Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Prop Wash posted:

New Kontravoid is pretty good! New to me, anyway, it came out like two weeks ago but I've been busy.

Oh yeah forgot about this one. I like it quite a bit, the whole album has a consistent quality to it. It's a really solid approach to EBM for the modern era. I like to describe it as "Joy Division by way of Front 242"

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Street Sects owns extremely hard. Never heard them before catching a short set (I went to see SRSQ) and they melted my face off. They're coming back too.

Yeah it's amazing how low they fly under the radar, considering the amazing concoction of noise they belt out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Saw Crystal Geometry and Blac Kolor live last night. Both were really good, and definitely ones to see if you like their kind of techno industrial thing.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I vaguely recall a goon being in Cyanotic. Is that a thing?

If yes I'll see you in like half an hour I guess

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I believe Twiin has worked with Cyanotic at times but I don't know if that's ongoing.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Pope Guilty posted:

I believe Twiin has worked with Cyanotic at times but I don't know if that's ongoing.

Ahh okay, that's probably what I was thinking of.

$15 for A Primitive Evolution, Cyanotic, and PIG is a loving steal, I'm shocked by how thin the crowd is. Granted, I think the show was only announced a couple weeks ago and it's Sunday, but still. There's less than 50 people here.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
The Spotify algorithm finally did something useful and recommended some Finnish EBM band I've never heard of. I've probably listened to this song a hundered times since friday. Just love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD_tmSb3Ar4

Hedenius fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Sep 30, 2019

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
Makeup and Vanity Set posted a kickass track for the sequel to beloved goon vidcon Brigador.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Hedenius posted:

The Spotify algorithm finally did something useful and recommended some Finnish EMB band I've never heard of. I've probably listened to this song a hundered times since friday. Just love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD_tmSb3Ar4

Oh my god, I am loving the video.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Everyone deserves a significant other who loves them as much as that guy loves yelling at a camera in front of a green screen. It owns so much.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

The angriest public access performance ever. Fuckin' love it.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
So Unendlich and Stoppenberg did some collaboration and it is GOOD AS HELL

https://open.spotify.com/album/44450aIl6qyXjL7v76CYn0?si=PUJXO9hZTEuuiflfUh9dqA

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

CherryCola posted:

So Unendlich and Stoppenberg did some collaboration and it is GOOD AS HELL

https://open.spotify.com/album/44450aIl6qyXjL7v76CYn0?si=PUJXO9hZTEuuiflfUh9dqA

Never heard of any of those bands. I really like that.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Danger - Octopus! posted:

I was a bit curious about the lyrics since I love the song so much and it turns out I love it even more after I looked that up. They are friends of the revolution.

quote:

Stress
Day by day it's getting grayer
Even the best lose their hair
Life here starts to get tiresome
Endless anxiety leaves its traces
Bedridden because of a burnout
Cardiac pacing does not help
Even if man is cast from iron
In the end, stress will take his life

[4x]
Stress

Day by day the psyche breaks down
You must throw in the towel
In the end your mind gets blocked
Even Sandman doesn't care about sleeping
Bedridden because of a burnout
Cardiac pacing does not help
Even if man is cast from iron
In the end, stress will take his life

[4x]
Stress

[4x]
Stress

[2x]
Must do more
There are fewer workers
Always faster and faster
The pace accelerates harder

[8x]
Stress

And I looked up the lyrics for another one of their songs and I loving guarantee you that at least one of these guys is an IT guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSOU7qECbfA

quote:

The Consultant
Agile, Kanban
A play with labels
Scrum, Lean
We keep a bio break

We broaden our horizons
We create a square matrix
We crank out crap
Continuously

The consultant informs us
About the latest trends
The Emperor has
New clothes

The brain screams
gently caress this poo poo
But we have to hang in there
And take yet a little bit

Promotion to manager
Eyes are shimmering
The employee
Works his rear end off

The consultant informs us
About the latest trends
The Emperor has
New clothes

This crap can't be avoided
Pretend to be happy
Prevents us from ending up
On the poo poo list

The consultant is laughing
On the way to the bank
Fills up
The Bimmer's gas tank

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Hedenius posted:

I was a bit curious about the lyrics since I love the song so much and it turns out I love it even more after I looked that up. They are friends of the revolution.

And I looked up the lyrics for another one of their songs and I loving guarantee you that at least one of these guys is an IT guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSOU7qECbfA

95% of the EBM scene are IT guys.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
This is fun - Boy Harsher write a song live in 10 minutes on camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2AvowtjC8U

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Hedenius posted:

Never heard of any of those bands. I really like that.

Stoppenberg is the same guy as X-Fusion and Noisuf-X and I love it so much

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
So it looks like a new Velvet Acid Christ album got released a few months ago without me noticing. Listening to it now, I like it. Doesn't really do anything new, but that's not such a terrible thing.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
:drac:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFbIMrujV18

i was ... pleasantly surprised by this. i had tuned out the world's no.1 vampire pop band for awhile since things had started sounding samey and stompy, but half of the way through chris pohl shifts the sound like its 90s era delerium. someone get sarah mclachlan on the phone? anyways the song has a lot of heart and gothic wistfulness to it instead of just being about boning in a cemetery and so on

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 24, 2019

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH
Jesper Kyd should be mentioned itt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WRfWbEt-h8

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
New video from Hatari:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRB0hU7qMZ4

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

PIG just got added to the 3TEETH UK tour, you lucky fucks.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

That's one hell of a double bill. :stare:

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I was kind of underwhelmed by PIG at Cold Waves :/ It was fine.

Overshadowed by PWEI, Chemlab and Filter for me. I'm not even a fan of Chemlab or Filter.

I am loving hyped for Pigface soon.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
Laibach being Laibach :allears:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

an amazing rendition of Everyday is Halloween got posted today by Al

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QorKFQ50ZK0

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
So there's a legendary pink dots show in Denver tonight! I had no idea it was fancy dress and I'm here holding my dick in my hand amongst the picts and the flappers wearing my band t shirt and combat boots.

This is the oldest a goth can feel, to feel this way

E: he is wearing a dressing gown, silk scarf, and is barefoot on stage. This makes total sense to me.

boo_radley fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Nov 1, 2019

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

boo_radley posted:

So there's a legendary pink dots show in Denver tonight! I had no idea it was fancy dress and I'm here holding my dick in my hand amongst the picts and the flappers wearing my band t shirt and combat boots.

This is the oldest a goth can feel, to feel this way

E: he is wearing a dressing gown, silk scarf, and is barefoot on stage. This makes total sense to me.

I was quite excited that this recent tour scored me a copy of Crushed Velvet Apocalypse on vinyl AAAND I got to here "New Tomorrow" live. All in all, a really good dots experience.

He's had that outfit on for the past several tours I've seen.

DasNeonLicht
Dec 25, 2005

"...and the light is on and burning brightly for the masses."
Fallen Rib
I'm a day late with it, but this is a terrific playlist. Great mix of new and old.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I think I asked this in the recommendation thread before but I think here is a better place to ask

Does anyone have recommendations for industrial/metal/EBM that involves dub music? Or dubbed industrial albums? I'm basically looking for anything that's heavy (preferably industrial but really any genre) and dubbed.

Basically I REALLY REALLY LOVE Godflesh's "Love and Hate in Dub" and I want more of anything that even vaguely resembles that. I love classic dub like King Tubby but I really love when people dub heavy music or work dub sounds into heavy music.

Edit: (Ive explored all of Justin Broadrick's side/solo stuff already)

Kvlt! fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Nov 2, 2019

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

I think I asked this in the recommendation thread before but I think here is a better place to ask

Does anyone have recommendations for industrial/metal/EBM that involves dub music? Or dubbed industrial albums? I'm basically looking for anything that's heavy (preferably industrial but really any genre) and dubbed.

Basically I REALLY REALLY LOVE Godflesh's "Love and Hate in Dub" and I want more of anything that even vaguely resembles that. I love classic dub like King Tubby but I really love when people dub heavy music or work dub sounds into heavy music.

Maybe you’d like Fear Factory - Scumgrief (Deep dub trauma mix). Seems like if you like Godflesh and Dub it should be right up your alley.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

hatelull posted:

I was quite excited that this recent tour scored me a copy of Crushed Velvet Apocalypse on vinyl AAAND I got to here "New Tomorrow" live. All in all, a really good dots experience.

He's had that outfit on for the past several tours I've seen.

This show was so good! The mix of droning psychedelia and poppy tunes was great. The opener was a band named Drood whose singer subs exactly like Peter Murphy to me . A+, would see again.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Double posting on mobile, fun.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Kvlt! posted:

It's not really that heavy but you might try Controlled Bleeding's Dub Songs From a Shallow Grave

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Kvlt! posted:

Does PWEI's Dos Dedos Mis Amigos count? Thinking of Menofearthereaper specifically, but there's dub stuff interspersed through the album.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

cEVIN Key and Twilight Circus (ex-LPD guy) did couple of albums as dubcon. It is very much NOT aggressive, and likely just an excuse for Key to smoke obscene amounts of weed and gently caress around in the studio for a project that is not platEAU. It's … ok. Still, industrial adjacent (more like down the block, turn left, go through three lights and it's the second bodega on the left).

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Concur. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V374HOXZ12Q

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
holy gently caress this owns
this owns too

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i think what laibach is doing is something only avant-garde people from former communist countries can really pull off, which is to critique the system by over-identifying with it -- and not in an ironic way (like colbert or something). but a very sincere empathy with the ideals, and vis-a-vis laibach's songs about north korea, deep empathy with the people living there. but that also exposes the gap -- and contradiction -- by which the regime has failed to live up to those same ideals, and failed its people. this kinda breaks through the barriers in a way that other forms of "satire" cannot do, as underlying many of those kinds of satire is a real lack of understanding or fear / hatred of north korea and the people there, and the urge to destroy it and them, which is very sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyIbGicgfPs

a soviet band that did something similar is AVIA, which would have this remarkably absurd performances mimicking soviet tropes like human pyramids and the komsomol (youth league), along with funny takes on party slogans which was instantly hilarious to the audience. they'd also have tours like "we'll meet you on the 1,000-year anniversary of the great october revolution" which was also funny, because the party would have slogans like that but for 100 years and so on, so AVIA was like way too enthusiastic about a bunch of slogans that people had stopped taking particularly seriously. it wasn't directly oppositional, but it wasn't directly and straightforwardly supportive of the system either (that was considered lame as gently caress for avant-garde artists). it was overly-supportive that took it to the level of the absurd and the insane. that's probably more like colbert though. anyways industrial fans will dig it, at least thematically, since a lot of industrial artists do similar stuff where they try to gently caress with people's expectations

that song is more ska-pop though but they had some industrial sounding stuff too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4glWWzlZS0c

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Nov 9, 2019

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

On Sunday I'm seeing Martin Atkins, Mary Byker, Lesley Rankine, Curse Mackey, En Esch, Dirk Flanigan, Bobdog Caitlin, Bradley Bills, Greta Brinkman, Charles Levi, and Orville Kline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

teethgrinder posted:

On Sunday I'm seeing Martin Atkins, Mary Byker, Lesley Rankine, Curse Mackey, En Esch, Dirk Flanigan, Bobdog Caitlin, Bradley Bills, Greta Brinkman, Charles Levi, and Orville Kline.

I think my ONE live experience with that project was Atkins, Rankine, Esch, Ogre, and maybe Tucker or Raven? There was DEFINITLEY no Connelly or Mary Byker. I was super excited because this was my first time to see Ogre live in the flesh, having missed the boat on the Puppy tours (bad timing, since that wouldn't happen again for what over a loving decade?) It was the FOOK tour, and an early one at that. It's all a blur now. Thanks :catdrugs: