Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
As usual, pass. Radcliff Konopka shall yet have his day :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Already discussed in back-channels that Ralepozozaxe doesn't want him, and I don't either.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

If the others pass, I'll take it.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Also pass. Pilaf Thermidor will come to fruition in time.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

If the others pass, I'll take it.

Updated into the cast post.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

House Carpanel is cursed, jeez

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

The captain of the Mamluks is seen chatting amicably with a young woman in a fluid Egyptian Arabic. At his gesture, without even stopping the conversation, a young page is summoned, who reads aloud in halting Latin: "We of the guard are saddened to hear of the injury of the good king Eustache. We will pray for the swift recovery from his stupidity."

At this, the young woman looks concerned and says something to the Captain, who turns bright red and orders the page to come back. After a real grilling, the page returns, blushing red with embarrassment, says "Stupor! Recovery from his stupor!" then flees.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Also wow, the crown of Jerusalem sure is proving too heavy for the heads that bear it, huh

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Mirdini posted:

Also wow, the crown of Jerusalem sure is proving too heavy for the heads that bear it, huh

I told you we shouldn't have made it of solid gold, that thing's like 30 pounds.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

There's also a new barony available in Jerusalem, thanks to the Castle Erection Act, so I'll open this to first-come first-serve. Your created courtier would get it.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Nov 10, 2019

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

If anyone else (who is currently unlanded) wants it they can have it, yeah.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Also sitting on the sidelines for a county here.

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

Prince Alberto Azzo d'Este of Aswan

Let me speak now on behalf of my brothers in the Parti Du Roi and express our great sorrow at the passing of the late King Godefroy, a monarch whose like we should be lucky to see even once in a lifetime. So many of us were delayed by the need to set our newly won fiefdoms in Egypt to order that we could not express our grief in person. I have only recently reached my majority, but was lucky enough to be of age to see the coronation of our faithful lord King Eustache, who is unfortunately not able to be with us this day. I look forward to working with you all in the days to come for the good of the realm.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Hashim posted:

There's also a new barony available in Jerusalem, thanks to the Castle Erection Act, so I'll open this to first-come first-serve. Your created courtier would get it.

I'll take it!

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Pakled posted:

I'll take it!

Added your character sheet.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Heck with it.

Name: Niccolo
Dynasty: Serra
Culture: Italian

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

I'm Sven of the House of Estrid, Duke of Asyut, Prince of Denmark, Chancellor, Steward and Seneschal of the Kingdom of Jerusalem and humble member of this assembly, the Haute Cour. First of all, I'd like to thank my fellow Dimitri Blaiddyd for proposing me as Chancellor and the rest of the Cour for massively supporting me; I'm sure I won't dissapoint them as I only have the best interests of Jerusalem in my heart.

However, I must be frank and say that I'm ashamed to see the best and brightest knights in Ultramar backstab and undermine each other instead of building a better future together. The crown of King of Egypt was destroyed before we Lords of Egypt had even arrived at Jerusalem, efforts to build trade posts along the Silk Road were stalled and christian brothers, though misled, were massacred. This won't do. As a bearer of the blood of Estrid Svendsdatter and Sigurd Ring it its my duty to protect to heathen so they might see the light of Christ, to defend the status of men and women as equals, to venture forth into seas unknown and bring back knowledge and riches and to move Jerusalem forward to an age undreamed of.

The knight Ulferic, a dane on his mother's side, has introduced me to the only nobles in Jerusalem willing to do what it takes to create the Kingdom under Heaven we all deserve

I pledge my voice and my sword to the Shangqing School of Supreme Clarity

Pacho fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Nov 10, 2019

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

'''The Shangqing School of Supreme Clarity Charter'''

Our fair and noble Kingdom of Jerusalem is among the most unique domains in the world. We are a country of warriors, committed to seeing justice realized. We are a country of merchants, aspiring to seize new opportunities. We are a country of scholars, devoted to uncovering new wisdom. Our brethren-in-arms were forged in the heat of battle but all of us aspire to see peace on earth.

Today, our country is tasked to be defenders of the holiest places of the Children of Abraham. With this important duty, we, '''The Shangqing School of Supreme Clarity,''' believe we understand the best way forward. Here is what we seek for the future of our great realm:

Diplomatic Matters: We look Eastwards. Our founder, a knight from the fabled lands of Cathay, was sent by its Emperor to learn the Word of God. We'll work tirelessly forge stronger bonds with the Empire of Cathay and learn from their sages and wise-masters. We will also aspire to bring our learnings there, to ensure peaceful dialogue and guarantee a peaceful future for Christian communities of the East.

Cultural Matters: We'll strive to make the Kingdom of Heaven a kingdom of tolerance. All people deserve to live in harmony regardless of religious, gender or cultural difference. We'll fight to further the rights of women and religious minorities inside the realm. We will oppose anyone who would unravel the rich tapestry of ideas that gives us strength.

Warfare Matters: As a young kingdom composed of those with many backgrounds, we are surrounded by enemies inside and out. These enemies see our diversity as a threat, a challenge to their old ways. As such, we support the military to preserve our progress and expand our benevolent influence. Still, we believe our warriors must be bounded by chivalry and gentleness to our defeated foes. We must not match cruelty with cruelty.

Economy Matters: We believe in the free exchange of good and ideas for the betterment of the Realm. Thus we support initiatives to build and maintain trade along the Silk Road and let the gold, spices and inventions of the East reach our cities. While we respect the merchants of the West, we see our future as one aligned with Cathay.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Legislative session will open tonight, but I should add that Castration and Blinding are now available for Outremer culture:

As it stands, the King can imprison and torture and execute treasonous/dishonourable people freely.

Also, the Assassination interaction is something that the Haute Cour has power over, so that's something to keep in mind

hashashash fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 10, 2019

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Session of the Haute Cour, 1115

: Ahem... em...

: Ah, I've been informed that... um... I'm to give some kind of... ah, speech?

: Yes, well, hmm... Richard, that's my very good friend right here, he tells me that... we're at war? Or soon to be? Or should be? Something like that, I can't quite remember...

: In any case, he also promised that there would be a feast at the end of it! With honeyed pork and boar's head! And jugglers and tumblers! And the wi—

Count Richard leans forward and whispers into the King's ear.

: Yes, yes... I'm to let you lords get to our business, there's plenty o—Oh, would you look at those pretty colors...

State of Affairs

King: Eustache de Bolougne
Regent: Richard de Marash, Count of Aintab
Government: Agnatic-Cognatic Elective Monarchy
Factions: Eclipse Party, Mercator Dei, Pro Deo et Regno, Parti Du Roi, Shanqing School of Supreme Clarity
Treasury: 3085 gold, +14.98/month
Piety: 517, +5.24/month
Army: 8700 levies
Alliances: none.
Wars: none.

Active Policies:
None.

Active Laws:
- War Economy Law, with these clauses.
- Avarice Prevention Act, with these clauses.
- Kingdom Consolidation Act of 1110, with these clauses.
- Title Revocation Act, with these clauses.
- Custodians of Jerusalem Act, with these clauses.

World Map:

Succession:
Next in line for Jerusalem is Raymond de Toulouse, Prince of Tripoli.

Council and Court:
The office of Steward is vacant.

Laws:
Next regular law can be passed from January 1118.

Technology:

Military:

Factions:

Decisions:

Religion:
An antipope was just set up by the Holy Roman Emperor, in Aquileia.

Culture:

Relations:

Defensive Pacts:

Diseases:

Empire of China:

Ruler Prerogative:
- Staging a coronation ceremony.
- Appointing members of the Council (the in-game council).
- Awarding minor titles.
- Arranging marriages for family members and courtiers.
- Taking loans from merchant communities.
- Imprisoning treasonous or dishonourable persons (required Council acceptance).
- Humiliating/Torturing/Banishing/Executing treasonous or dishonourable persons.
- Ransoming/Humiliating/Torturing/Banishing/Executing prisoners of war.
- Sending gifts.

Legislation:
Once the Haute Cour is in session, any lord of the realm can submit legislation, which largely consists of Policies and Laws, as well as optional Directives.
As mentioned, members of the Haute Cour may support or oppose proposals of their choosing.
If at least 1/3rd of a proposal’s votes are in opposition, then that proposal is submitted for the consideration of the King. If at least 2/3rd of a proposal’s votes are in opposition, it is struck from the books regardless of the amount of support received.
Sessions of the Haute Cour last 48 hours, and after this period, the 4 most popular proposals (2 from largest faction, assuming they each have enough support) are gathered into a single document or Recess, which is then implemented in the next update.

Rules of the Haute Cour:
- You cannot join or change factions when the Haute Cour is in session.
- Each lord is entitled to submit a single piece of legislation, and unless otherwise stated, they are assumed to be supporting that same Policy/Law.
- A member of a Faction may only support legislation submitted by a colleague in their Faction. They may oppose legislation submitted by anyone.
- Courtiers are entitled to 1 vote, Barons to 2 votes, Counts to 3 votes, Dukes to 4 votes, Kings/Viceroys to 5 votes. Members of the Council have 2 additional votes.
- The Designated Regent minor title has 1 additional vote, but in the event of a incapable or underage ruler and resulting regency, this will rise to 5 votes.
- Votes are cumulative, so for example, a Count may have 10 votes if they are on the Council and become Regent.
- In addition to supporting Policies or Laws, lords may pledge their support to a single Directive, submitted by any independent lord or faction.
- Rank has no effect when Directives are being considered. In this case, each member of the Haute Cour has only a single vote.
- If Policies and/or Laws gather sufficient opposition, they may be struck from the bill. The King may strongarm his own agenda into the bill in their place.
- In cases where Laws and Policies contradict one another, the law always take precedence.
- If support for two proposals are equal, and there is only one place remaining in the Recess, the King chooses between them.
- For obvious reasons, legislation cannot pertain to the ruler’s personal life, unless is he is underage. So, for example, the Haute Cour has no control over who the King marries, though unwise decisions may affect his standing amongst his lords.
- The Haute Cour has no authority over the Character Focus or the Ambition of the King, those being his private matter.

For more details on legislative sessions, click HERE.
For more detail on in-game actions, click HERE.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Oh man, Raimond is going to be king and eat us all.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

A Christian prince in Egypt has fallen to heathens, and we can not let this state of affairs continue. The Emir of Damietta, his realm penetrating into our Nile Delta like a dagger, is a threat to us, and the Christians in his realm must be delivered from Mohammedan tyranny. Therefore. I propose the policy of Completion of the Egyptian Crusade,

The King shall declare Holy War on the Emirate of Damietta.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

I, Fulgam Cornipes, propose the Baron Antoon von Oegstgeest for Steward directive, on the grounds that the role of steward is vacant and Baron Antoon's stewardship is significantly higher than most. Let us enrich Jerusalem through the service of this noble lord, who is doubtless champing at the bit to do their part.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 10, 2019

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

Pakled posted:

A Christian prince in Egypt has fallen to heathens, and we can not let this state of affairs continue. The Emir of Damietta, his realm penetrating into our Nile Delta like a dagger, is a threat to us, and the Christians in his realm must be delivered from Mohammedan tyranny. Therefore. I propose the policy of Completion of the Egyptian Crusade,

The King shall declare Holy War on the Emirate of Damietta.

With the amendment that we should also upgrade the barracks in the Capital at once, I will force this Policy into the next Recess.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

MaxieSatan posted:

With the amendment that we should also upgrade the barracks in the Capital at once, I will force this Policy into the next Recess.

They're not really related in any way, so you can't tack that on.

A Policy has to work towards a single goal.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

I, Prince Thibaut de Blois of Alexandria and the Sinai, note that once again, the realm is effectively in the hands of a minor noble. It is simply not fitting for the Kingdom of Jerusalem to be in the hands of a mere count. Moreover, there is no legal limit on a man of common rank, with not even a title to his name, being appointed as regent! The entire order of society is at stake here. In our power as peers of the realm, we MUST declare a remedy!

I propose the Regency by Dignity Act:

1. This Act hereby prohibits the appointment of anyone lower than ducal/princely rank to the post of Designated Regent.
  2. In the event that the Kingdom reaches a position where there are no eligible dukes, the scope may be widened to the comital rank, and then to baronial if required, and then once again to unlanded courtiers.
  3. No man (or, heaven forbid, woman) of lowborn origin may be appointed to the post of Designated Regent under any circumstances. If there are no other candidates, the post is to be left empty.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Let it be known that I, Bessarion Aeros, as a member of the court in good standing, propose the following act.

Ligue Des Mers Nombreuses(League of Many Seas) Act

- If the Kingdom of Jerusalem has a presence in more than Three(3) Duchies on any body of water East or West of the Holy City of Jerusalem, and a new coastal duchy title has come into possession of the King via war or inheritance, or is available to be created or usurped, then one(1) Royal Republic(Hereforward refered to as an RR) must be created to serve the Kingdom's maritime and financial interests upon that body of water if one does not already exist to do so.

- The first available duchy that is conquered in a following holy war or Crusade and borders the body of water will have its wealthiest coastal province be made the seat of a new ducal RR, to be lead by a group of five upstanding and religiously diverse courtiers.

- This act shall, as long as the conditions in clause 1 are met, supersede the Avarice Prevention Act

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

I, the humble Padraig O'Tutorial, think I speak for all of my Mercator Dei brethren when I say I am heartened by the League of Many Seas Act, which would not only strengthen our presence in every sea, but would ensure and protect our celebrated religious diversity. I myself have taken advantage of our recent conquest of Egypt to spend time walking the streets of Alexandria, gaining so much heart from the experience that I myself have to converted to the Miaphysite faith.

The range and depth of religious fervor in our lands only gives us strength, and will be a boon to our merchants and our lords. In a time without Constantinople, let us become the new crossroads of the world!

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

Hashim posted:

They're not really related in any way, so you can't tack that on.

A Policy has to work towards a single goal.

I figured it was related to military readiness, but fair enough, I suppose.

Force through the policy as originally drafted (just declaring war), then.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

It is good to see the introduction of legislation that not only provides for our continued prosperity, but shall open up new routes for trade and missionary work with both East and West.

For my part, I will propose a directive to focus the crown's attention on building up the prosperity of Jerusalem (i.e. move our crown focus there).

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The bald crusader is visibly stooped, and uses his sheathed sword as a cane. "All well and good, yes. Money's what pays soldiers and fills their bellies. How the merchants conduct their business is no concern o' mine, only that the crown gets its taxes."

"Meanwhile, the rest of us had best see to our defences. The Syrians and Ifriqiyans and such won't take kindly to our hold on Egypt, no sir, no matter how kindly we might treat their kin. And levies fight best with a core of true professionals leading them. To that end:"

quote:

The Stiff Spear Provision

PROVIDED that it does not violate any other Law, including but not limited to those regarding mandatory cash reserves, minimum income, or other financial concerns,
  • The King of Jerusalem shall form and maintain a personal Cavalry Retinue. This Guard shall consist exclusively of the finest Cavaliers, Knights, and Camel-Knights of the realm. Beyond this, the precise Composition and Order of Battle shall be left to the King's discretion, and he may disband and reorganize units as he sees fit.
  • The size of the retinue should be no smaller than 75% of the maximum size we can support (i.e., by retinue cap), except when reorganizing or replacing units.
  • So long as the King is deemed competent to enter combat - i.e., has a military score of no less than 4 and is of sound mind and body - he MUST lead these troops into battle in times of war.
The guard in question is to be known as The Royal Guard and Permanent Crusade Authority of Egypt, Jerusalem, and Arabia, as ordained by founded in memory of his majesty King and Protector Godefroy "The Great" "The Magnificent" de Bouillon - or, for short, "The PCA" or "Les Cavaliers de Bouillon."

megane fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Nov 11, 2019

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

Prince Alberto Azzo d'Este of Aswan

Esteemed lords of Jerusalem, I greet you on this fine day. While I am not one for demanding honors or titles, a good many of my brothers in the Parti du Roi have insisted that my talents are needed here in the city. Therefore I am, with some degree of embarrassment, introducing a directive which would grant me the honor of serving his highness the king as steward of the realm. Although I am young I have studied the arts of finance extensively in my short life.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

We'll have policy and law to propose later, but, for the time being, we would like to follow through with an important Directive discussed at the last session:

I request that Baron Centule of House Rammala be granted a puppy.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

QuoProQuid posted:

We'll have policy and law to propose later, but, for the time being, we would like to follow through with an important Directive discussed at the last session:

I request that Baron Centule of House Rammala be granted a puppy.

I will be opposing this directive.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

i81icu812 posted:

A second version for your consideration.

A Law Regarding the Ownership and Disposition of Certain Holy Relics and Other Particular Artifacts

All Holy Relics within the jurisdiction of the Haute Cour are the sole property of the Kingdom of Jerusalem and always belong to the duly elected King of Jerusalem that he may protect and safeguard on behalf of the Kingdom.

- This Law applies to any and all Holy Relics or other Artifacts excepting those that can be equipped in the ‘weapon’ slot or the ‘torso’ slot.

- Additionally this Law applies to any and all Holy Relics or other Artifacts that can be equipped in the ‘ceremonial weapon’ slot.

- Additionally this Law applies to the Lance of Longinus, the Staff of Moses, and King David’s Sling and the exception regarding Holy Relics that can be equipped to the ‘weapon’ slot does not apply to these three named Holy Relics.

Given the now very real and likely eventuality of both several Holy Relics as well as the newly crafted Crown Jewels of the Kingdom passing out of control of the duly elected king of Jerusalem

And the legislation of the previous Haute Cour sitting establishing now and forever that the holy city is the eternal capital of the Kingdom and above ownership by any mortal

I am compelled to reintroduce this legislation from the previous session that the cultural patrimony of the Kingdom of Jerusalem be properly protected for generations to come

i81icu812 fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 11, 2019

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
Additionally, given the extraordinary interest in opening diplomatic relations with China last session and the dire threat we just managed to overcome on the battlefield a few scant months ago, I offer the Barbarian Pacification Act for consideration:

-Purchase the Sword of Mohammad from its lawful owner within the Kingdom for a fair price of one thousand (1,000) ducats

-Offer the Sword of Mohammed as a token of friendship to the Chinese Empire

-Request immediate Chinese military intervention to counteract the Seljuk threat that menaces the Kingdom

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

My fellow members of the Haute Cour. Thank you for recognizing me and my fellow members of the SSSC. While we are disappointed by the outcome of the last session, we are nonetheless committed to making Jerusalem more prosperous, peaceful, and civilized. While no place can match the splendor of the Middle Kingdom, we can at least strive to do better.

As such, we propose the following law The Protections of the Jewish People and Other Minorities Act

Recognizing the multicultural character of the Holy Land and this Kingdom of Jerusalem,

Understanding the King’s duty as a Protector of Holy Places, a responsibility that touches all People of the Book,

Acknowledging that unnecessary bloodshed and violence profanes and pollutes religious practice,

1. Expressly prohibits the King, Queen, Regent, or other duly chosen authority (hereafter referred to as “the King”) from taking the decision to “Expel the Jews;”

2. Mandates the King refuse any demand from the Church to expel, imprison, or mutilate members of the realm for professing membership in a non-Catholic faith; and

3. Requests the King treat all holy sites with respect and to not undertake any action (e.g. raiding and looting, destroying a holding or Great Work, or conducting mass executions) that would render the site unsuitable for worship activities for those who consider it holy. This provision does not prohibit sieges in wartime if deemed by the King to be necessary to the effort.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Nov 11, 2019

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Freudian posted:

I will be opposing this directive.

why do you hate puppies?

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

I'm proposing the following Directive: Order the Court Chaplain to Jerusalem to research technology

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

i81icu812 posted:

Additionally, given the extraordinary interest in opening diplomatic relations with China last session and the dire threat we just managed to overcome on the battlefield a few scant months ago, I offer the Barbarian Pacification Act for consideration:

-Purchase the Sword of Mohammad from its lawful owner within the Kingdom for a fair price of one thousand (1,000) ducats

-Offer the Sword of Mohammed as a token of friendship to the Chinese Empire

-Request immediate Chinese military intervention to counteract the Seljuk threat that menaces the Kingdom

You don't appear to be in the Discord (you should be!) so putting this question to you and anyone else: is there any proof the sword would provide enough Grace?

I'm also not sure it's possible to buy artefacts from characters in the game, although Hashim could maybe mod that.