Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Balon posted:

Has the full set list for mystery boosters been shared yet? Seems like a fun set to draft over beers, and it looks like there’s some $$$ reprints in it.

the replacement for the playtest cards has not been shared yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

TacoNight posted:

For complexity sake, I'd rather have to muddle through banding than to figure out what cards were in the winning deck(s) of the most recent mythic championship. I do agree that I would rather have a few wacky, fun cards than a few more foils.

luckily for you, one of the cards is a sliver that grants banding!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Did these mystery boosters have anything even in the same Ballpark as Mana Crypt it is that the only serious cash reprint?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

mandatory lesbian posted:

What am I supposed to be remembering

9/11

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Balon posted:

Has the full set list for mystery boosters been shared yet? Seems like a fun set to draft over beers, and it looks like there’s some $$$ reprints in it.

Everything but the foils that replace the playtest cards, formatted in the least helpful way possible.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Bust Rodd posted:

Did these mystery boosters have anything even in the same Ballpark as Mana Crypt it is that the only serious cash reprint?

The money cards will be revealed closer to release.

Also there's a full set of release notes up, if you want to see the official rulings on the test cards.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://www.mtgstocks.com/lists/21?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Change the sort setting to price. Reprints look fantastic. Sounds like you have a 1 in 300 chance of pulling a specific rare.

Hopefully it’ll be a $4 pack. Most likely it’ll be horizons priced at $7. I’ll stick to a release weekend draft and buy the singles I want after a couple weeks if the prices go down a bit.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

The American Dream posted:

Change the sort setting to price. Reprints look fantastic. Sounds like you have a 1 in 300 chance of pulling a specific rare.

Hopefully it’ll be a $4 pack. Most likely it’ll be horizons priced at $7. I’ll stick to a release weekend draft and buy the singles I want after a couple weeks if the prices go down a bit.

Each slot pulls from a sheet with 121 possibilities. So, each card has a 1/121 chance of being in a given pack, not counting the foils, which I've read are also distinct from the other card content.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

There was a time when people tried to predict what the fed rate changes were going to be based on how heavy Alan Greenspan's briefcase was.

People are trying to do the same with pioneer bans based on what Aaron Forsythe looks at during lunch on Mondays.

https://twitter.com/Murk_Lurker/status/1193992873697349632

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Cactrot posted:

There was a time when people tried to predict what the fed rate changes were going to be based on how heavy Alan Greenspan's briefcase was.

People are trying to do the same with pioneer bans based on what Aaron Forsythe looks at during lunch on Mondays.

Kremlinology is the stupidist loving thing.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Moving the ban discussion to Monday's off-site lunch in order to get your boss to pay for your lunch order is a genius move that I am 1000% behind.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Cactrot posted:

Moving the ban discussion to Monday's off-site lunch in order to get your boss to pay for your lunch order is a genius move that I am 1000% behind.

Lol totally. Anyways Cactrot been missing you at fnm get your rear end out here. Standard sucks but limited is really good my dude!

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
This person sucks at his job.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

so are they just not doing a pioneer announcement today? or are they just dragging their feet?

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Veil is banned in Pioneer.

Edit:

TheTofuShop posted:

so are they just not doing a pioneer announcement today? or are they just dragging their feet?

They will have announcements every Monday until they say otherwise in advance, even if all they say is "no changes". This one fell in the middle of the expected range of between 12 PM and 6 PM PST aka "some time after lunch".

Tom Clancy is Dead fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Nov 11, 2019

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
Veil of Summer is banned (in Pioneer)

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/november-11-2019-pioneer-banned-announcement

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

I would think this also means that its toast for standard as well.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Sickening posted:

Yeah, I think this signals that Veil and Oko are both gone in Standard next Monday.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Cactrot posted:

Lmao what restaurant uses fiesta-wear for their plates

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

ahahahahahahahaha

e: also reflector mage was retroactively a good ban, even though it was stupid at the time, but maybe if they hadn't banned mage then cat would have been banned immediately rather than sticking around for way too long

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Nov 11, 2019

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Hellsau posted:

e: also reflector mage was retroactively a good ban, even though it was stupid at the time, but maybe if they hadn't banned mage then cat would have been banned immediately rather than sticking around for way too long

UW flash would've been dominant, then cat even more dominant, then UW monument even more dominant. Reflector Mage was an extremely good ban in hindsight.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

UW flash would've been dominant, then cat even more dominant, then UW monument even more dominant. Reflector Mage was an extremely good ban in hindsight.

Nah. There were two white mythics that were more of the issue but ya know, money was more important.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Regardless, everyone hated the card by the time it was banned.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
First time they've ever banned a sideboard card? Anyway good riddance

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol at Veil but still not Oko

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Cactrot posted:

The more interesting thing is seeing a Wizards employee using Scryfall instead of Gatherer.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Sickening posted:

That's lame as hell.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Star Man posted:

The more interesting thing is seeing a Wizards employee using Scryfall instead of Gatherer.

Okay so that's one good decision...

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Star Man posted:

gatherer is effectively abandoned

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Hellsau posted:

You would be amazed at how many people still use Gatherer. But it's an open secret that Scryfall and Wizards are chummy.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

lol at Veil but still not Oko

They were never going to ban it in Pioneer before Standard, and I also don't think Oko is in need of a ban in Pioneer currently. It was in a couple decks that performed well in the PTQ but completely absent in the Challenge until 19th place.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Sickening posted:

Nah. There were two white mythics that were more of the issue but ya know, money was more important.
I wonder how ubiquitous Gideon was over his seasons in standard. I never saw numbers for that but he felt everywhere for a while.

It is kinda funny to me that MBC's numbers never even sniffed a ban discussion, but they did use it as justification for shifting the reprint policy again, which I'm sure everyone preferred.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Hellsau posted:

Someone was asking MaRo if comments were ever coming back, and he was just "No", and a straight statement like that about something like that is as good as an official statement.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Gatherer comments were never a thing the world needed.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Toshimo posted:

Gatherer comments were never a thing the world needed.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I forgot to keep up with the thread over the weekend but I gotta point out that Terese Nielsen is probably a hyper MAGA chud Q anon believer but the evidence supporting this literally boils down to Like policing. I'll get mad when she starts slipping in the 14 words into her backgrounds.

Hellsau posted:

Good

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
thank you for making sure we heard your apologism

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Eej posted:

I forgot to keep up with the thread over the weekend but I gotta point out that Terese Nielsen is probably a hyper MAGA chud Q anon believer but the evidence supporting this literally boils down to Like policing. I'll get mad when she starts slipping in the 14 words into her backgrounds.

Good

Hell yea I was just thinking this thread needed another 3-4 pages of people being bitchy to each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
The vibe I got was nonspecific anti-establishment conspiracy nut, not chud.

Still not great.