Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Miracle on 34th St was rated R?

Yeah, in the original cut his santa outfit was actually just body paint and he was nude the entire time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That would better explain why the poor bastard was put on trial.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

That would better explain why the poor bastard was put on trial.

And why tons of mail bags were sent in saying he was an "a-ok guy".

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Exactly

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Wait a second

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I get some real "Good things come in bears" vibes from the horse standing directly behind Jack Black with that look on his face

i'd like to imagine that the poster designer had a little fun for themselves with that one

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Can someone please photoshop out The Rock's head so that the horse's replaces it?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

IIRC from the trailer the horse is one of the human players, isn't it?

Also for a moment I was really hoping the horse was actually mockingly named Mike Pence instead of it being a photoshop.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Nov 8, 2019

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Teenage Fansub posted:

Can someone please photoshop out The Rock's head so that the horse's replaces it?

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 8, 2019

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Bojack movie looking good

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Bojack movie looking good

lol

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

bojack falls into a video game and tries to roleplay as a good person

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Finally the Rock gets to be the mane character.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

The Chernobyl TV series gave me an idea of how clueless people are about the history of significant man-made environmental disasters, so I'm hopeful this brings some additional exposure to Minamata but goddamn I wish it was anybody besides Johnny Depp

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Sirotan posted:

The Chernobyl TV series gave me an idea of how clueless people are about the history of significant man-made environmental disasters, so I'm hopeful this brings some additional exposure to Minamata but goddamn I wish it was anybody besides Johnny Depp

Looking into the Minamata movie I found out that Depp also starred in City of Lies, a movie about the LAPD's involvement in the murders of Biggie and Tupac that was set to be released last year but instead has been completely buried and may never be released.

Depp has switched from making movies you don't want to watch to making movies you will not be allowed to watch

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Depp is a sleezeball but wasn't the wife beating stuff different than what we thought?

I thought I saw that there was video of his wife throwing wine bottles at him and striking him before he put hands on her.

Maybe I'm mistaken. He seems like a shithead but hopefully not as bad as we were lead to believe.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

what did harvey weinstein and bill cosby consult on that loving cover quote?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Inzombiac posted:

Depp is a sleezeball but wasn't the wife beating stuff different than what we thought?

I thought I saw that there was video of his wife throwing wine bottles at him and striking him before he put hands on her.

Maybe I'm mistaken. He seems like a shithead but hopefully not as bad as we were lead to believe.

You know the great thing about living in the information age is that if you're unsure about something you can always just look it up yourself instead of spreading a falsehood on the grounds that if you're wrong someone else will do that work and correct you.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

DC Murderverse posted:

I'm not sure how you're misinterpreting that quote. Eugene Smith was a photo journalist who exposed the fact that a company was dumping mercury into the sea and causing horrific birth defects in the town of Minamata. That's what the movie is about.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

DC Murderverse posted:

Lol at this guy

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

its not unlikely that the two wealthy famous pretentious people were roughly equally abusive to each other

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Though I feel like you should at least look it up before going maybe she deserved it

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Though I feel like you should at least look it up before going maybe she deserved it

not saying she deserved it. just saying its foolish to hope either of them are good people or simple victims so you can enjoy their films without guilt.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Inzombiac posted:

Daybreak is hard to watch.
I have no issue with the premise (bombs dropped killing most everyone, surviving kids unaffected but adults turn into zombies that repeat "the last dumb thing they said before they died") it's just the main actor is sooooooooooo smarmy that I actively want him to get killed every moment he is on screen.

Keep going The show acknowledges how much of a douche he is

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
To be fair, Hollywood gossip isn’t really something you can get to the bottom of easily with a simple google search. I think when the abuse accusations first came out there was indeed a video going around, but my memory of it is fuzzy and I seem to recall that Depp was definitely an rear end in that confrontation. And that interview with Rolling Stone didn’t do him any favors either.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Miracle on 34th St was rated R?

Don Dimello presents Disney’s miracle on 34th street

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

not saying she deserved it. just saying its foolish to hope either of them are good people or simple victims so you can enjoy their films without guilt.

Amber Heard gets beaten up and gives the literal millions of dollars she gets in settlement to charity. Depp accuses Heard of hitting him without producing any evidence and spends millions on frivolous bullshit. It's truly impossible to say who's the good or bad guy.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

They both disrespect very legitimate quarantine law :colbert:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Alhazred posted:

Amber Heard gets beaten up and gives the literal millions of dollars she gets in settlement to charity. Depp accuses Heard of hitting him without producing any evidence and spends millions on frivolous bullshit. It's truly impossible to say who's the good or bad guy.

when someone publicly donates millions of dollars to charity, they are enriching themselves in a roundabout way.....u really shouldnt be so credulous about the public affairs of celebrities and movie stars. depp may be a piece of poo poo abuser but that doesnt mean amber heard must be a good person by contrast

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
also, this https://twitter.com/realamberheard/status/1190756601352855553

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

scary ghost dog posted:

when someone publicly donates millions of dollars to charity, they are enriching themselves in a roundabout way.....u really shouldnt be so credulous about the public affairs of celebrities and movie stars. depp may be a piece of poo poo abuser but that doesnt mean amber heard must be a good person by contrast

Both sidesing spouse abuse ftw...

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Sleeveless posted:

Both sidesing spouse abuse ftw...

https://people.com/movies/amber-heard-on-elon-musk-relationship/ shes just a different kind of bad person, op. a more benign, under the radar type compared to the bombastic violence of johnny depp, sure, but she still starred in Aquaman

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I do like how now we are no where near the abuse and now it’s just nitpicking to find reasons she’s bad. The weirdest loving hill to die on

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

https://people.com/movies/amber-heard-on-elon-musk-relationship/ shes just a different kind of bad person, op. a more benign, under the radar type compared to the bombastic violence of johnny depp, sure, but she still starred in Aquaman

She’s a bad person because... she keeps getting into bad relationships? You know people coming out of abusive relationships often repeat the cycle, especially after ones that involved a pattern of physical and mental abuse, right?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

I do like how now we are no where near the abuse and now it’s just nitpicking to find reasons she’s bad. The weirdest loving hill to die on

whatever. obviously depp is a worse individual by a large margin but both of them are fabulously wealthy and entrenched in celebrity culture and neither deserve to be defended in message board threads for movie posters

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

ruddiger posted:

She’s a bad person because... she keeps getting into bad relationships? You know people coming out of abusive relationships often repeat the cycle, especially after ones that involved a pattern of physical and mental abuse, right?

her relationship with elon musk was not an abusive one, they are still good friends.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

bobkatt013 posted:

Don Dimello presents Disney’s miracle on 34th street
Bring out the girls.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i guarantee you that amber heard is either directly complicit in or aware of but silent about the crimes of at least one (1) of each famous hollywood criminal variety: rapist, pedophile and racist. you can decide for yourself whether that means shes as bad as her abusive husband but i offer no quarter to the buddy of a south african emerald slaver. this will be my last post on the matter, feel free to call me a victim blamer or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Is this woke victim blaming not even tumblr at its peak would go down this stupid route