Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Pokepass is incompatible with my phone. It's like they know how much I hate them lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Stonjourner seems to have some alternate forms

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ometeotl posted:

Where is foot-tall Stonjourner.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Ometeotl posted:

gently caress, you got my hopes up

also i thought Cursla had cursed body? or was that just the dex entry?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Ometeotl posted:

:hmmyes:

It'd be such a loss if this game chose to butcher the pokedex but not still include a high number of forms and appearances.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Framboise posted:

:hmmyes:

It'd be such a loss if this game chose to butcher the pokedex but not still include a high number of forms and appearances.

People will just have to move past it, and heal

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Zore posted:

People will just have to move past it, and heal

It’s harder for the player than the developer.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
So I had an insomnia episode last night that ended with several weird lucid dreams, and I can tell that my job search and Pokemon news is getting to me because one of them was about having to come up with a new Pokemon for a job application (in pharmacy?).

So my sleep deprived sick-brain came up with Psygrain, a grass/psychic woody cousin of Oddish or Bellsprout that avoided domestication by using psychic pressure and pollen to cause headaches in people that sought to harvest it. Because wood has grain, many ancestors of grains are grasses, and migraine headaches, you see. I need to keep busy until the 15th.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Ometeotl posted:

The truncation of the Pokédex is definitely not a joke, and I have no intention of making light of it. And it can be a tough and emotional thing for Pokémon teams to go through, speaking from the lack of Abra. And I know that it's often much harder on the Trainer than on the Pokémon. However, I also know that it doesn't necessarily turn you into a sad, depressed sack of tears for the rest of your life. People can move past Dexit, and heal.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm really starting to think what is happening is that they're having trouble getting Pokemon Home finished and around E3 last year decided to not include the national Pokedex because the transfer options just won't be there during the lifetime of Sword and Shield.

The DS having a Gameboy cartridge slot and the 3DS using a DS cartridge slot (and possibly a little encouragement from Iwata) kinda delayed the console leap issues.

E: Also Pokeball Plus will be $20 on Black Friday if you want to get a Mew inside the Sword/Shield ecosystem this year.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Nov 7, 2019

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Dehry posted:

I'm really starting to think what is happening is that they're having trouble getting Pokemon Home finished and around E3 last year decided to not include the national Pokedex because the transfer options just won't be there during the lifetime of Sword and Shield.

The DS having a Gameboy cartridge slot and the 3DS using a DS cartridge slot (and possibly a little encouragement from Iwata) kinda delayed the console leap issues.

E: Also Pokeball Plus will be $20 on Black Friday if you want to get a Mew inside the Sword/Shield ecosystem this year.

good lookin out king

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Ka0 posted:

Pokepass is incompatible with my phone. It's like they know how much I hate them lol.

It's probably worth the effort to figure out how to sideload it, I'm guessing we've got a couple years worth of trips to EB/Gamestop/BestBuy for codes. Thanks to GPS spoofing I live in Pittsburgh now, and never have to interact with real people.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

PeePot posted:

Shiny Lunala / Solgaleo codes:

A8993RK3286G7QRQ

A8993RL4ENTGS84P

Had to spoof my GPS then install the APK for Pokemon Pass. It's nice being able to do that without rooting. Maybe it'll be available in Canada one day.

For the starters, I'm not feeling any of the final evolutions, I was all in for Grookey, but now leaning Sobble. How many people just don't evolve them? Will they be completely useless by the end of the game? This goes for Yampers too.

Took the bottom one. Thanks for this!

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Dehry posted:

They claimed it'll be released "early next year", that's not exactly outside SwSh's lifetime. Pokebank wasn't released until a couple months into XY, IIRC.

Also, can you even use the pokeball plus if you don't have Let's Go?
e:
praise arceus for dataminers

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 7, 2019

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Anime poster updated for for the Galar Dex :lol:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Anime poster updated for for the Galar Dex :lol:

I know people are getting weird about Dexit and people in here are getting weird about people getting weird about Dexit but things like this are really funny

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 7, 2019

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

The first ep of the new season is named "Ivysaur is a little strange, don't you think?" which is a bit on the nose considering

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Blaziken386 posted:

"I am not claiming to confirm Alolan forms in the game. People have said they will be available and they are listed here as a precaution to that"

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Blaziken386 posted:

quote:

I am not claiming to confirm Alolan forms in the game. People have said they will be available and they are listed here as a precation to that***

E: Fb

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Big Bad Beetleborg posted:

The first ep of the new season is named "Ivysaur is a little strange, don't you think?" which is a bit on the nose considering

"Yes, strange indeed, it would be a shame if anything were to 'happen' to dear sweet Ivysaur"

This episode will be the first in a series of Pokemon murder mysterious that Ash and the new guy have to solve. Every Pokemon missing from the Galar dex will get an episode dedicated to them showing how they died. This is 1000% true, my uncle works at Nintendo, trust me.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

"Yes, strange indeed, it would be a shame if anything were to 'happen' to dear sweet Ivysaur"

This episode will be the first in a series of Pokemon murder mysterious that Ash and the new guy have to solve. Every Pokemon missing from the Galar dex will get an episode dedicated to them showing how they died. This is 1000% true, my uncle works at Nintendo, trust me.
The Detective Pikachu anime is ramping up to be Good.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Seriously though, the title’s probably a pun since Ivysaur’s Japanese name Fushigisou literally means “it seems strange”.

Also the new season seems to involve Ash going on a world tour of sorts so Dexit’s probably not going to matter much as far as the anime’s concerned.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Nov 7, 2019

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

The costumed pokemon in Go were the first steps to normalising replacing them all with charmander

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
I just assume Ivysaur gets seized at customs going through Heathrow

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Ivysaur supported a hard border at Northern Glimwood Tangle Forest, he deserves what he gets.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

on the bored wop posted:

"I am not claiming to confirm Alolan forms in the game. People have said they will be available and they are listed here as a precaution to that"
gently caress.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The new anime is what Space Cadet said, except it's not a detective show, it's Ash and Team in a legal drama protecting immigrant mons in a post-Galater world. There are many references to to the charizard-supremacist leader of Unova and the milquetoast flare-adjacent suit of Kalos.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Larryb posted:

Seriously though, the title’s probably a pun since Ivysaur’s Japanese name Fushigisou literally means “it seems strange”.

Also the new season seems to involve Ash going on a world tour of sorts so Dexit’s probably not going to matter much as far as the anime’s concerned.

I love the Japanese name puns. Sirfetch'ds as a double pun especially. I mean who doesn't want a joke name that can be read as "Giga Leek Knight"

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Have we gotten any confirmations about version exclusives besides this image?

Because I remember hearing that Centiskorch was supposed to be Sword exclusive and that will probably push me over the edge

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Scrap Dragon posted:

Because I remember hearing that Centiskorch was supposed to be Sword exclusive

That was always completely made up.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Went inside a GameStop for the first time in years today to get the shiny solgaleo/lunala code and of course the guy at the counter is talking with the employee about how much Dexit sucks and the explanation for not having the national dex was an insult and how he’s gonna wait for the ultra release in 2020. Really glad they switched to the pokepass app because lol that would have taken 10 minutes to get a card from the employee.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Larryb posted:

Yeah, I haven't looked it up but I wouldn't be surprised if the title was "Fushigisou wa Fushigidane"

Or in English

"Ivysaur is Bulbasaur"

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

less laughter posted:

That was always completely made up.

the be fair those two lines seem ready-made to be version-exclusives, so i can understand the confusion

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
so are there any good pokemon youtube people? All the ones I used to check out seem to be dead, and a brief look had a ton of dexit whining and 'NEW TRAILER WORST EVER????' dumb stuff, does anyone just do good LPs and/or battle nerd poo poo or just general poke-poo poo?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Yeah, I haven't looked it up but I wouldn't be surprised if the title was "Fushigisou wa Fushigidane"

Or in English

"Ivysaur is Bulbasaur"

The title literally translates to “ Fushigisou, Isn’t it Mysterious”. So yeah, that’s pretty much right.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

sexpig by night posted:

so are there any good pokemon youtube people? All the ones I used to check out seem to be dead, and a brief look had a ton of dexit whining and 'NEW TRAILER WORST EVER????' dumb stuff, does anyone just do good LPs and/or battle nerd poo poo or just general poke-poo poo?

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-episodes/

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

sexpig by night posted:

I like CandyEvie. She doesn't post super frequently but her material is chill and she shows how passionate she is for the series without being obnoxious.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I don't watch Poketubers anymore but I used to really like Cybertron Productions. He just does competitive battling so if you're not into that it won't be too interesting but as someone who enjoys watching battles because I don't have the patience to memorize everything needed to participate they're perfect for me. He seems like a good, chill dude.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

pokeaim is a good source for competitive pokemon videos. He uploads pretty frequently and he's good at talking through his plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I don't watch Poketubers anymore but I used to really like Cybertron Productions. He just does competitive battling so if you're not into that it won't be too interesting but as someone who enjoys watching battles because I don't have the patience to memorize everything needed to participate they're perfect for me. He seems like a good, chill dude.

yea that's about where I'm at, I completely have lost the patience to be in the competitive world any more and have fully retired to just making a team of cute babies so it's nice to watch battles from people who are chill.