Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

DamnitGannet posted:

So does blood aversion brother just leave the house completely for the week or what? Is she supposed to throw her tampons out in a trash can in another building? Not sure how the logistics of this works.

Maybe he goes biblical and makes her stay outside the city until she's no longer 'unclean'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Barudak posted:

Maybe major city prices are better but out in more rural areas or suburbs even, an ambulance can run you 4-5 thousand by itself, 10 grand isnt unheard of.

If you want to mull on how messed up america is a not insubstantial number of people use Uber/Lyft as their hospital conveyance method

That’s not city prices, even when I was working for an ambulance service in the middle of nowhere (hour+ transport times) the only time it cracked a grand was if there were a lot of meds involved. Flight transports are the ones in the five figures, usually 35ish thousand.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Larry Parrish posted:

maybe I'm crazy but at a wedding you should stick to stuff everyone knows. i really like post punk but not everyone wants to listen to 4 minute tracks about being heartbroken as much as I do.

Start with upbeat New Order dance tracks and reaaaallly reallly gradually tip toe backwards through their catalogue until you're in Joy Division.
Like easing someone into a cold pool.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

[IN] 4 days ago I accidentally almost got into the wrong car, causing the elderly woman inside the car to try to flee and she fell. Today I was told I’d be sued if I didn’t pay ambulance & ER bills.

Redditor posted:

NAL EX-LEO

You have a lot of good advice so far. However I am more concerned about how they were able to find out where you live. Most likely they have a cop friend that looked up your plate for them. This is a huge no no and may cost that cop friend his job.

Call your local Police Dept. As them the number for their Internal Affairs Bureau. File the complaint there stating someone ran your plate to find your location and they showed up to try to harrass you into paying them money ($3500). Every plate look up gets logged. They can look up your plate and find out exactly when and where that plate was run.

An investigation will occur and they will question the officer. It will all do down here from there. Plate lookup for family is a form of corruption and the officer should be sanctioned for that.

Give IAB all the info you can gather. If it happens to be a family member (the last names match of the cop and the harassers) then its an open and shut case.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My little sister (18) is dating a weeb (16)

Your sister is a dumbass when it comes to dating like all teenagers, and so is her girlfriend. Given that the sister is gay, there's an excellent chance the weeb is the first and perhaps only queer girl at school the sister knows.

Yeah their relationship is going to end badly, but that's high school dating in general.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for telling my sister I don't want to be around her when she's on her period?

quote:

[–]0nem0ref0rther0ad

31 points 11 hours ago
how do you go out in public when there's a near 100% chance you're encountering at least one menstruating woman a day?

[–]LithuanianJesus

[S] -21 points 11 hours ago
I never touch or go too close to a woman unless I am sure they are not menstruating. However, this is usually not an issue since in every day life I am not touching strangers in public. But sharing a room with my sister is different

when i touch a menstruating person i feel as if my skin is being skewered by 1000 bloody needles. my liver explodes and my tongue turns to a rubbery balloon in my mouth. this is my curse.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Admiral Ray posted:

when i touch a menstruating person i feel as if my skin is being skewered by 1000 bloody needles. my liver explodes and my tongue turns to a rubbery balloon in my mouth. this is my curse.
Nobody tell him that humans are full of blood, and that the blood is inside of him all along.

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

Sounds like a great way to get constantly harassed by the cop friend and his buddies until she's forced to move away.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Admiral Ray posted:

Why the gently caress would he ever be touching his sister in the bedroom, raggin or not?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Chunderbucket posted:

He's the bad guy

Duh

gently caress that’s good

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

I'm only using 18% of my full power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

AITA for wanting a natural labor so I can experience the “panicked, rushing to the hospital” situation?

Having experienced both of these extremes, I think this lady has an odd idea of what the panicked, rushing to the hospital thing is actually like. My second baby was born within 10 minutes of arriving at the hospital, and we had been debating dropping our older child off at grandparents' but if we had, I definitely would have given birth in the car. Instead my husband and 2 year old sat in the waiting room listening to me scream gently caress this poo poo at the top of my lungs.

However, most women's labor is not that short, and after reading through her post a few times, I think what she really wants is not to be induced, but to let it happen naturally, and possibly she isn't thinking about how sometimes a baby can be born within 30 minutes or so of labor starting, and that people do actually give birth on the hospital lawn occasionally.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITAA For encouraging my alcoholic friend to be a deadbeat parent?

My friend, Eve has been a pretty awful friend as a whole for several years now. She’s an alcoholic which surprisingly isn’t the highlight of this story. She was a party girl who never wanted children. Then she moved to a new state and went on a bender, met a religious hard working man who had a ‘real’ job and he seemed willing to handle her. She got pregnant. I’d helped her pay for abortions before, but she was happy to have a baby with a small business owner because it made her feel secure and stable. She was ready to start a new life.

She came by my parents house to announce her pregnancy (about 5 months in, she came from out of state) and proceeded to drink a few glasses of wine. Got drunk, called an ex boyfriend to ‘say goodbye’ and got picked up by him. My family was really concerned but we don’t have a close enough relationship to stop an adult from doing what she wants. Her family is pretty indifferent to her drunk antics because I’ve called them before on her behalf and was told “leave her by the garage” so they’re involved but this is not their first rodeo.

Lately, she’s been having a custody dispute with the father. She’s been on/off binge drinking and Is currently violating her custody agreement by cohabitating with a fellow alcoholic she met in AA, a felon who has a warrant for a dui (the details here are cloudy and sound like lies but it’s what she’s told me) She’s gotten a 3rd dui since having her baby and I’m so frustrated and upset with her refusing to be responsible that I called her out on her story inconsistencies, told her she should just give in to the dad and give him parental rights. He would be much better off with the father. I told her she’s being selfish and should look out for herself instead of trying to prove her ex wrong (her words). I said if revenge is her priority then her child isn’t her priority, and she should just try to reconnect with her baby after she gets her life together. I told her if I were her, I’d accept defeat, move somewhere that makes her happy, and gently caress expectations to be a good mom if it’s killing her ability to deal with herself. She suddenly had to ‘go back to work’ and I’m feeling guilty for being honest.

I know she has good intentions and she loves her child, but she is absolutely clueless about everyday things and is, in my opinion, not fit to raise a child alone. I wouldn’t leave her with a pie in the oven if that gives you reference. She was upset she didn’t get updates about the baby’s checkups from her ex, but she is the one providing insurance. I told her that if she can’t be bothered to call/log in and get her kid’s info, she’s not invested enough because that’s in her control, she responded “his gf goes with him to appointments and i just don’t have the fight left in me”. I know she’s depressed and I have been helping her get through it for years, i just don’t feel ok excusing her mistakes with no judgment when there’s an innocent person involved.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITAA For encouraging my alcoholic friend to be a deadbeat parent?

My friend, Eve has been a pretty awful friend as a whole for several years now. She’s an alcoholic which surprisingly isn’t the highlight of this story. She was a party girl who never wanted children. Then she moved to a new state and went on a bender, met a religious hard working man who had a ‘real’ job and he seemed willing to handle her. She got pregnant. I’d helped her pay for abortions before, but she was happy to have a baby with a small business owner because it made her feel secure and stable. She was ready to start a new life.

She came by my parents house to announce her pregnancy (about 5 months in, she came from out of state) and proceeded to drink a few glasses of wine. Got drunk, called an ex boyfriend to ‘say goodbye’ and got picked up by him. My family was really concerned but we don’t have a close enough relationship to stop an adult from doing what she wants. Her family is pretty indifferent to her drunk antics because I’ve called them before on her behalf and was told “leave her by the garage” so they’re involved but this is not their first rodeo.

Lately, she’s been having a custody dispute with the father. She’s been on/off binge drinking and Is currently violating her custody agreement by cohabitating with a fellow alcoholic she met in AA, a felon who has a warrant for a dui (the details here are cloudy and sound like lies but it’s what she’s told me) She’s gotten a 3rd dui since having her baby and I’m so frustrated and upset with her refusing to be responsible that I called her out on her story inconsistencies, told her she should just give in to the dad and give him parental rights. He would be much better off with the father. I told her she’s being selfish and should look out for herself instead of trying to prove her ex wrong (her words). I said if revenge is her priority then her child isn’t her priority, and she should just try to reconnect with her baby after she gets her life together. I told her if I were her, I’d accept defeat, move somewhere that makes her happy, and gently caress expectations to be a good mom if it’s killing her ability to deal with herself. She suddenly had to ‘go back to work’ and I’m feeling guilty for being honest.

I know she has good intentions and she loves her child, but she is absolutely clueless about everyday things and is, in my opinion, not fit to raise a child alone. I wouldn’t leave her with a pie in the oven if that gives you reference. She was upset she didn’t get updates about the baby’s checkups from her ex, but she is the one providing insurance. I told her that if she can’t be bothered to call/log in and get her kid’s info, she’s not invested enough because that’s in her control, she responded “his gf goes with him to appointments and i just don’t have the fight left in me”. I know she’s depressed and I have been helping her get through it for years, i just don’t feel ok excusing her mistakes with no judgment when there’s an innocent person involved.

Why in the ever loving gently caress are you friends with this person?

That should be the real question.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

MarcusSA posted:

Why in the ever loving gently caress are you friends with this person?

That should be the real question.

Because she's a rock-bottom alcoholic single mom batting a thousand on bad decisions, he thinks he has a chance to get out of the friend zone. (He's wrong. I didn't see a gender specified so I'm rolling with this explanation.)

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
My mom (61) thinks I'm (31) legitimately and literally retarded.
I don't know where to start. I'm so pissed. I'm just going to make this short and sweet via bulletpoints to make this a quick read:

My mom has recently told me that she worries that I'll get lost when I go out. She thinks I have no spacial awareness and it's one of her deepest fears that I'll lose sight of where I am at any point in time and end up lost.

She doesn't think I'm capable of working at McDonald's. (I don't want to work there, she brought it up). She said it'd be too fast-paced for me and I wouldn't be able to keep up. She thinks with my brain I'd be more suited to a slow-paced cashier position.

Today she was telling me about a film she watched about a debate team. But she went in-depth as to what "debate" means. ie. "It's about these two classes that debate; so they read up on a particular topic and try to argue against the other -- even if they don't necessarily believe in what they're saying. So..." and I was like "Right." with a lifted eyebrow, wondering why she's going so in-depth, but also without cutting her off as to let her finish her thought. She then said "Oh... You know what that is?" And I was like.... uh yeah?

About a month ago she came into my room and went on about this strange rant about "Kids these days think they're so much smarter than their parents. Everyone thinks they're so smart because they know how to use computers, but really, it doesn't mean they're smart -- it's just repetition. Doing it over and over. That's it. It doesn't mean they're smart. Anybody can do it." ANd I was just like...... ok? lol?

This just loving sucks and I'm so upset. So many parents go on and on about how smart their kids are. Yet my mom seems to think I have an IQ of 4. This whole thing is new to me, I wasn't aware she thought this until maybe 2 months ago. Which surprises me, because I used to manage a loving Golf & Country club (the games, the finances, the inventory, accounting, employee scheduling, etc... everything.) so how the gently caress does she think I was able to do that? Idk I don't know what to do.

So now I have this constant feeling, like I have to prove my intelligence to her constantly. But nothing ever seems to be good enough.

BTW, I'm 31 and she's 60. I know. I'm a loving loser for being at home. I had to move back with my parents and brother (20) 2 years ago because I lost everything when my SO left me and I had to move back from across the country. I lost my managerial position, my car, my apartment, my SO of 8.5 years, and I'm super loving depressed and I don't go out or do anything and I'm unemployed. I know, I'm a loser sand I know I need a job. I feel horrible enough as it is. Also I'm sure on top of my depression/anxiety I'm also pretty loving lazy now. Anyway, I just wanted to be upfront about that if it means anything.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Your mom is negging you

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Power Khan posted:

spacial awareness.

She might be right.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I tried really hard not to laugh at that post but I really couldn't help my self. The mom might have a point.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

31 year old writing like and having the thoughts and emotions of a 14 year old, yeah mom might have some grounds. Then again depression and your life falling apart can really gently caress you up.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Yeah, mom's going to assume she's a helpless little baby who can't do anything for herself, right up until the moment mom wants something from her, where she will suddenly be expected to be fully able and responsible.

It's just Boomer bullying and self-pity to feel good about herself.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Power Khan posted:

My mom (61) thinks I'm (31) legitimately and literally retarded.
I don't know where to start. I'm so pissed. I'm just going to make this short and sweet via bulletpoints to make this a quick read:

My mom has recently told me that she worries that I'll get lost when I go out. She thinks I have no spacial awareness and it's one of her deepest fears that I'll lose sight of where I am at any point in time and end up lost.

She doesn't think I'm capable of working at McDonald's. (I don't want to work there, she brought it up). She said it'd be too fast-paced for me and I wouldn't be able to keep up. She thinks with my brain I'd be more suited to a slow-paced cashier position.

Today she was telling me about a film she watched about a debate team. But she went in-depth as to what "debate" means. ie. "It's about these two classes that debate; so they read up on a particular topic and try to argue against the other -- even if they don't necessarily believe in what they're saying. So..." and I was like "Right." with a lifted eyebrow, wondering why she's going so in-depth, but also without cutting her off as to let her finish her thought. She then said "Oh... You know what that is?" And I was like.... uh yeah?

About a month ago she came into my room and went on about this strange rant about "Kids these days think they're so much smarter than their parents. Everyone thinks they're so smart because they know how to use computers, but really, it doesn't mean they're smart -- it's just repetition. Doing it over and over. That's it. It doesn't mean they're smart. Anybody can do it." ANd I was just like...... ok? lol?

This just loving sucks and I'm so upset. So many parents go on and on about how smart their kids are. Yet my mom seems to think I have an IQ of 4. This whole thing is new to me, I wasn't aware she thought this until maybe 2 months ago. Which surprises me, because I used to manage a loving Golf & Country club (the games, the finances, the inventory, accounting, employee scheduling, etc... everything.) so how the gently caress does she think I was able to do that? Idk I don't know what to do.

So now I have this constant feeling, like I have to prove my intelligence to her constantly. But nothing ever seems to be good enough.

BTW, I'm 31 and she's 60. I know. I'm a loving loser for being at home. I had to move back with my parents and brother (20) 2 years ago because I lost everything when my SO left me and I had to move back from across the country. I lost my managerial position, my car, my apartment, my SO of 8.5 years, and I'm super loving depressed and I don't go out or do anything and I'm unemployed. I know, I'm a loser sand I know I need a job. I feel horrible enough as it is. Also I'm sure on top of my depression/anxiety I'm also pretty loving lazy now. Anyway, I just wanted to be upfront about that if it means anything.

There's something haunting about this post

So like... how did you go from managing a country club to working at mcdonalds?

In my head canon OP was working at the country club and a big crate of golf balls fell on their head, and they became so impaired that their SO left and they were no longer able to run the golf club so they had to move back home with their mom. And now they're living with brain damage and aren't really able to grasp that they have diminished mental faculties, and their mom doesn't really understand what their limitations are yet. Maybe they've had some recent incidents with getting lost?

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Nov 9, 2019

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

QuarkJets posted:

In my head canon OP was working at the country club and a big crate of golf balls fell on their head, and they became so impaired that their SO left and they were no longer able to run the golf club so they had to move back home with their mom. And now they're living with brain damage and aren't really able to grasp that they have diminished mental faculties, and their mom doesn't really understand what their limitations are yet. Maybe they've had some recent incidents with getting lost?

Read the post.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
If only there were a paragraph that explained exactly what happened. Maybe it could be placed directly above your post

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

QuarkJets posted:

This person isn't working at McDonalds. This person is unemployed and mama is shooting down options they don't even want to apply for. It's been 2 years, McDonald's would be a step up but LOL enabling.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Again, read the last paragraph.

Someone suggesting you work at McDonalds is never someone who genuinely wants to help you.

And old people generally don't understand mental illness, let alone disability. Someone who can't understand depression is not going to have anything resembling a useful understanding of mental retardation, and if they genuinely think their kid is brain damaged they should be getting them medical help.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for refusing to eat dinner with my husband's family because they won't apologize to me?

I've never been completely accepted by my husband's family. He is Chinese, and his family was unhappy that he married me, a white woman. At family dinners, they would refuse to speak English with me, and they would very obviously be talking about me, right in front of me; I could tell because they'd be looking at me, saying my name, and then laughing. I tried talking to my husband about how I felt about not being included in conversations, and he just assured me that they weren't saying anything insulting.

Things only got worse when we had kids. My husband did not want to speak to our kids in Mandarin as he doesn't really speak it on a daily basis. I encouraged him to speak to them, but he never did, so our kids only speak English, and I can tell that they feel excluded at family events since their cousins all speak Mandarin with each other and leave them out. Plus, my mother in law and sisters in law would make snide remarks about how I'm too white and I'm raising the kids too white, and how it's wrong.

The last straw came when our youngest daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. They were at our house and told me I was poisoning my daughter by giving her insulin shots. Then they said that it's my fault that our daughter has type 1 diabetes as it's a "white person's disease" that I must have passed on. After that, I told my husband that his family was no longer welcome in our house. They're in town again, and they're staying in a hotel because I didn't want them staying with us. But now, my husband wants me to forget about what happened and smile and eat dinner with his family. I said no, not until his family apologizes. My kids are all going with my husband, and they don't understand why I'm not going. I don't know if I'm being immature and should just go for the sake of keeping the peace. But I'm also really fed up with his family. AITA?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Husband spineless worm, so what?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Husband is going to let his parents watch their diabetes kid and let them die when they refuse to administer insulin because of filial piety.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Read the post.

Anne Whateley posted:

If only there were a paragraph that explained exactly what happened. Maybe it could be placed directly above your post

Yeah I read that part, but it just says that a bunch of bad things happened, not why. Why did they lose their SO and nice job, leading to a depression spiral? It's a mystery.

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Nov 9, 2019

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

QuarkJets posted:

Yeah I read that part, but it just says that a bunch of bad things happened, not why. Why did they lose their SO and nice job, leading to a depression spiral? It's a mystery.

i think you might be the one who is legitimately and literally retarded

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Just go to dinner dressed in a "Taiwan number one" T-shirt and put your baby in a "Hong Kong independence now" onesie.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

ulex minor posted:

i think you might be the one who is legitimately and literally retarded

This is not an appropriate thread for posting your personal mantra

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I can't tell if that last story about the racist family is a repeat or they all have a similar tone like estranged parents.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

QuarkJets posted:

They lost their SO, which lead to everything else. It's very common, especially when your former partner is the only thing connecting you to that place (like when all your new friends were their friends first). Chances are something like infidelity or a huge fight, hence the total alienation and depressed defeated feelings. Mom ain't helping....

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

My (20F) boyfriend (20M) invites my best friend (20F) out to games, just the two of them.

quote:

My boyfriend(lets call him J) and I have been together for a year and me and my best friend(lets call her G) have been friends since grade school. J and G are both varsity players and are addicted to watching sports. They would follow hockey, baseball, soccer, football, basketball, like almost any game they love. However, i'm not really a sports person but still I would make the effort to attend their games. I would also make an effort to learn and understand their games. J plays football and G plays soccer.

J was using my laptop and forgot to logout his facebook account. I know its wrong to snoop but I couldn't help it. Some his teammates were messaging him and I clicked on the message icon and saw that he was messaging G. I got curious and scrolled through it and saw that he invited G out to multiple games, saying that he will buy 2 tickets for this game or that game. G would decline and tell him that he should invite me. J then said that I wouldn't understand and that I was not fun to be with in these kinds of things. G said that he is being unfair to me. J still sends multiple messages to G about wanting to talk and wanting to go out with her.

This has been going on for months. G has said nothing to me about this and the only thing that she did to kinda allude to the situation is to text me list of games that I should watch because those are J's favorite teams.

I kinda feel betrayed by both of them. Although I feel more betrayed by J than G.

What should I do? How should I approach this?

UPDATE: Thank you everyone for your advice. I approached G first and told her that I've seen the messages. She was relieved that I came to her and talked to her about it. She explained that she didn't know what to do because she didn't want to do anything that would destroy our friendship. She also assured me that next time she will tell me if anything shady like this happens again and that she will always have my back. We both apologized to each other and hugged it out.

I also have to admit that snooping through J's messages are wrong. The reason I did that because there are some rumours that he hits on other girls at away games and I was feeling insecure and worried about it. But it still does not justify the way I went about it.

As for J, we will meet up later tonight. I honestly think it is over between us. He also has a lot of guys friends to go with him to games and he also would never invite me. I would rather salvage my relationship with my friend, than continue my relationship with him and stay feeling insecure.

Thank you people of reddit for the advice.

UPDATE 2: G told me that I should start by saying "Hey, G told me that you were inviting her out to games" and I did exactly that. J became defensive and told me that he never invited her. I told him that I saw the messages and he asked if G showed me the messages. I told him the truth that I saw it through his fb and he was furious at me. He told me that I violated his privacy and I apologized for it. Then he told me that he was asking out G because his friends felt that G was a lesbian. He was trying to get proof by asking her out and that her not reciprocating is proof that she is one. At this point I'm like "WHAAAAAT?!". He said that he was doing that to protect me and I'm like WHAT?. He then left and told me that he needed space and that I should text him after I got my head cleared up. I texted him "stay away from me and G". That was honestly a wild ride.

Ah.... And nothing of value was lost! I love a happy ending

Miserable Maid fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Nov 9, 2019

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Joe Bogan posted:

Just go to dinner dressed in a "Taiwan number one" T-shirt and put your baby in a "Hong Kong independence now" onesie.

Are the parents Chinese ethnically or nationally? This only works if it’s the latter.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Miserable Maid posted:

My (20F) boyfriend (20M) invites my best friend (20F) out to games, just the two of them.

Ah.... And nothing of value was lost! I love a happy ending

Lol well that escalated quickly, nice meltdown guy.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Miserable Maid posted:

Then he told me that he was asking out G because his friends felt that G was a lesbian. He was trying to get proof by asking her out and that her not reciprocating is proof that she is one. At this point I'm like "WHAAAAAT?!".
In other words his defense was basically: I'm an arrogant rear end in a top hat who thinks that any woman who doesn't immediately try to gently caress me must be a lesbian...but don't worry, I was purely asking her out for science!

Can't believe that didn't work.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

MagusofStars posted:

In other words his defense was basically: I'm an arrogant rear end in a top hat who thinks that any woman who doesn't immediately try to gently caress me must be a lesbian...but don't worry, I was purely asking her out for science!

This is the /r/relationships thread. I actually am a little surprised it didn’t work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

MagusofStars posted:

It's funny because defences like that are way more common then you'd think... Or at least hope.

And it's always so lame, because it falls apart immedietly just by asking "wait, what if they said yes, what then". Like come up with a better lie, it's easy