Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Borsche69 posted:

Do those screenshots look good? Do the graphics and textures of this game look good?

The animations and expressions and designs look good. And like I said, a lot of this stuff looks better in motion than in stills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Nanigans posted:

Why would you breed for some hypothetical future game not knowing whether or not it would even still be a viable? That’s completely on you, you temper tantrum throwing toddler.

Why would anyone do anything for any reason if time comes to us all? Just stop posting you are embarrassing.
Pokemon has always, bar the Gen 3 issue arisen by a total overhaul of pokemon data, being based around the notion that your pokemon will be compatible forwards. Until now, and with weak reasons or excuses other than apparently, the game is rushed to hell.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Bleck posted:

why did they cut Twineedle

It seems like a bunch of cut moves are all signature moves (or were at one point) for pokemon that got cut.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Yeah, he isn't complaining because the meta shift made his Pokemon less viable. He's complaining because after 5 generations of precedent, the game decided to flat out erase a hard to get moveset staple. That seems understandable to get a little miffed over.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Nanigans posted:

Why would you breed for some hypothetical future game not knowing whether or not it would even still be a viable? That’s completely on you, you temper tantrum throwing toddler.

Because they haven't chopped out the entire dex since gen 2 or removed a giant chunk of the moves before? I was preparing at least for the dexit cut now new poo poo is cropping up that made a bunch of effort for loving nothing. Good to see you share the same amount of brain matter and foresight as the anime dude in your avatar. I'm amazed you've managed to type this much without choking to death on Gamefreak's boot.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

this guy is doing the impossible and making me not want to look at goku

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

qnqnx posted:

Why would anyone do anything for any reason if time comes to us all? Just stop posting you are embarrassing.
Pokemon has always, bar the Gen 3 issue arisen by a total overhaul of pokemon data, being based around the notion that your pokemon will be compatible forwards. Until now, and with weak reasons or excuses other than apparently, the game is rushed to hell.

You breed them to use them in the game they’re in. If they happen to be viable next gen, great. How many times have people had to breed a new X, Y, or Z because the meta game changed in a new entry and the old strategy wasn’t viable any longer? I have like four different Snorlaxes because of exactly that.

Expecting something you bred to still be viable the next go around is wishful thinking at best.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Nanigans posted:

You breed them to use them in the game they’re in. If they happen to be viable next gen, great. How many times have people had to breed a new X, Y, or Z because the meta game changed in a new entry and the old strategy wasn’t viable any longer? I have like four different Snorlaxes because of exactly that.

Expecting something you bred to still be viable the next go around is wishful thinking at best.

Just because that's how you play isn't the end all nor be all you know nothing sanctimonious self pontificating dipshit. And this is nothing on the level of before.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

This thread is just the meme where a lady is screaming at a cat

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Flopsy posted:

Because they haven't chopped out the entire dex since gen 2 or removed a giant chunk of the moves before? I was preparing at least for the dexit cut now new poo poo is cropping up that made a bunch of effort for loving nothing. Good to see you share the same amount of brain matter and foresight as the anime dude in your avatar. I'm amazed you've managed to type this much without choking to death on Gamefreak's boot.

Effort for nothing.

Did you use the Pokémon you bred? If you did, it wasn’t for nothing.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Nanigans posted:

Effort for nothing.

Did you use the Pokémon you bred? If you did, it wasn’t for nothing.

Some of them. God forbid I had plans for the others. You know how we could've skipped this entire argument? You could've said "yeah that's rough buddy sorry that happened" instead calling me an idiot and being an abrasive jackass.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Lmao apparently the day/night cycle just doesn't happen in some zones. That's a weird one.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Borsche69 posted:

It seems like a bunch of cut moves are all signature moves (or were at one point) for pokemon that got cut.

why did they cut Beedrill :negative:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Hey so with all the leaks and whatnot happening, any news on multiplayer? Can I play classic 6 v 6 style competitive yet? I remember sun and moon you could not.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
personally I bred up a couple pokemon in USUM that I was planning on using in future competitive-ish fights against friends and those never got used in gen 7 at all.

But that's entirely because my favorite type of battle is doubles (aside from rotation) and doubles ran like a dogshit sandwich in Gen 7

never touched hidden power because that's just a little bit too anal for my tastes but it sucks for everyone who got it legit instead of save editing

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Flopsy posted:

Some of them. God forbid I had plans for the others.

Planning for something that you have no idea if it will be useful or not is, again, just wishful thinking. You can't be upset at anyone but yourself for that.

It's like practicing E. Honda over and over in Street Fighter 2 and then complaining when he's not in Street Fighter 3 and you have to learn someone else. It's the nature of video games.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Flopsy posted:

if u want a screengrab of the future, imagine gamefreak's boot stamping on a gamer's face... 4ever...

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nanigans is doing everything in his power to make me disagree with him even when I don't

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Nanigans posted:

Planning for something that you have no idea if it will be useful or not is, again, just wishful thinking. You can't be upset at anyone but yourself for that.

It's like practicing E. Honda over and over in Street Fighter 2 and then complaining when he's not in Street Fighter 3 and you have to learn someone else. It's the nature of video games.

Again, you keep saying this as if I should've expected to be completely hosed over. I know gamefreak changes things up. That's FINE this is chopping literal chunks of the game out and you're insistently telling me it's my fault that I didn't expect loving DEXIT/MOVE CUTS

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
The closer we get to release day the more excited I am about the new clothing options. The glimpses I've seen in the trailers seem pretty promising :kimchi: I'm also real excited about the possibility of maybe getting the default trainer outfits in Go? Default girl outfit is too cute man

This is where my priorities are apparently

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

So, much like tutors, they're TMs but slightly more annoying to use/get? :geno:

Eh, I still think they should just make all those moves TMs and be done with it.

Not disagreeing, but if they're going to make any moves hard to get, it'd be the best ones, otherwise why would anyone bother?

"Gotta get enough points for...Sand Attack? Nah, not gonna bother."

My favorite random TM was in Gen 4 when you could find the Earthquake TM after like the first gym if you fumbled around a cave without Flash.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Filthy Haiku posted:

Lmao apparently the day/night cycle just doesn't happen in some zones. That's a weird one.
"sunlight is hard okay" -gamefreak, probably
weird that it's only some zones though. I'm imagining walking around the wild area at midnight, walking into a city, and suddenly it's noon. that's honestly more jarring than just having everything in daylight all the time

Nanigans posted:

dude, you're being disingenuous and you know it

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Flopsy posted:

Again, you keep saying this as if I should've expected to be completely hosed over. I know gamefreak changes things up. That's FINE this is chopping literal chunks of the game out and you're insistently telling me it's my fault that I didn't expect loving DEXIT/MOVE CUTS

There's 1000 Pokémon. If Dexit didn't happen now, it was going to happen at some point.

And even if you didn't expect Dexit, expecting that a very specific moveset/build was going to still be of use competitively next time, welp

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Nanigans posted:

The comparison does not hold, and you drat well know it. Very different ways in how compatibility across games is handled.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
My condolences to all of you out there who are about to pay more for less, and to all the incredibly sad people that practiced Pokemon eugenics to kick the poo poo out of 12 year olds online

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Nanigans posted:

It wasn’t useless if it worked in the games you bred them in you oatmeal brained child

What is wrong with you?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Nanigans posted:

There's 1000 Pokémon. If Dexit didn't happen now, it was going to happen at some point.

And even if you didn't expect Dexit, expecting that a very specific moveset/build was going to still be of use competitively next time, welp

So glad you've admitted to being a flat out piece of poo poo, I no longer have to make an effort.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Hammerite posted:

if u want a screengrab of the future, imagine gamefreak's boot stamping on a gamer's face... 4ever...

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Bleck posted:

why did they cut Beedrill :negative:

I will at least have the memory of him being good for all of a game. RIP.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Flopsy posted:

So glad you've admitted to being a flat out piece of poo poo, I no longer have to make an effort.

Lol

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Blaziken386 posted:

dude, you're being disingenuous and you know it

I'm really not. I have boxes of competitively bred Pokémon dating back to RSE and FRLG. But for all the vitriol people can have, I can't muster the desire to care that I can't still use them. I have my happy memories of using those Pokémon and even running and winning goon tournaments, and now I have a lot of new friends and new memories to look forward to who don't invalidate or erase my old happy memories.

Life is fleeting. I'm not saying to not plan for the future. But do it with your friends, your health, your money. Not your video games.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Nanigans posted:

You can change natures and pass on egg moves without breeding. This would be incredible for pokemon you invested time in before.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I don't think there's any need to be lovely to each other about all this.

It's clear we all play the games differently and for different reasons. It sucks that some people feel their enjoyment has been destroyed by the decisions the devs have made. Seriously, that's rough - it's something lost for those people and there's no point going 'haha you enjoy the game in a particular way and now you can't, you IDIOT'.

Those of us who haven't really lost out by this and are still excited don't have to get defensive when other people are really miserable about the changes. I'm going to have a great time, but it's still a shame that everyone can't. Even if some reactions seem extreme to me I try to consider that they come from a place of genuine love for the series.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

My condolences to all of you out there who are about to pay more for less, and to all the incredibly sad people that practiced Pokemon eugenics to kick the poo poo out of 12 year olds online

The one time I tried to competitive battle in online Pokémon the 12 year olds kicked my poo poo in and messaged me to say I was so bad I should never play again

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Edit: I don't know why this poo poo's so hard to load sometimes and honestly I put about as much effort in my posts as gamefreak so gently caress it

Perfect Potato fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 11, 2019

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Blaziken386 posted:

According to the datamine, the new fossils cannot be shiny farmed, have egg moves, will need nature candies, and will only have good IVs if you give them a bottlecap. Thank goodness.

Balancing via pain in the rear end is bad design imo, but doesn't most competitive play happen through sims anyway, where you set perfect IVs instead of having to disrespect your time to get them?

HopperUK posted:

It's clear we all play the games differently and for different reasons. It sucks that some people feel their enjoyment has been destroyed by the decisions the devs have made. Seriously, that's rough - it's something lost for those people and there's no point going 'haha you enjoy the game in a particular way and now you can't, you IDIOT'.

Those of us who haven't really lost out by this and are still excited don't have to get defensive when other people are really miserable about the changes. I'm going to have a great time, but it's still a shame that everyone can't. Even if some reactions seem extreme to me I try to consider that they come from a place of genuine love for the series.

Counterpoint: Liking or disliking a corporate IP is the primary means by which an individual distinguishes itself from members of it's species and is the primary way in which we organize ourselves into tribes and is the healthiest basis for tribal warfare.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 11, 2019

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Change the font to comic sans and you could pass that off as the Silent Hill HD Collection.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

HopperUK posted:

This 1000%

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

CharlestonJew posted:

“Have fun my way while playing Pokemon as a grown rear end adult or else you’re a loving nerd, YOU NERD.” Also true to the series, the 12 year olds can and will usually kick your rear end instead.

But yeah I am am not defending SwSh, it looks lovely. In fact competitive is the only place with challenge left. Why poo poo on that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

HopperUK posted:

:yeah: