Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Eschenique posted:

Bot Sentinel.

It also flags unreliable sources.

It's of course not perfect. It flags behavior mainly so people like Bill Mitchel is flagged for acting like a "trollbot"

Ymmv but it's handy for finding accounts used to just argue in bad faith all day long with few other types of interactions.

This is basically that Nancy strip in extension form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

A Terrible Person posted:

I know that this sounds stupid as poo poo, but I wish actual blood rituals or whatever actually worked. I'd gladly give my life to save a few kids in the absence of affordable healthcare and/or medication.

You know it would be used to trade some uncountable poor kids lives to prolong that of a billionaire.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

As someone that has never liked Kanye, his music, or his celebrity, I am feeling pretty good about my choices right about now.

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1192963497417748481

Not "From the Gaetz of hell?"

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

BiggerBoat posted:

I'd like to see a comprehensive study done that clearly demonstrates the actual net income savings or losses for an average person under a M4A system. Like, I've seen the CBO estimates but what does this mean for your average person's budget?
So, for whatever it's worth, there *is* a study floating around that states that in 2018, the average household spent more on healthcare costs than on federal taxes. Meaning, essentially, for the average household, you would have to increase taxes by literally over a hundred percent before m4a ended up costing people more than they are currently spending. As nobody on this planet is currently suggesting a 100% tax increase, this is good news for m4a.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Riptor posted:

This is basically that Nancy strip in extension form

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

ImpAtom posted:

I honestly can't figure out their game plan? Like are they hoping it'll go "oh well the whistleblower was fake so ALL this testimony is INVALID FOREVER."

If the person ever voted for or worked for a democrat, their assertions are invalid because the are a biased witch hunter.

That's honestly as far as the thinking goes.

ManBoyChef posted:

Im terrible at posting because I don't really know how to do it yet

What do you mean? You just hit reply to add a thought or quote to respond to someone directly. Or do you mean you're just think your writing sucks or something? I am confused.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

pkay posted:

Yea, that's the reason people hate Grenwald!
Yeah, Reality Winner hates him for being such a good ally for anti-imperialism.

Weird how GG doesn't take an opportunity on his numerous Tucker Carlson appearances to to go "hey maybe ease up on the white nationalist rhetoric". Weird how some posters here don't care about that either.

I guess scoring points on libs is more important than opposing fascism in America.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pander posted:

Yeah, Reality Winner hates him for being such a good ally for anti-imperialism.

Weird how GG doesn't take an opportunity on his numerous Tucker Carlson appearances to to go "hey maybe ease up on the white nationalist rhetoric". Weird how some posters here don't care about that either.

I guess scoring points on libs is more important than opposing fascism in America.

hey I wish the assorted major figures in America who go on Jake Tapper would do that too but welp

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
:golfclap:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Eschenique posted:

Bot Sentinel.

It's of course not perfect. It flags behavior mainly so people like Bill Mitchel is flagged for acting like a "trollbot"

Ymmv but it's handy for finding accounts used to just argue in bad faith all day long with few other types of interactions.

To be fair, if you're an actual human being who fails the Turing test you might as well be flagged as a bot.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

BiggerBoat posted:

If the person ever voted for or worked for a democrat, their assertions are invalid because the are a biased witch hunter.

That's honestly as far as the thinking goes.

What do you mean? You just hit reply to add a thought or quote to respond to someone directly. Or do you mean you're just think your writing sucks or something? I am confused.

both.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Eschenique posted:

Bot Sentinel.

Working as intended.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

1glitch0 posted:

To be fair, if you're an actual human being who fails the Turing test you might as well be flagged as a bot.

Yeah I agree. I haven't seen anyone flagged that upon closer inspection turned out to be legitimate. In intent anyway. It also rates people on a scale from 1% to 100% with various degrees in between before it flags them entirely. It also gradually reduces their rating so people have to actively maintain their lovely behavior to stay flagged.

The most important part is that it gives an impression how real a conversation is and if a person is worth responding to at all. Bad faith actors absolutely do run multiple sock puppet accounts in discussions to give real people opponents the impression that they are outnumbered and a minority.

Eschenique fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Nov 9, 2019

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Is Dumbfuck still going to the football game today?

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Reading the comments in a Trump tweet is like that scene in Westworld where the guy is walking around the party trying to figure out which person is the bot.

They’re all bots

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

SalTheBard posted:

In Colorado Springs around 2005 or so they projected like 50k - 100k new soldiers and Airman were going to be moving to the city due to Base Realignment and Closures. Developers built absurdly big sub division's of small, but really loving expensive houses (my friends house was around 1200 sq ft, 2 bed, 2 bath and was like $250k).

I would very much appreciate being able to buy such a very expensive house instead of paying 12% of that price in rent every year.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums

Are there that many people who would listen to Republicans screaming about fake whistleblowers and other gibberish that would both start to doubt Trumps own statements confirming the allegations, AND vote, and that their vote would change?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1193173374928863233

lmao

i'm shocked they don't want to call Peter Strzok and Lisa Page??

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Man the GOP really doesn't have anything here do they.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Is Dumbfuck still going to the football game today?

As far as I know. But apparently so will Baby Trump!

Zwabu posted:

Apparently the Baby Trump Blimp will make an appearance in Tuscaloosa tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/Nic_Gulas/status/1192429623369486337

https://twitter.com/gothlaw/status/1192289107940200449

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

sexpig by night posted:

hey I wish the assorted major figures in America who go on Jake Tapper would do that too but welp

whatabout what?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

Man the GOP really doesn't have anything here do they.

as that thread mentions, Volker and Morrison are probably relevant (and may have already been on the democrats' list to call anyways)

the rest is just poo poo to get on fox news and hope Daddy approves

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
It’s not surprising Hunter Biden is a proposed witness. It will get shut down by Schiff and Republicans will fake cry foul. It’s part of their defense strategy to say the hearings are biased.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
I'm sorry, does Trump not know what month it is, or that Bolton is no longer with the administration? He just retweeted this

https://twitter.com/AmbJohnBolton/status/1171443971958034434

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

Zwabu posted:

As far as I know. But apparently so will Baby Trump!

lol college gameday in the morning is going to be great.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Willo567 posted:

I'm sorry, does Trump not know what month it is, or that Bolton is no longer with the administration? He just retweeted this

https://twitter.com/AmbJohnBolton/status/1171443971958034434

oh my god it's 11/9.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1193170164445011969

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

FizFashizzle posted:

oh my god it's 11/9.

Haha it’s 9/11 in the rest of the world yeah

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

eke out posted:

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1193173374928863233

lmao

i'm shocked they don't want to call Peter Strzok and Lisa Page??

Are you referring to........ "the lovers"??

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Eschenique posted:

Yeah I agree. I haven't seen anyone flagged that upon closer inspection turned out to be legitimate. In intent anyway. It also rates people on a scale from 1% to 100% with various degrees in between before it flags them entirely. It also gradually reduces their rating so people have to actively maintain their lovely behavior to stay flagged.

The most important part is that it gives an impression how real a conversation is and if a person is worth responding to at all. Bad faith actors absolutely do run multiple sock puppet accounts in discussions to give real people opponents the impression that they are outnumbered and a minority.

Lol this thing has me at like 60 percent bot because I engage with shitheads

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Lol this thing has me at like 60 percent bot because I engage with shitheads

Working as intended.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Eschenique posted:

Working as intended.

It's amazing the lengths centrists will go to in order to delegitimize anyone who doesn't agree with them

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

It's amazing the lengths centrists will go to in order to delegitimize anyone who doesn't agree with them

Don't grind your gears at me there Tinman.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

This is a fantastic article which seems to have tracked down a possible root cause of the nationwide vaping related injuries:

https://twitter.com/BruceBarcott/status/1192849247965716486

It is just insane that the US regulatory system gives a free pass to anything labeled a "supplement". It sure looks like that loophole was a key part of the puzzle since it let this company (and knockoffs) ship what turned out to be bottled lung-destruction with no requirement that they disclose ingredients or do any sort of testing.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Shifty Pony posted:

This is a fantastic article which seems to have tracked down a possible root cause of the nationwide vaping related injuries:

https://twitter.com/BruceBarcott/status/1192849247965716486

It is just insane that the US regulatory system gives a free pass to anything labeled a "supplement". It sure looks like that loophole was a key part of the puzzle since it let this company (and knockoffs) ship what turned out to be bottled lung-destruction with no requirement that they disclose ingredients or do any sort of testing.

I guess the government figured that if you didn't hold people accountable to what they put in. They would put in cheap stuff that did nothing as opposed to actually importing functional dangerous stuff to put in.

The vaccine paradox.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
I really want people to ignore the senate subpoena and put the Republicans the spot of if they punish them then it shows the Dems in the house can easily punish people ignoring their subpoenas

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

AlexJade posted:

I really want people to ignore the senate subpoena and put the Republicans the spot of if they punish them then it shows the Dems in the house can easily punish people ignoring their subpoenas

there aren't any senate subpoenas yet?

e: oh you mean in a future trial nm

eke out fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Nov 9, 2019

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

A Terrible Person posted:

I know that this sounds stupid as poo poo, but I wish actual blood rituals or whatever actually worked. I'd gladly give my life to save a few kids in the absence of affordable healthcare and/or medication.

Hillary tried.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Eschenique posted:

I guess the government figured that if you didn't hold people accountable to what they put in. They would put in cheap stuff that did nothing as opposed to actually importing functional dangerous stuff to put in.

The vaccine paradox.

More like Orrin Hatch cared more about protecting the supplement and MLM industry in Utah than he did about people, so he worked to completely exempt them from even the most basic oversight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

AlexJade posted:

They’ll just use it as an excuse to acquit.