Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Gotta... finish the fight, y'see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

5's ending is really stupid due to the choice you have to make which assuredly will mess up whatever story they want to tell in the next one or have some stupid out.

The red sand section of the game taking place in the non-cog part of the world is real good and frankly Id be fine if gears 6 had you playing as anti-cog forces and just dropped the whole locust thing.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Blind Rasputin posted:

Any reviews on the new elite controller yet? Really hoping it’s more reliable than the last.

This video isn't completely useless for info: https://youtu.be/4w-v7BJtfDI

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Can you no longer buy a subscription to ONLY Gamepass for $10 a month? I don't play online and have no need for the gold membership.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Uhh it should be listed front and center on the Game Pass page.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

American McGay posted:

Uhh it should be listed front and center on the Game Pass page.

Yeah, I've got nothing of the sort. Could it be because I used to be a member?

And going into the store for memberships only lists Ultimate Gamepass. There is a $10 option for Gold only on the Gold page, but nothing about joining on the Gamepass page. If anyone can find it, I'd appreciate a picture of where it is.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
This is what the bottom of this page looks like for me: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

So the release of Apple TV+ has led to something more significant for me, and that's the release of an Apple TV app for Amazon Fire Sticks and other devices, which also let you access your iTunes movies and TV shows. Will even do 4K HDR10 on the 4K Sticks, although they're apparently working on getting Dolby Vision and Atmos working for people with the money for that gear.

Now if Amazon and Disney will kiss and make up already so the Disney+ app comes out on the stick it'll be the ultimate device.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
what are you talking about.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lmfao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

heeheex2 posted:

what are you talking about.
He's talking about the release of Apple TV+ and the release of an Apple TV app for Amazon Fire Sticks and other devices.

r>c>p idiot

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

shadow puppet of a posted:

your iTunes movies and TV shows.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Movies and TV shows you've purchased via the iTunes Store.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lol at buying digital movies

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

American McGay posted:

He's talking about the release of Apple TV+ and the release of an Apple TV app for Amazon Fire Sticks and other devices.

r>c>p idiot

thats horseshit

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Would really love for Apple TV to be on Xbox One, but my digital movie collection is entirely on Amazon right now and so it would be a difficult sell to switch over.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

I said come in! posted:

Would really love for Apple TV to be on Xbox One, but my digital movie collection is entirely on Amazon right now and so it would be a difficult sell to switch over.

Link your accounts on movies anywhere and it will transfer your purchased movies onto each platform so you can watch them wherever

https://moviesanywhere.com/welcome

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ixnay posted:

Link your accounts on movies anywhere and it will transfer your purchased movies onto each platform so you can watch them wherever

How do I use this though if I want to watch something through Xbox?

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
They'll sync up and the eligible movie titles will show up in the Movies & TV app.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

(I hope this post doesn't post multiple times :ohdear:)

ixnay posted:

Officially this is US only. You can still sort-of do it with some services, but not with an iTunes account unless it's specifically a US one.

Apple is the only distributor that knows movies are only worth a few bucks, too.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

American McGay posted:

This is what the bottom of this page looks like for me: [url]https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass

Many thanks! That worked. No idea why I couldn't find that, other than I must be an idiot.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

ixnay posted:

*excepting Lionsgate and Paramount. So your Twilight and Mission Impossible movies are trapped wherever you bought them.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I have an OGBone, if I got myself an X, could I swap over the external drive I use onto the new machine instead on downloading everything again?

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Tsietisin posted:

I have an OGBone, if I got myself an X, could I swap over the external drive I use onto the new machine instead on downloading everything again?

Yes, you can.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Tsietisin posted:

Yes. You can even set it up so it transfers some system information (e.g. profiles) over as well. It re-asks you for your password(s) and then you've more or less got a 1:1 copy of your old console's setup, just reconfigure for 4K TV and you're good.

Note that some games will have sizable texture downloads, but if you want to get a head start on this you can configure your old XB1 to explicitly download this data.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Tsietisin posted:

You can also transfer everything over your wifi network which is slow but could be faster than downloading everything.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

univbee posted:

How can you say that when this is out today?!

him?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Can anyone recommend a good headset for just chat only? The official microsoft one has some lovely reviews on amazon.
I don't need to listen to any actual game audio through it, just chat.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I still use the one that came with the console because the fancy over-the-ears one I bought has no way to loving mute yourself.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

AFewBricksShy posted:

Can anyone recommend a good headset for just chat only? The official microsoft one has some lovely reviews on amazon.

iPhone earbuds if you have a newer controller.

Blankspot
Aug 23, 2007
Would you kindly...

I want to make the mistake of playing Anthem.
Does EA Access work similar to Xbox Gold/Game pass where I can use one subscription on two consoles? My main console and whichever my account is logged in on?
Anthem for $2.50 a person for a month doesn't seem the worst.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Beastie posted:

iPhone earbuds if you have a newer controller.

Nope. Apple used a different 3.5mm jack standard so the mic won’t work and there’s a terrible buzzing noise. I’ve heard there’s a way to turn off the buzz but that won’t solve the mic problem.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Is this the thread for discussing Windows games available on Game Pass such as Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition (releases Nov 14th, beta available now)? Any interest in that?

Edit: I thought that by installing it now I'd get to play the beta. No such luck. 6 days to go. Sigh. I'm one of the few people who really liked AoE1 DE.

PirateBob fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 8, 2019

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Nuts and Gum posted:

I still use the one that came with the console because the fancy over-the-ears one I bought has no way to loving mute yourself.

I love the Plantronics RIG 800LX I got refurbed on eBay for $50. Great sound, easy to use audio/chat controls and to mute yourself you just swing the mic up which is a super easy reflex move to do.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

PirateBob posted:

Is this the thread for discussing Windows games available on Game Pass such as Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition (releases Nov 14th, beta available now)? Any interest in that?

Edit: I thought that by installing it now I'd get to play the beta. No such luck. 6 days to go. Sigh. I'm one of the few people who really liked AoE1 DE.

There is an RTS thread floating around but yeah, I'm really looking forward to AoE2 and also enjoyed AoE1 remaster. Hopefully I can finish Outer Worlds before all my time gets sunk into it!

BonoMan posted:

I love the Plantronics RIG 800LX I got refurbed on eBay for $50. Great sound, easy to use audio/chat controls and to mute yourself you just swing the mic up which is a super easy reflex move to do.

I use Lucidsound LS41. It's weird to set up (it has a big dongle sticking out of the front of the Xbox and you have to change alot in Settings) but the sound and mic are top notch, especially with the Dolby Atmos app installed. They're expensive though. :v:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

AFewBricksShy posted:

I got a Turtle Beach Stealth 600 on sale at Amazon, none of that weird echo the official Microsoft one seemed to have for me, and the game and chat have separate volume levels. Muted when you flip the mic up.

PirateBob posted:

Sure, if you acknowledge that all PCs are Xboxes, and that you play games on Xbox now.

😉

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Fanatic posted:

There is an RTS thread floating around but yeah, I'm really looking forward to AoE2 and also enjoyed AoE1 remaster. Hopefully I can finish Outer Worlds before all my time gets sunk into it!

Wow, I don't recall ever seeing anyone else who liked AoE1 DE. :hfive: :hist101:

Also - an RTS thread? One for all of them? Is there so little interest in each RTS game these days?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

PirateBob posted:

Wow, I don't recall ever seeing anyone else who liked AoE1 DE. :hfive: :hist101:

Also - an RTS thread? One for all of them? Is there so little interest in each RTS game these days?

I didn't play multiplayer much but I played through all the campaigns on Hardest. :cool:

Oh it's a "Strategy Game" thread so incorporates more than just RTS lol: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3869771 I bumped it.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Dont know why Dead Rising 5 got such poor reviews. I thought it was fun, and the combat is satisfying, plus it has some good online co-op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ChocNitty posted:

Dont know why Dead Rising 5 got such poor reviews. I thought it was fun, and the combat is satisfying, plus it has some good online co-op.

I played it with the Capcom Heroes stuff and it was okay

I looked up the regular gameplay later and it looked like I didn't miss much though