Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Your bank probably won't appreciate all the declined payments and that's probably fraud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

mediadave posted:

Where are all the polls?

Here

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1192810888581074944

:scotland:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

How can it be history repeating itself if it's history that didn't happen

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

kustomkarkommando posted:

A 7 way debate with no-DUP seems extra funny this year as they are bound to be mentioned at least in passing

Looking forward to explanations on how Boris Brexit deal is bad for northern Ireland from six different flavours of British politicians

You know as well as I do, if there is no NI people in the room we suddenly do not exist.
At best they will refer to the Republic.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
I don't give a poo poo how mad my bank gets but yeah I guess if they can prosecute me for it best not!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/simonk_133/status/1192811851366711297?s=20

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Well when I say "won't appreciate" I mean "will probably tell you to gently caress off if you keep doing it" and at the very least "will find it very suspicious"

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

mediadave posted:

Where are all the polls?

I think uk election maps was asking the same thing.

Maybe they don't want to do poll after poll lot the Tories losing ground.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

TTerrible posted:

The part that ruined me was the entire subsection of mashups devoted to the "Put it in H!" car dude.

Can't believe you would do Crazy Vaclav dirty like that

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

It's disappointing, I don't know if i can vote SNP this time around even if does count as a "wasted vote" (voted Labour Last time and they actually gained my seat from the SNP) because Joanna Cherry is a terf, a transphobic piece of poo poo and just a general liar when it comes to trans issues.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/GoodwinMJ/status/1192799362537152513

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Your bank probably won't appreciate all the declined payments and that's probably fraud.

It's not probably fraud, it's definitely fraud.

Also if your first payment is later declined then you can't use that card again until you pay for the tickets, tfl blocks your card.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

How can it be history repeating itself if it's history that didn't happen

But it did happen. The Tories did run those adverts with Salmond and Miliband.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Miftan posted:

I read all your posts in a cockney accent, guvnah! If you feel like it drop by the discord, we'd love to have you (and this goes for the rest of the thread and doubly so for non-cis white het dudes!!!)

what about this accent, lemme know if you need someone on who can do that. perhaps i could contribute

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

ThomasPaine posted:

Hello thread, dumb question but since moving to the big city I've realised that on the tube tfl only take 10p when you use contactless on the tube then bills you the rest a few days later. Now I'm wondering what would happen if I were to use a secondary debit card with like 50p on it. The latter payment would be declined, but what are they going to do about it? (Assuming you're using an account that doesn't permit unauthorised overdrafts)

That 10p is actually a placeholder for the authorisation request they make which is for the maximum payable fare from that station. This doesn't actually happen in realtime, but can be anything up to 30 minutes later (they batch up the authorisations). When the authorisation failed the card would get flagged and the next barrier you attempted to go through would decline, so you'd have to speak to TfL staff to get it unflagged - this also happens if you chargeback an old fare. At reconciliation at the end of the day they charge you the actual amount of the journey and release the authorisation hold.

You probably wouldn't get a penalty fare the first time, as long as you were able to pay the normal fare and convince the staff it was an honest mistake, but you'd definitely have your details taken and repeat offences would get you penalty fares and then eventually prosecution.

e: This is the model implementation but TfL often vary from it massively depending on load on the system, it's possible your card many not get flagged for several days.

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Nov 8, 2019

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Yeah, it’s fraud. Akin to tampering with an electricity metre, under the Fraud Act 2006 s.11 it’s obtaining a service dishonestly, and companies tend to pursue this quite attentively, for the supposed deterrent effect. Edit you’d be looking at fines, and the possibility of up to 12 months imprisonment.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol at nick cohen and jonathan freedland libelling a labour PPC

HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014

Eschenique posted:

Because the Iranian regime is atrocious and appearing on their official state TV while accepting their money is tantamount to support?

Why do you think so? Seems like a big double standard, everyone else shows up on the British regime's state TV and nobody criticizes them for it.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Pesmerga posted:

tampering with an electricity metre

Also a good idea

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

ThomasPaine posted:

Also a good idea

Not if you get caught.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

ThomasPaine posted:

Also a good idea

Thanks to one of those Channel 5 fly on the wall shows I now know that bypassed gas supplies are also a thing, and am loving amazed that people are willing to risk bypassing the meter (which also includes the pressure regulator) at all, let alone pay money to a random bloke to gently caress around with their gas piping.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean either you explode or you stay warm, both seem pretty cool tbh.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
When I want free gas I just take an axe to the inbound pipe and collect it in jars and balloons and then tape it back up afterwards

HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014

OwlFancier posted:

I mean either you explode or you stay warm, both seem pretty cool tbh.

It's not an "either". exploding is just getting warm very fast.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

My mostly deaf, mostly blind, thoroughly anosmic great grandda once forgot to turn his gas fire all the way off and almost blew him and my mam up when she took him back from shopping.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The McCarthyist media got the wrong guy in their bloodthirst? Who could have ever predicted that would happen

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
real question: why do people act as if there are a ton of immigrants even though Britain is almost 90% white?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Chuka Umana posted:

real question: why do people act as if there are a ton of immigrants even though Britain is almost 90% white?

people are racist

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

TheRat posted:

The McCarthyist media got the wrong guy in their bloodthirst? Who could have ever predicted that would happen

considering the number of blue tick epople who've replied/quote tweeted him its surprising its still up

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Never detected a whiff of antisemitism from Corbyn? Well I'm detecting a whiff of porkies from John Bercow :smug:

What do you mean he's Jewish?

Oh god! I didn't mean it like that! :gonk:

Er, er, er...

But Corbyn! But Corbyn!

:derp:

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Lol the tweet is gone

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Chuka Umana posted:

Because britain is 90% white, which means there are a lot of places where you never see anyone who isn't white, and when you do a certain section of the population loses its loving mind.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I hope the dude has the balls to force him into a public apology

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Looks like Freedland's deleted his two tweets.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol he's just retweeting loads of anti labour poo poo

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Chuka Umana posted:

Same reason people act as if a ton of benefit fraud happens when it's really a fraction of a percent of benefit spending. To give the proles someone to be mad at instead of the right people to be mad at.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

This isn't a journalist who has failed to do his due dilligence, this tweet was imposed by his brain's ruling priority, a need to complain about labour.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
The post on the guardian's live blog has been removed.

But :siren: No retraction posted :siren:

Hope he gets hosed up for this obvious islamaphobic attack on the Labour Party.

E: I should make it clear I have no idea and no real interest in what religion Mr. Mahmood is. As a gentile and kaffir I will claim it as islamaphobic anyway.

E E: Oh god kaffir is racist in South Africa and not just the Arabic word for a non believer. When this post is dredged up in ten years my political career is over!

RockyB fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Nov 8, 2019

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Because britain is 90% white, which means there are a lot of places where you never see anyone who isn't white, and when you do a certain section of the population loses its loving mind.

Scotland is leading the way in Whiteness at 96% white. (NI is 98% white but they don't count)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Like seriously look through the demographics of these European nations and realize just how loving insane the far right is and how the media have shamelessly fueled their anti-immigrant rhetoric.

France is literally 92% secular/Judeo-Christian, hardly the Battle of Tours