Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Who will face exactly the same McCarthyist poo poo as Corbyn, you absolute numpty. Do you honestly think that a different person with the exact same policies is going to be left alone by the hostile press and right wing?

Corbyn isn't antisemitic, never has been, and yet you're saying that he should go because (whether he is or not) his image has been marred. So you've fallen for it prefectly. Every leftist leader that follows will suffer the same fate, especially if it works on Corbyn.

I'm not calling for Corbyn to go, you idiot. I'm saying he probably will step down if he loses the election. And why not? If he wanted to stay that's one thing but I think he'll probably conclude that he's reshaped the party enough that he can pass the torch to someone else without it shifting back to the right. I genuinely don't think he would want to go through another five years as opposition leader waiting for his third chance to be PM.

As for the personal attacks, obviously they will continue under anybody new. But we have a whole bunch of younger lefties who might appeal more to the electorate in spite of that. It means they have to start from square one with the smears too, only this time hopefully without the baggage of the whole PLP joining in, the leaks, the vote of no confidence etc.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

'm also confused about how 'Hey Jews' is antisemitic. Jews isn't a slur in and of itself, is it? I mean this genuinely, I don't understand in this situation how it would be antisemitic, if it did happen.

Because having a big laugh with your mates about 'the Jews' is basically mocking them. They're an ethnic group, not a punchline.

Edit: And it didn't happen. But that's why it would be offensive if it did.

jabby fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Nov 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Not So Fast posted:

It's one of those things that is probably not intended as hateful, but it is making light of the anti-semitism issue and is just not a good idea right now.

Good thing it didn't happen then!

Tevery Best posted:

ceterum censeo torios esse delendat

edit: no but for real this thread needs a centurion to twist your ears a little

I (and everyone else commenting) understood what Poison Jam meant, but this means nothing to me. Therefore I declare his phrase to be the most grammatically correct, having done the actual job of language: perfectly and precisely conveying an idea.

Tories delenda est!

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Tevery Best posted:

ceterum censeo torios esse delendat

edit: no but for real this thread needs a centurion to twist your ears a little

Showoff. The abbreviated form should be fine for everyone.

though please do correct me where i've made a mistake if I have

e: ^^^

It just adds "I certainly (ceterum) think/suppose (censeo esse) that (this changes the endings to accusative, plural in this case)". That is, "I certainly think that the Tories have to be destroyed". Technically it's the actual form that is historically attributed, but the the three word form is grammatically sound on it's own. It's just a bit of faffery really.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Nov 9, 2019

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
did anyone post today's Mail front page? because :laffo:

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/1192929768230051853

they are shook as gently caress

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Julio Cruz posted:

BRB going to email Lidl and ask them to justify their campaign with the loving Mail

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ratjaculation posted:

BRB going to email Lidl and ask them to justify their campaign with the loving Mail
The newspaper that supported Aldi Lidler.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

CptAwesome posted:

I heard the bus had homophobic windshield wipers

Counteracted by Star of David spinnaz on the rims

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
E: nah gently caress it

Tories delenda est

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Nov 9, 2019

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Aldi/lidl are literaly the mixom/moxim corporations from doom 3 as far as I'm concerned.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

jabby posted:

Because having a big laugh with your mates about 'the Jews' is basically mocking them. They're an ethnic group, not a punchline.

Edit: And it didn't happen. But that's why it would be offensive if it did.
The funniest/most :staredog: thing to come out of this whole "Corbyn hates the Jews" poo poo is the centrists turning into farcical versions of 19th century antisemites.

"Anti-capitalism is antisemitic because Jews control a disproportionate amount of the worlds wealth", "there's a hard difference between Jews who speak their own languages and attend religious services and those that are just Jewish but speak the volkish language", and "let's stalk this woman for evidence of bagels to see if she's Jewish" are not things I foresaw coming out of the British centre 5 years ago, and if they carry on down this path they'll literally be saying "ah, this one wrote a song, they can't be a real Jew because Jews are an arrhythmic people" while still thinking that they're the good guys.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Private Speech posted:

Showoff. The abbreviated form should be fine for everyone.

though please do correct me where i've made a mistake if I have

e: ^^^

It just adds "I certainly (ceterum) think/suppose (censeo esse) that (this changes the endings to accusative, plural in this case)". Technically it's the actual form that is historically attributed, but the the three word form is grammatically sound on it's own. It's just a bit of faffery really.

You have made no mistakes in the three word phrase, I honestly just wanted to refresh my memory of plural accusative suffixes. edit: and also show off because I am in fact a show-off

The above construction (modelled after Cato's actual phrasing) is what is called ACI, accusativus cum infinitivo. In Latin, subordinate clauses that append to verbs expressing opinions, convictions, or beliefs about the world are typically not introduced by a preposition (as they would be in English or Polish), but instead they swap the subject to the accusative case and the verb to the infinitive. Hence, ceterum censeo torios delendat esse - moreover, I believe Tories ought be destroyed.

There is also another construction called NCI (nominativus cum infinitivo), which does something else, but I don't remember what.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Maugrim posted:

To perpetuate this extremely boring chat instigated by a possible Pissflaps alt, ceterum would be also, not certainly

According to the almighty Wikipedia:

quote:

Adverb
cēterum (not comparable)

1. as for the rest
2. moreover, in addition, furthermore (moving on to another topic)
3. certainly

Though I suppose in this case you are right.

e: seeing your edit yeah anyway I'm sorry for the derail too

Tories delenda est for anyone who wants.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 9, 2019

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Julio Cruz posted:

The Mail being hosed over by their own Frankenstein creation would be excellent.

Is anyone else surprised Labour haven't tried to make anything of the flooding? When I saw how bad it was I thought they'd be going hard on how underinvestment in flood defences was why this happened, but I've hardly heard anything from them.

I do think "Hey Jews" was intended to be the story of the weekend that derailed every Labour representatives interview tomorrow though. Such a shame it died on its arse.

EDIT
https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1193199590637522944
wE'vE pAsSeD pEaK cOrByN

jabby fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Nov 9, 2019

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Did anyone post this yet?
(You can read a few articles free btw)

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/media/2019/11/what-is-shitposting-and-why-does-it-matter-bbc-brexitcast-laura-kuenssberg-got-it-wrong

quote:

What is shitposting? And why does it matter that the BBC got it wrong?
The implications of misunderstanding internet terminology go far beyond a minor misread.

Last night, BBC Sounds tweeted a clip from its popular podcast Brexitcast with the opening line “What is s***posting?” explaining the online phenomenon. In the clip, the BBC’s political editor Laura Kuenssberg explains shitposting as when “political parties or campaign groups make an advert that looks really rubbish and then people share it online saying ‘oh I can’t believe how poo poo this is’, and then it gets shared and shared and shared and shared and they go ‘ha ha job done.’” The rest of the presenters then laughed about a particularly hideous graphic shared by the Conservative Party on Twitter and discussed whether or not it was worthwhile sharing these so-called shitposts.

This clip could have been incredibly helpful for viewers suddenly hearing this internet term who didn’t understand what it was. It could have been a useful explainer, a good effort from the BBC to connect with younger audiences, and a step in the right direction towards demystifying online-speak.

Except: it wasn’t. What Kuenssberg defined as shitposting isn’t what shitposting is at all. In fact, the BBC got it wildly wrong.

etc etc

Crisp chat:

I am chowing down on a white cob slathered with creamy, full fat philadelphia, and stuffed with flame grilled steak flavoured doritos.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Not gonna lie I'm feeling a bit of hope seeing how the media's getting so nervous about the Brexit Party vote splitting

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I am wondering how the weather's gonna affect the vote.

Cos like, surely the prime targets for not going out in the lovely weather are the tory fossil bloc. I know a lot of them postal vote but the tory ground game seems virtually nonexistent in my constituency and I can't imagine they've got anything like the GOTV efforts we've got. We're trying to get our older voters postal registered too.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Is anybody else weirded out by loving BuzzFeed being held up as a source of journalistic integrity? I don't know when in the last couple of years this suddenly became a thing.

In other news today I got stopped on a roundabout in Uxbridge by a police motorbike, so a motorcade could get past. This may be as close as I ever come to our glorious leader, but sadly it still wasn't milkshaking distance.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pochoclo posted:

Not gonna lie I'm feeling a bit of hope seeing how the media's getting so nervous about the Brexit Party vote splitting

It'll be near impossible to undo too, given all the poo poo Farage spouted about a Tory deal being worse for leavers than remaining in the EU.

stev fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Nov 9, 2019

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/ericjschuster/status/1089039677351514112

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Pochoclo posted:

If people who habitually vote tory actually start thinking about voting for someone else, it's a huge win.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ran into a couple that might be like that today, the brexit lot don't seem to be ardently tory, a lot of them generally just seem sick of everything but buy into the whole "britain was great before the EU" thing and hate all politicians.

If farage gets on the telly and tells them to vote brexit I think a fair few of them might, though we're trying to swing them to labour too by saying that labour at least will get brexit done in one way or another within six months rather than years more of negotiating the transition period with boris.

Overall I think the majority of people I've spoken to aren't specifically interested one way or another about brexit, like it's not the only thing they care about, they might have an opinion but they care about other poo poo too, there are probably more single issue brexiters than any other single issue bloc, but the single issue brexiters are far from the majority of voters.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

interesting thread:

https://twitter.com/Louis_Allday/status/1193214371935203328?s=19

further reading:

https://twitter.com/Louis_Allday/status/1060245381311795200?s=19

https://twitter.com/Louis_Allday/status/1060545806300778496?s=19

the fall of the ussr was bad for us too

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Guavanaut posted:

Tony stop possessing good poster Ms Adequate and talking about Cool Britannia. I cast you out, out! Go be in a swine like Dave.

I specifically and conscientiously didn't mention any Cool Britannia ballix!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I'm glad you specified this so I didn't confuse them with the poster we get here.

Brutal :v:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Stay safe public-facing campaigning dudes/dudettes. In our area all canvassing is in pairs.

https://twitter.com/JimEllisUk/status/1193168507883737088?s=20

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Someone count the number of guardian headlines in this, it looks like 1/sec for 120 seconds but I cba to actually count

https://twitter.com/robn1980/status/873976356299825152/video/1

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Stay safe public-facing campaigning dudes/dudettes. In our area all canvassing is in pairs.

https://twitter.com/JimEllisUk/status/1193168507883737088?s=20

i am sure these terror tactics are not at all what good faith people like gnasher and oz katerji and freedland have been wanting to happen

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/Hillingdon_Tory/status/1193195054795513856
lol Boris was out campaigning in his own constituency today.

He's shook.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Pilchenstein posted:

If you're a racist dipshit then just mentioning the jewish people is a hilarious bit because reasons.
I get that it can be a combination slur, like "He sucks because he's a Jew" is racist, as is screaming "loving Jew" at someone. I think because of that there's an alarm goes off in my head whenever anyone words something like 'he's a Jew,' and I'm not sure why the wording sounds worse than 'he's Jewish.'

But to me, Jew isn't inherently racist in the same way Indian or Muslim aren't racist unless they're preceeded by the word 'fackin' in a taxi driver's rant.

I struggle with this because it's one of the few 'literal brain' parts of autism I have trouble with, I need to understand what the rules are and why they are how they are. But I suspect that most allistic prople don't really know either, which is where you get this arbitrary terror when someone changes the word in a song without any apparent or implied malice.

Exactly how twitter goes from someone saying the word Jew as a homonym in a song, or disagreeing with the illegal occupation in the west bank to Jewish people fearing for their lives under Corbyn is just a baffling leap of logic.

I think it's because with anything to do with racial identity, the consequences of getting it wrong are awful (and I don't mean being shouted at, I mean the sinking realisation that I punched down and someone somewhere is probably feeling like poo poo). It's complex and not always 100% linguistically rational.

I also worry that I had a lovely upbringing, parents and friends normalising racial / gender / sexuality stereotypes and if I don't double check myself, they still sometimes end up underpinning jokes, and when they do I feel loving awful. I know a lot of zero empathy edgelords use that as an excuse for why they're going to say it anyway, but in my case I feel really bad about it and hate that it's floating around in my subconscious loving poo poo up in there.

When I was listening to the podcast I got a great laugh out of Rarity saying her handle was @francesweetman, but the problem was my brain followed that with the joke "being a trans woman does not mean you can choose a specific woman to transition into" and I'm really not sure if that's OK or not. Like it feels like it's a funny connection, but it also feels like pointing out someone's trans nature is as bad as misgendering them, at least according to tumblr.

Anyway. I think my original point was that while I don't see how using a word with no attached malice is bad, I am also aware that those kinds of thoughts are used by the alt-right to drop n-bombs because acshully it originally meant patsy so it's fine for them to scream it at the starbucks guy.

jabby posted:

I'm not sure that Jewish people were being cast in a negative light here so much as an MP was just using a homonym in a well known song? Although the practical reality is that he should have known better than to use that particular homonym while the antisemitism row was going on, like 'Hey Jews, look at us, a bus full of Labour supporters, the people you worry about hating you' (even though it transpires it probably didn't happen).

(Also apologies for misreading your post about Corbyn stepping down, I think I'm just tetchy because a thread or so ago a bunch of new posters appeared and started saying maybe Corbyn should step down along with all of the 'unelectable' poo poo.)

Guavanaut posted:

... "let's stalk this woman for evidence of bagels to see if she's Jewish" are not things I foresaw coming out of the British centre 5 years ago, and if they carry on down this path they'll literally be saying "ah, this one wrote a song, they can't be a real Jew because Jews are an arrhythmic people" while still thinking that they're the good guys.
I desperately want to reply to the No True Jewish People melts that perhaps there should be some kind of badge they could wear, except irony is dead and I'd probably end up as the main character for the day.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Nov 9, 2019

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I get that it can be a combination slur, like "He sucks because he's a Jew" is racist, as is screaming "loving Jew" at someone. I think because of that there's an alarm goes off in my head whenever anyone words something like 'he's a Jew,' and I'm not sure why the wording sounds worse than 'he's Jewish.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruFdHCyRppI

I think it's just brains doing word association, 'Jew' as a noun is used by your alt-right types etc. 'A Jewish person' is clunky but it feels better, I think maybe because it's explicitly not dehumanising. I remember Corbyn once got called an anti-semite for saying 'Jewish people' instead of 'Jews' though so who knows Brazil is a land of contrasts.

Gruffalo Soldier
Feb 23, 2013

Hello all, resident lurker here.

My band recently recorded a song that I think will fit in well with the thread. It's about Margaret Thatcher; also Marx and the living dead. No Monster Munch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apj5zPTGzNI

Well, back to lurking.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

But to me, Jew isn't inherently racist in the same way Indian or Muslim aren't racist unless they're preceeded by the word 'fackin' in a taxi driver's rant.

I struggle with this because it's one of the few 'literal brain' parts of autism I have trouble with, I need to understand what the rules are and why they are how they are. But I suspect that most allistic prople don't really know either, which is where you get this arbitrary terror when someone changes the word in a song without any apparent or implied malice.

Exactly how twitter goes from someone saying the word Jew as a homonym in a song, or disagreeing with the illegal occupation in the west bank to Jewish people fearing for their lives under Corbyn is just a baffling leap of logic.

I think it's because with anything to do with racial identity, the consequences of getting it wrong are awful (and I don't mean being shouted at, I mean the sinking realisation that I punched down and someone somewhere is probably feeling like poo poo). It's complex and not always 100% linguistically rational.

I also worry that I had a lovely upbringing, parents and friends normalising racial / gender / sexuality stereotypes and if I don't double check myself, they still sometimes end up underpinning jokes, and when they do I feel loving awful. I know a lot of zero empathy edgelords use that as an excuse for why they're going to say it anyway, but in my case I feel really bad about it and hate that it's floating around in my subconscious loving poo poo up in there.

When I was listening to the podcast I got a great laugh out of Rarity saying her handle was @francesweetman, but the problem was my brain followed that with the joke "being a trans woman does not mean you can choose a specific woman to transition into" and I'm really not sure if that's OK or not. Like it feels like it's a funny connection, but it also feels like pointing out someone's trans nature is as bad as misgendering them, at least according to tumblr.

Anyway. I think my original point was that while I don't see how using a word with no attached malice is bad, I am also aware that those kinds of thoughts are used by the alt-right to drop n-bombs because acshully it originally meant patsy so it's fine for them to scream it at the starbucks guy.

I'm not sure that Jewish people were being cast in a negative light here so much as an MP was just using a homonym in a well known song? Although the practical reality is that he should have known better than to use that particular homonym while the antisemitism row was going on, like 'Hey Jews, look at us, a bus full of Labour supporters, the people you worry about hating you' (even though it transpires it probably didn't happen).

(Also apologies for misreading your post about Corbyn stepping down, I think I'm just tetchy because a thread or so ago a bunch of new posters appeared and started saying maybe Corbyn should step down along with all of the 'unelectable' poo poo.)

I desperately want to reply to the No True Jewish People melts that perhaps there should be some kind of badge they could wear, except irony is dead and I'd probably end up as the main character for the day.
The usual approved thread exercise is "replace it with Black and see how it sounds".

So Black isn't inherently racist, but some folks might prefer African instead of Black and some folks might prefer Black over or as well as African, that's fine.

But you can easily make it racist. 'No Blacks' is terrible, Black followed by any term of disparagement is probably going to be bad.

So take a random song and fit it in, you could probably wedge it into The Scatman by Scatman John. "I'm a Black man". Is that inherently bad? Absent context, no, I bet a comedian from the African diaspora could make something of that which would either be funny or thought provoking or both. But I don't think that I could.

Random white dude on a bus singing "I'm a Black man. Ski-bi dibby dib yo da dub dub." Prooooooobably racist.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It's because in calling someone a Jew you subtly imply that that encapsulates all that they are, whilst saying they are Jewish is just naming a singular trait.

Like you don't call someone with Down's syndrome a Downie, you say they have Down's.

E: I am not in any way equating being Jewish with having DS btw, just being involved in the DS community is how I learnt to be careful about this subtlety of phrasing

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 9, 2019

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
I didn’t expect a latin derail but I’m not sorry

Tories delenda est

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

jabby posted:

https://twitter.com/Hillingdon_Tory/status/1193195054795513856
lol Boris was out campaigning in his own constituency today.

He's shook.

The prime minister of the united kingdom can muster slightly more people to campaign for him than our labour candidate can in middlesbrough south, lol.

And her launch rally had about two or three times that many people in attendence :v:

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 9, 2019

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Maugrim posted:

It's because in calling someone a Jew you subtly imply that that encapsulates all that they are, whilst saying they are Jewish is just naming a singular trait.

Like you don't call someone with Down's syndrome a Downie, you say they have Down's.
This one is a huge :can: for different identities though.

Using the Black test again, you wouldn't say "he's a Black" unless you were a 90 year old racist from the American South or a Mail commenter, but it's fine to say "he's an African American". It's only when you say "oh, you'd like him, he's an African American" that it gets weird, because you're assuming that one part can sum up a person in whole, which is just polite racism, although of course not as bad as "oh, you wouldn't like him, he's an African American."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

RockyB posted:

Is anybody else weirded out by loving BuzzFeed being held up as a source of journalistic integrity? I don't know when in the last couple of years this suddenly became a thing.

I used to be but I got over it.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Green PPC for Filton and Bradley Stoke just stood down in protest against the Lib Dem pact

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
https://twitter.com/EdRooksby/status/1193215852910448641?s=19

:psyduck:

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
https://www.france24.com/en/20190719-israel-spyware-firm-can-mine-data-social-media-ft

It's literally a known fact that Mossad takes huge amounts of data from social media, if you're acting surprised they're trying to smear Labour candidates I don't know what you were expecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Email just received from Labour HQ:

quote:

Dear Jaeluni

I'm Stephen, and I have been Labour's Faith Envoy for twelve years now. Faith gives us the strength to stand for what we believe in. Our movement includes all faiths, which is why we need you, and value what you have to say.

I'm proud that Labour is consulting our faith communities to help us shape our next people-powered manifesto.

You have the power to sculpt the Labour Race and Faith Manifesto. Together we can create a manifesto that truly puts wealth and power back in the hands of the many.

https://action.labour.org.uk/page/content/race-faith-consultation (personal identifying codes stripped out)

The future is ours to make. It's time for real change so that no one is held back and no community is left behind.

In solidarity,

Stephen Timms MP

Labour Party's Faith Envoy

(He has been Labour MP for East Ham for over 20 years. Probably shouldn't be signing himself as 'MP' just now, but nevermind!)