Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Suddenly glad that I didn't find that Oko starter pack I was looking for the other day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Toshimo posted:

What you are arguing, for equivalency, is that the existence of $100+ artisanal, bespoke kickstarter dice are raising the barrier for entry to TTRPGs, though.

So the nitpicking about Card prices wasn't even like....top 3 arguments being had in right now and you're really focusing on the least important bit of the whole discussion.

Mush brain.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Anyway, let's get back to the important part of the conversation: WotC backed down, apparently.

https://twitter.com/AutumnLilyMTG/status/1193235842363482112

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I was, apparently wrong: The bell could be unrung.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Toshimo posted:

Still not a Trans issue though huh?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

King of Solomon posted:

Anyway, let's get back to the important part of the conversation: WotC backed down, apparently.

https://twitter.com/AutumnLilyMTG/status/1193235842363482112

Halfway, because calling out Terese Nielsen for being a shithead was half of it

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Toshimo posted:

Let's talk about it being a trans issue you loving coward

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Halfway, because calling out Terese Nielsen for being a shithead was half of it

Right, yeah, that's definitely part of it.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Toshimo posted:

So, still going to hold to this not being a trans issue, coward?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Unironically about to rebuy plat so I can report him for refusing to address criticism of the blatantly stupid and privileged poo poo he said

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Toshimo posted:

Hey could you stop ignoring everyone and explain how this isn't a trans issue? I'm really curious how you got to that conclusion

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

PinheadSlim posted:

Hey could you stop ignoring everyone and explain how this isn't a trans issue? I'm really curious how you got to that conclusion

First of all he's a dipshit, second of all, he poo poo his pants at a waffle House during Origins,

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

First of all he's a dipshit, second of all, he poo poo his pants at a waffle House during Origins,

okay hang on for a moment

I've played games on the forums with Toshimo, and we've had Zak sockpuppets on the forums before

He's being an idiot but he's not Zak

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Arivia posted:

okay hang on for a moment

I've played games on the forums with Toshimo, and we've had Zak sockpuppets on the forums before

He's being an idiot but he's not Zak

No I know, if he was Zak he would have poo poo his pants at Chick-fil-A during gencon, Zak would never go to waffle house

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I.. I don’t see how anyone could see a trans magic player defacing cards whose art was made by a terf as anything besides a trans/terf issue? Like... how? How can you? I don’t understand the thought processes at work that could allow it to happen. Please, someone enlighten me how someone that can that privileged and ignorant.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Meinberg posted:

I.. I don’t see how anyone could see a trans magic player defacing cards whose art was made by a terf as anything besides a trans/terf issue? Like... how? How can you? I don’t understand the thought processes at work that could allow it to happen. Please, someone enlighten me how someone that can that privileged and ignorant.

He's an idiot.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

He's an idiot.

Ooohhhh okay

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Toshimo posted:

(b) Autumn has poisoned the optics by conflating it with the terf/trans messaging. And, of course, people are ready and willing to buy into the latter narrative without considering the former.
How is it poisoning to make it about literally the only thing it is about? WotC should not do business with a TERF for the same reason they shouldn't give Harold McNeill, a literal Nazi, any new work and haven't since 1997.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I hear if you start giving bad advice in the MTG Commander thread, Toshimo cannot help but reply.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Slick move by WotC. Allow alters with trans/"gently caress terf" messaging, ban alters that attack their contractors.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

A contractor who should be attacked.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CitizenKeen posted:

Slick move by WotC. Allow alters with trans/"gently caress terf" messaging, ban alters that attack their contractors.

the contractor is a terf

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

there is no Waffle House near Origins, it's an artisanal Belgian waffle kiosk in the local farmer's market

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mors Rattus posted:

there is no Waffle House near Origins, it's an artisanal Belgian waffle kiosk in the local farmer's market

i heard he likes temple of the false god

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
I am very upset by the implication that Waffle House is somehow inferior to Chick-fil-A.

Monokeros deAstris
Nov 7, 2006
which means Magical Space Unicorn

You know, that was the most gentle callout I could possibly have posted, and they could have stopped at

Toshimo posted:

I think having a full picture of what's going on is important.
and kept some amount of plausible deniability. But transphobes, like Nazis, just can't shut the gently caress up about their lovely opinions. All they need is the barest excuse, and I feel pretty good about giving it to them. Now I can increase my ignore list by one.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ManMythLegend posted:

I am very upset by the implication that Waffle House is somehow inferior to Chick-fil-A.

Yeah Dickeye you and I usually agree but I will not besmirch one of the few good things in the American South.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah Dickeye you and I usually agree but I will not besmirch one of the few good things in the American South.

I've never eaten at either despite living in NC for a few years it was just the first food establishment I could think of

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I've never eaten at either despite living in NC for a few years it was just the first food establishment I could think of

It's one of the few places you can get a decent waffle and it's open 24/7 and usually staffed by chill people so even on the absolute worst day of your life you can get a decent half-drunk meal and cup of coffee.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Waffle House is the epitome of the traditional American greasy spoon and I'm incredibly sad that we haven't had one in this area for decades. It's part of our GenCon trip every year now, at least.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's one of the few places you can get a decent waffle and it's open 24/7 and usually staffed by chill people so even on the absolute worst day of your life you can get a decent half-drunk meal and cup of coffee.

Their hash browns are simultaneously extremely mediocre and life-sustaining on a primal level.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
One of the best premises for a post-apocalyptic TTRPG I've ever heard is the one where you're a group based out of a waffle house, and your goal is to keep it open.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

the contractor is a terf

I'm aware of who the contractor is, and gently caress terfs.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Stephenls posted:

One of the best premises for a post-apocalyptic TTRPG I've ever heard is the one where you're a group based out of a waffle house, and your goal is to keep it open.
You can play this for real every hurricane season.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Stephenls posted:

I desperately want this game.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Zurui posted:

I desperately want this game.

:same:

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Folks who are unaware of the gag, Waffle House is so well known for staying open in conditions everyone else closes for that disaster preparedness experts actually pay attention to it.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I'll just drop this here for context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n5VYO_gitw

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

mllaneza posted:

I'll just drop this here for context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n5VYO_gitw

It's a Blessed Place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS
So is this contractor still getting work from WOTC, or has her shittiness just come to light recently? Was thinking about getting some 4e pdfs, but I'd rather not toss (admittedly piddling) money to WOTC if they're tossing work to known bigots.