Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The Human Crouton posted:

Why do people have to inject their activism into absolutely everything?

When people actively hate and want to kill you and people like you for existing the struggle pervades every part of your life anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

80s James Hetfield posted:

I think that's how SCG and WOTC are on all events now

oh i missed this, last night's chat was not sub only

they literally did this because people kept saying trans rights

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Why do people have to inject their activism into absolutely everything? It's a card game. Let it be a card game.

why do people want to kill me for existing

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Why do people have to inject their activism into absolutely everything? It's a card game. Let it be a card game.

loving boomer brain rear end dipshit, go climb a wall of dicks

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ItBreathes posted:

Why is X chat sub only? For the same reason SA has a paywall.

no its literally to shut up the flood of people saying trans rights because the majority of people who are subbed to this channel are the ones who are mad at you for saying trans rights in chat, if the actual events of the last day are anything to go by

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Ok boomer.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

actually what Autumn is doing is fine and not at all disruptive. upsetting your poor rear end boomer brain is a good thing

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

The fact that certain people are allowed to exist and do whatever they want and not have to worry about being treated like subhuman garbage is in of itself a result of politics and "activism" carried out on your behalf by the powers that be. So tough poo poo if you have to be uncomfortable for five minutes while someone else without those privileges asserts their humanity and right to exist.

Also eat, and I cannot say this strongly enough, a bag of dicks.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Ah yes the card game about 5 philosophical positions conflicting with each other and mixing together is somehow beyond politics.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

What if I told you that life is political and the very nature of complaining about politics being "injected" into aspects of life is in and of itself a political position?

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Perfect post/avvy combo

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Seems like Burning-Tree Emissary is the broken card here because of how it works in multiples.

lol oath of nissa

agreed, why do terfs have to constantly interject themselves and their hideous beliefs into everything

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Tubgoat posted:

For gaming bags, I recommend checking out your local Goodwill or Salvation Army stores to see what sort of packs and bags they have available and if any of those will suit your needs, as you will pay multiple orders of magnitude less there than you would for a new one and they sometimes have some real treasures lurking.

Whatever you do, don't buy one of those "dedicated gaming bags" because they're literally just camera bags but marked up to be $99 to $199. It's ridiculous.

[edit] Here are some photos of what I keep in my bag. Playmat not pictured because I just forgot, but I roll it up and put it in the tripod holder on the front. 6 EDH decks, notepad, pens, dice, card binder, dice not pictured but also go in there.

Aranan fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Nov 9, 2019

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

So sorry people mentioning they want basic rights has upset you.

gently caress off, stop being a chud.

Crackbone fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Nov 9, 2019

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
"I'm not a chud, I'm not a chud!" I continue to insist as I slowly shrink and transform into a crouton

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Aranan posted:

Whatever you do, don't buy one of those "dedicated gaming bags" because they're literally just camera bags but marked up to be $99 to $199. It's ridiculous.
Agreed, but were you to find a dedicated "gaming" bag at Goodwill, it would be unlikely to excees $20, tops, and you can get a 50% off coupon by donating any old junk to the place, applicable to your purchase that very day.

I found a Grey Ghost satchel at my local for $10, it's supposed to be "tactical," the website suggests strongly it's a chud brand but it's got assloads of compartments and looks dapper as all hell, and is an attractive color. The cheapest I could find it on Amazon was around $150 which is obviously not worth it but at $10, it was a Good Buy.

motedek
Oct 9, 2012
Brawl deck card on camera rn

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Tubgoat posted:

Agreed, but were you to find a dedicated "gaming" bag at Goodwill, it would be unlikely to excees $20, tops, and you can get a 50% off coupon by donating any old junk to the place, applicable to your purchase that very day.

I found a Grey Ghost satchel at my local for $10, it's supposed to be "tactical," the website suggests strongly it's a chud brand but it's got assloads of compartments and looks dapper as all hell, and is an attractive color. The cheapest I could find it on Amazon was around $150 which is obviously not worth it but at $10, it was a Good Buy.

Oh yeah, I meant don't buy any of that stuff new. Obviously getting stuff for dirt cheap at a thrift shop is dope. But failing that, the camera bag I use is $25 brand new so either way don't break the bank finding a way to transport your wizard poker.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I find certain features of UG's ammonite appealing even if very little beyond the internal organization will be useful. And camera bags can do most of those anyway.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

motedek posted:

Brawl deck card on camera rn

If you’re gonna do this, it’d be polite to say the actual card

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Glad Wotc found a solution that allowed all parties to save face

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Koirhor posted:

Glad Wotc found a solution that allowed all parties to save face

It actually hasn't completely allowed wotc to save face because they're still in the position of implicitly saying it's wrong to call out lovely people. This is something that's going to have to be addressed at some point.

It is significantly better than it appeared yesterday, though.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

JerryLee posted:

It is significantly better than it appeared yesterday, though.

Hard disagree

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Aranan posted:

"gently caress I thought had stolen an expensive camera. But all I got were these worthless expensive pieces of cardboard."

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Hellsau posted:

Seems like Burning-Tree Emissary is the broken card here because of how it works in multiples.

Yeah I agree, it's the one that's "free" and what allows the deck to jump so far, even with just one of them. Same as how Felidae Guardian should be banned rather than Saheeli because it's effectively a mistake that it can blink planeswalkers.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

whydirt posted:

Korvold, in a Jund Sacrifice deck. It's getting destroyed by T2 Oko, T3 Oko.

motedek
Oct 9, 2012

whydirt posted:

Sorry, Korvold, Fae-Cursed King. I didn't know they were standard legal, let alone competitive.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

motedek posted:

Sorry, Korvold, Fae-Cursed King. I didn't know they were standard legal, let alone competitive.

Thanks!

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

ScottyJSno posted:

"gently caress I thought had stolen an expensive camera. But all I got were these worthless expensive pieces of cardboard."

I guess that's a risk you have to take. Same for someone stealing a backpack and thinking they're getting a laptop or something. But in reality just keep your bag with you. Mine's either in my office closet, being carried, in my lap on an airplane, or between my feet at an LGS.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

motedek posted:

A draw engine that's also its own wincon by being a big beater.

Of course it's good.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Are we not even watching people who have top 8 contention anymore because of oko?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Sickening posted:

Are we not even watching people who have top 8 contention anymore because of oko?

Some number of X-3 people will be able to make top 8. That's not even particularly unusual for a Pro Tour Mythic Championship.

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Nah, it's different lands. They made them swap out the Terese lands

And if you think that the only reason WotC pulled those lands was her name being scratched out you're high as balls, this is absolutely them trying to save face

Hell, they were showing Autumn when Autumn was 6-5, ie. very far out of Top 8 contention, nor is there some surrounding storyline like Worlds or such around them. You already said it's them trying to save face(poorly and badly), just tossing more context in.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

The best way I heard it said recently is that if you say you want to keep politics out of something, it means that you're unaffected by those political policies and have that luxury. Other's don't have that option and everything is political.

So yeah, stop being a clown.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

oh i missed this, last night's chat was not sub only

they literally did this because people kept saying trans rights

No, they've done it before because having sub-only chat significantly cuts down on all bullshit, which has been very common on all WotC streams

see: free Woo

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

If there's a silver lining to this, WotC's brought a lot more attention to Autumn's lands / Terese Neilson than would have happened if they didn't say anything.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ItBreathes posted:

If there's a silver lining to this, WotC's brought a lot more attention to Autumn's lands / Terese Neilson than would have happened if they didn't say anything.

The Streisand effect: sometimes a force for good

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Going to interrupt sharpiegate (lol) to say that Izzet Ensoul continues to impress the hell out of me in Pioneer. Buy up all the Stonecoil Serpents you can find!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

GoutPatrol posted:

No, they've done it before because having sub-only chat significantly cuts down on all bullshit, which has been very common on all WotC streams

see: free Woo

Okay and they did it this time because people were saying trans rights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Okay and they did it this time because people were saying trans rights

They did it for the last MC for no reason. And?