Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Tainen posted:

coming soon to houses all over Eorzia thanks to the latest design contest

The rest of the winners
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/354fe9e1fcbe09dd8d49241b4f6aeb21e8a45a2d

I got all excited about putting this in my house, but the site says the actual prize for winning is a Cloud haircut and that "If an entry is deemed to be excellent, Square Enix may decide to implement it into the game in the future. Note that there is no guarantee that winning entries will be implemented into the game." This one is clearly excellent though, so here's hoping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

:psyduck:

3.55: So apparently FF14 just decided to swap out an FMV and instead of Omega vs Ilberd's dragon it was Godzilla versus Gamera.

(that was so cool omg)

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yes it was very cool

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

One of their members has a.. name that is probably a TOS violation. Yikes.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

One of their members has a.. name that is probably a TOS violation. Yikes.

What do you mean?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

StrixNebulosa posted:

What do you mean?

Let's just say it's a misspelling of Boku no Pico and if you don't know what that is maybe don't look it up.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

Let's just say it's a misspelling of Boku no Pico and if you don't know what that is maybe don't look it up.

Oh! Uh. I think I've been on the internet too long.

e: which is to say that I've seen it, and seeing its name didn't even phase me. The scars run deep. :negative:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

StrixNebulosa posted:

:psyduck:

3.55: So apparently FF14 just decided to swap out an FMV and instead of Omega vs Ilberd's dragon it was Godzilla versus Gamera.

(that was so cool omg)

Both of them are superbosses from Final Fantasy V.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
For some reason audio did not play for me when that cutscene happened

kind of ruined a lot of the effect

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

3.55 complete! Credits playing now. This isn't as strong a transition into the next expansion as the dramatic shift into HW, but it's cool nonetheless, and I'm eager to see where the story's going.

...I also really need to level SAM and do some thinking and decide if I want to main Monk, SAM or NIN for now, or stick with DRG. Or ignore the theming entirely and be a BLM. Hmm.

I've also left a bunch of things undone - bonus dungeons, Void Ark, and all of my crafters are in their 20s. But that's okay. Game big, and I'll continue at my own pace.

So, last question: what's the accepted short-hand for Stormblood? SB? ShB? I've been confused by Shadowbringers.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

StrixNebulosa posted:

So, last question: what's the accepted short-hand for Stormblood? SB? ShB? I've been confused by Shadowbringers.

Just SB. ShB is for Shadowbringers.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Tainen posted:

coming soon to houses all over Eorzia thanks to the latest design contest

This is exactly what my fetish dungeon house needed!

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

StrixNebulosa posted:

or stick with DRG.

Always this. You'll get super saiyan 2 soon!

And you can go with either SB or StB. Shadowbringers is ShB or SB2.

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
This game came out of the blue for me, bought a ps4, first console since SNES and like oh, i can play a mmo on it, whatever. After a while, really enjoying how smooth the controls are for a MMO with so many skills on a controller. Game that could keep my attention the most, being a PC player. If someone feels like running dungeons on primal/exodus hit me up, IGN is Sacha Minette. Got a 57 WAR but enjoying this WHM im building up since yesterday, so i can alternate MSQ between them a bit. Also enjoying the alternative leveling with POTD and roulettes.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
So people are talking about cutscene voice acting, my cutscenes voice acting sounds like its at the end of a very long tunnel. Is there a way to fix this?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Speculation based on the Stormblood trailer: there's no single focused plot to SB, huh. Or rather the overall theme is "fight empire, free Asia, go to cool Asian locales". Whereas HW had the focused "we are here to stop a war" thing. I've heard that this pack isn't as good as the others, but it also handles these complex themes well, so I'm going in with curious expectations.

...also yeah while that trailer was pretty it didn't have the same blood-pumping urgency of the HW one, so okay. Ah well. Onwards!

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Zeruel posted:

So people are talking about cutscene voice acting, my cutscenes voice acting sounds like its at the end of a very long tunnel. Is there a way to fix this?

Get closer.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Zeruel posted:

You might just have to gently caress with the volume balance in the system settings, I remember the defaults being pretty iffy

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

StrixNebulosa posted:

Speculation based on the Stormblood trailer: there's no single focused plot to SB, huh. Or rather the overall theme is "fight empire, free Asia, go to cool Asian locales". Whereas HW had the focused "we are here to stop a war" thing. I've heard that this pack isn't as good as the others, but it also handles these complex themes well, so I'm going in with curious expectations.

...also yeah while that trailer was pretty it didn't have the same blood-pumping urgency of the HW one, so okay. Ah well. Onwards!

It literally talks about a storm of blood :v: (born from blood, of our fallen brothers)

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It literally talks about a storm of blood :v: (born from blood, of our fallen brothers)

yeah yeah

man, after rewatching the Stormblood trailer I'd say it was made by weaboos if squeenix weren't, y'know

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

You absolutely do not have to do this. Just buy them off the market board.

I mention the market board right in that post, I'm talking from the perspective of a poor

As I mentioned in the ranking, comparatively when I go onto the market board they're sold at a far higher markup and they're sold in useless giganto-bundles when each recipe calls for like one or two and each recipe asks for something different, it's far more annoying

Phone posted:

if you're on excal just ask goons... a good number of us have materia stockpiles...

:aaa:

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009
Just elfposting.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Not kidding.

This is just what I had on me, if I didn't aggressively flush materia to Mutamix, it'd be even worse.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Like this is what I'm seeing on the markets for a basic raw material for LTW, for equivalent-level wood or ore I can just go and collect it myself in a few minutes and they are on the market for 1/2 to 2/3 the cost

What's this about switching servers for the market, though? I just noticed that listing an item on the market it tells me that it's in Ishgard's or Gridania's markets... these market boards aren't city-specific are they

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What's this about switching servers for the market, though? I just noticed that listing an item on the market it tells me that it's in Ishgard's or Gridania's markets... these market boards aren't city-specific are they
In the three main city-states (Gridania, Ul'dah, and Limsa Lominsa), at the main aetheryte you can choose to visit a different world on your datacenter. This allows you to do things like buy from their market boards (which are local to each world).

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Like this is what I'm seeing on the markets for a basic raw material for LTW, for equivalent-level wood or ore I can just go and collect it myself in a few minutes and they are on the market for 1/2 to 2/3 the cost

They're not city-specific.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

They're not city-specific, no. Any market board shows everything for sale by anyone on your world. As said above, though, you can visit other worlds and you'll see their marketboard while you're there.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
You pay a fee/tax if you buy an item from a retainer not in the city your marketboard is.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

MB has a sale tax that's based on where your retainer is based from, there's a standard and then discounted rate, discount is usually for the newest expansion city, so crystarium is where you want to park your retainers if you care about that.

There's another purchase tax that's applied if you buy from a retainer that's not based on the city you're making the purchase from, if you care about that, you can port around, for anything with a non-trivial price this can shave off a lot of gil.

Server switching can be done at the main aetheryte of the 3 starter cities, you can then use their MB and check for lower prices (can't sell there though since your retainers are based on your home server and can't be accessed while world hopping).

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Playing with gpose for the first time :toot: This is a children's storybook, titled "The Warrior of Light goes to a Dravanian library".

The Warrior is very surprised at this big, burnt book. Who reads from a book this large?

Oh joy of joys, a big ominous wall of books with chains on it.

No, she's not not being sarcastic. This is an exciting find!

This miqo'te is concerned. What... is this?

It's... a book. A big book, with arms and lips, and I think it wants to kill me?

No good books to bring home to read, and the Warrior of Light had to fight a giant book. It wasn't a total waste, she found a buddy!

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Late to the party but E3S cleared! :woop:

E4S is gonna be fun.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Both of them are superbosses from Final Fantasy V.

As an FFV superfan, I was marking the hell out for that cutscene.It's just absurdly great fanservice.

Also: After doing the Copied Factory literally every day since it came out, I finally lucked out and received Great Power.

...now I don't know what to do in my dailies.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So is there anything else you should be doing in pvp besides "take the points, beat up other teams"? It seems like some maps have other objectives, but it's never really clear to me which one has what. Maybe just because I haven't played a lot of pvp.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
Won the Nier coffer on my first go without even knowing what was in it. All's right with the world.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So is there anything else you should be doing in pvp besides "take the points, beat up other teams"? It seems like some maps have other objectives, but it's never really clear to me which one has what. Maybe just because I haven't played a lot of pvp.

Rip up the objectives and move in a group. Only fight if you have to, and only if you're pretty sure you can win. Actual priorities vary depending on the map, though.

For example, today is the Borderland Ruins. The nodes that spawn in the center are huge priorities, and ideally someone on your team should be calling out when to go there (although these days the map also shows when stuff like that will spawn). After that, take the points around the perimeter of the map. Sometimes you have smaller teams of people that let the rest of their group do the center nodes while they go cap points when everyone's busy, which tends to work well, but doesn't always happen.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

StrixNebulosa posted:

or stick with DRG.

This, DRG finally gets satisfying in Stormblood I swear!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My strategy is to just go where more people are going.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You can also call your team idiots for constantly attacking the second place team, allowing the first place team to cruise to victory almost uncontested.

That's what I do most of the time.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

TopHatGenius posted:

Late to the party but E3S cleared! :woop:

E4S is gonna be fun.

good luck! my static only got to practice titan ~90 minutes a week so it took us a few lockouts but we found that phase 1 was much harder than phase 2, which was much harder than phase 3. so once you start hitting phase 2 reliably it'll probably be smooth sailing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Fister Roboto posted:

You can also call your team idiots for constantly attacking the second place team, allowing the first place team to cruise to victory almost uncontested.

That's what I do most of the time.

You could also just read a book and glance up occasionally to see if it’s over.

That’s what I do most of the time.