Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

No dude. It was a scorpion for sure. Had the beak and everything.

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
mine was a whale that turned into a squid or maybe there was a separate squid im not sure

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Chapter 3 is when the gameplay loop finally clicked for me and now I can't stop making deliveries

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Chapter 3 is when the gameplay loop finally clicked for me and now I can't stop making deliveries

Yeah I'm really glad I got the new gear in chapter 3 before going back and maxing out my S-links from chapter 2. It wasn't immediately obvious to me but you unlock new poo poo for every star you gain with someone . Sometimes it's just cosmetic stuff or new lore interviews but i've also gotten significant gear upgrades that I wouldn't have if I just did the required story deliveries . It's cool that this game seems to have the insane never ending upgrade trees of MGSV but they're locked behind actually playing the game as opposed to just waiting for 8 hours real time lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

group of mules slowly, carefully crossing a player-laid ladder over a crevice to get to me, and me just cackling knocking them off it. i am definitely becoming the bane of all mules

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

group of mules slowly, carefully crossing a player-laid ladder over a crevice to get to me, and me just cackling knocking them off it. i am definitely becoming the bane of all mules

I always carry a smoke bomb with me and leave it at MULE beacons to lulz at the chaos

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Ghosts are real. Real afraid of my piss and poo poo!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I found Geoff :)

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
drank 4 monsters

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
also, about to start the game. hope it's good

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

did a wheelie in between two ghosts and then 10 meters later, big thumbs up from my baby. game is so great

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I’ve heard the term pleb filter before but I don’t think it’s ever applied to anything as much as it does to this game

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

chapter 3 finally unlocked the art of attaching pouches to things, once thought lost in the death stranding

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chapter 3 is so friggin cool. The first time I was wandering around looking at a watchtower, picking up minerals and crystals before getting blindsided by a MULE truck and launched 15 yards into a river I cackled

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also as neat as the first area was this new zone blows it out of the water...I can't believe there's like 50 more hours of stuff to see

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the game is equal parts BotW+MGSV+Dirt Rally, and i am of course epically feasting

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I made several deliveries between Capital Knot City and the western waypoints before unlocking the tricycle and it singlehandedly revolutionized this game for me... now I know how all those old Civil War dotards felt when the Car was invented...

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Cnat wait to see what the skeleton army guts tank Mads Mikkelsen stuff is about. This game has so much promise. I hope Kojima can swag his way into getting another blank check for his next project.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

In Training posted:

Also as neat as the first area was this new zone blows it out of the water...I can't believe there's like 50 more hours of stuff to see

Yeah I just went back to the first area with some of the upgrades from chapter 3 and they make such a big difference. I wasn't paying attention to the star rankings in the beginning so now I need to max out my friendship with Jake Wind

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

the cargo trailers are really cute...brings back fond memories of shredding rails on Big Shell

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

I found Geoff :)

Where is he?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The bola gun is loving sick lol.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

hes on the first map, just south of the bigger northern mule camp

the mules keep stealing his video game art books and godzilla figs, its very sad

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In the Chapter 2 area . If you find some cargo laying around in the field that belongs to him (Ludens Fan) and pick it up his location will be marked on your map

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Chapter 3 is so friggin cool. The first time I was wandering around looking at a watchtower, picking up minerals and crystals before getting blindsided by a MULE truck and launched 15 yards into a river I cackled

They're dangerous when they catch you at the right time yet extremely goofy and fun to terrorize. Basically the classic Metal Gear guard Npc

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The bola gun is loving sick lol.

if you bola the mules in the head it instantly knocks them out

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I love those little drones lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

haunted bong posted:

if you bola the mules in the head it instantly knocks them out

more fun to tie them up and kick them in the head

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I love those little drones lmao

I like the little tune they hum when you send em out on a mission

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I cannot stop laughing at how bad the VA for the girl you transport to the junk dealer is

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

This game loving rules so hard! Anyone who gives death stranding a bad review is an absolute dipshit who hates fun video games.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Leadthumb posted:

This game loving rules so hard! Anyone who gives death stranding a bad review is an absolute dipshit who hates fun video games.

it kicks rear end

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Leadthumb posted:

It's one of those games where even when I'm not playing, I'm thinking about it all the time

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

im having a lot of fun.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I love all the dumb holograms you can unlock

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

HolePisser1982 posted:

did a wheelie in between two ghosts and then 10 meters later, big thumbs up from my baby. game is so great

When my wife was playing she got into some bad terrain on the trike and was just hitting rocks like sideshow bob stepping on rakes over and over, when she finally cleared it BB gave her a like.
She said "Aw thanks Butterfinger, I like you too."

I hope kojima knows he is making the world a better place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I found a bridge foundation someone left behind so I went back to a waystation and carried 800 metal to complete it. Then I look downriver to see an already completed bridge in a much better location. Oops.