Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Laterite posted:

Kids today, and I cannot stress this enough, absolutely do not give a gently caress about Star Wars in the slightest.

The clearance bins in Walmart would seem to agree with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
They called the guy who was a loner Solo

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

“My name is Luke Skywalker, I’m here to rescue you!”
*Poochie floats up into the clouds*

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Laterite posted:

Kids today, and I cannot stress this enough, absolutely do not give a gently caress about Star Wars in the slightest.

They're made for 30 year old children.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I've been calling that they would give Rose the Jar Jar treatment and shuffle her quietly off the stage since TLJ came out. No one liked her but so Disney can pretend they didn't bet big on a bad character (And avoid admitting the racists and sexists kinda got what they wanted) so they'll have her in the background of one scene and Poe says "And Rose will stay behind to guard the base" And we don't see her again till Ewok Party 2.0

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Chomp8645 posted:

On which one of them?

Both of them. Porgs for all.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

So some article just came out that says there's three cuts of the new movie and they all suck rear end.
The one that sucks the LEAST rear end is done by George Lucas himself and introduces a "secret Skywalker"after a major reshoot of the second and third acts of the film.
Per this particular article the initial second and third acts scored a 12 and 4 out of 100 with test audiences initially, lol

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Big Beef City posted:

So some article just came out that says there's three cuts of the new movie and they all suck rear end.
The one that sucks the LEAST rear end is done by George Lucas himself and introduces a "secret Skywalker"after a major reshoot of the second and third acts of the film.
Per this particular article the initial second and third acts scored a 12 and 4 out of 100 with test audiences initially, lol

Nice link.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Big Beef City posted:

Chomp8645 posted:

Nice link.

https://cosmicbook.news/george-lucas-saving-star-wars-test-screenings-disaster

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Fine you big dumb baby

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I wouldn't put it past Disney to completely cock all this up yet again, but I'd take that report with a huge fuckin helping of salt. The Youtuber being sourced is a right-wing culture warrior freak with a whole shed of axes to grind against anything vaguely resembling a woman

yikes

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
The loving idea George Lucas could save anything at all had me howling

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"Needs more cgi Mark Hammil"
... Yeah but he's still alive, George, we can just hire him to...
"... MORE cgi Hammil, I said"

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Big Beef City posted:

"Needs more cgi Mark Hammil"
... Yeah but he's still alive, George, we can just hire him to...
"... MORE cgi Hammil, I said"

from the article:

quote:

It's claimed that Iger also ordered in Anakin and Luke in the flesh (Youtuber has no idea what that means).

you might be on to something here

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah having read the article in full now I'm 99% sure it's bullshit incel fantasy. "Kathleen Kennedy gets humiliated when everyone laughs at Rey effortlessly stomping Sheev in the climax and the Consumers reject the Woke PC Agenda by assigning a grade in the single digits" is such an obvious tell

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

PyPy posted:

They called the guy who was a loner Solo

They called the guy who is gone by Episode 4 Qui-gon
(qui means who in Spanish/French)

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

How many of you have porg toys on your desk?? loving shame on you. Shame on all of you.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

curious pawg, plays with toys

Barudak
May 7, 2007

KFC should have had a Porg Bucket

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Xaintrailles posted:

They called the guy who is gone by Episode 4 Qui-gon
(qui means who in Spanish/French)

The pronounciation isn't even close.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

I wouldn't put it past Disney to completely cock all this up yet again, but I'd take that report with a huge fuckin helping of salt. The Youtuber being sourced is a right-wing culture warrior freak with a whole shed of axes to grind against anything vaguely resembling a woman

yikes

He may be a massive rear end in a top hat but he's not wrong about the lovely toys no one wants.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Randarkman posted:

The pronounciation isn't even close.

You've never heard Lucas trying to talk French.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

super sweet best pal posted:

He may be a massive rear end in a top hat but he's not wrong about the lovely toys no one wants.

There's a big delta between "saw something at a Walmart" and "despite being a total nobody claims to have insider information that falls perfectly in-line with his reactionary worldview"

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

When you drink a big glass if milk do you sometimes pretend it's fresh creamy wallrus milk that you just squeezed out of huge warm walrus udders?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

GABA ghoul posted:

When you drink a big glass if milk do you sometimes pretend it's fresh creamy wallrus milk that you just squeezed out of huge warm walrus udders?

Long before Star Wars made my dreams reality, friend

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Isn't the ending spoiled in the trailer already? Rylo and Key swing both in sync and Emperor blows up into chunks.

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

Hob_Gadling posted:

Isn't the ending spoiled in the trailer already? Rylo and Key swing both in sync and Emperor blows up into chunks.

Don't expect anything in the trailer to actually be in the movie.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The emperor will turn out to be a good guy and he and Yoda's force ghost will team up to defeat Darth mauls force ghost while Rey stands there sweating dramatically

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

Voting Floater posted:

Don't expect anything in the trailer to actually be in the movie.

You mean the movie won't have Palpatine in midget Vader armor? But that's the best part!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I think they stole that from blizzerd

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Yeah having read the article in full now I'm 99% sure it's bullshit incel fantasy. "Kathleen Kennedy gets humiliated when everyone laughs at Rey effortlessly stomping Sheev in the climax and the Consumers reject the Woke PC Agenda by assigning a grade in the single digits" is such an obvious tell

and that consumer's name...was John Galt

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

First gave the neckbeards the bland nostalgia goo and they didn't like it. Next tried some spices, something new and different, and they hated it even more. Now it's back to bland nostalgia goo( hey it's that guy from that thing, remember him?) and they hate it even more than the first goo. Damned if you do, damned if you don'

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

GABA ghoul posted:

First gave the neckbeards the bland nostalgia goo and they didn't like it. Next tried some spices, something new and different, and they hated it even more. Now it's back to bland nostalgia goo( hey it's that guy from that thing, remember him?) and they hate it even more than the first goo. Damned if you do, damned if you don'

Or they could have made them not be hot garbage

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
In order to fix Star Wars, we must first burn down capitalism so the corporations won't piss all over human rights to pander to toxic shitfucks of all nationalities just because they have more money.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I was doing that anyway

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I think this clusterfuck is good for the overall of humanity cause when the mega franchises become just as risky as making new creative content we might see companies investing more into new content.

But, lmao, who am I kidding this is gonna make at least a billion $ when they Photoshop out all the black people and then poo poo it out in the Chinese theaters

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

GABA ghoul posted:

I think this clusterfuck is good for the overall of humanity cause when the mega franchises become just as risky as making new creative content we might see companies investing more into new content.

But, lmao, who am I kidding this is gonna make at least a billion $ when they Photoshop out all the black people and then poo poo it out in the Chinese theaters

China isn't watching them either.
Star Wars was banned in the 70s and 80s, so there is very little nostalgic factor in china to go to see them.
Remember they had to rename 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' to 'Ranger Solo' as they wouldn't know who the gently caress Han Solo is.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Laterite posted:

my nephew used to love star wars. he would dress in a jedi costume for days on end when he was a kid. but after seeing what Disney did he no longer gives two fucks about star wars. they killed it, disney is 100% to blame.

his favorite movie is Episode 2, he was more nostalgic for the prequels than the originals!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I pray to God every single night they bring back jarjar and turn him loose into the horned up gently caress machine he was born to be.
Just a Godfather III esque trek through the nightmare realms of what havoc Binksboi can wreak on asses with that wicked tongue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Rutibex posted:

my nephew used to love star wars. he would dress in a jedi costume for days on end when he was a kid. but after seeing what Disney did he no longer gives two fucks about star wars. they killed it, disney is 100% to blame.

his favorite movie is Episode 2, he was more nostalgic for the prequels than the originals!

Understandable as thats the one he relates to the most seeing them for the first time.

In an alt universe right now, we are all wondering how Luke, Han, Leia, etc are going to beat Admiral Thrawn now since he found the long lost Clone ships.