Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

In other news Ben Bleiwiess says legacy is too drat expensive to support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
he's right. i'm surprised people bothered supporting a format that wizards trashed in the first place.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
I'm baffled as to why they dont include the playtest cards in the publicly available product. They have printed on them in huge letters "Not Legal in Constructed Play" so its just a fun thing for people to have.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

gonna laugh my rear end off when there retail for 7.99

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/stillcary/status/1192830427041587200?s=21

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I just don't understand why they wouldn't include them

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
They want it to sell better than an Un product?

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

LOL

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Andrast posted:

I just don't understand why they wouldn't include them

Variously:

To drive people to Magicfests

Fear they would be unpopular

Fear they could confuse newer players

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Are they actual stickers on cards, or are they just printed to look that way?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Cool as they are, I was surprised someone okayed them.

Real bad messaging, though.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

ItBreathes posted:

Fear they could confuse newer players

They already left in the original text and set symbols of the cards in the set. I want to see what the oldest card was and see if they picked one with funky rules text.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Today on 'joke or wotc business decision'

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Huxley posted:

Are they actual stickers on cards, or are they just printed to look that way?

Printed to look like stickers.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

this is a photoshop, right?

right?

E: this is like the part of Christmas Vacation where Clark finds out his bonus is a membership in a jelly of the month club, and if there were justice in the world, it would end pretty much the same way as that did

JerryLee fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Nov 8, 2019

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

it was super weird when WOTC previewed a cool product people would want to buy. so it makes sense that they would clarify that it’s not really available only after they’ve built up a ton of hype

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

JerryLee posted:

this is a photoshop, right?

right?

E: this is like the part of Christmas Vacation where Clark finds out his bonus is a membership in a jelly of the month club, and if there were justice in the world, it would end pretty much the same way as that did

It's Cary, so it's probably a photoshop.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

I don’t see this on Maro’s tumblr, so either he answered the ask and then deleted it or it’s a joke. He’s got another post saying the store edition replacement will be announced Monday, so I’m going with the latter

e:fb

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Did Shahar think the tribal -3/-3 was a bomb? I don't understand locking in to blue black so early at all. Rightly punished later ofc.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Brownhat posted:

It's Cary, so it's probably a photoshop.

I love Cary, they're such a lil stinker :allears:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

loving the shade Ben is putting on commander for driving up the price of legacy cards

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Did they release the MC meta yet? Are we 60+% Oko decks?

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lone Goat posted:

loving the shade Ben is putting on commander for driving up the price of legacy cards

This is sad but understandable. I'm eyeing my exit from Modern right now, because if it becomes the new Legacy that only gets to fire once a month or less I'll just go with Pioneer as my preferred format. Fetches are already down a bit off their peak, with the only reason I can think of being their eternal support is softening a bit.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lone Goat posted:

That's not what throwing shade means.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Total players with Oko either main or in the board (mostly Simic flash players) ... 69%.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
NICE.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Karsten did in fact make that joke immediately during the broadcast.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Nice.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Huxley posted:

Total players with Oko either main or in the board (mostly Simic flash players) ... 69%.

The decision trees that led to the leaders at WOTC to let this thing go as is MUST BE AMAZING.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Casual 63% Food. That's worse than Caw-Blade, or any other format boogeyman you care to name.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
It's loving astounding. Just admit you hosed up! We all know that you did already! It's not news!

They'd rather let their premiere event look like utterly stultifying garbage than just do a ban that we all already know is totally unavoidable

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah I mean we’ve been kind of braying about it for a while but this might be the worst Standard... ever

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
You will still find folks out there that think that standard doesn't need any bans.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

B&R is in 10 days, so let's play a game. One simple question: Would you short Oko?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

ItBreathes posted:

B&R is in 10 days, so let's play a game. One simple question: Would you short Oko?

There is absolutely no way oko is not banned in standard

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
If you offered me over/under 50% that they ban goose/wolf/nissa/some combination instead, I'd take under, but just barely

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

ItBreathes posted:

I understand not wanting to make another B&R for Oko like a week after the B&R for Field of the Dead because they don't want to monkey wrench this MC prep, but why on loving Earth are they waiting another week after this MC to announce a ban instead of the day after??

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Toshimo posted:

That's not what throwing shade means.

tell me what you think shade means

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Lone Goat posted:

tell me what you think shade means

A pumpable black creature?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar