Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

SelenicMartian posted:

Vastly improved Mailbox petting.
Improved cat clock material.

Huh...

That's what the kids are calling it these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

wit posted:

stumped me a lot and i gathered crap just for it too. It was worded almost like a promise.

Yeah I was saddened at the absence of subsequent debriefs. I assumed I'd pissed my buddy Kim off somehow.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I specifically did a bunch of stuff in one day just to see if he was proud of our progress or not! Hopefully they eventually add a debrief DLC.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Its Coke posted:

what's wrong with Numenera's writing

Numenera's and DE's prologues are very similar: both riffing on Planescape: Torment. Load up a video playthrough of Numenera's and compare it to how DE did it.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Xander77 posted:

The debrief is just for day 1, it's basically a tutorial.

This is the worst part of the game

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I checked the mailbox and the patting seemed the same to me.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

CottonWolf posted:

That sounds like my jam. What's it called?

It's called For Want of a Nail, by Robert Sobel. It may be the only work of fiction to include a table detailing the failure rate and total assets of a government's small business loans program.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Just found that drat traffic hooligan on the third day.

I'm the drat traffic hooligan

I think that might be my favorite scene in the game.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Need a newer, rawer, more disco gangtag

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Yeah I was saddened at the absence of subsequent debriefs. I assumed I'd pissed my buddy Kim off somehow.

gently caress, Did you really think he was your buddy first time? Did everyone else buy that poo poo?

Caufman
May 7, 2007

UP AND ADAM posted:

This is the worst part of the game

:hmmyes:

I didn't arrest Klaasje because it came up in the morning, and I didn't want to lose Kim for a whole day.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

wit posted:

gently caress, Did you really think he was your buddy first time? Did everyone else buy that poo poo?

I need a buddy, man

I'm so hosed up and lonely my next best friend is my necktie

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Caufman posted:

:hmmyes:

I didn't arrest Klaasje because it came up in the morning, and I didn't want to lose Kim for a whole day.

Are you telling me Kim isn't my buddy? Are you angling for the Great Bloodletting?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Kim is good and my friend. I say this not as harry but as me personally

Caufman
May 7, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

Are you telling me Kim isn't my buddy? Are you angling for the Great Bloodletting?

HORRIFIC NECKTIE - Of course he's your buddy. Look at the revolutionary halo behind him. In fact, mistrusting him is both racist and fascist.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Kim told me he liked my failed check karaoke and genuinely meant it. I would die for him.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

speaking ill against my best friend Kim is a one way ticket to gulag-town

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
When I first met Kim, I was assured with absolute resolution that he would take a bullet for me despite the fact that he had just met me. Truly, he is my half-brother.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

this loving game :allears:

divx
Aug 21, 2005

I quit dipping about 8 months ago and I think its hilarious how Electrochemistry seemingly randomly pops up in your head telling you to do drugs because that still happens to me occasionally in the IRL

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

wit posted:

Who the gently caress do you think you are? Cause I know who Kim is: my buddy.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

kim is real and he is my buddy

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

kim is real and he is my buddy

Kim is real, and strong, and my friend

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
What kind of piteous and wretched creature wouldn't always have Kim's back just like has yours?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
espirit de corps is telling me to kick your rear end

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
I think today's patch broke all my save games? I just went to load my latest save and it gives me the loading screen, then the background changes to the area that I saved in but instead of being able to interact it just gives me the "New Game/Load/Options/Quit" starting screen options. I tried some of my older saves but all have the same issue.

Anyone else encounter this/any fixes out there? Pretty poo poo timing for this to happen right as I'm at the end.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I’d send the bug report form your saves, I heard from another guy the devs fixed one for him.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Glazius posted:

Find some clothing that makes you feel tough?

I also had some success with woading my face up with coal dust but you need enough Authority to not be ashamed to do it.

I think it's technically a side quest so that's really the only way in.

maybe its a 60 hour game for estonians that struggle a lot to read english

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

babypolis posted:

maybe its a 60 hour game for estonians that struggle a lot to read english
As an aside - it's kind of amazing how well written this game is, period, to the point that no one even mentions the whole Eastern-European angle or "jank".

Does anyone remember the writing for Witcher 1? 2, even? All three STALKER games?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Xander77 posted:

As an aside - it's kind of amazing how well written this game is, period, to the point that no one even mentions the whole Eastern-European angle or "jank".

Does anyone remember the writing for Witcher 1? 2, even? All three STALKER games?

I got so used to Eastern-European janky translation from those games that I still find it comforting to read in a weird way.

And yeah, there's not a single trace of it here.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Night10194 posted:

I got so used to Eastern-European janky translation from those games that I still find it comforting to read in a weird way.

And yeah, there's not a single trace of it here.

It probably helped that ZA/UM moved to London during production of this game.

I imagine it was easier to find proofreaders :v:

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Xander77 posted:

Witcher 1 is rough in English, not bad at all in Polish with subtitles. But the VA in Witcher 2 is fine and just as good as anything by BioWare. Stalker was very rough as well as the Gothic games.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

chaosapiant posted:

Witcher 1 is rough in English, not bad at all in Polish with subtitles. But the VA in Witcher 2 is fine and just as good as anything by BioWare. Stalker was very rough as well as the Gothic games.
I'm mostly talking about translation issues, rather than VA or writing quality.

TW1 dialogues still mostly consisted of two people soliloquizing past each other even in Polish.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Xander77 posted:

TW1 dialogues still mostly consisted of two people soliloquizing past each other even in Polish.
I love TW1 dialogues, and especially the ones that veer into random philosophical soliloquies 'cause it's exactly the kind of discourse me and my Eastern European buddies used to get into in the early hours of the morning after spending the night getting shitfaced. Very authentic.

e: VV classic for a reason VV

Perhaps a hamster fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Nov 12, 2019

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-egGn5WYrk

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

This game was good. I'd have appreciated some kind of fast travel system to maybe 3 areas (could have used Kim's car as a viable conceit for this).

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Wondering about characters motivations in regards to the case... why did they all try to cover up the murder making themselves suspicious in the process when none of them ultimately did it?.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence

Avalerion posted:

Wondering about characters motivations in regards to the case... why did they all try to cover up the murder making themselves suspicious in the process when none of them ultimately did it?.

funny thing about the police

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

They were trying to protect Klassje, who they thought did it in response to being raped by the mercenary. Basically they thought the worst they'd have to deal with was the RCM and weren't aware Krenel would massively escalate the situation taking them at their word that they lynched him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

multijoe posted:

They were trying to protect Klassje, who they thought did it in response to being raped by the mercenary. Basically they thought the worst they'd have to deal with was the RCM and weren't aware Krenel would massively escalate the situation taking them at their word that they lynched him.

Never mind that it's extremely possible that escalating the situation was precisely Klassje's job.