Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Not only are their a bajillion cool dins still left to base pokemon on, but most fossil mons aren't even dinosaurs. We've got ancient giant turtles, trilobites, cambrian explosion horrors, etc. We've got even more if you consider the Ancient Power evos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

I love those horrible dinosaurs, we've run out of cool real dinos anyway.

I'm literally going to beat you with an Ankylosaur tail for this remark

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Catalina posted:

Thank God Combee is still hanging in there. :ohdear:

Beedrill, tho. :smith:

extra row of teeth posted:

Stantler I take it back. Stantler I love you. I leveled your terrible rear end to 100 in dodrio tower when I was 12 because I love deer. Fuuuck what kind of place set in the UK has no deer?!

It is, evidently, somehow going to be Britain without bulldogs, terriers or deer.

I simply don't know. I would love to be privy to the logic behind individual choices. I'm in the "trimming the dex is good actually" camp but the actual choices leave me :confused:

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Nov 11, 2019

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

They’re probably already planning what Pokémon are coming back over the next few releases.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

galagazombie posted:

Not only are their a bajillion cool dins still left to base pokemon on, but most fossil mons aren't even dinosaurs. We've got ancient giant turtles, trilobites, cambrian explosion horrors, etc. We've got even more if you consider the Ancient Power evos.

Personally I would absolutely love a pokemon based on one of these doofy rear end motherfuckers.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
What’s changed between that new image and the green squares table?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Licarn posted:

What’s changed between that new image and the green squares table?

the squares was a meme. it was a Loss joke

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

SpaceDrake posted:

It is, evidently, somehow going to be Britain without bulldogs, terriers or deer.

I simply don't know. I would love to be privy to the logic behind individual choices. I'm in the "trimming the dex is good actually" camp but the actual choices leave me :confused:

These are the same people who didn't put the Sun rock and Moon rock Pokemon in the games named Sun and Moon, and then had a bunch of version exclusive legendaries in the follow up games but somehow didn't make the Crescent Moon Pokemon one of them

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

SpaceDrake posted:

Bold to assume they'd do a reasonable job of it.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I guess some Pokemon don't fit while others fit in too well. Its like Bellossom, Solrock and Lunatone not being in Sun and Moon. They probably did it to subvert expectations. Or there were already too many dog Pokemon already in Stoutland's case.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Countblanc posted:

Yeah if you see a 2x2 square anywhere on the internet just have "is this Loss" in the back of your head

Very often the answer is Yes

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s also hilarious because it really is loss lol.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Framboise posted:

Yeah if you see a 2x2 square anywhere on the internet just have "is this Loss" in the back of your head

Very often the answer is Yes

My favorite is when it isn't actually Loss, but the image is surreal enough looking that you still spend several minutes staring at it trying to figure out if it is or not.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Cattail Prophet posted:

My favorite is when it isn't actually Loss, but the image is surreal enough looking that you still spend several minutes staring at it trying to figure out if it is or not.

god i hate it when that happens

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Where's that spoiler image of the entire galar dex (with pictures of the mons) and their types?

Much appreciated if someone can save me from having to trawl back through 20 pages

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Scholtz posted:

Where's that spoiler image of the entire galar dex (with pictures of the mons) and their types?

Much appreciated if someone can save me from having to trawl back through 20 pages

Here you go

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

You could literally make an entire Pokemon game based on cool dinosaur/prehistoric reptile and mammal ideas that haven’t been mined for fossil gimmicks yet. You could even use basal mammals for your starter rats and stuff to spice things up. Like goddamn that “out of cool dinosaurs” opinion is so wrong it’s funny

Countblanc posted:

No there was one before the loss joke that seemed plausible, which is how we knew all the starters but zard and all the legendaries were :rip: . The final leak has even less than that.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Hell yeah :tipshat:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

No there was one before the loss joke that seemed plausible, which is how we knew all the starters but zard and all the legendaries were :rip: . The final leak has even less than that.

It was kinda obvious since it said Porygon and Porygon-Z were out but Porygon2 was somehow in

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

RatHat posted:

It was kinda obvious since it said Porygon and Porygon-Z were out but Porygon2 was somehow in

It’s pretty telling (and damning) that it’s still the closest we got to the actual dex though.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Heck yeah my boy shuckle's in

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am fine with that list. Do I wish it was bigger? Yes, but I can live with 400.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh my god Sobble's middle evo throws water balloons for Water Gun.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Scrap Dragon posted:

Apparently you can also get (multiple!!) TRs as rewards for beating raids.

oh thank god. I was afraid I was going to regress into a pre-Gen V hoarder again.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

MonsterEnvy posted:

I am fine with that list. Do I wish it was bigger? Yes, but I can live with 400.

The only things making me BM still are that some of the individual choices are absolutely baffling (no deerling, fine, but how do you decide no Snubbull is a good idea for Pokemon Britain?) and I suspect at this point that I will never not be mad over Beedrill and Mawile getting their megas, and thus their relevance, thrown in the trash. :mad:

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

SpaceDrake posted:

The only things making me BM still are that some of the individual choices are absolutely baffling (no deerling, fine, but how do you decide no Snubbull is a good idea for Pokemon Britain?) and I suspect at this point that I will never not be mad over Beedrill and Mawile getting their megas, and thus their relevance, thrown in the trash. :mad:

I will admit a lot of my Dexit ranting is because two out of my top three favorites, Sawsbuck and Venusaur, got binned. This will be the first generation without Venusaur in at least my post game team; I even bought a Gameshark to hack it into Ruby, no Pokedex number and all.

I kind of expected Sawsbuck to go, as it’s kind of lovely in battle, obscure, not from a super popular generation, etc. but not having a Kanto starter is sacrilege.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Excited to get my female Mr. Rime with her beautiful mustache and male pattern baldness.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

SpaceDrake posted:

As someone with a shiny mawile I loved using, this is the most disappointing of all. I'm kinda baffled they consider the pokemon worth bringing back, but not worth actually doing anything to make up for the lost mega, unless they raised its base stats or something (im not getting my hopes up ).

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Are females more rare or sought after for most Pokemon? Is this for breeding purposes?

Edit: This is a weird as gently caress post, sorry.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

mutata posted:

Are females better for most Pokemon? Is this for breeding purposes?

It's just the novelty of a pokemon called Mr. Rime being female.

Speaking of which, any idea what their name is in Japanese?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Oh for sure, I want a girl Mr Rime too. I've just seen mention of re-rolling for female Pokemon in the thread so I was just curious.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Mr. Rime is both a clever and surprisingly metal name for a Mr. Mime evolution and I’m so sad that it has to be wasted on that abortion of recycled Mario enemy parts.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

RatHat posted:

It's just the novelty of a pokemon called Mr. Rime being female.

Speaking of which, any idea what their name is in Japanese?

Impossible. We've gotten its existence from people playing leaked copies, so we have no way to know what it is called in Japanese since we haven't had leaks from there. We won't know what Mr. Rime is in Japanese until the game actually comes out.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

it looks like there's more ice types than normal this time around, and with an ice-type (version exclusive) gym, too. could there be more snow routes? i hope so.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

I would respect Gamefreak if they went all out and made Mr. Rime a creepy ice golem clown zombie, just accept that Mr. Mime is unappealing at best and creepy at worst and roll with it instead of trying to make people want to capture and battle with anime Monopoly guy

Radio Free Kobold posted:

it looks like there's more ice types than normal this time around, and with an ice-type (version exclusive) gym, too. could there be more snow routes? i hope so.

This plus the glaring lack of Fire types in the dex makes it really feel like Sinnoh 2.0.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I am over 30 and excited to play this children's monster game

gonna get a hawlucha and go to TOWN on these gym leaders, give em all the people's elbow

also I think the last pokemon game I played was like B&W 2 so it'll be my first 3D one.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Some various youtube accounts are starting to upload the Pokemon Sword stream from 4chan's /vp/ board saying it's their playthrough.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

This plus the glaring lack of Fire types in the dex makes it really feel like Sinnoh 2.0.

There are 11 different fire type families, counting Flareon. That's honestly plenty for variety, way more than Sinnoh for sure.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Radio Free Kobold posted:

The Ice gym is exclusive to one of the versions though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think all (or most) of us are fine with the cuts and at least accepting of having a fun new adventure. I'm more worried personally about setting a precedent to have carte blanche to invent Pokemon, features, or formes and never include them again. Similar to what we have with Megas, but Galar branching forms and Alolan forms are cool and it would be a shame if they get relegated to history by the ever-evolving Dexit for each new game. Enough to where a developer could say "Oh, Huntail? That's an awful one, never include it again".