Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

It gets better after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

I want to dye this blue why can't I dye this blue.

Don't mind the shaders, I was messing around. It actually looks pretty good for running old dungeons though.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
You should be able to upgrade it to augmented that makes it dyeable.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

Twibbit posted:

I want to dye this blue why can't I dye this blue.

Don't mind the shaders, I was messing around. It actually looks pretty good for running old dungeons though.

You need to augment it before you can dye it. It’s augmented in idylshire by an aura lady named Seika, south of the main vender building. You will need to buy tokens with poetics from those venders though called Illuminati deepest/darkest whatever. Check with Seika first to see what exactly you need for each gear piece.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

SirSamVimes posted:

Important: Do the Crystal Tower (2.0 alliance raid)

Less important but still recommended: Finish Alexander and do Omega when you finish Stormblood.

Hmm. Haven't been able to find any groups for Crystal Tower. Think I'll just press on with the Main Quests. Don't really want to pause here in the middle of Stormblood.

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

Did you try to PF it or something? It's duty finder content, there's nothing but crystal tower raids being ran all day long through the alliance roulette, just queue for Labyrinth of the Ancients as DPS or healer and it should pop fairly fast.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

OhFunny posted:

Hmm. Haven't been able to find any groups for Crystal Tower. Think I'll just press on with the Main Quests. Don't really want to pause here in the middle of Stormblood.

How? It's in the roulettes, I get 23 people on the regular with like a sub 10 minute wait time at practically any hour.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

mekyabetsu posted:

Figured I'd try this out since I've heard good things. Over an hour later loving with getting my account registered and entering my registraion code, and I think I'm just going to get a refund instead. I have never seen a more unnecessarily complicated and asinine registration process for a game.

What part in particular was causing the issues? SE is definitely pretty bad at account management but if you successfully set it up I don't really see any reason to get a refund. It's not like you're going to have to do it again.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

OhFunny posted:

What data center? I can almost always get a group on the duty finder for those.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Speaking of raids, I am up, I have time, I am about to make 23 people that they didn't get Crystal Tower this fine morning. Void Ark ahooyyyyy

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I get Crystal Tower raids almost exclusively in Alliance Roulette, and getting Void Ark once was so notable that I and a bunch of other randos couldn't help but comment on it when we got in.

You might have better luck running CT during primetime hours.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

Speaking of raids, I am up, I have time, I am about to make 23 people that they didn't get Crystal Tower this fine morning. Void Ark ahooyyyyy

Well speak of Cao Cao...

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Holy crap, Sigmascape 1.0 is a shot of nostalgia right between the eyes. Are they all like that?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Pretty much.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Xarbala posted:

Well speak of Cao Cao...

No! Buzz off! I'm not ready to continue reading Ro3K and actually see what happens after he passes! (I'm actually on the cusp of Guan Yu's downfall, which is... oof. Is it any wonder I keep stalling in reading this monster?)

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

No! Buzz off! I'm not ready to continue reading Ro3K and actually see what happens after he passes! (I'm actually on the cusp of Guan Yu's downfall, which is... oof. Is it any wonder I keep stalling in reading this monster?)

Lots of people don't like the later chapters but I think they're kind of cool. None of the new characters live up to their predecessors but that's also kind of the point.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Holy crap, Sigmascape 1.0 is a shot of nostalgia right between the eyes. Are they all like that?

Deltascape, Sigmascape, and the first fight of Alphascape (and arguably third as well) are basically nostalgia fights.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 10, 2019

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

P-Mack posted:

Lots of people don't like the later chapters but I think they're kind of cool. None of the new characters live up to their predecessors but that's also kind of the point.

I'm torn about reading on because thanks to the book and Dynasty Warriors I'm attached to everyone, so watching them age out / make their own tragedies is tough. :sigh: But I'm also so curious to see how the Jin actually rise, too. Life is tough, but at least the translation is great and super-readable. (It's the Moss Roberts one)

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

StrixNebulosa posted:

How? It's in the roulettes, I get 23 people on the regular with like a sub 10 minute wait time at practically any hour.

Oh I forgot about that. I've been looking for groups in the Party Finder.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm torn about reading on because thanks to the book and Dynasty Warriors I'm attached to everyone, so watching them age out / make their own tragedies is tough. :sigh: But I'm also so curious to see how the Jin actually rise, too. Life is tough, but at least the translation is great and super-readable. (It's the Moss Roberts one)

Everyone loves Guan Yu, and for good reason, but man, I really appreciate Huang Zhong being old as poo poo and being very good at it (until he's not).

Also yeah, everyone loves the Moss Roberts one. Reading all the footnotes is an exercise in craving death, but they're such good footnotes.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Xarbala posted:

I get Crystal Tower raids almost exclusively in Alliance Roulette, and getting Void Ark once was so notable that I and a bunch of other randos couldn't help but comment on it when we got in.

You might have better luck running CT during primetime hours.

Weeping City of Mhach remains the only content for me where multiple people bailed immediately at start and took whatever penalty that entails -- both times I tried it! And the first time was the only time so far a group decided to disband and abandon the raid

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I got the Lost City of Amdapoor in my 50/60/70 Roulette and two of the people in the dungeon hadn’t done it before. I walked them through the mechanics of the Diabolos fight, and we only wiped once. I got 3 commendations afterwards. It feels pretty good.

FFXIV has a pretty darn good community, and I’m interested in hearing why you think it happened

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OhFunny posted:

Oh I forgot about that. I've been looking for groups in the Party Finder.

nobody uses pf except for erpers trying to get mog station stuff

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The game is heavily moderated. Above all other variables I feel that's why. If people weren't actually punished for using slurs or being lovely those people would definitely be more visible. It's not perfect though, there's some dude running around on excal named Xtra Chromies and I'm pretty shocked they haven't gotten a forced name change yet since it's pretty clearly a lovely name

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Countblanc posted:

The game is heavily moderated. Above all other variables I feel that's why. If people weren't actually punished for using slurs or being lovely those people would definitely be more visible. It's not perfect though, there's some dude running around on excal named Xtra Chromies and I'm pretty shocked they haven't gotten a forced name change yet since it's pretty clearly a lovely name

So report them! The few times I've used the report feature, I've been amazed how quickly a gm has contacted me to provide info.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Hokkaido Anxiety posted:

So report them! The few times I've used the report feature, I've been amazed how quickly a gm has contacted me to provide info.

How does a GM contact you? Do they email you or contact you in game?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
you go through like 3 menus to open up a ticket, and then you get a /tell like 30 minutes later from GM Zack Thunderlightning who asks you more about what happened

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

as a hardcore yoko taro fan, i physically need the 2b gear
i do not need to spend what little free time i have losing the 2b gear with a 96 roll though after ~50 minutes of a raid that isn't even dropping gear for the classes i have levelled up

yoship you hackkkk

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Void Ark: I think this might be the ugliest cat I have ever seen.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

What feels worse, losing out on the 2B gear with a 94 roll, or a 2?

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Cabbit posted:

It fills your battery gauge by 20, which is what you use to summon your turret/robot. The only other thing that fills the gauge is the last shot in your combo, and that's only by 10.

Edit: Also, your combo averages out to 260 potency a shot and Hot Shot is 300, so even if the battery gauge wasn't a thing it's still a DPS gain over time to use it.

Oh, poo poo, I guess I should have looked at the tooltip again after getting Rook. Didn't see that they added a 20 Battery gain to it. Thanks for letting me know, I'll keep that in mind.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Rhonne posted:

losing the rare little robot minion with a 98

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

All right, FF14, you have gotten me to care about the storyline of crafting quests, of all things.

Moving into the HW lines with all these I appreciate how they're using them to "fill in" the world and it's here you get a closer perspective of everyday people and economic/class issues.

Though now I'm trying to imagine where the WoL fits in managing this entire multifaceted artisanal enterprise in between all the epic battle for the planet stuff. Tataru should have been involved in these quests!

StrixNebulosa posted:

Void Ark: I think this might be the ugliest cat I have ever seen.

Cait Sith is powerful and my friend

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Though now I'm trying to imagine where the WoL fits in managing this entire multifaceted artisanal enterprise in between all the epic battle for the planet stuff. Tataru should have been involved in these quests!

I like to imagine the WoL is just constantly crafting in their downtime. Kill a primal in the afternoon, unwind in the evening by making a nice end table

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Whoo someone decided to queue for Sastasha (Hard) and I can finally get rid of one of the 15+ duties clogging up my journal

I recently did one of those level 50 hards and was like wow this is absolute garbage I wish I didn’t unlock it

I don’t remember what it was and don’t want to

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

thetoughestbean posted:

FFXIV has a pretty darn good community

It really is a weird bit of culture shock for anyone coming from WoW or other online games just how chill and awesome the FFXIV community is.

Everyone is extremely laid back and friendly. If you’re in a roulette and the party wipes people just shrug, run back and do the fight again. The closest thing to bad behavior I can think of would be tanks and healers bailing from Castrum in the MSQ roulette while DPS have hour long queues. Even that is understandable and barely qualifies as mildly dickish.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I recently did one of those level 50 hards and was like wow this is absolute garbage I wish I didn’t unlock it

I don’t remember what it was and don’t want to

The only one that was actually garbage was Copperbell Hard, in part because its one of the very first ones they did. The rest of them are all OK to good.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I ended up in Tam-Tara Hard right before Halloween and that worked out really well.

I should really clear Palace of the Dead sometime since people say that's tied into that storyline, I mean I do need to level my RDM anyway

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Hokkaido Anxiety posted:

i did and a gm contacted me while i was progging savage and by the time i was able to get back to them they were offline, then i saw that person again and still see them in town regularly. and i mean i don't really know what info needs provided that wasn't established in the ticket ("this person's name is making fun of people with autism" plus a few more words explaining how).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Rhonne posted:

At least with a 2 you know you've lost and you're not strung along until everyone else rolls.