Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

CzarChasm posted:

There's a scene like this in White Men Can't Jump. Woody Harrelson's character owes money to a pair of Mafia types and at least once in the movie they show him a photo of "What happens if you don't pay." He gets the money to pay them off, but it's too late so the next scene is him laying down, with a face full of blood. There's a camera flash, then he gets up and gives the guy the money and they all part ways.
That was it, cheers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
Ok. This one may be tough because I have very limited information.

The movie takes place over an audition. The actress and the director.

Any idea?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Brigadier Sockface posted:

Any idea?

Audition by Takashi Miike too obvious?

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Any idea?

There is a website with dozens of episodes devoted to that concept.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

Any idea?

Is the whole movie about the audition or is that just one part of it? If there's more to it then both Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire have actresses auditioning for a role as a part of the plot.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Any idea?
Never seen it, but Venus in Fur?

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

SimonCat posted:

There is a website with dozens of episodes devoted to that concept.

It took me about fifteen extra seconds but I got this and it is funny.

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007

Coaaab posted:

Never seen it, but Venus in Fur?

It was this! Thanks!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Trevor Hale posted:

It took me about fifteen extra seconds but I got this and it is funny.

I used to work for those sites, and it took me WAY too long to get this. :negative:

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

This was driving me loving insane so I made it my mission to find it. It’s The Unnamable II from 1993. John Rhys-Davies and David Warner are in it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJIbfDtx2MY
Holy crap, you brought back some memories. My favorite part is when the professor and the hero are looking at artifacts in the tomb (in New England) and the professor says something like, "This text is Ancient Sumerian...but it describes quantum physics! How is that possible?" The girl was indeed pretty hot, and the power of the Internet has just informed me that she was in Penthouse magazine. How about that?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I used to work for those sites, and it took me WAY too long to get this. :negative:
I love this thread.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
80s/90s movie, might be one of the Kickboxers, action hero comes in kicking rear end, I think he's at a fetish/sex club and one of the guys hanging out (not even a henchmen, but like a rich sub pig) is a masochist and grabs the main guy's legs and begs him to "hit me! hit me!"

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's no 80's kickboxing movie, but Irreversable?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Teenage Fansub posted:

It's no 80's kickboxing movie, but Irreversable?

did you just write the ultimate pull-quote for that movie?

SirStiansen
Mar 6, 2013
This was about 25-30 years ago. It was a trailer of a movie with a plot that somehow got stuck and never let go. From what i can remember it was an american movie.

The story was that it was about a guy, i believe it could have been a college movie, in which the narrator talked about a guy, between 20-30 perhaps who had it all, good grades, good family, friends and a nice girlfriend, and then it asked the question of why he killed himself as he clearly had it all mapped out.

I dont know if it was suppose to be suicide or murder, no clue. But i have wondered since what this movie was about and ofcourse which movie it was.

SirStiansen fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Nov 7, 2019

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Is there a movie about a sinister, automated, robot van? I had a dream I was watching this. Maybe my brain is just thinking of Super Van, or something. Evil van had to be taken down by some cool guys in their own, non robot custom van.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Battletruck? Not a robot truck but

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
The hero in Battletruck uses a bike not a van though.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I think the only movie I can remember where the villain is a car of any kind would be Maximum Overdrive.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

PurpleXVI posted:

I think the only movie I can remember where the villain is a car of any kind would be Maximum Overdrive.

Christine.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

SirStiansen posted:

This was about 25-30 years ago. It was a trailer of a movie with a plot that somehow got stuck and never let go. From what i can remember it was an american movie.

The story was that it was about a guy, i believe it could have been a college movie, in which the narrator talked about a guy, between 20-30 perhaps who had it all, good grades, good family, friends and a nice girlfriend, and then it asked the question of why he killed himself as he clearly had it all mapped out.

I dont know if it was suppose to be suicide or murder, no clue. But i have wondered since what this movie was about and ofcourse which movie it was.

That early Keanu movie?

e: Permanent Record.

SirStiansen
Mar 6, 2013

Torquemada posted:

That early Keanu movie?

e: Permanent Record.

Thanks, that was it! Dont know if i want to look at it, or just keep it as a youth lore.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

There was a horror film I remember watching where some artist couple or something lived in one of those weird-rear end studio apartment with a big-rear end cargo elevator in the middle of it which it how they usually got to their flat. There was some sort of "darkness" that had these creatures in them that would crawl on the ceiling to try and kill them. I remember the creatures looking kinda cool but I can't remember gently caress all else about the film. I remember the location of the apartment more than anything else and want to say it mostly took place in there.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

sigher posted:

There was a horror film I remember watching where some artist couple or something lived in one of those weird-rear end studio apartment with a big-rear end cargo elevator in the middle of it which it how they usually got to their flat. There was some sort of "darkness" that had these creatures in them that would crawl on the ceiling to try and kill them. I remember the creatures looking kinda cool but I can't remember gently caress all else about the film. I remember the location of the apartment more than anything else and want to say it mostly took place in there.

Darkness Falls, probably.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

sigher posted:

Wes Craven Presents: They?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
My first thought was Ghost honestly.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Just throwing Hardware out there.
It's a killer robot instead of demons, but it spends all of the movie in an apartment.

I'd still like to know if the 80's kickboxing movie was Irreversable :D

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Origami Dali posted:

Darkness Falls, probably.

Skyscraper posted:

Wes Craven Presents: They?

I'll check them both out.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

PurpleXVI posted:

Duel could be considered as one, as you never see the driver.
And who can forget Killdozer*.

*Me until I googled it.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

happyhippy posted:

Duel could be considered as one, as you never see the driver.

*Me until I googled it.

Or the USA made for TV movie Trucks

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0120380/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_6

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Or the USA made for TV movie "Wheels of Terror", which is basically "Duel" with a pedophile car.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Knight Rider had an evil car or two. It's been decades since I watched Tango & Cash, but I think that had a custom van of some sort.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

happyhippy posted:

Killdozer is the one where a guy sits in a jeep that won't start, repeatedly turning the ignition until the bulldozer drives over him, yeah? I remember how dumb that scene was semi-regularly :v:

Edit: yeah it is lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r3y-SRsNPI&t=3699s

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Nov 10, 2019

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
1977's The Car is about an evil car and it's pretty good. Stars James Brolin and Ronny Cox, has at least one amazing kill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6-yVoJTCo8

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
The Wraith, featuring Charlie Sheen and hot tub boobies, could almost be considered a killer car movie.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Pilchenstein posted:

Killdozer is the one where a guy sits in a jeep that won't start, repeatedly turning the ignition until the bulldozer drives over him, yeah? I remember how dumb that scene was semi-regularly :v:

Edit: yeah it is lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r3y-SRsNPI&t=3699s

hahahah hell yeah. he didn't even scream or anything, just accepts it.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
A foreign language film, possibly French. A man and woman meet eachother for casual sex and have done for years. Both are married to other people and the arrangement is purely physical until the guy starts to become obsessed with the woman. I think it's from the late 90s early 00s because I read the review in Maxim or FHM or something like that.

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

A foreign language film, possibly French. A man and woman meet eachother for casual sex and have done for years. Both are married to other people and the arrangement is purely physical until the guy starts to become obsessed with the woman. I think it's from the late 90s early 00s because I read the review in Maxim or FHM or something like that.

Intimacy?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

That's it! I... erm, recognise the poster.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Oh hey its that Sir Mark Rylance, greatest stage actor of his generation, guy.

I've had a half-formed question about him, from when Wolf Hall and I think BFG came out. Suddenly Spielberg and the media in general were like 'oh poo poo its Sir Mark Rylance greatest stage actor of his generation'. I'm happy to accept that he is, and it is his time to be recognised outside of the theatre world, which I'll only know breakthrough-things about, but I wonder at the mechanics of what made it his time. Was it his management hitting the media on all fronts? The powers that be? Did movies not previously want him or he was just too busy enjoying theatre work?

(I wondered the same about Jared Harris who I noticed when he started doing notable genre parts before learning he has been in absolutely everything forever)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Chubby Henparty posted:

(I wondered the same about Jared Harris who I noticed when he started doing notable genre parts before learning he has been in absolutely everything forever)

On that front, I remember telling my brother about The Terror and brought up how great Jared Harris was.

"Oh him? He was in Resident Evil Apocalypse!"

That was the moment I learned that he was in absolutely everything forever.