Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Lol trump just got caught running a bunch of fake "win lunch with Trump" contests none of those chodes are meeting trunp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

they’re all employed as models for holodeck designers

geordi no!!!!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

snart

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
the gangster aliens all had some kind of extreme mental illness. they read literally one book once and their whole society got built on it. i guess its like twitter and harry potter or something

heyo :rimshot:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Every time Trump introduces me to some argument against him that I didn't know about before, I think about how anti-drug PSAs I saw in middle school taught me everything I knew at the time about drugs.

I genuinely can't remember what the anti drug stuff was like here. We had DARE which I'm guessing stood for drugs are really evil but that doesn't sound right at all

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Drunkboxer posted:

the gangster aliens all had some kind of extreme mental illness. they read literally one book once and their whole society got built on it. i guess its like twitter and harry potter or something

heyo :rimshot:

not as bad as the planet where the only book was a copy of the US constitution

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

haljordan posted:

Lol trump just got caught running a bunch of fake "win lunch with Trump" contests none of those chodes are meeting trunp

Think of a scenario worse than having cold mcdonalds with donald trump. Impossible

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

CODChimera posted:

I genuinely can't remember what the anti drug stuff was like here. We had DARE which I'm guessing stood for drugs are really evil but that doesn't sound right at all

it stands for “dont accelerate relativistically einstein”

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

must... eat... beef. is.... not.... weird

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Joementum posted:

not as bad as the planet where the only book was a copy of the US constitution

they were prob super angry that the enterprise was a flying craft

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

CODChimera posted:

Drug abuse resistance education. A cop came and told us a bunch of stuff about how evil drug dealers would try to push their stuff on us, which I had never encountered and never have. It ended in my school only a few months after it began though.

But also, TV PSAs and stuff introduced me to what all the drugs looked like (though made evil by red lights and devil horns etc).

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

spock]: despite what the worlds own records indicate, ships scanners are finding almost twice as many people living in the “compromise zone” as we were told

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

pulp

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Squizzle posted:

it stands for “dont accelerate relativistically einstein”

Sounds like the cops are the ones who should be easing up on he drugs

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

in 90s elementary school DARE had a real rear end police officer come into our fifth grade class and tell us that you can die from smoking weed

it didnt work out well. i was talking to someone the other day that apparently ran into a DARE stand at a food truck rodeo or something and they dont even gently caress with weed anymore

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

i started smoking weed at 14 thanks to DARE. also yall got any t shirts on sale

Willzilla
Aug 16, 2006

Rawr
oh my god I slept like poo poo

I love the new baby but ah gently caress

tmmmp

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

campfire posted:

i started smoking weed at 14 thanks to DARE. also yall got any t shirts on sale

yeah do you want this MAGA shirt

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Studies showed DARE was so ineffective that it actually made kids MORE likely to do drugs.

Willzilla
Aug 16, 2006

Rawr
the officer passed out 2 joints and got 3 back

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Willzilla posted:

the officer passed out

from weed exposure poisoning??

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
This morning on NPR after a discussion of how the Watergate hearings brought visibility to Nixon’s crimes: “the Democrats decision to hold public hearings for Iran-Contra backfired and made a hero out of Oliver North.”

🤔

The tone of the piece didn’t characterize it as a Democratic hit job, but unless that’s your point, the above statement so inaccurate outside of conservative circles it’s ridiculous (according to wiki it was the single largest drop in presidential approval ever, even if it did eventually recover). At any rate, explicitly calling out the post-fact parallels between then and today is negligent at best.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Squizzle posted:

they were prob super angry that the enterprise was a flying craft

:hmmyes:

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

so Mulvaney said gently caress your subpoena and the house is doing nothing about it?

lmfao who could have predicted such a thing

I hope some stern tweets were sent. we can’t stand for this.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

(I already have therapy I see a guy once a week he's pretty cool but I'm scared to tell him about my suicide ideation because i don't wanna be committed)

Please seek professional medical treatment. There is an excellent mental health thread that contains links to resources that you can use.

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

(I already have therapy I see a guy once a week he's pretty cool but I'm scared to tell him about my suicide ideation because i don't wanna be committed)

consider speaking to your guy about that

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I think if the trump cycle is negatively affecting you to that level (and that is very understandable) then you gotta take a break from the news and this thread.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

CODChimera posted:

when i was in school we had some big body builders come tell us about drugs and drinking and driving. one guy blew up a balloon and said it was difficult because if the air shot back into his mouth it would make his lungs explode.

they also told us about how a guy got drunk and drove home and didn't know until the next morning that he ran someone over, and he found out because their head was still stuck in the car radiator or something.

poo poo was wild. i did drugs that day.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

haljordan posted:

you're saying the #magachallenge is fake?? but how could it be, people are trying so hard

https://twitter.com/AidanGenZ/status/1192922893056954372

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
They can't commit you for that, I've told my therapist my problems with suicidal idealations and we talk about it

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

colachute posted:

when i was in school we had some big body builders come tell us about drugs and drinking and driving. one guy blew up a balloon and said it was difficult because if the air shot back into his mouth it would make his lungs explode.

they also told us about how a guy got drunk and drove home and didn't know until the next morning that he ran someone over, and he found out because their head was still stuck in the car radiator or something.

what the gently caress

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/StrangeAnimaIs/status/1193161701291634688?s=19

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

i think I posted it before, but dare had us elementary school kids write some sort of essay against drugs for some sort of schoolwide contest where the loser winner got to read their own poo poo in front of everyone and their parents

Well I had gotten into my nerd rebellious phase and I didn't want to write some boring poo poo so i wrote some lovely poetry instead. I got so owned, they made me the winner cuz mine was probably the shortest entry and reading that poo poo was embarrassing as gently caress

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

colachute posted:

and you're certain this want a wasnt a weed withdrawal dream

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

colachute posted:

so Mulvaney said gently caress your subpoena and the house is doing nothing about it?

lmfao who could have predicted such a thing

I hope some stern tweets were sent. we can’t stand for this.

add it to the impeachment articles pile.

if Mulvaney had proof tariurmwsip was innocent wouldn't he be beating down the door to the SCIF :smug:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/ihateBdubs/status/1193156083080192000?s=19

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

The cop who ran the DARE program in my county was pulled over for DUI. about three weeks later the county sheriff announced the budget for DARE had been cut and they couldn't afford to do it anymore

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Pascallion posted:

This morning on NPR after a discussion of how the Watergate hearings brought visibility to Nixon’s crimes: “the Democrats decision to hold public hearings for Iran-Contra backfired and made a hero out of Oliver North.”

🤔

The tone of the piece didn’t characterize it as a Democratic hit job, but unless that’s your point, the above statement so inaccurate outside of conservative circles it’s ridiculous (according to wiki it was the single largest drop in presidential approval ever, even if it did eventually recover). At any rate, explicitly calling out the post-fact parallels between then and today is negligent at best.

NPR is such loving garbage. *Trump kills a bunch of kids in ICE custody* NPR: “Coming up on morning edition, Given some of the incidents at the border we’ll speak with speak with one of the presidents most vocal supporters, Congressman <who loving knows from Montana> about why he believes this is all overblown and the administration is simply being tough on crime.”

and they will offer absolutely no real objection or counter voice. gently caress them

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

Thanks for the confirmation sir, mr president sir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

:ok: