Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

MassRafTer posted:

The Making Towns Classic Charter Chariot. The fans who surrounded those events were really loving weird, I can say that without hyperbole. When your fanbase is some of the worst, grossest fans on twitter, yeah you get a bad rep.

I will retract calling the company pervos and instead just say they had one of the worst fanbases in indie wrestling.
You've just described every promotion that runs all-women's shows.

Sub Rosa posted:

Stuttsy is a good guy who has made some mistakes in the past. Those mistakes do not actually include running a prostitution ring as was falsely alleged by Jeff Rudd after he was fired from CWF. Stuttsy did actually deserve to get fired, but the real reason was buddying up with a money mark promoter without doing due diligence on where the money was coming from, when that money was probably coming from some form of identity theft, and letting him run CWF's building with enough of CWF's roster that CWF could be damaged by association if the law ever caught up with that guy. As for the "solicitation", I don't personally think offering to hook your friend who you know is already a sex worker and needs money up with a guy with a lot of cash who hires sex workers is really some reprehensible act. So yeah, Charlie, he's a piece of poo poo, and it you want to judge a booker of a fed that doesn't pay it's workers for getting taken in by a con man flashing lots of money, and trying to get himself and his friends actual paydays, listen, there are things to judge there, he isn't morally innocent, but I don't think that he's who he's made out to be.
This is probably the best post for me to reply to based on how it laid things out, in large part because this is more or less my understanding of what happened. While I was not one of the people sent the CWF statement, what others who got it told me was that, after the statement, the email also included something to the effect of "OFF THE RECORD: Brad was totally doing sex trafficking, BTW." All of this is compounded by the fact that the Torch article had the opposite effect of what was intended. But it doesn't seem like there's any evidence of the main thing that caused the public unraveling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Fair play to Eddie Kingston.

Fans can ascribe an inordinate amount of forethought to matches and stuff.

But a lot of wrestlers want to be taken seriously but when they do by fans they act like complete dicks regardless of whether their work was interpreted accurately or inaccurately.

https://twitter.com/MadKing1981/status/1192674790126972929

Also, it is just nice to be nice.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

been a bit of Eddie Kingston love on here lately and he deserves it. everything he does comes off as so authentic and genuine (even when he is being the scary mad king). cool to see him continuing to be the coolest.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

We have a new local promotion that is running their second show in Eugene.

https://youtu.be/7P7voX3h7Jo

Grizzly Jak is HUGE in real life, Hammerstone too.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Beer_Suitcase posted:

We have a new local promotion that is running their second show in Eugene.

https://youtu.be/7P7voX3h7Jo

Grizzly Jak is HUGE in real life, Hammerstone too.

this commercial is exxxxxxxxxxxxxtremely my aesthetic

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Huntman posted:

been a bit of Eddie Kingston love on here lately and he deserves it. everything he does comes off as so authentic and genuine (even when he is being the scary mad king). cool to see him continuing to be the coolest.

He's also willing to look like a total goof when needed, as we saw in the Urban Wrestling Federation. Kingston rules and I hope he gets his moment in the sun before he retires.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CombineThresher posted:

He's also willing to look like a total goof when needed, as we saw in the Urban Wrestling Federation. Kingston rules and I hope he gets his moment in the sun before he retires.

I think winning the Chikara title might be it for him. It's a shame.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think winning the NWA title might be it for him. It's a shame.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Huntman posted:

He’s wrestling Effy at the GCW show tonight and I’m going to be there and I have a feeling it’s gonna rule.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Holy poo poo yeah I can see their personalities clashing in a really entertaining way.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Deathmatch Effy is some dangerous poo poo. I don't think Eddie is ready for that.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the catholic high school principal booking warrior wrestling has lost his drat mind

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

you'd have to put a gun to my head to watch another Tom Lawlor match.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Those are all bizarre dream matches I didn't know I needed. Thanks insane principal.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Those are all bizarre dream matches I didn't know I needed. Thanks insane principal.

:agreed:

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

The_Rob posted:

He’s wrestling Effy at the GCW show tonight and I’m going to be there and I have a feeling it’s gonna rule.

ooooh i forgot this show is happening tonight. tyty for this reminder.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
wait did Red join CHAOS at some point

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rest of that Warrior Wrestling card:

Lance Archer vs Brian Pillman Jr
Holi Dead vs Savanna Stone
Blake Christian vs Carlos Romo
Robert Anthony (with Frank the Clown) vs Jake Atlas
Michael Elgin vs Sam Adonis

Tickets on sale tomorrow

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
hoo boy, that card is a lot of death by snoo snoo.jpg.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I just watched Mancer bring a kid in the ring to help him staple a Mancer face to Justice's head...

GCW :allears:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Pinwiz11 posted:

I just watched Mancer bring a kid in the ring to help him staple a Mancer face to Justice's head...

GCW :allears:

It's for the kids.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/JohnThorneAIW/status/1193032405558472705?s=19

I'd say never change, Matthew Justice, but maybe you should

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Draxion posted:

https://twitter.com/JohnThorneAIW/status/1193032405558472705?s=19

I'd say never change, Matthew Justice, but maybe you should

Yeah that dude was deffffffffinitely concussed when he went to get that ladder.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

On one hand I love how wild Justice gets, but on the other, he's going to be brain dead if he keeps eating those chair shots to the head.

and that man loves chair shots to the head

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Awhile ago John Thorne said he thinks Matt Justice became legitimately self destructive after he didn't get hired off of his NXT tryout (he had a developmental deal back in the Deep South days). I think he’s probably right.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Human Tornado just strolled into GCW and that is loving awesome.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Kingston’s speech to effy after the match was genuinely cool, and I love that GCW is actually the most progressive company.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The_Rob posted:

Kingston’s speech to effy after the match was genuinely cool, and I love that GCW is actually the most progressive company.

well except for Shlak

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

well except for Shlak
https://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/277956/nazi-heels-on-the-ropes

quote:

“I understand people see this old-rear end picture and it makes them feel a certain way about me, and I know in the opinion of some people I’ve done a lovely job of clarifying my feelings about this topic,” Shlak says. “I’m a stubborn hardcore wrestler from the inner-city, and sometimes I don’t handle adversity the way I should. I’m sorry that I haven’t been more clear. I hung around stupid people a long time ago without thinking about how it would affect me or other people down the road. For the record, I am not a Nazi, I do not support Nazi poo poo, I’ve never been one and I will never be one. White supremacy is bullshit, along with every other supremacy.”

:shrug:

Either way, never give a wrestler the benefit of doubt

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I don't know anything about Shlak except he kind of grosses me out so I'm happy when he's not on a show I'm watching.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Really happy to she Angelus back from her hiatus:

https://twitter.com/angeluslayne/status/1193005488402837504

Not sure what this means in 2019 or in general:

https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1193163635960549381

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

he just got KO'd last night jfc

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NYC indie wrestler Matt Travis passed away early today after a traffic accident

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

It seems like he was a victim of a hit and run by a dump truck making an illegal turn while Matt was on his bike. The 27th bike rider to die this year.

Cyclists getting killed by reckless rear end drivers here in New York is a problem. I really hope they find the rear end in a top hat who did it.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Matt was super talented—as charismatic and as good a flyer as both members of Private Party, but in a completely different way—and an incredibly nice guy, too. This loving sucks.

His cage match with Ken Broadway to blow off their feud at the 2018 House of Glory year end show was the best indie cage match I've ever seen and well worth going out of your way to watch, as it's a great showcase for everything he was able to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXsFc1n3VG8

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I got my BOLA Blu Rays today.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

the catholic high school principal booking warrior wrestling has lost his drat mind

looking forward to Soberano and Templario randomly missing the show or just having a singles match

imagine though if warrior wrestling is able to get aaa vs cmll match but pwg couldn't

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Nov 13, 2019

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Good news everybody:

https://twitter.com/sarahjoyshockey/status/1195760823978921985

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Yeah, gently caress scooping your own candy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Alicia Atout is heading to MLW:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5AuLHUHSdl/

https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1196445240003104768

Weird how her AEW thing fizzled out almost immediately.