Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm willing to rent out my n-word pass to anybody who buys me plat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

beggar posted:

While we are sharing psp stories, I have been able to dap up/bro hug at least four goons at various shows and it’s always a delight. Seriously love this group as the best subsection of this weird fandom and wouldn’t want to share jokes with anyone else.

i once met a wrestle goon (idk who it was, it was a coincidence) but i pretended not to know what SA or NJPW was even tho I was wearing a bullet club bandanna

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
My favourite SA wrasslin related lore is someone posting in the anonymous confessions thread multiple times that they were Kane and read and posted here

It was so out of left field and made no sense I’ve made it canon in my head

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Do it ironically posted:

My favourite SA wrasslin related lore is someone posting in the anonymous confessions thread multiple times that they were Kane and read and posted here

It was so out of left field and made no sense I’ve made it canon in my head

Well how else is he going to completely destroy his brother The Undertaker?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Oh Snapple! posted:

Kinda hard not to notice that Mel got unlimited slack and good will from J-Ru despite his history as a human sack of poo poo and the entire forum screaming at him but then lol LL gets popped without hesitation. It's a matter of a number of bad decisions in an extremely short timeframe.

Ah yes, the unlimited slack of constantly getting probed

there are better ways to make a point without using awful words

anyway here is a funny couple tweets

https://twitter.com/StarrcastEvents/status/1192945071924097026

https://twitter.com/sammyguevara/status/1192948091407745024

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Nov 9, 2019

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

MotU posted:

i mean the previous page had several people quoting the rules and saying its okay to post slurs with the proper justification (humor, as the rules state) but ok

nah. the entire point is that it didn't have to be some dumb robotic auto-probate. and i guess my larger point is what is that probation accomplishing that just talking to LL real quick wouldn't have also done? This isn't some bad-faith piece of poo poo like Mel or someone like RGL who was blatantly using irony to try to get away with saying awful poo poo. LL has a good history here and knowing that she's part of a vulnerable community herself it's hard to not read that tagged text as partly venting - and obviously that doesn't suddenly make it okay, or that people should be comfortable with those words. But it's a problem that could have been solved easily without mod action, and it's weird to me that this avenue wasn't afforded to LL given the benefit of a doubt that was recently afforded to someone like Mel.

IcePhoenix posted:

Ah yes, the unlimited slack of constantly getting probed

there are better ways to make a point without using awful words

He was absolutely afforded an amazing amount of slack during his last dumbass hurrah. It's why the entire loving forum had to yell about it.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Jesus Christ it’s a loving sixer.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's a loving 6 hour probe. Are you planning to complain about this for longer than that the probe actually lasts?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

MJeff posted:

It's a loving 6 hour probe. Are you planning to complain about this for longer than that the probe actually lasts?

(Stone cold doing his beer drinking gesture) OH HELL YEAH

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

MJeff posted:

it's 5 minutes worth of typing, and a lovely probation is a lovely probation. tho i'd admittedly be making less of a stink had that embarrassment with mel not happened

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Oh Snapple! posted:

it's 5 minutes worth of typing, and a lovely probation is a lovely probation. tho i'd admittedly be making less of a stink had that embarrassment with mel not happened

There was nothing lovely about the probation using racial slurs is a probation.

Good character or not.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Oh Snapple! posted:

You can't just twist every decision the mod makes into an excuse to rant more about mel, dude. He loving apologized for it. Move the gently caress on.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Jerusalem posted:

I lurked Watch & Weight for a little while back when I was kind of obsessed about working out, and I think that was where the "lift your couch" thread happened and you posted a photo of you and your very confused cat? :3:

There were a couple silly picture threads I participated in! The cat pic was in a thread where some guy wanted goons to voterush a Red Bull meme image contest, and a mod challenged goons to mimic the picture instead. I used Phoebe as my wig. Wednesday marked ten years since I adopted her! :swoon:

The couch lifting came a few years later, and YLLS regulars flooding that thread made my heart happy. :)

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

https://twitter.com/marc_raimondi/status/1193039737226850304?s=19

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
People being probated for making terrible posts should happen more often if anything.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Incessant Excess posted:

People being probated for making terrible posts should happen more often if anything.

https://youtu.be/3PbdyJ_ybSI

Basically this but for probations

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Actually know what, my annoyance with outright terrible modding in another subforum is spilling into how I treat calls I find questionable in the other forums I visit. I stand by the gist of what I said, but I'm 100% being a big shithead about it and I'm sorry about that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thanks Snapple!, I prefer to thrash these things out over PMs when possible but some people feel that's trying to hide it away, so don't ever feel like you can't question decisions I make that you disagree with, if I'm wrong then I'm wrong (I don't believe I was in this case), just please try not to let it take over a thread.

Shine posted:

I used Phoebe as my wig. Wednesday marked ten years since I adopted her! :swoon:

Yay for Phoebe! :3:

The cut off "....the FU-" on this is incredibly well-timed :lol:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

https://twitter.com/DaveBautista/status/1192874831009722369?s=19

We nearly had the answer

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/WWEBrayWyatt/status/1193093502592339968

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I think I stumbled upon SA Let's Plays with Pokecapn's Sonic 2006 LP but bought an account because of Voidburger and Bob's Silent Hill Let's Plays. I definitely remember actually registering for the account at work and then laughing at the archives because Goons sent hundreds of dollars worth of bees to a third world country. Jokes on us, those honey bees are better off than they would be in America right now.

MJeff posted:

I'm willing to rent out my n-word pass to anybody who buys me plat.
I don't need your pass but if you give me an email I will buy you platinum (^: I just need an email to send the gift card to, thanks.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Good ol' Special Boy...

How I hate him!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

what the hell is with this forum losing its collective minds over a 6 hour probation constantly

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

bradzilla posted:

what the hell is with this forum losing its collective minds over a 6 hour probation constantly

Some people just don't understand that ironic bigotry is still bigotry and it doesn't loving matter if that person was fine before. Or how the rules were laid out in two thousand loving one.

Latest wrestling related tweet on my timeline because I don't simply want to perpetuate this stupid diversion:
https://twitter.com/Cultaholic/status/1193139925039890434?s=20

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Omega worked on his birthday so it's only fair that Jericho does too.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Oh Snapple! posted:

He was absolutely afforded an amazing amount of slack during his last dumbass hurrah. It's why the entire loving forum had to yell about it.

What happened in the end? I stopped reading this place for a while because he was such a negative influence on the posting here and everyone just seemed to go along with it.

Also, it is very unfortunate that AEW didn’t tell a story for Riho/Emi Sakura, such that Emi had to make a series of tweets attempting to explain their history.

https://twitter.com/emisakura_gtmv/status/1192927075016962048?s=21

https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1192920778603286528?s=20

https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1192911913694351360?s=20

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I mean, they went into that on commentary briefly. But my main complaint with AEW is that its women's division doesn't get as much time as it should.

When they mentioned their history on commentary it made much more sense for me why Emi would be in that match in the first place. But having just one promo package or something on one of the five shows after Riho became champion would have gone a long way. Maybe just one less throwaway interruption angle to add context for Emi Sakura vs. Riho, I dunno.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1193132809986203649
:laffo:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Hopefully they get more time after Full Gear

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Unless the Brandi stuff pays off at the PPV, they could have cut that to promote Riho's match though it seems as if those in charge weren't sure who to put up against Riho or were equally unsure about putting a women's title match on the card, based on how things were planned out before the PPV in terms of build for the various matches.

How long have they had to plan from the first PPV to now?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

TV Zombie posted:

Unless the Brandi stuff pays off at the PPV, they could have cut that to promote Riho's match though it seems as if those in charge weren't sure who to put up against Riho or were equally unsure about putting a women's title match on the card, based on how things were planned out before the PPV in terms of build for the various matches.

How long have they had to plan from the first PPV to now?

The first PPV (All In) or the most recent PPV (All Out)? I think All In was in May and All Out was September.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

njsykora posted:

The first PPV (All In) or the most recent PPV (All Out)? I think All In was in May and All Out was September.

All In was Sept 1st last year, All out was Aug 31st this year I think. But yeah. It's not like they didn't have time to think of what to do. They also had more than enough time to set more stuff up on TV.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
https://twitter.com/NickJacksonYB/status/1192940218049019904

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Glad he still finds time for Vince among his twenty-nine early morning tweets and retweets

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Emi Sakura and Terry Funk bein' buddies! They both look so much younger in that pic.
https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1193128583281041408?s=20

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Goddamn Terry Funk is great

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Emi doing a better job promoting this match than AEW did, that's for sure.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Isn't there a story about Terry Funk loving a horse as a teenager? Is my mind just inventing that? It sounds like it could be true.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

J-Ro posted:

Emi doing a better job promoting this match than AEW did, that's for sure.

tbf that's not saying much. IGgy IGsen did a better job of promoting this match than AEW did just by linking to the tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i’m gay here’s a bunch of slurs for no reason

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart i’m not watching full gear