Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

How is she still going to school there?

Reddit posted:

Her mum is a school governor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

spacetoaster posted:

Multiple drugs (felony) on premises offences, multiple bullying offenses, electronic device offenses, wishing harm on an instructor. Any SINGLE one of those could be grounds for major punishments, and possible expulsion.

How is she still going to school there? Also, how are her parents not under investigation by the police for the drugs? That's enough for cops to tear their loving house/life apart.

We had a kid that age get expelled for getting into a mutual fight with another teenage boy where one had to get a couple of stitches.

Wow. I am often surprised at the breadth of disciplinary cultures across different states, districts, and even between different schools in the same district. My wife teaches title 1 and it is pretty much a Dangerous Minds situation at her school. A single fight could never get someone expelled there, and even if it did the kid would have a legal right to return after 60 or 90 days. They are even restricted in how much they can exclude a kid from class, regardless of how disruptive the child is.

That said, cocaine once would probably still do it.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

school governors are a British thing right

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

chemtrail huffer posted:

quote:

Her mum is a school governor

That maaaaybe offers only the tiniest bit of protection when the kid is wishing death on teacher's babies and doing coke at school.

therobit posted:

Wow. I am often surprised at the breadth of disciplinary cultures across different states, districts, and even between different schools in the same district. My wife teaches title 1 and it is pretty much a Dangerous Minds situation at her school. A single fight could never get someone expelled there, and even if it did the kid would have a legal right to return after 60 or 90 days. They are even restricted in how much they can exclude a kid from class, regardless of how disruptive the child is.

That said, cocaine once would probably still do it.

We've got a very strict 0 tolerance on physical violence policy. I don't like it. I personally think the kid who got the stitches was very much responsible for the violent punch to the mouth he got (he made a VERY racist remark about the kid's mom), but because the other kid did the bad evil violence it's all over.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Very cool and effective parents who are definitely not going to hear from their son ever again the second he graduates from college.

While you're right in general you ought to double check the tags, since that's the whole reason they exist.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Very misogynist to not respect the right of a girl to express her opinions about *squints* a pregnant teacher's baby dying

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Anne Whateley posted:

That guy's biggest mistake was not posting in e/n, where PMush would enthusiastically endorse never seeing your kid again because self-fulfillment (partying) is way more important

this is from a month back but drat anne, that's ice cold

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Johnny Truant posted:

Keep Eva in your class then give her the final write up to get get expelled

See how she takes nuking her future over some cliquey bullshit, then laugh
hopefully it will all sort itself out once she goes to college/university and isn't a big fish in a small pond anymore

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

toiletbrush posted:

hopefully it will all sort itself out once she goes to college/university and isn't a big fish in a small pond anymore

When I was a kid, the only other kid in town was a girl 3 years ahead of me. Incredibly brilliant, not able to be challenged enough.

Ended up getting on drugs, getting pregnant by an absolute moron, on drugs again, pregnant again by a different guy, back on drugs and off again.

Her older daughter is an academic star and beloved at school.

Her second daughter in uncontrollable and regularly tries to kill her. Literally. Because lol mental health care in this country, she can't get anyone to do anything until the daughter actually manages to kill someone or turns 18.

Although I guess NHS might prevent a few of those problems.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

teen witch posted:

Hi let’s get into fights about this deadly cold post

What's cooler than being cool? That post

Heyyyy yaaaa

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

toiletbrush posted:

I appreciate the optimism, but nope. Someone who apparently has spent years dodging every consequence, bullying others, being aggressive at authority figures, and is already using hard drugs...not going to suddenly grow up just because she’s taking more difficult coursework.

IF it sorts itself out, it’ll only be after real life knocks her very hard on her rear end.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
My boyfriend [21M] of 3 years has suddenly decided that he is religious and is going to church. I feel blindsided and my [23F] attraction to him is suffering.

quote:

Hi Reddit.

I [23F] think my boyfriend [21M] of 3 years has found "God".

I'm stuck in a religious dilemma. I believe I identify as an atheist. I identify better with science, karma and the whole "you are the one to write your own destiny" kind of thing. I have never had a good experience with the churches and I just have a hard time wrapping my head around the whole idea of religion. I'm just not a religious person, had the opportunity to be but ultimately it made no sense to me so I choose not to have that as a part of my life.

I believe that everyone has a right to their own beliefs and I respect all religions. Everyone has something that gives them strength. I appreciate that and all of the other religions. You do you. I am fascinated with other religions and cultures and although it may not make sense to me, it is still interesting to learn about. I am not ignorant about religion.

A few weeks ago BF decided to go to church with his friend Kurtis [30somethingM]. I believe his friend sometimes speaks at this church. He says it is an Apostolic church. Like, they speak in tongues and from the sounds of it, they seem quite extreme in their practices and beliefs. Almost cult like.

I was fine with him going to support his friend and maybe explore the religion a bit but I didn't expect him to go full on religious. Apparently while they are working together (tradesmen) they talk about religion and God all day, and he says it is like bible study without the bible.

Now, I learned about a year and a bit into our relationship that he was struggling to find his religious identity. I knew his family is religious. For the longest time he claimed he was athiest, then agnostic, but he never truly practiced religion. That never bothered me. But all of a sudden, since he started working with his buddy and getting closer to him, he is going to church every Sunday for 4 weeks in a row and now identifies as Christian. The more time he spends with this friend, he gets deeper and deeper into this religion.

Now my problem is not that I don't support him finding his beliefs. I love him. I think he is a great match for me in many ways and he balances out my personality perfectly. We get along quite well for the most part and he is very close with my family. He was there for me when my dad got cancer and he was there to support me when he passed away a year ago. He was there for me when my ex-best friend and I had our falling out. If religion is what he needs and chooses to follow Christianity then so be it. I am not going to tell him that he is wrong or get angry or anything.

The problem is that I am finding that the more religious he gets, the more my attraction for him diminishes. Kissing him feels almost... wrong? I'm not sure. It just doesn't feel the same. I can barely imagine having sex with him. The last time we had sex I enjoyed myself but I really had to detach myself because all I could picture was him saying "God has a plan for everyone" and "God bless their souls" and things like that. It just completely turns me off. I feel super bad about this and I don't mean to offend anyone... it's true. I feel like I knew him so well, all the ins and outs and then all of a sudden this just blindsided me.

I never saw myself dating anybody who went to church or preached the bible. I never saw myself starting a family and raising children under the Church or going to church on Sundays. I cannot see myself saying grace or praying or reading a bible. It just isn't me.

So far, we having matching beliefs on things like abortion, homosexuality, racism, and marriage. I confronted him with a lot of these concerns (primarily abortion, raising kids in a religious environment, and our future as a non-religious partner with a Christian partner). My concern is that these views will change. From my research and from what he has told me, the church has a history of being very pushy about their views (no abortion, date someone only who believes in church, no tattoos etc).

He has a history of being extreme. He is the type of person who gets really intense about things. Everything he does or likes, he does to an extreme and his views tend to be very strong. He is both open-minded and not at the same time. What he believes, he believes is completely right and will not take no for an answer unless you have concrete proof that something else is correct, and sometimes even then he will refuse to believe. I don't want the church or the bible or religion to change who he is. So that is a real fear of mine. Is this real or is this one of his obsessive moments and he will get over it in a few weeks?

I am scared. I don't want to lose someone who I am building a life with and have been for several years. However I know I am still young and if our beliefs don't match up, I can always find someone else who feels the same as me. I have been crying on and off about the possibility that he could leave me because I don't feel the same way about religion as him. Or because I have tattoos or I believe everyone has a right to abortion or because I support homosexuality and bisexuality and polygamy.

I feel guilty for thinking this way. I feel guilty for considering leaving my long term partner so early into him finding God. I don't want to leave him, I love him very much. I feel guilty for losing attraction to him, to the negative feeling I get when he says something directly religion based and I feel guilty for not being as open minded as I claim to be. I really want to be supportive... I do. I love him.

Why is it so easy to accept when it is someone else, but when it comes to him it, my feelings are so disgustingly real? What is wrong with me?

How do I deal with these feelings?

Let me make myself clear by saying I don't want to start a religious debate and I am not here to put down Christianity or religion in general.

Tl;dr My boyfriend of 3 years found God and started going to church. I am not religious and the more religious he gets, I am finding I'm losing attraction to him and feeling guilty.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pinecone Sample posted:

My boyfriend [21M] of 3 years has suddenly decided that he is religious and is going to church. I feel blindsided and my [23F] attraction to him is suffering.

Break up. Move on.

A. J. Flint
Jun 5, 2019

Pinecone Sample posted:

Trust your instincts, girl, and :sever:. Get the gently caress out of there, don't let the cult (they speak in voices???) get you as well.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Ghost Leviathan posted:

While you're right in general you ought to double check the tags, since that's the whole reason they exist.

Whoops, my mistake. I assume Reddit posters are dudes by default because why in the heck would ladies post at that depressingly misogynistic hellhole?

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Pinecone Sample posted:

Very misogynist to not respect the right of a girl to express her opinions about *squints* a pregnant teacher's baby dying

lmao I’ve had much worse said to me by much worse kids and I didn’t ruin the kids life because I’m not an awful teacher or human being and I realize that kids say stupid hurtful poo poo that they do not understand or mean because they aren’t fully developed humans yet but keep perpetuating the whole boomer “this twelve year old black kid knew EXACTLY what he was doing” attitude

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
she wasn't going to ruin the kid's life she was just going to put her in the other class

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

a fatguy baldspot posted:

yeah let’s ruin a child’s life because they’re doing dumb childish poo poo that they obviously got from their lovely mother. just happens to be a girl. gbs showing its whole rear end yet again

I want to express how much I appreciate galaxy brain posts like this one, bravo on glossing right over all of the facts

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

CharlestonJew posted:

she wasn't going to ruin the kid's life she was just going to put her in the other class

you’re right the goons wishing death on her and her mother don’t want to ruin her life they want to end it

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

lmao I’ve had much worse said to me by much worse kids and I didn’t ruin the kids life because I’m not an awful teacher or human being and I realize that kids say stupid hurtful poo poo that they do not understand or mean because they aren’t fully developed humans yet but keep perpetuating the whole boomer “this twelve year old black kid knew EXACTLY what he was doing” attitude

Indeed it's unfair to punish getting caught snorting cocaine in the bathroom multiple times or bullying the other students and the teacher, I'm sure that this girl just says random words with no grasp of what they mean. Don't ruin her life by *checks notes* moving her to a different class

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

you’re right the goons wishing death on her and her mother don’t want to ruin her life they want to end it

Maybe the kid that, despite an upper-middle class background and no apparent learning difficulties, is filming herself bullying another girl to post online, doing coke in the bathrooms, showing up to class drunk, and saying hateful things to her teachers should maybe, possibly have some consequences at some point in her life. You moron.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

You just said that she shouldn't be judged because she's mentally underdeveloped, so why are you judging goons?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I'm so woke I don't want a girl who has bullied at least one student out of school and casually throws child death comments out at the tiniest denial of her entitlement to face any consequences

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Johnny Truant posted:

I'm so woke I don't want a girl who has bullied at least one student out of school and casually throws child death comments out at the tiniest denial of her entitlement to face any consequences

yeah that’s what I said. also the multiple goons wishing death on her and her mom are right and well adjusted and not sexist at all. lastly,

QuarkJets posted:

You just said that she shouldn't be judged because she's mentally underdeveloped, so why are you judging goons?

lmao

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

yeah that’s what I said. also the multiple goons wishing death on her and her mom are right and well adjusted and not sexist at all. lastly,

lmao

Hey watch this

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Hope Evan and his dad get pinned under a flaming bus

I’m equal opportunity in my ridiculous hyperbole towards wishing lovely people didn’t live on this planet, you dumb gently caress

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
you make more excuses for that girl than her own mom does

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

I'm only using 18% of my full power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pinecone Sample posted:

I went through a very similar scenario. To the surprise of no one, my ex gave up on religion entirely about 6 months after our breakup when he realized his newly chosen faith wasn't down with video games.

Yes, he did call me to get back together, saying "he was choosing me over Jesus."

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

at my school an 11 year old black boy was expelled and sent to juvie for literally shrugging a teacher’s hand off his shoulder. teacher said he struck her. wonder if she was a goon

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

LyonsLions posted:

I went through a very similar scenario. To the surprise of no one, my ex gave up on religion entirely about 6 months after our breakup when he realized his newly chosen faith wasn't down with video games.

Yes, he did call me to get back together, saying "he was choosing me over Jesus."

What religion even gives two fucks about video games? And don't say "Baptists" because there's no rhyme or reason behind what they get mad at so they don't count

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

at my school an 11 year old black boy was expelled and sent to juvie for literally shrugging a teacher’s hand off his shoulder. teacher said he struck her. wonder if she was a goon

This is 100% comparable to a 16 yr old wishing death on an unborn child.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

yes very comparable to getting caught multiple times with drugs, causing another student to have a mental breakdown and film it, and wishing her teacher's baby dies

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Skypie posted:

yes very comparable to getting caught multiple times with drugs, causing another student to have a mental breakdown and film it, and wishing her teacher's baby dies

the attitude is p much the same yeah, thanks for the support

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Wait, how is moving her to another class going to ruin her life?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Apparently wishing death on people is NBD and does not merit consequences so :shrug:

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I didn’t think she earned the banishment until the pregnancy comment, after that she made her bed

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.

QuarkJets posted:

What religion even gives two fucks about video games? And don't say "Baptists" because there's no rhyme or reason behind what they get mad at so they don't count

Conservative Laestadianism! Others too, I'm sure, but that one's local to me.

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

I'm only using 18% of my full power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QuarkJets posted:

Some fundamentalist sect he found, I don't remember what it was. He knew nothing about religion or theology but was just trying out different random churches until he found one that felt good. This was one he found on the internet, it met in the preacher's living room, and I think it gave him the spiritual high he was looking for. As to why they were against video games, who knows, I never actually went to the church so I don't know anything about their theology other than what he told me.

I grew up in a religious family going to church weekly, but it was in one of the more bland protestant denominations, so I always kind of expected religion to be boring. Whereas my ex never had any experience with religion until adulthood, so he basically went for the one that gave him the most righteous skullfucking he could find. Anti-masturbation and the whole shebang.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'm such a good teacher that I flip my chair backwards when talking Juantonio, so that he knows I'm on the level. "Bro", i say, "you can do better".

He puts the glock on the table and weeps.

"No I can't, Mr. Mann. I-I, I don't know how to READ"

Now the healing can begin.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Still Fluxing posted:

Conservative Laestadianism! Others too, I'm sure, but that one's local to me.

"Conservative Laestadianism's leadership rigidly adheres to the teaching that all other Christian groups, including other Laestadian sub-groups, even those doctrinally identical to Conservative Laestadians, are heretical and have no place in the Kingdom of Heaven.[3]"

Ffffuuuuuccccckkk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

PetraCore posted:

I just want to say your shitposts always make me smile.

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy them!