Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

BMX Ninja posted:

Some sources suggest that gumwaa is a play on the Hindi word for sadness, although I can't find much evidence of this outside of knowyourmeme-type bullshit.

Funwaa seems to be aimed at Hindi speakers who may not be that fluent in English, and the simplistic puns and corny humour help them understand how English words are used in different ways and other idiosyncrasies of the language. I remember German and French language guides at school being full of similar corny humour that would have made a native speaker of either of those languages cringe.

English teacher...is a MAN! with a "HOOK".

It teaches improperpresidential usage of capitalization and quotation marks, that's for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

This is great because on one level it's just Jesus being a dick. But in the apocryphal gospels covering his early life that were omitted from the canonical Bible, young Jesus did end up taking on an entire cave full of dragons. So Jesus is tacitly condemning the establishment Church for refusing to acknowledge his role as DragonMaster.

That's my memesplaining for this evening.

I'd love for some network to make The Young Jesus Chronicles based on NT apocrypha. Dude was a literal hellraiser before he settled down in his thirties.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Trebuchet King posted:

Boomer...is a MAN with a HOOK

:lol:

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Woody Allen memes tend to be lazy and dumb but I lol'd

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BMX Ninja posted:

This is great because on one level it's just Jesus being a dick. But in the apocryphal gospels covering his early life that were omitted from the canonical Bible, young Jesus did end up taking on an entire cave full of dragons. So Jesus is tacitly condemning the establishment Church for refusing to acknowledge his role as DragonMaster.

I'd love for some network to make The Young Jesus Chronicles based on NT apocrypha. Dude was a literal hellraiser before he settled down in his thirties.

Not sure if joking or apocryphal

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/mrbrianfirenzi/status/1193269846420537344

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

BMX Ninja posted:

He found a nice Centurion who nailed him.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

ChubbyChecker posted:

He found a nice Centurion who nailed him.

LONG LONG IIIIIIIIIIIIIINUS

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Mierenneuker posted:

LONG LONG IIIIIIIIIIIIIINUS

Lmao

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

fucken lmao

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

gently caress

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

:bisonyes:

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ok. Come on down, live in 'em, and see how you do champ.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

mind the walrus posted:

I live in Florida.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1193202763095838723

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

This is probably the most efficient way to say "I'm a liberal and don't give a gently caress about black or LGBT people" next to supporting Warren or Biden.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

"White people don't have any culture"

"Oh yeah? Well then what do you call this, sweaty?" *dies in gender reveal party explosion*

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
You are absolutely right, but a good pizza place is a treasure to be savored.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

gently caress you

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

This is probably the most efficient way to say "I'm a liberal and don't give a gently caress about black or LGBT people" next to supporting Warren or Biden.

I think you're both wrong; I like the cornbread communism memes because they intend to show that cultural differences, at heart, have more to do with economic class than anything else.

That said, I don't think anyone is seeing those memes that hasn't already changed their mind.

That THAT said, I know that you're evoking the large and underserved minority population in the American South. I get that. I also think it's fair to say that they American South has got a lot of systemic problems without that statement necessarily excluding "black or LGBT people."

We're not going to solve the problem of "The American South has a super racist tradition vs. The American South has a large population of black/LGBT people". We just absolutely are not.

Pennywise the Frown and A HORNY SWEARINGEN, you are both forbidden for the next 24 hours from posting anything in this thread that might be considered Gumwaa.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pastry of the Year posted:

Pennywise the Frown and A HORNY SWEARINGEN, you are both forbidden for the next 24 hours from posting anything in this thread that might be considered Gumwaa.

This is oppression

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Who What Now posted:

This is oppression

You're next. Any Gumwaa out of you for the next 24 hours and let's just say you won't forget Gumwaa even if the home to which you're admitted attempts to slowly re-introduce you to Funwaa.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Gumwaa is better than Funwaa

gently caress society's bullshit standards

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Better to die with my Funwaa than live under Gumwaa

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

I have news that might shock you about the demographics of Biden supporters re: "not giving a gently caress about black people"

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Chintu you piece of poo poo

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I just posted that. Get your own posts

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

America memes

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

KoRMaK posted:

I just posted that. Get your own posts

Ironic coming from the guy who stole it from me in the Funny Pics thread.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

No I stole it from the watchmen hbo thread, or maybe it was the cspamiest thread?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

People who are black or LGBT can’t like pizza or beer?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Platystemon posted:

People who are black or LGBT can’t like pizza or beer?
the G stands for gluten free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

FactsAreUseless posted:

the G stands for gluten free

And the rest is just a BLT.