Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Firos posted:

I disagree. Most people who hear it are gonna be saying "what the gently caress is a kulak".

Not to mention comparing taxing the rich to the Holodomor comes across as a little offensive to people who aren't lead poisoned boomers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Tesseraction posted:

Not to mention comparing taxing the rich to the Holodomor comes across as a little offensive to people who aren't lead poisoned boomers.

Idiot, his name is Hodor.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/NickBoles/status/1192447797636804608

Racism is when other people do it.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Firos posted:

I disagree. Most people who hear it are gonna be saying "what the gently caress is a kulak".

"like a gulag you know those bad communist prisons!"

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Ratjaculation posted:

My avatar is my identity, I don't know how you people swap them so much

Never bought an avatar or title in however many years I've been here. This is some poo poo someone gave me for reasons I don't remember.

jabby posted:

All six are just refurbs. No new ground will be broken for a totally new hospital anywhere.

Is there any source for this?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ratjaculation posted:

I instantly dislike kirby because he was so overpowered in the original SSB, it's been hard for me to look past that and like you

I have the opposite problem, I used to be fine with Kirby but now videogames has ruined the poor dear by being associating him with a mod, and my anarchist philosophy dictates No Mods, No Masters.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

I have the opposite problem, I used to be fine with Kirby but now videogames has ruined the poor dear by being associating him with a mod, and my anarchist philosophy dictates No Mods, No Masters.

Kirby is a comrade :hai:

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Everyone knows that mods make videogames better.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Ratjaculation posted:

Ratty has upgraded a few times, including his current weight gain and the time someone killed him :(

If anyone has any ideas on how to Labour-ise him, let me know

Give him a ushanka

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

Remind me where yours is from again? One Piece? I can't even remember if it's a man or woman hugging that poor... lion... dog... reindeer?

Yeah, it's from the fifth or sixth set of opening credits of the anime when they temporarily lose their reindeer doctor to a pirate cheerleader.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

team overhead smash posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/sep/29/from-40-hospitals-to-six-tories-nhs-numbers-dont-add-up

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Tories: the anti-racists natural ally

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ratjaculation posted:

Ratty has upgraded a few times, including his current weight gain and the time someone killed him :(

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

:perfect:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Miftan posted:

Tesseraction posted:

our avs will converge and it'll be a choc orange over nigel's nads

Couldn't taste any worse tbh

I defer to your apparently expertise in the taste thereof.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

:five:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

31 prime cunts out

https://twitter.com/GavinFreeguard/status/1192422587395170305

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

HJB posted:

The butterfly meme, but "Is this purdah?"

Jeremy Corbyn was rocking out last night after the resignation of his deputy on the first day of the election campaign.

A source close to the leader's office and far from that oval office Tom Watson said: "I didn't know Jeremy could jam like this!" before launching into a rendition of Oh Jeremy Corbyn.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Dare I ask what Tess's short-lived avatar was?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Heya folks, with all the talk of podcasts I thought I would link one of my friends doing one.

It's called "casting lots" and it's all about survival cannibalism!

https://castinglotspod.home.blog/

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Samovar posted:

Dare I ask what Tess's short-lived avatar was?

Nude farage in front of a union jack with "BRITAIN'S SEXIEST: NIGEL FARAGE" beside him

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Sure, just step this way... :thermidor:

As long as I get to keep the crown :smugissar:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/coso9001/status/1192457434142593025

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

Now begins the arms race of who finally caves and gives me a new one so they don't have to see nude farage as they try and scroll past my post.

I missed naked Farage, and as the originator of the phrases 'trickledown trough' and 'Nigel Farage's spitty crumbs' I feel slighted :mad:

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

You might make more progress with your 'admirable' 'campaign' if you just give up on it :smug:

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Angepain posted:

fake edit: partially beaten by HJB but going to post anyway. never stop posting

Churchill pulling the old bunny ears trick on Johnson. What a scamp.

Edit: A triple from me? Post more you lazy bastards!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

DC lines and trains with AC motors with VFDs would be the best option I guess, which I think the London underground has been moving to since the mid 90s when big thyristors started coming on the market.

Very confused about why 80s hifi display panels are the reason modern tube trains sound like they have gears, but I'll trust you.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/sunny_hundal/status/1192441375612162049?s=20

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1192465059626258433

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/LadsLasses/status/1192463427744210945

Well poo poo. Has a copper ever been charged with murder (instead of just manslaughter) in these circumstances before? Presumably the actual story is way, way more than we've been told.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

team overhead smash posted:

https://fullfact.org/health/six-hospitals-not-forty/

Miftan posted:

The Corbyn Stalin thing is playing out exactly how the tories want. They've got a regular brigade of people justifying it for the extremely online tories, but for everyone else they're just gonna see 'Tory MP called Corbyn Stalin' on the news with no further explanation and go 'yeah he is isnt he!!'

Strong doubt. I think most people in this country are tired and hosed off with politicians of all stripes rather than angry and furious right now. Outrageous claims about Corbyn are just going to piss them off and drive them away from Johnson.

Imagine the debate between Corbyn and Johnson. If the Stalin stuff got brought up live on air, and Corbyn laughed it off or called it ridiculous and insensitive, who do you think would come off better?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

these are the people marina hyde defended the other day

https://twitter.com/venanalysis/status/1192277696723791872?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he's included his bank account number and sort code lol

https://twitter.com/sima_kotecha/status/1192452762958729221?s=20

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

He's about to make a lot of very generous charitable Direct Debit donations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Jose posted:

Quick, make a donation to the Labour Party for him

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

jabby posted:

Strong doubt. I think most people in this country are tired and hosed off with politicians of all stripes rather than angry and furious right now. Outrageous claims about Corbyn are just going to piss them off and drive them away from Johnson.

Imagine the debate between Corbyn and Johnson. If the Stalin stuff got brought up live on air, and Corbyn laughed it off or called it ridiculous and insensitive, who do you think would come off better?

People do seem genuinely tired of negative campaigning and personality politics in general. I've said before the difference between the Trump and Clinton campaigns - and the Leave and Remain campaigns for that matter - is one side offered a clear, easy-to-understand vision of a better future, while the other only offered "Get a load of these arseholes". It doesn't matter that the vision was bollocks, it was *something* that people could grasp as a way out of their lovely situation.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Very confused about why 80s hifi display panels are the reason modern tube trains sound like they have gears, but I'll trust you.
Like you said, it's harder to speed up or slow down an AC induction motor, you either need a whole bunch of gears, or to increase or reduce the line frequency as you do same with the voltage, otherwise they tend to stall or catch fire. But once you can do that, it's very easy to do regen, if the motor's spinning faster than the line frequency, it acts as a generator, slower and it acts as a motor. Far nicer than anything to do with shunt wound DC motors. But Variable Frequency Drive requires big solid state stuff that only existed from the mid 90s on.

The first trains to do that on the underground were the '95 and '96 spec, which entered service on the Northern and Jubilee lines 1997-2000, but even they didn't use regen, only rheostatic brakes. Later build trains for Circle, District, Metropolitan, and Hammersmith lines went back to using brushed DC motors for reasons I do not know. (Probably :10bux:)

Depending on which line you're on, they probably sound like they have gears because they do. The AC ones have a gearbox as well as a VFD, the DC ones are I think just coupled to the axle.

Jose posted:

Claiming that you're the subject of a witch-hunt by LGBT groups is like saying you're being lynched in the press by Black activists in terms of :ironicat: language use.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sanford posted:

He's about to make a lot of very generous charitable Direct Debit donations.

Would be a shame if somebody signed him to support, say, Stonewall :thunkher:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

Ratjaculation posted:

Beret and Che t-shirt, duh.

E: Oh god that Cameron photoshop