Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Strobe posted:

:frogsiren: NEW SMALL MARINE MODEL SIGHTED :frogsiren:

Even in terminator armour stepping on a lego hurts like hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!

goose willis posted:

The demon figures from 7 Sins actually seem perfect for chaos spawn, are they the right size and 28mm scale? Models are NICE

I can help here!

Their bases vary from 40-45mm, with the little one being 23mm which would work as a Poxwalkers or similar.
Spawn come with 40mm bases, which are Too loving Small, so I've mounted mine on a 50mm

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Strobe posted:

This is pretty great. Also I'm happy to be wrong and for there to be signs of life for small marines.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
No.....HELMET?!?!?!

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?
Nah guys he's an opera singer just belting it out.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Strobe posted:

The proportions are so bizarre, his arms are coming out his ears...

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

Cross-Postin' from the Mini Painting thread.
Finally finished painting this dingus after procrastinating with just his force sword remaining for over a month (and then getting the power waves the wrong way 'round from the runestones!!)
Pretty drat happy with how he's come out.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
You are a legitimately great model painter.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

The proportions are so bizarre, his arms are coming out his ears...

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
"It was made for me! Th- this is my Tactical Dreadnought Armor!"

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
I could believe he is just a head in a suit with those proportions.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

Maneck posted:

You are a legitimately great model painter.

Thanks, I appreciate that :)

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Come on you apes, you want to live forever?

First squad done! I'm really happy with how they turned out, and given that I need to paint like 50 more of these, I think I learned enough to make it a little easier next time. I might take a break from hordes for a little bit, though.

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Nov 9, 2019

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Lord Hydronium posted:

Come on you apes, you want to live forever?

First squad done! I'm really happy with how they turned out, and given that I need to paint like 50 more of these, I think I learned enough to make it a little easier next time. I might take a break from hordes for a little bit, though.

Good palette choices for sure. How long did that squad take?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Maneck posted:

Good palette choices for sure. How long did that squad take?
Thanks! Those took about 4 evenings to paint (not including building or priming).

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Space marines are so huge their head sits lower than they shoulders like an orc.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

cursed image

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Texmo posted:

Cross-Postin' from the Mini Painting thread.
Finally finished painting this dingus after procrastinating with just his force sword remaining for over a month (and then getting the power waves the wrong way 'round from the runestones!!)
Pretty drat happy with how he's come out.

This is absolutely fantastic work.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I finished up some Assault Centurions, it kinda feels like I just painted three dreadnoughts at the same time.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Beer4TheBeerGod sent my son and I about 1200 points of Necrons and Orks and he is an awesome goon. My son and I spent 3 hours putting together 5 Immortals last night. Those guys are brutal to assemble. And another thanks to Coldbird for taking time to demo his awesome looking Salamanders for us. The game has changed a lot since I last played for sure.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

The Dregs posted:

Beer4TheBeerGod sent my son and I about 1200 points of Necrons and Orks and he is an awesome goon. My son and I spent 3 hours putting together 5 Immortals last night. Those guys are brutal to assemble. And another thanks to Coldbird for taking time to demo his awesome looking Salamanders for us. The game has changed a lot since I last played for sure.

Absolute shout out to warhams goons. Your all excellent people.

Can't wait until my son is old enough to game :).

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Absolute shout out to warhams goons. Your all excellent people.

Can't wait until my son is old enough to game :).

We used to play when he was 5. Basically we just ran our models towards each other and whoever rolled highest killed the other guy. Then he'd take them all to his room, play with them for hours, and then beeak/lose half of them. And then he'd glue the bits to his Legos, which is a secret he just told me recently.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
https://maxmini.eu/antiriot-ogres-miniatures-set

Does anyone have experience with those? They look SICK

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Me and my buddy's doubles army from Da Boyz yesterday:

We went 1-1-1 and my captain in the bottom left delivered the killshot on a knight and Magnus :hellyeah:

TheBigAristotle fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Nov 9, 2019

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer

lol

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Dregs posted:

Show us pics of the first battle after everything is together!

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

How valid or plausible are the rumors that cult marines are going to go to two wounds?

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Show us pics of the first battle after everything is together!

Definitely!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

goose willis posted:

How valid or plausible are the rumors that cult marines are going to go to two wounds?

CHAOS PRIMARIS

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's already supposed to be centuries since Guilliman finally woke up, i'm honestly wondering what's taking Fabius Bile so long to put out chaos bigglies

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

it's already supposed to be centuries since Guilliman finally woke up, i'm honestly wondering what's taking Fabius Bile so long to put out chaos bigglies

He's got the process down, but he's still testing out ways to make it more disgusting and/or evil.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Fabius Bile's primaris noteboard; blank but for

* TWO DICKS?
* smells like onion all the time
* really, really greasy
* gene manip. to look like girls (big troll)????

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Making progress with my new army.

Tzaangors are done aside from basing.

First Rubric marine complete also aside from basing. I’m planning to base all models pretty much at the same time.

Apologies for the photo quality, lighting here is terrible and I’m actually having to wear an LED headtorch to be able to paint properly. That being said it’s so nice to paint something other than Necrons.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Loving the gold on that dude

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Is there ever a reason why someone would take wyrdvanes?

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help

jng2058 posted:

Come back and tell us how it went, I'm slightly invested in this now.

So unfortunately we didn't get to have a straight up game, the campaign organiser instead set us a weird little narrative mission where my Mechanicus forces had ambushed the Custodes and had to kill them before they got away. I get one VP for every Custode unit destroyed, Custodes get one VP for every unit they successfully move off the table. Custodes deployed in the centre of a 48x48" board so they only really had to move 20" or so to reach the edge.

Neither of us were really happy with this set of objectives because it meant neither of us really got to do what we wanted to do. I got first turn and it was basically a game of 'how good is my shooting phase' as I unload all my firepower into focus firing individual Custodian units and he makes a bunch of 2+/3++ saves forever. On his turn he charges my Kastelans which are at the board edge with a jetbike, shutting down a lot of my shooting, his Custodian Guard wipe out some Kataphrons and consolidate into my Dominus and get a load of distance out of that.

I did manage to take out 2 Custodian Guard squads mainly with plasma vanguards, my Icarus dunecrawler and the first round of Kastelan shooting, and my Vindicare managed to take out a Shield-Captain in two shots, but his other 3 squads made it off the table so we ended up with a draw. It was a little unsatisfying but I'm gonna play that guy again in a proper battle later, and now I know a little more about what to expect from his army!

Kastelans really are perfect for putting damage on Custodians, with their bucketload of s6 ap-2 shots, and I'm sure in a real battle I can deploy them with enough screening that they get at least two rounds of shooting off. The Vindicare also did good work, although he was unusually lucky with rolling 6s to wound, so I'll need to validate how well he does in other games.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

JBP posted:

Fabius Bile's primaris noteboard; blank but for

* TWO DICKS?
* smells like onion all the time
* really, really greasy
* gene manip. to look like girls (big troll)????

Fabius Bile is Doc Thunder, CONFIRMED

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

goose willis posted:

Is there ever a reason why someone would take wyrdvanes?

Not really.

The theory is that they are more reliable than other psykers but in practice they are a bit shite.

For 63 points you have a squad of 9 dude who knows let's say smite and nightshroud.

For 32 points you can have an astropath that knows the same.

If you use nightshroud the wyrdvanes roll 1D6+3 giving you a range of 4-9 and the astropath rolls 2D6 giving you a range of 2 to 12.

You have to roll 6 or more to manifest the power. This means the wyrdvanes need to roll a 3+ (66%) and the astropath needs to roll 6 or more on two dice (72%).

Deny the witch tests are even worse because you need to equal someone's score on 2D6.

The wyrdvanes are technically more survivable (9 wounds vs 3) but their effectiveness drops as they take wounds anyway. Plus they can be shot from anywhere as they are a unit.

For the same price near enough of 9 wyrdvanes you can get two astropaths who can hide in the middle of your army and deny and cast two powers per turn instead of one.

So basically they are shite. I actually like sanction psykers when they were cheap and a bit random.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Picked up da Red Gobbo today, but since I'z not willin' to spen' morea me teef, I'z not sure I'z got enuff paints da paint the little git. :orks: *cough* I got to GW today to pick up the Red Gobbo, and a painting handle. However, because I spent $50 on this alone, I was reluctant to pick up any paints, and I don't think I have enough to paint him properly. I've got Waagh Flesh, but for lighter green shades, I think I only have Warpstone Glow for the highlight. Would that look weird?

Lord Ludikrous posted:

First Rubric marine complete also aside from basing. I’m planning to base all models pretty much at the same time.

Apologies for the photo quality, lighting here is terrible and I’m actually having to wear an LED headtorch to be able to paint properly. That being said it’s so nice to paint something other than Necrons.

Kitchner posted:

Loving the gold on that dude

I like that gold too. What paints did you use? I have some trouble telling the difference between the gold/brass metallics.