Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Freddy's apartment definitely has a bathroom like BeatmasterJ's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Freddy is definitely destined to be a weirdo who isn't quite rich enough to be eccentric.

But... he went to Marbury...

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Frasier’s back problems plague him in his twilight years so Freddy hires a live in male masseuse to help his father. One of Niles and Daphne’s kids ends up falling for him but they don’t act on their feelings because they’re already in a Maris-esque relationship.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Darthemed posted:

Freddy grew up to get fired from an Apple store.

I was thinking more of an ad agency.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

mojo1701a posted:

I was thinking more of an ad agency.

I got that reference.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

ruddiger posted:

Frasier’s back problems plague him in his twilight years so Freddy hires a live in male masseuse to help his father. One of Niles and Daphne’s kids ends up falling for him but they don’t act on their feelings because they’re already in a Maris-esque relationship.

The masseuse could have a lot of wacky stories because they are from a big family in a small town in rural Australia.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The masseuse could have a lot of wacky stories because they are from a big family in a small town in rural Australia.

You would not believe how much this checks out.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Old Frasier is retired from radio, but now does a podcast that is basically the exact same show.

Meanwhile Niles posts actually informative psychology videos to his YouTube channel but they do pitiful numbers compared to Frasier's podcast.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I always found it interesting that Niles is an actual respected psychiatrist that frequently publishes, presents at conferences, receives awards, etc but he still feels inferior to Frasier because of AM-radio “celebrity”

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
He was also attached to two crusty-rear end rich chicks so he should have had a bunch of access (but probably the New Money Working Money stink).

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Freddy is definitely destined to be a weirdo who isn't quite rich enough to be eccentric.

hello

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Funny thing is Niles is actually the go-to fill-in for Frasier when he's absent, to the point where the episode where Frasier is sick and gets hosed up on prescription pills have him have paranoid fantasies of being replaced. Niles is too neurotic to do the same job long-term though, I think.

FilthyImp posted:

He was also attached to two crusty-rear end rich chicks so he should have had a bunch of access (but probably the New Money Working Money stink).

Niles is pretty much the trophy husband that Frasier almost ended up being.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

If Marty is out of the show I want it to be not because his character died, but because he eventually developed feelings for that lovely man from the opera and they're now living happily together in Florida.

RIP John Mahoney :(

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Funny thing is Niles is actually the go-to fill-in for Frasier when he's absent, to the point where the episode where Frasier is sick and gets hosed up on prescription pills have him have paranoid fantasies of being replaced. Niles is too neurotic to do the same job long-term though, I think.
If I'm remembering correctly, Niles was much better at the job than Frasier. From a therapy point of view, he was actually helping the couple he was talking to. From a radio point of view, listening to him counsel that couple would have been far more interesting than Frasier's normal "Oh, you don't like your husband? Maybe leave him, I dunno."

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Niles was almost always shown to be more competent at nearly everything than Frasier.

- wine tasting
- psychology
- IQ tests
- bagging rich women

Dude just had Frasier's number and his inferiority complex is probably what drove him to be so accomplished.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

food court bailiff posted:

If Marty is out of the show I want it to be not because his character died, but because he eventually developed feelings for that lovely man from the opera and they're now living happily together in Florida.

RIP John Mahoney :(

Reincarnated as the dog, complete with a small chair

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Sunswipe posted:

If I'm remembering correctly, Niles was much better at the job than Frasier. From a therapy point of view, he was actually helping the couple he was talking to. From a radio point of view, listening to him counsel that couple would have been far more interesting than Frasier's normal "Oh, you don't like your husband? Maybe leave him, I dunno."

Frasier would recommend counseling before divorce, unless it was an obviously toxic marriage. He does as much when that ultra conservative lady joins the station and starts giving advice to Frasier’s callers.

Also, in the Frasier reboot he has a cat named Marty.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Daphne is convinced she's getting messages from Martin on the other side in the reboot. Misfortune always befalls Frasier every time he tries to get rid of The Chair.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The Niles-Mel-Daphne divorce arc is horrifying

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

But it gave us Ferguson.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Solice Kirsk posted:

But it gave us Ferguson.

Who will absolutely be taking Daphne's place in the reboot

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

https://twitter.com/thepunningman/status/961610172237074434?s=20

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Holy poo poo this video interview with the Grams is way more in depth than what I posted recently and the dude says way more specific things about a reboot.

https://youtu.be/aSXBXw41C8g

"Revelations" from the aging, drug-addled comedy star that should definitely be taken with a big grain of salt:

1. New Frasier series will start filming as early as next Spring
2. It will not take place in Seattle
3. Frasier is still trying to get laid

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

the best comment from that youtube video posted:

This is great! This is great!

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I have this bad feeling there will be no other returning characters than Frasier himself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q9_j2LQTMY

Imagine an alternate timeline where Kelsey is Han Solo and...well, who would be Frasier? Would there be a Frasier?

codo27 fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Nov 8, 2019

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

codo27 posted:

Would there be a Frasier?
He would have been written into Cheers anyway, just the actor would have been different. The overall portrayal (stuffy intellectual) would have been largely the same.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

FilthyImp posted:

He would have been written into Cheers anyway, just the actor would have been different. The overall portrayal (stuffy intellectual) would have been largely the same.

But he would have been a guest star as originally intended instead of being added to the main cast and later given his own show off the strength of Kelsey's performances

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Harrison Ford clumsily fumbling around in a bathroom trying to hide the stripper he handcuffed to himself by mistake.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Suddenly Chewbacca throws up his hands and lets out with one
of his ear-piercing howls. He grabs Han's laser rifle.

HAN
Look out! He's loose!

LUKE
He's going to pull us all apart.

HAN
Go get him!

The startled guards are momentarily dumbfounded. Luke and
Han have already pulled out their laser pistols and are
blasting away at the terrifying Wookiee. Their barrage of
laserfire misses Chewbacca, but hits the camera eyes, laser
gate controls, and the Imperial guards. The officer is the
last of the guards to fall under the laserfire just as he is
about to push the alarm system. Han rushes to the comlink
system, which is screeching questions about what is going
on. He quickly checks the computer readout.

HAN
We've got to find out which cell
this princess of yours is in. Here
it is... cell twenty-one-eight-seven.
You go get her. I'll hold them here.

Luke races down one of the cell corridors. Han speaks into
the buzzing comlink.

HAN
(sounding official)
I'm listening.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Harrison Ford cameos as a Star Trek captain?

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.
Han Solo being stabbed by his son: I AM WOUNDED

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Solice Kirsk posted:

But it gave us Ferguson.

Ferguson was great but a part of that episode bloody infuriates me. When he and Daphne are having a chat in the kitchen and they both pronounce 'status' as 'stattus', I can promise that no british person has ever said that and wouldn't say it in a million years, why the gently caress the actors went through with it I don't know, surely they must have brought it up with the director? It's not as if the american audience would be confused by the word being pronounced like that, I'm sure millions of them say it like a normal loving person. :argh:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

supernatural blonde posted:

Ferguson was great but a part of that episode bloody infuriates me. When he and Daphne are having a chat in the kitchen and they both pronounce 'status' as 'stattus', I can promise that no british person has ever said that and wouldn't say it in a million years, why the gently caress the actors went through with it I don't know, surely they must have brought it up with the director? It's not as if the american audience would be confused by the word being pronounced like that, I'm sure millions of them say it like a normal loving person. :argh:

When British and American writing and acting get smooshed together, you get weird things like this, or people saying people or things are "meant to" be in one place or another instead of the American "supposed to," etc. I think I heard an American actor say the word "spinner" in GTA V once

Fake edit: "car port"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Inspector Hound posted:

When British and American writing and acting get smooshed together, you get weird things like this, or people saying people or things are "meant to" be in one place or another instead of the American "supposed to," etc. I think I heard an American actor say the word "spinner" in GTA V once

It doesn't help that people do this in real life too, since you've got generations of people around the world raised on American pop culture.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Three days ago I was imprisoned by a Hutt now dead!

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Inspector Hound posted:

I'm sorry to be terribly british here but absolutely nothing in this post makes sense to me? Brits always say "supposed to" and never "meant to" and "spinner"? idk. "car ports" are not common and usually consist of a sheet of corrugated plastic on top of a wood frame built by an old person who doesn't have a garage. I have no idea what you're trying to convey here. :shrug:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

supernatural blonde posted:

I'm sorry to be terribly british here but absolutely nothing in this post makes sense to me? Brits always say "supposed to" and never "meant to" and "spinner"? idk. "car ports" are not common and usually consist of a sheet of corrugated plastic on top of a wood frame built by an old person who doesn't have a garage. I have no idea what you're trying to convey here. :shrug:

I've only heard meant to from British writing, although I've also heard supposed to. "Car port" has no actual meaning in any language

E I should have known I'd need to be a more convincing anglophile in the Frasier thread

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Inspector Hound posted:

"Car port" has no actual meaning in any language

I can't tell if this is a joke or not. Carports definitely exist and have for nearly 100 years. Would you prefer carriage porch?

Le cigare volant
porte-cochère

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Nov 10, 2019

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

Bloodplay it again posted:

I can't tell if this is a joke or not. Carports definitely exist and have for nearly 100 years. Would you prefer carriage porch?

I think the original poster meant “car park” which Americans don’t say but is all over the GTA games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

HiriseSoftware posted:

I think the original poster meant “car park” which Americans don’t say but is all over the GTA games.

This is almost certainly it, I've been playing GTA again the last few days and I'm noticing it, albeit not communicating it clearly