Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what happens when someone on the Indue card can’t buy petrol to flee the fires?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

bowmore posted:

what happens when someone on the Indue card can’t buy petrol to flee the fires?

After a fortnight, centrelink starts hounding their relatives because the deceased hasn’t reported.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Saturday Paper posted:

Labor’s campaign was flawed but its policies were right. Its failure came in acknowledging that the country needs to change. More than anything, Australians want a prime minister who covers for their shortcomings – who says not to worry, and that most of you will be okay.
Bill Shorten said almost the opposite – there’s a lot to worry about, but together we can fix it. He said it with insecurity and sometimes frustration. Twice he said it through tears. He scared the country by being honest. Scott Morrison did not make the same mistake.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Progressives really need to get over this dumb idea that lying to win an election or pass a law is bad. Its only bad if it ends up hurting you more than it helped.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
reading a essay about the murray darling basin authority reminds me that we need to send Tony Burke a la lanterne

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/ScottMorrisonMP/status/1192993222173188096?s=19

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/abc730/status/1191991774434058240?s=21

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
This and the coming three fire seasons are going to be hosed with Morrison running the show.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Thoughts and prayers

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

t's & p's yall, im out! *coal drop*

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
two years ago the coalition was asked to invest in bushfire fighting technology and they ignored it

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
"ah gently caress what a bummer this must be so hard for you" I proclaim mid gleeful stab into my murder victim

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The most powerful technology man has is God.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
not an entirely untrue statement

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

bowmore posted:

two years ago the coalition was asked to invest in bushfire fighting technology and they ignored it

berejiklian cut the budgets of both Fire and Rescue NSW and the Rural Fire Service by 35.4 per cent and 75.2 per cent respectively – the equivalent to axing the jobs of at least 100 firefighters and 50 new firefighting trucks earlier this year

https://twintowntimes.com.au/_/2019/06/cuts-to-fireys-in-liberal-state-budget-a-disgrace-labor/

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

berejiklian cut the budgets of both Fire and Rescue NSW and the Rural Fire Service by 35.4 per cent and 75.2 per cent respectively – the equivalent to axing the jobs of at least 100 firefighters and 50 new firefighting trucks earlier this year

https://twintowntimes.com.au/_/2019/06/cuts-to-fireys-in-liberal-state-budget-a-disgrace-labor/
what can you say about that, makes no sense

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Seventy five fuckin' percent.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
just gobsmacked

bowmore fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Nov 9, 2019

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
jesus christ

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

it sounds so insane it cant be right like its gotta be some tricky accounting thing or something but its hard to find reporting on it

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

it sounds so insane it cant be right like its gotta be some tricky accounting thing or something but its hard to find reporting on it

Yeah on the surface it seems like something where metro fire brigades have swallowed some nominally rural areas but it's NSW so most likely they're building a stadium.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Go shove your thoughts and prayers up your loving rear end Morrison

There is not a loud enough GET FUUUUUUUUUUUUUKED that describes my reaction to this

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Can we have a piece of good news one time this year (decade?) or is this life now?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

I know Facebook sucks, but I'm thinking of getting off of it purely to stop seeing bad news article after hosed up issue after horror story constantly on my feed

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

how good is coal

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

starkebn posted:

Can we have a piece of good news one time this year (decade?) or is this life now?

Death Stranding is really good.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

starkebn posted:

NSW Labor now supports pill testing?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Doctor Spaceman posted:

NSW Labor now supports pill testing?

:toot:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

JBP posted:

I don't pay release price for games because I'm a filthy leaner, maybe I'll play it in a few years

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

starkebn posted:

I don't pay release price for games because I'm a filthy leaner, maybe I'll play it in a few years

It's a very communal experience but fair enough.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Also, the Jacaranda "issue" is actually a current BCC policy that Labor is trying to make a little noise about, that greens at least support the council not planting any new ones. I'll take my lumps about my reaction on that one.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
"Thoughts and prayers" when you're someone in a position of power to actually prevent this sort of thing is pretty fuckin' cowardly.

Tokamak posted:

how good is coal

Charcoal in this case.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

JBP posted:

it looks like "the postman" the game but ghosts keep appearing out of the ground to do something. I'll pass but I hope everyone has a good time playing it that buys it

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

i can find a bunch of references to the 35% cut of $13 million like here but only the one reference to a 75% cut for the rfs

starkebn posted:

The Government's plan to drug-test welfare recipients appears to be dead in the water, after Tasmanian Senator Jacqui Lambie confirmed she will not support the bill.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

The trick is that it’s capital expenditure rather than operating expenses, which are more likely to be one-off. So the Libs could argue that they spent a tonne in 2019 meaning the return to normal capital spending in 2020 produces the outlier because they gave the rfs everything they need... which is currently being proven false.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

it looks like "the postman" the game but ghosts keep appearing out of the ground to do something. I'll pass but I hope everyone has a good time playing it that buys it

I don't want to turn this thread into Games but I'll just endorse the game once more and shut up. It's about current politics, the gig economy, online... It's a real balm given the cowardice of popular media I'm enjoying it very much.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

The Government's plan to drug-test welfare recipients appears to be dead in the water, after Tasmanian Senator Jacqui Lambie confirmed she will not support the bill.

Glad to see they haven't worn down her humanity completely yet. She might be dogshit on some issues but at least she votes on principals that aren't just "gently caress the poors" every time.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

With this one post I feel like this will be Australias version of US mass shootings, to where everyone can see what the problem is, but refuse to do anything about it, just unlike in the US where its a massive gun lobby group, its massive coal mining bribes.

Just instead of people wanting guns to be at least restricted more than they are, it will be about that climate change is real and this hosed up land will feel the brunt sooner than others

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...

wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

gently caress three people are already dead.