Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Lyin crooked logikv9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 199 days!

Oh Snapple! posted:

it's just largely a lie lol

yeah, but a lie is an improvement over vague rumours and "???" and requires a semblance of sanity to construct

and honestly mod admin or shitposter, the semblance of sanity is in danger of vanishing at any given moment

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Matt Zerella posted:

Lyin crooked logikv9

You can take the Hillaryman out of a man, but not the star

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
This is insane. Northwestern had student protests about Jeff sessions on campus, ran stories ans photos, and now the editorial board apologized

quote:

Last week, The Daily was not the paper that Northwestern students deserve.

On Nov. 5, former Attorney General Jeff Sessions spoke on campus at a Northwestern University College Republicans event. The Daily sent a reporter to cover that talk and another to cover the students protesting his invitation to campus, along with a photographer. We recognize that we contributed to the harm students experienced, and we wanted to apologize for and address the mistakes that we made that night — along with how we plan to move forward.

One area of our reporting that harmed many students was our photo coverage of the event. Some protesters found photos posted to reporters’ Twitter accounts retraumatizing and invasive.

While our goal is to document history and spread information, nothing is more important than ensuring that our fellow students feel safe — and in situations like this, that they are benefitting from our coverage rather than being actively harmed by it. We failed to do that last week, and we could not be more sorry.

Some students also voiced concern about the methods that Daily staffers used to reach out to them. Some of our staff members who were covering the event used Northwestern’s directory to obtain phone numbers for students beforehand and texted them to ask if they’d be willing to be interviewed. We recognize being contacted like this is an invasion of privacy, and we’ve spoken with those reporters — along with our entire staff — about the correct way to reach out to students for stories.

Jesus Christ come on kids

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Succ dreams and Pete memes: the logicv9 legacy

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Bernice Anders

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

"surely my suggestion will be well-regarded this time," I mutter as I throw yet another post into the swirling abyss of QCS

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

This is insane. Northwestern had student protests about Jeff sessions on campus, ran stories ans photos, and now the editorial board apologized

texting people without permission using the university's data on them is p rude

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
Climate protests at Biden town hall

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/1194084273067831298

he's not wrong

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

lmao we already went down this road 18 months ago with Patrick, Holder, and Bloomberg and all the other no-hopers. Also there's an Oprah 2020 national speaking tour kicking off

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

lol bullshit. He's a dumb hillbot who only stuck around after 2016 because he has a mod star to hide behind. He doesn't do poo poo in this forum except to stand up for the over-educated arbiters of who-counts-as-human next door whenever they're maligned by the posters here because, like them, he's a privileged gently caress who's likely never experienced suffering in his life and the thought of people being viscerally disgusted by that poo poo and venting about it is foreign to him. the fact that's he's been here for years and both a) hasn't realized that he's the only mod who gives a poo poo about this and b) that hasn't realized he's modding a loving 'yad-lite is a joke.

you make some good points

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Calibanibal posted:

the cspam raid on dnd was organized on several offsite groups incl. Discord, Mumble and IRC and i know the core group who were responsible

The CIA, op.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Victory Position posted:

"surely my suggestion will be well-regarded this time," I mutter as I throw yet another post into the swirling abyss of QCS

you gotta pretend logikv9 has any leftist positions that'll get them demodded real quick

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

vemenently

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Trabisnikof posted:

texting people without permission using the university's data on them is p rude

I think it's in their phone book which isn't uni data but it isn't entirely clear. But just a text isn't rude either

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think the most telling is that he's ignoring very clear and consistent criticism, and then disappeared when people called im out on it.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

bring our drat thread back it had a lot of good informative stuff in it

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

i don't know how logic got his buttons, but it probably wasn't through continuously posting tweetdumps so that's a point in his favor

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Yinlock posted:

hosed up crosspost of a d&d post with that level of effort and length

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Oh Snapple! posted:

bring our drat thread back it had a lot of good informative stuff in it

i am not confident that the forums software can handle this either but you need to ask the new tech admin for details

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

WampaLord posted:

yeah not gonna lie that part sucks

it should have been goldmined

they don't want people to know that pete buttigieg is backed by big jade egg

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

redneck nazgul posted:

i don't know how logic got his buttons, but it probably wasn't through continuously posting tweetdumps so that's a point in his favor

i like that you can ultimately trace dnd's current poo poo environment back to Guyo being exhausted as the only active dnd mod and then doing the dumbest thing imaginable in asking the trump thread who they want as their mod, whereupon they nominated a poster whose only notable quality was tweetdumps to keep all the bad people out and it's spiraled ever since.

LK is fine but it's one fine mod surrounded by poo poo

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

I said No!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

i like that you can ultimately trace dnd's current poo poo environment back to Guyo being exhausted as the only active dnd mod and then doing the dumbest thing imaginable in asking the trump thread who they want as their mod, whereupon they nominated a poster whose only notable quality was tweetdumps to keep all the bad people out and it's spiraled ever since.

LK is fine but it's one fine mod surrounded by poo poo

Yinlock posted:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

WampaLord posted:

they prefer the absence of tension to the presence of justice

this isn't hard, they want it to be a no lefties safe space, just give up there's nothing to be won, let time prove them all wrong and laugh at them

that's what I've done.

now all we have to do is get evilweasel assigned to a cia black site in the mideast.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Lastgirl posted:

they don't want people to know that pete buttigieg is backed by big jade egg

the world must know that John Delaney's ideal lunch is a plain chicken breast between two slices of white bread

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

logikv9 posted:

i am not confident that the forums software can handle this either but you need to ask the new tech admin for details

cool glad a lot of good stuff is basically lost now over a dumb flex

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lol every drat time

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Victory Position posted:

the world must know that John Delaney's ideal lunch is a plain chicken breast between two slices of white bread

the wonder bread processed to poo poo white bread? ah gross, the grease sogging it up like some absorbent breadcake

if thats his diet then yea hes deffo on the roids

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

there's at least like 50 calibanibal posts in that thread and they're gone forever. my legacy

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Calibanibal posted:

there's at least like 50 calibanibal posts in that thread and they're gone forever. my legacy

Your legacy is every smile you put on my face.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

lol @:

Some protesters found photos posted to reporters’ Twitter accounts retraumatizing and invasive.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
I still think about this post all the time

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lmao

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/1194090954740944898

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Addamere posted:

in a qcs thread a while back i asked for nichael and lastgirl to be the C-SPAM mods and an admin said nichael would become a mod but he is still not and we still have shengji and logik :shrug:

nichael erasure

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

:confused:
he served with a wife beater senator for like eight years lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

lmfao

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005