Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

My hopes for Build Divers Re Rise building up to something good are getting dimmer with every episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

cave emperor posted:

New season of Chihayafuru is really good. Anyone know how long they're to going to continue releasing two episodes per week?

Not anymore. Only 2/3 and 4/5 were released together.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Tamba posted:

The first 3 episodes already felt quite rushed, but the next arc is even worse. They seriously crammed a full volume of the source novel into two episodes.
I'm actually specifically talking about the first three, cause that's all I got to. Unless they cut a huge amount of stuff, stretching that content out would honestly kill any enjoyment I had. The fast good pacing was really the best part.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Is there no thread for Psycho Pass S3, or am I just blind? I want to discuss that fun show that's totally ridden the coattails of a really good first season, but which I still really enjoy.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

the fanservice of being in a giant goofy kigurumi
there's like 3 levels of meta in there, i love it

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

NowonSA posted:

Is there no thread for Psycho Pass S3, or am I just blind? I want to discuss that fun show that's totally ridden the coattails of a really good first season, but which I still really enjoy.

:justpost:

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Is No Guns Life still a trainwreck? I'm kinda scared to look after seeing what a mess it was last week.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
last week? the trainwreck happened at the end of episode 1

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Maxwell Adams posted:

Is No Guns Life still a trainwreck? I'm kinda scared to look after seeing what a mess it was last week.

It's okay IMO.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
could be neat
https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1192966280896229376?s=20

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Granblue Fantasy running an OAV from season 1 this week as a Halloween Episode struck me as funny but won me over cause Halloween Cagliostro

(Also Djeeta still running Whale team get wrecked Gran)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Psycho Pass S3 is a marked improvement over S2, which suffered from being mostly just a worse version of S1. I feel like they're retconning just how effective Sibyl is at detecting criminals but I guess that's kind of necessary if you want to do anything with the setting other than rehash the plot of S1.

Also just as I was wondering what happened to Yayoi, she's back. :toot:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Is that in the preview for next episode? I didn't see her in episode 3.

I liked S2 more than most, it had some really interesting ideas in it here and there. The main downer for me was that Kogami wasn't around. I need to check out more movies to see how Kogami and Ginoza ended up as super special agents (and I love the touch that the dominator straight up refuses to read their hues). Gotta catch up on Tsunemori too, though just her actions in the first movie are enough to get her locked up I think she's more there because of went down in another movie. I'm digging these new inspectors, though the enforcers still need to grow on me.

I doubt anything is going to top S1 with all the cool worldbuilding and reveals it featured, but this is a setting I think I'll always be game to dive back into, even if I don't always get to see my favorite characters. I'd definitely be down for a final season where everyone gets together and brings down Sibyl, with Akane's hand-picked inspector taking cases and her building up her manifesto somewhere who knows, maybe that's in the works for this season.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

NowonSA posted:

Is that in the preview for next episode? I didn't see her in episode 3.

I liked S2 more than most, it had some really interesting ideas in it here and there. The main downer for me was that Kogami wasn't around. I need to check out more movies to see how Kogami and Ginoza ended up as super special agents (and I love the touch that the dominator straight up refuses to read their hues). Gotta catch up on Tsunemori too, though just her actions in the first movie are enough to get her locked up I think she's more there because of went down in another movie. I'm digging these new inspectors, though the enforcers still need to grow on me.

I doubt anything is going to top S1 with all the cool worldbuilding and reveals it featured, but this is a setting I think I'll always be game to dive back into, even if I don't always get to see my favorite characters. I'd definitely be down for a final season where everyone gets together and brings down Sibyl, with Akane's hand-picked inspector taking cases and her building up her manifesto somewhere who knows, maybe that's in the works for this season.

Are the 3 movies that came out before S3 require watch for S3?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

The Colonel posted:

i'm going to loving obliterate the word "waifu" in an ultrafurnace that hits 1000k degrees and launch its ashes into outer space in a rocket that will implode at soon as it reaches the outer limits of the universe so that i never have to read people using it to ironically refer to female characters in a piece of fiction ever again

I just say "Waffu"

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Waffle

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Meme Emulator posted:

I just say "Waffu"

*Borat voice* My Waff

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Where do waifu derivatives like raifu go in this new world order?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

one joke forum

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
did anybody understand the point of what i loving said

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The Colonel posted:

i'm going to loving obliterate the word "waifu" in an ultrafurnace that hits 1000k degrees and launch its ashes into outer space in a rocket that will implode at soon as it reaches the outer limits of the universe so that i never have to read people using it to ironically refer to female characters in a piece of fiction ever again
:frogout:

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Nov 9, 2019

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

nah.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
I'm sick of ironic waifu talk too. It's time to lay your cards on the table, folks. Are you now, or have you ever been fantasy married to Haruhi Suzumiya??

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Randallteal posted:

I'm sick of ironic waifu talk too. It's time to lay your cards on the table, folks. Are you now, or have you ever been fantasy married to Haruhi Suzumiya??
Nah. To Senjougahara. And Echidona.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
some day mankind will be able to discuss female characters in media without making me feel like i'm having a migraine

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dont act like you can order others how to tlak

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

so the replacement of a japanese term by an equivalant from the dominant cultural force of the world, typical colonialist ‘progress’ once again

*nods solemnly*

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Davincie posted:

dont act like you can order others how to tlak

lol

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

psyer posted:

Are the 3 movies that came out before S3 require watch for S3?

I'm keeping up pretty well having only caught one of them and the big movie they did some time ago. I'm sure it would help clue you in on what's up with the already existing characters, but they don't seem necessary to the story of the current detectives and enforcers.

You know the basics of the current situation of past major characters after the first two episodes, I'm just waiting to catch the movies to hopefully be clued in on how they ended up where they have. They're very much in the background now but I'm hoping they play a big role in the season finale.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
i remain disappointed that it doesn't seem like Grand Blue is getting a season 2. I would like more scubadrinking comedy

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

NowonSA posted:

I'm keeping up pretty well having only caught one of them and the big movie they did some time ago. I'm sure it would help clue you in on what's up with the already existing characters, but they don't seem necessary to the story of the current detectives and enforcers.

You know the basics of the current situation of past major characters after the first two episodes, I'm just waiting to catch the movies to hopefully be clued in on how they ended up where they have. They're very much in the background now but I'm hoping they play a big role in the season finale.

The movies do introduce Frederica, the Foreign Affairs lady who seems like she'll be pretty important to the season. Haven't watched ep 3 yet tho.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

So I hear there's a "problem" with the Konosuba movie.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

You could just say whatever it is instead of vaguing.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

So I hear there's a "problem" with the Konosuba movie.

:yikes:

(It's transphobia)

It seems the antagonist is explicitly trans and treated with revulsion because of male genitalia

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

They aren't trans, they are intersex, which is different.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
that's... still really stupid lol

honestly i'm not sure which would be worse

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 10, 2019

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Certainly not thrilled by that KonoSuba news, but I've come to expect that to be how it goes for anything coming out of Japan, anime included.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

NowonSA posted:

Certainly not thrilled by that KonoSuba news, but I've come to expect that to be how it goes for anything coming out of Japan, anime included.

you shouldn't, because there is a growing number of japanese media that treats subjects regarding sexuality and personal identity and image with a fair amount of care, and there are social movements for discussion of these topics in the country and visible progress on those fronts, so media that continues to use these things as lovely jokes is bad and shouldn't be viewed as the norm to judge the entire country by automatically.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

NowonSA posted:

Astra lost in space had an intersex character and wasn't lovely about it, we can and should expect better from anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

NowonSA posted:

This is kinda racist actually