Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Recount delayed it by 12 hours while they sent the count team home to sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The real question is: who's letting that lady drink while she's counting?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson's push for an election – Jeremy Corbyn has said an election on 12 December would be “really odd so near Christmas” as he made it clear Labour would not vote to go to the polls until Boris Johnson ruled out a no-deal Brexit"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Millais.

The i paper:

Times:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... John Humphrys becoming a guest presenter on Classic FM

‘I knew John Humphrys would take time adapting to Classic FM...’

Stephen Collins:

Guardian Australian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Boris Johnson's grotto – Santa and his little helper offer some unsavoury gifts for Christmas"

Sunday Telegraph:

England dethrone New Zealand to reach Rugby World Cup final

Matt:

Independent on Sunday:

Sunday Times:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The telegraph is up for sale. Matt cartoons might not be long for the world once the new regime gets hold of it.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on another attempt by the PM to hold an early election – The government may try to force an election via a parliamentary bill"

Telegraph:

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi killed in US raid, Trump confirms

Matt:

Jeremy Corbyn keeps door open to backing December election

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

After Salvador Dalí.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the EU agreeing a Brexit extension – The EU has agreed to a Brexit extension to 31 January 2020, with the option for the UK to leave earlier if a deal is ratified, clearing the way for opposition parties to back a general election"

Telegraph:

Matt:

MPs poised to vote through plan for December election

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Grenfell inquiry finds fewer people would have died if fire brigade was better prepared

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Britain's impending election

David Squires:

And a link to who these people are: here.

Under 18? Under 30? Think you can do better than this lot? Here's your chance to prove it!
https://twitter.com/PrivateEyeNews/status/1188761898281525252
Goon Good luck to those that enter!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Your chance to be judged by Paul Thomas.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

goatface posted:

Your chance to be judged by Paul Thomas.
Just stick a "Margaret Thatcher" label on a poorly-traced heron and he'll vote for you :v:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Brexit: Parliament breaks deadlock with vote for 12 December election

:siren::yaybutt::siren: It's On!!!!! :siren::yaybutt::siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nkuxVZ0qPE

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson and the December election – Boris Johnson said a general election was needed to deal with the Brexit issue"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Lmao

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:spooky:

Ghouldian:

"Steve Bell on the Grenfell Tower inquiry outcome – Inquiry criticises ‘stay put’ tactics and apparent lack of preparation and construction materials"

Terrorgraph:

After Bob.

Matt-Attack:

In-de-pee'd-pants

After JW Waterhouse.

End Times:

Eviling Standarrgh:

Maul Paul Thomas, Successful Political Cartoonist:
PAUL THOMAS on... Halloween horror

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Jeremy Corbyn as he launches Labour's manifesto – Campaigning gets under way for the general election with Corbyn declining to say if he would quit if he loses" After Gillray.

Telegraph:

Matt:

Rugby World Cup 2019: England look calm before final storm: expect South Africa to provide one

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Boris Johnson dismisses Trump and Farage's suggestion of pact with the Brexit party – video

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... new ban on mobiles at wheel

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
One of those Thomas cartoons where I'm not sure who's side I'm supposed to be on.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Donald Trump's advice to Farage and Johnson – The US president has said the Brexit party leader ought to pair up with the PM to create an ‘unstoppable force’"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Barraud.

The i paper:

After The Human Centipede.

Times:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... England's Rugby World Cup final

Stephen Collins:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Hahahahahaha! Good on yer, Thomas! Women are nags! Hahahahaha! It's so true!

gently caress off.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Special relationships… Trump, Johnson, Farage – Who is benefiting most from the US president’s intervention in the general election?"

Sunday Telegraph:

Rugby World Cup: South Africa surge to glory as England fall short

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Nigel Farage's offer to Boris Johnson – Nigel Farage has announced he will not make an eighth attempt to become an MP in December’s general election"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Tories' attempt to become the party of the NHS – Boris Johnson has taken the election battle on to what is traditionally Labour’s patch"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

David Squires:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Can't wait for more election cartoons from Blower and Adams. They're going to age like milk.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Can't wait for more election cartoons from Blower and Adams. They're going to age like miwk.

Fixed

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Can't wait for more election cartoons from Blower and Adams. They're going to age like milk.

at least there's no Mac this time round!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Jacob Rees-Mogg's comments on the Grenfell Tower fire – Jacob Rees-Mogg has attempted to draw a line under his remarks stating that the victims of the Grenfell Tower fire lacked ‘common sense’"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

PM accused of cover-up over report on Russian meddling in UK politics

Times:

Evening Standard:

Queen follows fashion's lead in going fur-free

-----

:yaybutt::siren::ducksiren::siren::yayclod: EVEN MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE ELECTION NEWS!!!!! :yayclod::siren::ducksiren::siren::yaybutt:
It's time for the Ellwood Atfield Political Cartoon Of The Year Award 2019! Voting has already begun! Click this link, look at the cartoons submitted (many from people I don't post here!), select your fave and follow the instructions to cast your vote.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

The Flawless Tory Campaign Launch. this cartoon has aged brilliantly in less than a day

Cloud Potato posted:

:yaybutt::siren::ducksiren::siren::yayclod: EVEN MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE ELECTION NEWS!!!!! :yayclod::siren::ducksiren::siren::yaybutt:
It's time for the Ellwood Atfield Political Cartoon Of The Year Award 2019! Voting has already begun! Click this link, look at the cartoons submitted (many from people I don't post here!), select your fave and follow the instructions to cast your vote.

I keep on being disappointed by the cartoon quality in these but this one wasn't as bad as normal. still think they should ask us thread posters to compile the shortlist instead.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Angepain posted:

The Flawless Tory Campaign Launch. this cartoon has aged brilliantly in less than a day

Just needs someone to photoshop an explosion over the front half of the Tory launch and it'd be right

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Hillary 2020 posted:

Just needs someone to photoshop an explosion over the front half of the Tory launch and it'd be right

More like a giant iceberg that it launched straight into like a loving dart.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
If things keep going this well for the tories, Blower's cartoons are going to end up an incredible distance from reality :v:

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
There has to be a joke or hidden meaning in the fact the flag on the blue boat is operating in direct opposition to the known laws of physics. Something about going backwards ? I dunno :shrug: .

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The meaning is Blower is a bad artist

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It just needs the flag replacing with Britain First's.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson and the Queen – The prime minister gave an address to the nation outside No 10 after visiting the Queen following the dissolution of parliament"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Tom Watson quits as Labour deputy leader and steps down as MP

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Ah yes the venus billionaire trap

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson's election woes – The prime minister’s general election campaign has got off to a shaky start after a series of gaffes by senior Conservative ministers"

Telegraph:

Tom Watson quits as Labour deputy leader and steps down as MP

Matt:

Woman dies as floods devastate Midlands and north of England

Independent:

Times:

Two former Labour MPs urge voters to back Boris Johnson

Evening Standard:

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
As much as Watson's a shithead I think bringing his weight into this is uncalled for.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Johnson's promise to post-Brexit Northern Ireland – ‘The idea that Tayto crisps from Tandragee are going to be vetted by some process is just nonsense,’ the prime minister said"

Telegraph:

Scottish independence vote is price for support, SNP warns Labour

Matt:

Self-partnered: the sudden, surprising rise of the single positivity movement

Independent:

After Chardin.

The i paper:

Times:

After Michael Fish.

Stephen Collins:

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I haven't followed this thread in a while, but didn't Paul Thomas retire? Wasn't he doing books about tattoos instead? Was that just a beautiful dream? and most pressingly of all is he still hiding animals in his cartoons so I can pretend they're just poo poo where's wallys???

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He was fired from the Express, then after a period in the wilderness was hired by the Mail when Mac retired. He does not appear to be doing the animal hiding this time round.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
at least mac is gone I guess, good loving riddance.

maybe P Tom just got really good at hiding the animals, did you think about that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
That Collins is fuckin' fantastic, I bet that went down well with Guardian readers :v: