's basically always wearing a ballcap.

Also:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Cassa posted:

I love that Superman could have saved Jimmy's camera but didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Red posted:

I only just now noticed Galactus has a hat-brim on his helmet. So he's basically always wearing a ballcap.

I have no idea how this never really registered with me before :stare: