Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Gaz-L posted:

I think Eleanor's comment that the group split in half is the key here. Chidi made a hard decision to help Brent and Brent finally started to see he was a shitlord. Simone and John bailed. That's 50/50. To use a Jason analogy: Tie game. Overtime, baby.

Oh poo poo, I think you're right. It's going to go full circle. They reboot all 7 humans for one last experiment in the Neighborhood. What if it comes down to 3 good, 3 bad, and Eleanor is the tie-breaker for becoming Good and saves all of humanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I am surprised the judge or Michael don't bring up the results of the judge's test where not only did Eleanor pass, but also let her friends think she failed so as to not make them feel worse.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

curiousCat posted:

They had just found the board with only the four of them's pictures -- Tahani and Jason were threats to them at that point

True and I did consider this but, again, Simone is trying to rationalize fleeing anyway, so even if she personally believes (knows really) that Jason and Tahani won't be returning with a rope, it might be enough to convince Chidi that he doesn't have to personally risk his safety for Brent. Maybe Chidi would see through this, but there's other arguments she could make: like that she didn't believe he was in actual danger and this was just another test anyway, or even worse, a trap.

1glitch0 posted:

Simone does mention she really doesn't want to be there when the clock hits zero. And they seemed pretty panicked. It's not the altruistic choice, but...

Yeah she mentions it prior but her arguments for abandoning Brent don't really factor that in and lean heavily on "he's just really bad and doesn't deserve our help". That's my main point: she has a lot of reasons to want to get out of there, and to believe that things aren't what they seem anyway, it comes off badly that her reasons are focused on Brent as a person and not any of these other reasons to want to flee.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

oh man I didn't realize how much I missed that laugh.

coming up next, one of the humans made the cut, two are going to the bad place. And one is going to the medium place.

You'll never guess which one

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Descriptions from the next two episodes:

The group awaits the judge's final decision on the fate of human existence.

In an attempt to plan a better future, Chidi considers his past.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Invade and liberate the Bad Place, overthrow the afterlife.

Mutiny in heaven :v:

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

RBA Starblade posted:

Invade and liberate the Bad Place, overthrow the afterlife.

Mutiny in heaven :v:
Eleanor becoming ruler of Hell The Bad Place would be a surprisingly satisfying ending.
"You pansy-rear end demons think you know torture? Let me tell you about a place I call... Arizona..."

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Robot Hobo posted:

Eleanor becoming ruler of Hell The Bad Place would be a surprisingly satisfying ending.
"You pansy-rear end demons think you know torture? Let me tell you about a place I call... Arizona..."

Honestly between Eleanor and Jason, they've got enough knowledge to make 80% of demons quake in their boots.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

Honestly between Eleanor and Jason, they've got enough knowledge to make 80% of demons quake in their boots.

Also, Jason's little introduction to the group in this episode was great.

"Jason Mendoza, Jacksonville, Florida - Go Jags!"

Manny was on fire this week.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I was born in a swimming pool.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Janet also v. good this week.

"Can you make them clap louder?" "Look, they see what they see, man..."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Series finale is January 30th and is going to air in a 90 minute block with an aftershow included into the 90 minutes. Unclear how long the aftershow will be but it will probably break down to hour for show, half hour for aftershow.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

BRB, canceling my plans Jan 30...

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

swickles posted:

I was born in a swimming pool.

Well, he is Florida Man.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Hey, I am a Florida Man and was born in a hospital. Granted it was three houseboats lashed to 4 broken down ambulances on the side of a highway, but it was still a hospital!

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Eleanor was KILLING it in that dress

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

pile of brown posted:

Eleanor was KILLING it in that dress

They are all very attractive people. I loved Tahani's ballgown, and Simone was hiding her smokeshow under a bushel until the end.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

muscles like this! posted:

Series finale is January 30th and is going to air in a 90 minute block with an aftershow included into the 90 minutes. Unclear how long the aftershow will be but it will probably break down to hour for show, half hour for aftershow.

And then Brooklyn 99 starts Feb 6th! :toot:

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Chiming in to say I would watch Ted Danson do birthday party-level of magic tricks for at least an hour. Tops.

Also John and Simone driving off, do you think they’ll find the Medium Place?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ringo Star Get posted:

Chiming in to say I would watch Ted Danson do birthday party-level of magic tricks for at least an hour. Tops.
I loved how he kept doing the "raise a leg and tap the top hat into shape" move.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Ringo Star Get posted:

Well, they're in the Medium Place. That's where the Neighborhood was built. I think they'll probably find Mindy St Claire's house, tho. I do love the idea they just jumped in a car in a supernatural environment and was like "gently caress it, bail, best option."

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ringo Star Get posted:

Mindy's house is literally right next to where they've been the whole time

In any case they've likely been frozen when the experiment ended just like the other two

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Regy Rusty posted:

In any case they've likely been frozen when the experiment ended just like the other two

Good point.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I don't think Chidi is going to be very happy with Simone when all is said and done. She may have scuppered that entire relationship for eternity by abandoning Chidi, knowing he'd try to help on his own.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I can’t remember, where is Mindy?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

I can’t remember, where is Mindy?

Just hanging out in her house.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sloth Life posted:

They are all very attractive people. I loved Tahani's ballgown, and Simone was hiding her smokeshow under a bushel until the end.
It's honestly a bit over the top how attractive everyone is.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I liked that even the demons appreciated Jason’s cheekbones.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Guy A. Person posted:

I feel like it would have come off better if they were just too freaked out about the countdown and in a panic, or even referenced the fact that Tahani and Jason were on their way back with a rope and would be able to handle it better than they could with limited supplies.

There's a pretty big difference between "I don't know how to save this person and am in immediate fear for my own safety standing here" and "this person is just really too awful to be worth me trying to save them" and Simone's point seemed to be uncomfortably closer to the latter.

Remember, hell literally opened up right beneath them. Think about that. You're convinced you're in an experiment, hell opens up and swallows the one really bad guy in your midst. Do you help him, or do you run away?

Helping him is likely to be futile. Running away might work, since they may or may not be omnipresent. And remember, Brett was terrible to them throughout the entire experiment. So, you think you're already damned to hell, you know some weird poo poo is going to go down, do you try to save someone in vain despite all your efforts to make him better, or do you get out of there.

Chidi chose to stay because he couldn't just let Brett died. This is basically a loving trolley-car problem, and Chidi chose to risk his eternal life to try and save some no-good jerk.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BioEnchanted posted:

I don't think Chidi is going to be very happy with Simone when all is said and done. She may have scuppered that entire relationship for eternity by abandoning Chidi, knowing he'd try to help on his own.

I mean, she already scuppered it when she said they weren't soulmates

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Regy Rusty posted:

Mindy's house is literally right next to where they've been the whole time

So they froze in place, but not the Escalade, so it's just continuing to drive with a frozen human's foot on the gas.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Rarity posted:

I mean, she already scuppered it when she said they weren't soulmates

Yeah, but at least they were still friends after that. I think Simone will have trouble getting Chidi to even speak to her after that stunt.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

BioEnchanted posted:

Yeah, but at least they were still friends after that. I think Simone will have trouble getting Chidi to even speak to her after that stunt.

I dunno. He said he respected her opinion, but just didn't agree. It was as friendly as a breakup could be next to a pit to hell with a giant countdown clock in the sky could be.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
I like the perspective that Simone was really the subject they needed to improve, and in that respect they failed. I'm curious to see what the Judge focuses on next week.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Outside bet on season ending

the experiment ends. Shawn and Michael welcome Eleanor to her new life as a demon in the bad place because of how well she forked over both her friends and the experiment subjects.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

boo_radley posted:

Outside bet on season ending

the experiment ends. Shawn and Michael welcome Eleanor to her new life as a demon in the bad place because of how well she forked over both her friends and the experiment subjects.
Wait, is this based on actual spoilers, or is it just theory? Do we still spoiler theory?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

pwn posted:

Wait, is this based on actual spoilers, or is it just theory? Do we still spoiler theory?
It is not a real spoiler. But you know what is a real spoiler? The real bad place was the friends we made along the way.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Cemetry Gator posted:

Chidi chose to stay because he couldn't just let Brett died.

as a Brett please let me assure you his name is Brent ie my coffee cup name, the worst name ever, as far from "brett" as "Stephen" is from "Steven" (so far apart)

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
A good mnemonic: BreNt is the Not real TV character. BreTt is the Too-real Supreme Court justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

They’re all good people, Bront.