Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Skippy McPants posted:

This is loving miserable, but I did get a chuckle out of the one hockey coach.

I enjoyed the one "Med School - Plastic Surgery" for Nevada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

wasn't this suspected of being Giuliani's sockpuppet?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

AsInHowe posted:

Don't listen to this post.

College football is the most fun sport to follow, except for the championship parts.

Google Ed Orgeron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX7wzhMvbzo

That video basically sums up everything to do with college football

Ershalim posted:

Technically it's a rich white straight 40. If you're not one of those things the number's a lot higher. Gay black trans men don't get age protections until 125. Poor people just die, soz.

straight passing gay guys are only like +2 though

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Watch a white woman in Tennessee get absolutely wrecked for calling a Popeyes employee the N-word

https://abc13.com/5686709

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
oof. not cool

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I feel terrible for Popeye’s employees right now. They’re getting their asses kicked daily and I doubt they’ll ever see a bonus.

https://twitter.com/myfavstrash/status/1192479433652871168?s=21

That being said, I don’t agree with a grown man pile driving a 55 year old woman. It’s also disgusting to watch how much Fox News gets off on reporting about incidents at the restaurants.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Yep, agree with all of that.

I looked at the comments below a Fox News article on it. I haven't read the comments there in years, it's just straight dog whistle free white supremacy chat.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CubanMissile posted:

That being said, I don’t agree with a grown man pile driving a 55 year old woman.
if she's going in and dropping slurs over a problem with the bill I have zero doubt she said something just as bad as she walked out the door as a parting shot, since that's exactly how those types work, just gotta leave one final real nasty remark before you get out of earshot from the person you're targeting. That combined with the insane stress the employees are currently under, it's not surprising in the least that someone broke and was like "gently caress that, gently caress you, say hello to the ground"

he's gonna get an absurdly disproportionate punishment though, guaranteed.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

lol Nevada

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Captain Invictus posted:

if she's going in and dropping slurs over a problem with the bill I have zero doubt she said something just as bad as she walked out the door as a parting shot, since that's exactly how those types work, just gotta leave one final real nasty remark before you get out of earshot from the person you're targeting. That combined with the insane stress the employees are currently under, it's not surprising in the least that someone broke and was like "gently caress that, gently caress you, say hello to the ground"

he's gonna get an absurdly disproportionate punishment though, guaranteed.

I’m a bartender, I get it. I’ve been called all manner of things, I’ve had things thrown at my head by people who felt we’re taking to long to get them a drink, I’ve been swung on, I’ve dealt with dudes trying to take girls that were too drunk to open their eyes home with them, I’ve confronted guys jerking off in their cars watching the servers. There’s absolutely no excuse to slam somebody who’s that much weaker than you while they’re walking away and pose no danger to you. You’re right though, I’m sure she did say something on the way out because they always do, and that the punishment will be far more severe than the crime and that’s also very upsetting. The whole thing is a drat shame.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

CubanMissile posted:

I’m a bartender, I get it. I’ve been called all manner of things, I’ve had things thrown at my head by people who felt we’re taking to long to get them a drink, I’ve been swung on, I’ve dealt with dudes trying to take girls that were too drunk to open their eyes home with them, I’ve confronted guys jerking off in their cars watching the servers. There’s absolutely no excuse to slam somebody who’s that much weaker than you while they’re walking away and pose no danger to you. You’re right though, I’m sure she did say something on the way out because they always do, and that the punishment will be far more severe than the crime and that’s also very upsetting. The whole thing is a drat shame.

Nah there totally is

Aside from all the other reasons not to use slurs, pretty much anyone who has been a victim of a violent hate crime (or violent racially charged bullying or whatever people want to call it since most places still try really hard to not file charges for bias crimes for a multitude of reasons) usually had a bunch of slurs yelled at them during it. They're often a distinct trigger and lol if you trigger someone's ptsd by being a complete, unrepentant rear end in a top hat you deserve whatever the gently caress happens to you.

Like it's unfortunate, but if you don't want your bones broken don't use loving slurs it's really that simple

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

It's good to make racists afraid of being racist. Maybe not from an optics standpoint when they're significantly weaker than you, but I'm not gonna fault the guy.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
that lady stood in there saying it multiple times too, she knew exactly what the gently caress she was doing

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Yeah let’s crack some old crazy lady skulls. That’ll do the trick.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm not saying he SHOULD have done that, I am saying that I can absolutely see someone snapping with everything else going on, getting paid basically nothing to deal with unimaginable garbage from the worst people on a no doubt daily basis especially with the chicken sandwich bullshit, and then some old shithead waltzes in and drops a hard R because you're not kowtowing enough to them. You might have the patience of a saint, but not everyone does. He could've reported it and maybe gotten her banned from the store, but instead he broke and took a more...direct approach.

CubanMissile posted:

well if we're going to be reductive about it, yeah, that kinda does the trick.

basically;

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Nah there totally is

Aside from all the other reasons not to use slurs, pretty much anyone who has been a victim of a violent hate crime (or violent racially charged bullying or whatever people want to call it since most places still try really hard to not file charges for bias crimes for a multitude of reasons) usually had a bunch of slurs yelled at them during it. They're often a distinct trigger and lol if you trigger someone's ptsd by being a complete, unrepentant rear end in a top hat you deserve whatever the gently caress happens to you.

Like it's unfortunate, but if you don't want your bones broken don't use loving slurs it's really that simple
yeah I have experience with severe PTSD and had an awful coworker set it off in an incredibly stupid, hateful, grounds-for-firing-easily way, and I had about ten seconds of this adrenaline spike and coldness in my mind where I was like "if I don't get away from this right now, it's going to get extremely violent". this guy didn't have that moment of clarity and just went for it, unfortunately. but the lady is by no means the only victim here.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Nov 10, 2019

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Dude, you don’t need the patience of a saint to not body slam old ladies.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

CubanMissile posted:

Some people you can dissuade from things by appealing to them with words or reason or by explaining the emotional reality of their actions. Some people just don't give a gently caress and are fundamentally just mean spirited narcissistic fucks who literally only respond to physical consequences for their behavior. Trying to use words on the latter is a complete waste of time and 99% of the time people try every manner of poo poo to deescalate and give the person 500 opportunities to stfu and walk away unharmed before anyone does anything. If you persist through tons of people telling you to shut up you don't want to do this and you keep going, it's unfortunate but you're going to have a specific experience that you bought the ticket for against the direct advice or wishes of every single person present to your dumbshit behavior.

ima come back to the highly useful axiom for life of 'don't use slurs ever if you don't want someone to gently caress your poo poo up.' Besides, people mostly use slurs because they think that because of who they are they won't face any consequences, so it's actually good that they discover that no one is specialler than anyone else.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CubanMissile posted:

would it be okay if they were 20 instead of 50, at what age is it okay to say poo poo and not get hit

maybe he shouldn't have done that. but also, neither should she have. she was the antagonist of this entire situation.

maybe listen to HBN's post above.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Nov 10, 2019

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
She was walking away. And putting yourself in a position where you could go to jail for the rest of your life because you accidentally broke an old racist lady’s neck to “teach a lesson” is stupid as hell.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Captain Invictus posted:

would it be okay if they were 20 instead of 50, at what age is it okay to say poo poo and not get hit

maybe he shouldn't have done that. but also, neither should she have. she was the antagonist of this entire situation.

How bout don’t beat up on people too weak to defend themselves? If a thirteen year old kid talks poo poo should I kick him in the stomach so he can learn a lesson?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
KO Boomer

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

oxsnard posted:

KO Boomer
:holymoley:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CubanMissile posted:

How bout don’t beat up on people too weak to defend themselves? If a thirteen year old kid talks poo poo should I kick him in the stomach so he can learn a lesson?
thirteen year olds usually don't understand the consequences of their actions nor what the words they're saying even mean most of the time in regards to racist, hateful poo poo

this lady's old enough to know what not to say and chose to pick a fight with the dude over something trivial. nice of you to defend her because you're so used to awful people and have developed a "thick skin" though

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I don’t know what you were doing at thirteen but I sure as poo poo wasn’t dropping racial slurs at people. But your right, from now on I’m gonna break the bones of people who I have 150 lbs. on at work because talk poo poo, get hit.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
My father always told me not to insult people because one day someone will turn around and knock me out.

This 55 old woman just learned this lesson.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CubanMissile posted:

I don’t know what you were doing at thirteen but I sure as poo poo wasn’t dropping racial slurs at people. But your right, from now on I’m gonna break the bones of people who I have 150 lbs. on at work because talk poo poo, get hit.
you literally brought up a thirteen year old as an example in your strawman

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Nov 10, 2019

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

OhFunny posted:

My father always told me not to insult people because one day someone will turn around and knock me out.

This 55 old woman just learned this lesson.

The only lesson she learned is how to insult people and win a big money lawsuit for it.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

CubanMissile posted:

The only lesson she learned is how to insult people and win a big money lawsuit for it.

Doubt she found the six factures, nine broken ribs, and a broken knee worth the lawsuit money this guy won't ever be able to pay worth it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CubanMissile posted:

so did you like, read HBN's post like I recommended or did you just skip over it because you're not actually interested in nuance in a situation

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Have a suspicion that the lady wasn't doing this for the first time, very boomer to expect to get away with it repeatedly. That said the way she was smacked on the concrete could have crippled her or given her permanent brain damage (in addition to the preexisting brain worms). I hope that he can get a strong defense going.

This story has no winner. There is no satisfying smackdown because that smackdown might be costing something their freedom. It's terrible all around.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

oxsnard posted:

KO Boomer

New thread title?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I don't think violence to the degree that you can reasonably expect to paralyze or outright kill someone was warranted here. I don't think there's any room for debate that that was not okay.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Is it just me, or does the whole boomer meme reek of Russian manipulation?

Just seems funny that such a divisive thing suddeny gets big.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
nah it's something entirely harmless that really gets under old people's leathery skin so it really took off because everyone is realizing it's All The Olds's Fault

There Bias Two posted:

I don't think violence to the degree that you can reasonably expect to paralyze or outright kill someone was warranted here. I don't think there's any room for debate that that was not okay.
of course. that it escalated to violence should not surprise anyone, however, especially if this is a recurring thing.

(it's tennessee. it's absolutely a recurring thing.)

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

quote:

Penalties for Aggravated Assault
Aggravated assault in Tennessee involving intentional or knowing acts is a Class C felony.

Aggravated assault involving reckless acts is a Class D felony.

Aggravated assault involving failing to protect a child or protected adult from an aggravated assault or child abuse also is a Class C felony.

Aggravated assault against a public employee or transit worker is a Class A misdemeanor.

Possible Sentences
A Class C felony is punishable by 3 to 15 years in prison and a fine up $10,000.

A Class D felony is punishable by 2 to 12 years in prison and a fine up to $5000.

A Class A misdemeanor is punishable by up to 11 months and 29 days in jail, a fine up to $2500, or both.

Restitution
A person convicted of aggravated assault in Tennessee can be required to pay restitution, which involves reimbursing the victim for any expenses resulting from the crime, such as the cost of medical treatment or counseling or repair or replacement of damaged property.

So this dude is looking at fifteen years in prison, a $10,000 fine, and all of her medical bills.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Captain Invictus posted:

so did you like, read HBN's post like I recommended or did you just skip over it because you're not actually interested in nuance in a situation

Yes I read it. It's not a mind blowing thing to understand that some people don't learn lessons from words. There's not much "nuance" in ragdolling someone for dropping the N word. It was a stupid move that's going to unfortunately ruin that worker's life. You can cheer him on if you like, but going to jail to teach an old woman a lesson isn't going to help anyone. If you believe breaking a bunch of bones is an appropriate response to a lovely boomer saying awful things, then that's your business. I'm not going to agree with it.

OhFunny posted:

Doubt she found the six factures, nine broken ribs, and a broken knee worth the lawsuit money this guy won't ever be able to pay worth it.

She can sue Popeye's. And they'll pay it. She hasn't learned poo poo other that to play the victim and take zero responsibility for what she did.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/MonicaCrowley/status/651043858541879296

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

CubanMissile posted:

Yes I read it. It's not a mind blowing thing to understand that some people don't learn lessons from words. There's not much "nuance" in ragdolling someone for dropping the N word. It was a stupid move that's going to unfortunately ruin that worker's life.

Oh yeah he absolutely shouldn't have done it, for his own sake. Dude is going to get hosed hard. Doesn't make what he did morally bad though like some people seemed to be saying.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

CubanMissile posted:

Well she probably won't ever do that again, as bad as Captain Piledriver is gonna get it himself :shrug:

CubanMissile posted:

also glad to know that since I'm 50ish I can walk around dropping N bombs in people's faces and they can't do poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

OhFunny posted:

tbf she'll sue Popeye's also and make a poo poo ton of money, that's a slam dunk case there