Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lisztless
Jun 25, 2005

E-flat affect

Algid posted:

If tanks neglect their gear they can get real squishy. This is especially true when they're at a level range without access to the various tiers of poe gear and they do have the option to put on generic DoW armor or "DRG plate" both of which are inferior to actual tanking gear. Autoequip will "helpfully" recommend those if they're the highest level stuff around.

If you actually have problem switching targets try to adjust your UI and keybinds to help. I always have tanks on focustarget when I heal (bind to f), and use nearesttarget to go back to the boss (bind to v).

Another obstacle is that lowbie tanks often don’t understand the utility of their cooldowns (i.e., they save them for bosses instead of routine trash packs). This leads to manageable situations quickly becoming clusterfucks when a couple mistakes begin to add up, and sometimes by then hitting the cooldown is too little too late. As somebody who went from 1-80 as PLD, it was not something that I intuitively understood until a competent and well-intentioned healer told me about it and then suggested I push my limits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Also, on the off chance you don't have Regen yet, remember to keep up with your job quests. Pre-30 you only got a new ability every few quests, but starting at 30 you basically get something new for practically every job quest until 60.

e: Note that the 50+ ones require getting to the Heavensward part of the main story, so in all likelihood if you're doing roulettes you'll be well into the 50s (if not 60+) by the time you've made enough MSQ progress, at which point you can knock them all out in one fell swoop.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Just got done with Shadowbringers.

Here is my chat with a friend who already completed it

Me: *after he transfers Matoya back* man, Emet-Selch is a great character.
Friend: Yea
Me: *after the last lightwarden is killed* Update: gently caress emet-selch
*after he does that dirty business with the exarch* ooooooooh really gently caress hjim
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck him
Friend: lol

Then you get into the Tempest
I was not expecting Rapture so my reaction was the same as the Scion Krew. You go in thinking you might find a couple buildings but what. the. hell
It was really touching they were recreations of the past before the splitting and they sacrificed themselves to both split and also preserve life. It was hard hitting that you could see Emet trying desperately to show you how hosed up his world and you all should just keel over just because they were awesome. Ascian logic goes out the window when he stated that he doesn't consider any of you actual whole beings but fragments of his peoples' sacrifices

Doing some faerie quests now. Got into Lyhe Mheg from Tyr Beq completing the first quest but she is not offering any other quests now even though I am friendly which looks like is a requirement and the first quest shows up as completed.

Ran through that entire zone and there is nothing interactable. What am I missing?

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 12, 2019

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I've went back to leveling my White Mage and just tried to do the level 35 dungeon. Eugh, that did NOT go well, basically my worst nightmare as a healer. I tried to focus on damage and only heal when needed, but I couldn't really switch back and forth fast enough for how much damage the tank was taking. Going from launching a Stone 2 to a Cure 2 took so much time! The tank even died once, and then everyone died at the first boss and then I think everyone just kinda left at that point... didn't really look good for me. Maybe I should just stick to DPS...

Qarn sucks. Did the Tank die from lack of healing or the Doom effect, though?

EVIL Gibson posted:

I was not expecting Rapture

Everyone always says this, but I don't know why. After all, it was the working title of Final Fantasy XIV. :v:

On a more serious note, I saw that a different way. Emet has a conversation with you before Mt. Gulg about how you would've undoubtedly liked to have seen Amaurot. So before you go full Sin Eater, he's giving you a chance to see it as a sort of final gift to you.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 12, 2019

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

EVIL Gibson posted:

Ran through that entire zone and there is nothing intractable. What am I missing?
Dailies are done right outside the entrance, not in instance.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Emet has a conversation with you before Mt. Gulg about how you would've undoubtedly liked to have seen Amaurot. So before you go full Sin Eater, he's giving you a chance to see it as a sort of final gift to you.

A "Final Fantasy", if you will. :v:

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Algid posted:

Dailies are done right outside the entrance, not in instance.

Ive done my dailies but this looks totally seperate. Will i eventually get the quest to continue? The daily quest has me doing three things daily and then the quest giver says nothing else.

The quest giver to develop the zone looks like the fairy across from the beast quest giver with the pig

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Everyone always says this, but I don't know why. After all, it was the working title of Final Fantasy XIV. :v:

I dunno about you, but my definition of 'abode' does not include a horizon-spanning cityscape.

I was expecting everything else.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

quarn has bees. bees are very good at killing your tank if you dont prioritize them.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

Awesome! posted:

quarn has bees. bees are very good at killing your tank if you dont prioritize them.

If watching Nicholas Cage movies has taught me one thing its that bees are bad news.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Awesome! posted:

Final Sting does percentile damage too, so there's no way to mitigate it, and if two of them go off at once, you've got a dead tank no matter what.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Fister Roboto posted:

Final Sting does percentile damage too, so there's no way to mitigate it, and if two of them go off at once, you've got a dead tank no matter what.

Damage mitigation abilities reduce it, don't they?

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

EVIL Gibson posted:

Ive done my dailies but this looks totally seperate. Will i eventually get the quest to continue? The daily quest has me doing three things daily and then the quest giver says nothing else.

The quest giver to develop the zone looks like the fairy across from the beast quest giver with the pig

You only get a quest to develop the zone whenever you've done enough dailies to hit your current reputation cap. This will take a couple days' worth of dailies for the first cap, and it'll take longer for each subsequent cap.

Also not all of the cap quests will actually develop the zone, but they will progress the storyline.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

EVIL Gibson posted:

You do three a day until you max out the rep for that rank. Then you get another quest to level up your rank. Repeat until you reach max rep. That’s like a few weeks I think.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

Just tested it, and the answer is no. 70% of my max HP every time, even if I pop a cooldown.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
The only build diversity in WoW I like is some specs have the ability to spec a passive to make their rotation simpler at the cost of a little dps. I’m old and wouldn’t mind lowering the skill ceiling in exchange for raising the floor on a couple dps classes.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

No. Shields help though.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Almost done with TDI's LP of Nier Automata.

I'm going to be disappointed Birth of a Wish (CEO Duet) isn't the final boss theme of the Nier Raid.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Were mammets big in 1.0? I don't remember them showing up in anything besides this Goldsmith quest chain.

Also lala headbutt owns

Also if I can repair thousand year old technology no problem why am I letting the Ironworks do all the work in these raid precursor quests

Edit: oh lol of course the WoL is dumb, it is canon

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Nov 12, 2019

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Were mammets big in 1.0? I don't remember them showing up in anything besides this Goldsmith quest chain.

Also lala headbutt owns

Also if I can repair thousand year old technology no problem why am I letting the Ironworks do all the work in these raid precursor quests

Edit: oh lol of course the WoL is dumb, it is canon

The WoL is capable of doing anything, but only if they are commanded to.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I wanted to look up more stuff about Gigi because wtf, but there isn't anything. Mammets are usually only enemies or minions I guess.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

A Moose posted:

I wanted to look up more stuff about Gigi because wtf, but there isn't anything. Mammets are usually only enemies or minions I guess.

it's a ff9 joke

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, Gigi's story is a barely changed and probably happier version of Vivi's backstory.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

A Moose posted:

In fairness the big mammet manufacturers seem to mostly have been Sharlayan. They do seem interestingly pseudo-sapient though, although Sharlayan magic can also give brooms and frogs sapience so...

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I am the prettiest princess

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Vivi rhymes with Gigi, but not very well.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I dunno about "big" but I seem to recall there are some in the 1.0 Ul'dah opening cutscene. They were part of the world but I don't think they were utilized very much.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

AFAIK they're basically prized premium automaton. You aren't going to use mammets as a labor force but they can do stuff while you parade them around to show off your wealth.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I've went back to leveling my White Mage and just tried to do the level 35 dungeon. Eugh, that did NOT go well, basically my worst nightmare as a healer. I tried to focus on damage and only heal when needed, but I couldn't really switch back and forth fast enough for how much damage the tank was taking. Going from launching a Stone 2 to a Cure 2 took so much time! The tank even died once, and then everyone died at the first boss and then I think everyone just kinda left at that point... didn't really look good for me. Maybe I should just stick to DPS...

trying to DPS effectively on whm is just hard at that level. you don't have SCH's fairy or AST's juicy-at-low-health ogcd, all your healing throughput is on GCDs. just get an idea of how the tank's HP is dropping and spread aeros around if you can

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

I hope this is something you get with the new scrips

Magil Zeal fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Nov 12, 2019

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

CRAFTING FATES

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Patch notes are up.

Ishgard Restoration requires level 20 DoH/L, and opens up once you finish 3.3.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
Also restoration related stuff uses its own specific crafting recipes and gathering nodes in case anyone was worried about that.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Also restoration related stuff uses its own specific crafting recipes and gathering nodes in case anyone was worried about that.

Looks like some of the recipes call for materials from outside though, unless they're also being provided on vendors inside.

Wonder if shard prices are going to move after this.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

Argas posted:

AFAIK they're basically prized premium automaton. You aren't going to use mammets as a labor force but they can do stuff while you parade them around to show off your wealth.

It is mentioned in the ARR questline that their cores provide a limited amount of self-awareness. It's why "Maggie" recognizes you and acts on her own, and why Gigi is, well, Gigi.

Creating sapient life doesn't actually seem to be that unheard of, just expensive or requiring very powerful magic.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Jetrauben posted:

It is mentioned in the ARR questline that their cores provide a limited amount of self-awareness. It's why "Maggie" recognizes you and acts on her own, and why Gigi is, well, Gigi.

Creating sapient life doesn't actually seem to be that unheard of, just expensive or requiring very powerful magic.

Goddamn wizards at it again.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
drat Square didn't open up the new housing plots for individuals this patch...

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

HW spoilers

Oh thank gently caress I love you vidofnir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
The Ultimate Alex weapons are gorgeous; they use the sharpened step of the anima weapons.