Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

She's alive and in it and I'm already cringing in anticipation for the reactions of reactionary nerds about her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Pham Nuwen posted:

Didn't Rose die? I thought she flew pointlessly into the big ground laser.

I had pretty well checked out of the movie by that point though...

No she maneuvered just right so just her ship got damaged. Then she was able to give her big speech and kiss Finn and then somehow get dragged all the way across the battlefield back to the base.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=w1r36BUY-ZM&start1=10&video2=2TCdmy-7-Xw&start2=0&authorName=why+we+slap

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
"I just want to shove my fist through this whole, lousy town"

- Roseanne "Rose" Tico

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Chomp8645 posted:

"I just want to shove my fist up this whole, lousy Finn"
<awkward kiss>

- Roseanne "Rose" Tico

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Chomp8645 posted:

"I just want to shove my fist through this whole, lousy town"

- Roseanne "Rose" Tico

That’s how I feel about my job.

“Wanna punch my job in the loving face.”
-Kuato

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Even if she isn't that much of a character, she is really attractive so I hope they keep her in some capacity. I'm not saying every movie needs eye candy but it doesn't hurt.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
But Jabba the Hutt's daughter isn't even in the movie!

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

I wish there was a rose standalone movie

The finn movie would be boring as gently caress

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Tiberius Christ posted:

The finn movie would be boring as gently caress

Yeah, we all saw The Force Awakens, too.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They've got too many characters and they literally only have four. Now that's writing.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Finn is such a wasted character. Dudes got so much charisma and yet they did nothing with him outside of that one scene with BB-8

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I have a bad feeling about this... movie.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

An Ounce of Gold posted:

This post made me laugh a lot.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

An Ounce of Gold posted:

:lol:

It was there all along and nobody grabbed it, until now. The perfect joke.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

An Ounce of Gold posted:

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

TK-42-1 posted:

Finn is such a wasted character. Dudes got so much charisma and yet they did nothing with him outside of that one scene with BB-8

I really wanted him to be a Jedi tbh, also

An Ounce of Gold posted:

lol

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I mean, he got to hold a lightsaber for just long enough in TFA that Disney could justify pumping out "Lightsaber Finn!" toys.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Shbobdb posted:

Even if she isn't that much of a character, she is really attractive so I hope they keep her in some capacity. I'm not saying every movie needs eye candy but it doesn't hurt.

FuryRoadThatsBait.gif

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TK-42-1 posted:

they should make a prequel Finn movie where we see his life as a storm trooper massacring civilians and high fiving his buddies. captain plasma would be an on/off again love interest

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

TK-42-1 posted:

The things they could have done with a storm trooper (and coward) turned good guy who sacrificed himself for others would have been a cool arc.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

The things they could have done with a storm trooper (and coward) turned good guy who sacrificed himself for others would have been a cool arc.

That’s not how you win wars write plots

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Yaldabaoth posted:

It's almost like Disney Star Wars is designed by a committee that includes coked-up marketers and the chinese government and they just take all input and mash it together without regards for how the final product looks, and then Rhian Johnson made things worse by using whatever leeway he had to just poo poo all over everything.

Woah hold up, it’s not cool to be a misogynist anymore bro.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Rutibex posted:

they should make a prequel Finn movie where we see his life as a storm trooper massacring civilians and high fiving his buddies. captain plasma would be an on/off again love interest

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Disney can suck my dick if they think I'm waiting until March 31st to watch The Mandalorian in the UK when the US gets it next week.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Shbobdb posted:

But enough about Rey

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Nowadays, everybody wanna talk
Like Star Wars got somethin' to say
But the new characters are all has-been
Just a bunch of Rose and Finn
And motherfuckers act like they forgot about Rey

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Rutibex posted:

"Did you do the HELMETS" an off-screen Phasma shouts.
"YES! ...and dried them. ..not that you care"
"What was that?" says a faceless Phasma, drying her hair.
"...Nothing. It was nothing."
*Phasma puts the helmet on and it locks around her collar with the tell-tale air lock whoosh noise and her voice, now digitally modified comes through*
"Don't forget to pick up the Wargs!"
"...yeah yeah"

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
If you strip a movie of all plot, characters, and world building, it greatly lowers the risk of the movie accidentally triggering the chinese audience into flipping out and murdering their government.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Courtesy of the new, upgraded AI text bot. The bold part is the prompt.

quote:

I wish I could put my fist through this whole lousy, beautiful town. This place is just a complete and utter dump. I will never want to be a part of this town again. We have been here for almost ten years and have not once been treated like human beings. We are treated like garbage. Our town has not done right by us. I do not understand what our community has been through. I am embarrassed by what I see. I see things that would make you go crazy. I see the garbage everywhere. I have seen children who are not living in a house. We are living in the most wretched place. I have seen the streets with abandoned cars.

I think the problem is not just the people. I think that the people are responsible for their own actions. I think that people are not living right. I think that people don't have money. I think that people are just there, in a hurry, and are not living their lives in a right way.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Dammit who set the AI to 'Boomer' again?!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Luke had a kid. Not Rey.

lol

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope in the end of Star Wars Rey is about to get stabbed in the back by Kylo but suddenly he falls over dead and you hear a bang. Camera pans over and there is Reginald Veljohnson as Sgt Al Powell, having overcome the trauma of shooting a kid (the broom kid)

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I hope in the end of Star Wars Rey is about to get stabbed in the back by Kylo but suddenly he falls over dead and you hear a bang. Camera pans over and there is Reginald Veljohnson as Sgt Al Powell, having overcome the trauma of shooting a kid (the broom kid)

Or it's the PREquel to Die Hard

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yippee-ki-yay, nerf herder.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
are there any irl animals that squirt delicious green milk straight out they tiddies

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
wanna drink that milk

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

I've wanted a taste of the blue milk since a new hope

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
I just watched the Valerian movie and, lovely as it is, it’s a much better Star Wars movie than TFA, TLJ, Rogue One or Solo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

skasion posted:

I just watched the Valerian movie and, lovely as it is, it’s a much better Star Wars movie than TFA, TLJ, Rogue One or Solo

I thought it was okay but It's no Jupiter Ascending.