Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I wonder if reactionaries will ever apologize for bringing attention to this dangerous narcissist
https://twitter.com/saltfatacidyeet/status/1192600704189263873

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

is that the same person from the vancouver waxing fiasco from like last month?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
yes

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Whoever posted about homeless camps a while ago, it's an issue all over the West. The shelters are hella violent here in Edmonton so anyone who's homeless and in their right mind camps. And rent is like $1100 for a passable 1 bedroom while Alberta Works pays only $323 for shelter (up to 623 with an 'additional shelter allowance' but you have to be in a place first so good luck with the damage deposit). So yes, the river valley is full of homeless people and their detritus.

Fried Watermelon posted:

How many weed edibles did you guys hand out this year? We only had 8 kids show up so we had a ton left over
I had 635 kids so the weed edibles would blow a hole in my budget. Enjoy the Coffee Crisp, kids!

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thats a major yikes

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

...yes

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Someone once described her as a real-life embodiment of the trans boogeymen chuds imagine when campaigning for bathroom laws. The act is way too on-the-nose.

Except even if it is entirely an act, she's still a pedophile :yikes:

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
The trans boogyman does exist. So does the middle eastern refugee boogyman, so do a lot of other boogymen. Thing is it's because people in general have a much greater than 0% chance of being a piece of poo poo and doesn't increase just because someone's a member of a group that faces discrimination.

But when the chuds get ahold of the narrative gently caress do they ever try to make hay like it is.

Jessica Yaniv shouldn't be barred from being around kids because she's trans, she should be barred from being around kids because she's a loving toxic weirdo that is inappropriate around children. If she were cis gendered she'd still be a loving toxic weirdo that is inappropriate around children.

EvilJoven has issued a correction as of 13:44 on Nov 8, 2019

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
i love when my premier re-writes history and virtue signals about flood protection to push pipelines

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/bus...b+Article+Links

quote:

Next year, Canadas fifth province celebrates its 150th birthday. Manitoba is Canadas keystone province the geographical bridge to an East-West, Northern miracle that is our Confederation.

We have always been a bridge between the two halves of our great country. The West was populated through Manitoba. We connected East and West by building roads and railways.

At this moment when discord and division loom large in our federation, and some voices even speak of leaving Canada, its worth remembering that Manitobans actually staged a rebellion to join Canada. We wanted in. And thats where were staying. Manitobans believe Canada is stronger than the sum of its individual parts.

Manitobans are known for their friendliness. So, heres some friendly advice from Canadas friendly province to the Prime Minister.

We first need to acknowledge that the countrys divisions are real. Western Canada is hurting. The federal governments economic, energy and environmental policies have caused todays discord. The Prime Minister must move quickly and honestly to heal them.

Let us seize this moment and build a more united country. A united country with a stronger economic union, a stronger social union, and a stronger union of common rights and values. They are intertwined.

Heres an agenda a unity agenda to do just that.

Building a stronger economic union means establishing certainty for energy projects and corridors that turn our natural wealth into financial wealth that benefits all Canadians. Build the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion, now. Canadians own it; lets finish it.

Standing in the way of a stronger economic union is C-69 with its elaborate, duplicative and cumbersome energy and infrastructure project assessment process. It was meant to enhance trust in the regulatory process. Instead, it has brought delays, uncertainty and politics to its very centre.

Eight years ago, a significant flood occurred in the Lake Manitoba basin. Billions of dollars in costs later, with evacuations of Indigenous communities only now returning home, our new government announced and budgeted in 2016 for the construction of a flood-protection outlet channel to protect people and property. Yet, not one shovel of earth has been moved to build this much-needed outlet because of delays incurred by the environmental review.

It is ironic that this regulatory regime, championed by some as a way to prevent fossil fuel pipeline projects from being built because of climate change concerns, is now preventing an urgently needed climate-adaptation project in Manitoba from being built.

This year, Manitoba suffered a perfect storm of spring flood, summer drought and fall rains. A federal government committed to combatting climate change would not put barriers in the way of provinces actually acting on this growing phenomenon. It would revisit C-69 to de-politicize it with true regulatory independence and establish time-frame certainty to get critical infrastructure projects done.

At the heart of a stronger economic union is free internal trade and smart shopping by governments. This means eliminating internal trade barriers that hurt jobs and cost taxpayers money. And it means combining our procurement power to get better value on joint purchasing such as in health care. This is just common sense.

Federal and provincial trade barriers cost the average household about $1,500 annually. Both Manitoba and Alberta have eliminated each and every procurement exception. All are gone. Its time the rest of the country did the same and it can with immediate federal leadership. That means Ottawa must stop playing provincial favorites with its own current 34 exceptions.

Building a stronger social union means funding and fixing the top priority of Canadians: health care. The federal share has dropped from one-quarter to one-fifth of total health-care funding. Yet, demand for better and faster health services is rising as baby boomers age and Indigenous populations grow.

Its been 15 years since any prime minister brought premiers together to improve health care in Canada. This is an urgent place to start building that stronger social union.

We would not be Canada without the shared values, rights and freedoms that bind us as Canadians. A Canada where rights are upheld all of the time, not just some of the time, and freedoms are defended for all of us, not just some of us.

Building a stronger Canadian union means standing up for those rights and freedoms across the country. Quebecs Bill 21 threatens the rights and freedoms of some Canadians. It bars government employees from wearing religious symbols such as head scarves or crucifixes at work. That is an unacceptable, and unnecessary, diminishment of the rights of Quebeckers in Canada that sadly diminishes Quebec, too. Quebec is stronger than this.

The federal government must speak for all Canadians when it comes to individual rights and freedoms. It must speak for all regions when it comes to fairness and opportunity. And it must speak with all premiers when it comes to forging a stronger economic and social union for all Canadians.

Just some friendly advice from friendly Manitoba.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:drac:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 04:38 on Jun 20, 2021

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Is he saying that Louis Riel rebelled to join Canada!? :psyduck:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

haha gently caress that

dont sell the loving amphibex machines if youre so worried about flooding you goddamn loving idiot

also check out the Grande family (Mona Lisa restaurant) and their 2011 flood grift. complete scum.

i think someone from that family recently died when there dog jumped em or something, they smashed thru a glass table and died like immediately

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

Is he saying that Louis Riel rebelled to join Canada!? :psyduck:

yes

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
It's about as tone deaf and just plain stupid as doing a Truth and Reconciliation bicycle ride.... and not even stopping at a single reserve.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

DariusLikewise posted:

i love when my premier re-writes history and virtue signals about flood protection to push pipelines

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/bus...b+Article+Links

I cant believe I have to read this poo poo on aboriginal veterans day

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Juul-Whip posted:

I wonder if reactionaries will ever apologize for bringing attention to this dangerous narcissist
https://twitter.com/saltfatacidyeet/status/1192600704189263873

Wait isn't the premise of this that everybody has to be naked and she is the only adult allowed to be in attendance?

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I wonder if Pallister thinks that the Wolseley Expedition were the scrappy rebels during the Red River Resistance, because saying that it was because the Metis wanted to be under federal control is certainly a Take.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:doit:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 04:37 on Jun 20, 2021

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:doh:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 04:37 on Jun 20, 2021

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
d&d canpol thread rn:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

vyelkin posted:

d&d canpol thread rn:

???

i cannot.

this is an onion article, right?

e: okay, yeah it's is explicit sarcasm. thank god

infernal machines has issued a correction as of 04:19 on Nov 9, 2019

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
B-slur, lmao

ok boomers

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

vyelkin posted:

d&d canpol thread rn:

People are mostly blind to their own side's propaganda, it's too deeply ingrained and frequently reinforced.

Unless someone explicitly invokes the magic words "Wake up, sheeple!"... that breaks the spell every time.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/OilsandsAction/status/1192847962281373696

:thunk:

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Does canpol twitter have more bots than uspol twitter? Or is it just that the uspol bots are indistinguishable from real people?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

IDK, but CanPol is a tiny tiny pool, so maybe it's just more obvious because of the limited content.

Like, that's probably one of a dozen accounts being run by some O&G lobbyists/PR firm and they're just really lazy about spamming out the same link and copy on all the accounts at once.

The impressions are probably a drop in the bucket compared to the FinPo article itself

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Don't worry. If they sell the amphibex machines they'll still be out there except instead of being operated by an unionized government employee they'll be operated by one of Pallister's friends' employees for minimum wage while said friend gets paid 3x the pre-sale operating cost of the amphibexes.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I've been blasting the gently caress out of Stan Rogers for the last 3 days and he's so loving amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_kW9HsQM1Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbjEmEifZp4

:canada:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

so postmedia and provincial conservative politicians have spent the last two weeks telling us how the country is divided, the west is alienated and how federation is in danger and now suddenly andrew scheer is the only one that can fix it

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DariusLikewise posted:

so postmedia and provincial conservative politicians have spent the last two weeks telling us how the country is divided, the west is alienated and how federation is in danger and now suddenly andrew scheer is the only one that can fix it

Sounds like they found their messaging for a spring election.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/EdtheSock/status/1192867097531039747

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/politics/2019/11/8/1_4677006.html

we need to stop discriminating against catholics

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

lol it is only disappointing the first "ok boomer" reply wasn't for a little bit. that's some stupid poo poo not even worth responding to making it the perfect reply.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Quit hurting our big special blue boy's feelings and allow him to say he thinks gays and lesbians shouldn't get married.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/_eddierazo/status/1193335939700887552

Don Cherry never trends on twitter for the reason I hope for

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

apatheticman posted:

Quit hurting our big special blue boy's feelings and allow him to say he thinks gays and lesbians shouldn't get married.

v unwoke that u would hurt the feelings of all the closet homosexuals in the cpc

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Eox posted:

that's only ever gonna happen once

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Eox posted:

https://twitter.com/_eddierazo/status/1193335939700887552

I didn't buy a poppy because I like my coat and don't want to punch holes in it come at me you grey rear end BITCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

infernal machines posted:

that's only ever gonna happen once

remember when we dodged a bullet at the last minute and didnt name him the greatest canadian