Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

cool dance moves posted:

Go for it! Theres an ottoman history podcast that talks about stuff like mustache culture in the ottoman middle east, maybe listening to a couple of episodes cwould give you some extra guidance if you want!

E: somewhat related, is there a good podcast on iran in the 19th-20th centuries? The Lions Led by Donkeys episodes on the Iran-Iraq War got me kind of interested

what’s the ottoman podcast called?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Mawarannahr Bucket posted:

what’s the ottoman podcast called?

It's just called the Ottoman History Podcast: http://www.ottomanhistorypodcast.com/?m=1

They also do some eps in turkish if anyone itt is into that

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
it rules that SF is coming to St Pete because of Bryan listening to Bubba. I'm sure his mental version of Tampa will be a let down but I think he'll appreciate 2001 Odyssey Nude at least

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
i just spent a hundred dollars on a microphone for a podcast that will probably get two episodes before work/school catch up with me and make me ditch it

I blame all of you

also:
Vox Barbaricum[VB]

or

One Thousand and One Nights [OTON]

leaning towards the first even though it makes it sound like a chud adjacent history podcast

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Shakenbaker posted:

it rules that SF is coming to St Pete because of Bryan listening to Bubba. I'm sure his mental version of Tampa will be a let down but I think he'll appreciate 2001 Odyssey Nude at least

can you even eat in Tampa

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
There's a pretty good Doner place in St.Pete I used to go to during Pride. Tampa proper is kinda the white boomer slop you imagine when you think of Florida outside of Miami though. Pack a lunch.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I think we've got pretty good food :colbert: I mean at the very least you don't get ripped off when you order a Cuban sandwich because it'll have salami on it

also we've got wawas now so no one can complain about anything

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Shakenbaker posted:

when you order a Cuban sandwich because it'll have salami on it

:eyepop:

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Doc Hawkins posted:

a friend of mine started the Sex Positive Democratic Club here in SF, which i was supportive of until i saw they were almost all bootlicking libs

maybe the bootlicking is due to their sexual preferences, rather than their ideology. try to be open minded

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

The most recent Rev Left episode on Marxist humanism is real good, probably his best guest that I've heard.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Finicums Wake posted:

maybe the bootlicking is due to their sexual preferences, rather than their ideology. try to be open minded
Take it from a rope bunny communist: there's no excuse for liberalism.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I wonder if anyone keeps a spreadsheet for street fight the same way they do for cumtown

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Doc Hawkins posted:

a friend of mine started the Sex Positive Democratic Club here in SF, which i was supportive of until i saw they were almost all bootlicking libs

sadly the only moral single issue is my single issue: the well-being of humanity. i am pure, all others are foolish and fallen.

(it's a class and class-awareness problem, not a poly problem)
this is the only democratic club you should care about

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Larry Parrish posted:

maybe its my inherent prude tendencies but i instinctively hate everyone who talks about their sex life in detail unless they're someone I already know well which in my experience is apparently every poly person and every bdsm person

yes

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Larry Parrish posted:

maybe its my inherent prude tendencies but i instinctively hate everyone who talks about their sex life in detail unless they're someone I already know well which in my experience is apparently every poly person and every bdsm person

volcel agitprop, but subtle. nice. pm or hitt me up on twitter if you wanna join the group meetingsd

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
sometimes I get irritated by Mike Duncan's Revolutions podcast and then he has to go and do something like this, completely redeeming himself

https://twitter.com/mikeduncan/status/1192412502694531072?s=19

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Duncan deliberately tries to keep a neutral voice in the podcast and give every side a fair shake. His real beliefs leak out every now and then though.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

duncan is legit a self made guy too isn't he, just podding in his spare time between shifts as a mechanic or something, and patiently building an audience etc

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

AnEdgelord posted:

Duncan deliberately tries to keep a neutral voice in the podcast and give every side a fair shake. His real beliefs leak out every now and then though.

he started out extremely lib in Rome, but by the eighteenth time he read "and then the liberals betrayed them to the counterrevolutionaries and they all got purged" he couldn't help but draw a few conclusions

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Apoplexy posted:

While I doubt it's real for reasons that have been covered already, I can't help but laugh at the notion of it being real. Almost as bad as when a GoonFleet guy got into Remedy/Remedial's emails and found the exact same thing.

Some guy, namely firstname lastname

Hes still alive and kicking, somehow

gh0stpinballa posted:

duncan is legit a self made guy too isn't he, just podding in his spare time between shifts as a mechanic or something, and patiently building an audience etc

Fishmonger. I don't think he went full time podcasting til revolutions

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 15:46 on Nov 7, 2019

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

being poly and gay will be mandatory in my america

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dreddout posted:

the virgin MeansTV vs. the chad Memri TV

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Dreddout posted:

The fact that commentators don't regularly get into on-air fistfights in the US is proof that they're faking any claims of opposing each other

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

he started out extremely lib in Rome, but by the eighteenth time he read "and then the liberals betrayed them to the counterrevolutionaries and they all got purged" he couldn't help but draw a few conclusions

the end state of a serious revolutions podcast would always be self-radicalization - with mike duncan I think you can really feel his turn around the haiti episodes

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

Firstname Lastname is a hero among heroes, though deadtear continues to exist

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

TheBalor posted:

Just started listening to Street Fight for shocktober. What would be good "must listen" episodes?

I personally really love the live shows. it's great when they get a "kill jeff bezos" chant going.

Bear Retrieval Unit has issued a correction as of 17:36 on Nov 7, 2019

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Jon Irenicus posted:

the end state of a serious revolutions podcast would always be self-radicalization - with mike duncan I think you can really feel his turn around the haiti episodes

Because it's easy to rationalize liberal actions in the French rev. But not so much for the other 19th century revolutions.

Zurakara, you should definitely start another middle east history podcast. English middle east history podcasts are so lacking that The History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps is one of the best ones now.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Dreddout posted:

All the good memritv memes are from the same Iraqi comedy show

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

mastershakeman posted:

Hes still alive and kicking, somehow

Don't worry, I remembered it was FNLN, haha. I just didn't want to say a name given that it was technically a criminal act. I still can't get any of the EVE-related poo poo out of my brain and it's been nearly 15 years. Every time Highway to the Danger Zone plays on the radio I replace 'danger' with 'Dungar'

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Victory Position posted:

deadtear's one of my faves from that time, haha. Come to #poligoon, you gently caress! #dota is dead now

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

golden bubble posted:

The History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps

ooooo, didn't know about that one

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

T-man posted:

Dying in a car bombing by a 3%er militia will be a relief

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

T-man posted:

i think we're gonna look back on the poly movement the way we look at nu metal now, a fad we thought was cool because we were angry and scared of the clown president and wanted to hurt mom and dad

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Victory Position posted:

Remember when he stole the Titan fund for ham money and then got disbarred for not paying taxes

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

gh0stpinballa posted:

i think we're gonna look back on the poly movement the way we look at nu metal now, a fad we thought was cool because we were angry and scared of the clown president and wanted to hurt mom and dad

In a world where sexual culture is relatively permissive but breaking up and leaving your partner is often prohibitively expensive there is going to inevitably be a steady supply of people realizing they want to have sex and intimacy outside their current relationships.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also it's nice to love and be loved in general just do it pussies

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
as a parent who participated in my child's birth let me assure you that sex is disgusting and you should all be ashamed of yourselves and your disgusting bodies

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Helsing posted:

In a world where sexual culture is relatively permissive but breaking up and leaving your partner is often prohibitively expensive there is going to inevitably be a steady supply of people realizing they want to have sex and intimacy outside their current relationships.

god bless them and their hobby i just don't see why i need to hear about it

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Crane Fist posted:

Dying in a car bombing by a 3%er militia will be a relief

Trust me, not as much as one for the people you'll leave behind. Make sure to get perma'd before you go, we don't want any Ghost Dipshit stuff happening. In conclusion,

gh0stpinballa posted:

gh0stpinballa posted:

god bless them and their hobby i just don't see why i need to hear about it
Die cishet scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
T-man making a serious bid to go from generic bad poster to genuinely creepy.