Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

TheKingslayer posted:

I'm not sure I want to know if it's a story or a shoot. Curfew doesn't make her sound... of age.

Neither. It was one those funny tangents where Bryan makes a joke and Dave takes it super literally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Thank god.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I loved the tangent Dave went on about Americans thinking Germany and Austria are part of the UK.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Bryan with some real anti-labor takes on this one.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Jordan7hm posted:

I don’t really get wasting time being mad about someone not liking something you like though.

Because if we don’t correct them then we get more people who think like them.

Punch McLightning posted:

What the gently caress ewwww.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Nov 12, 2019

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

davidbix posted:

I hate to say it, and I'm not trying to "OK, boomer" him or anything like that, but this is kind of exposing how much Dave relies on his memory and how much that could be a liability as he ages. I mean, I've also benefitted journalistically and as a historian from having a weirdly great long-term memory, too, and I'd hate to lose that when I get older, but I've also been building a massive digital trove of historical documents and resources over the years, while Dave...just kind of relies on his memory and his own writings. As big a fan of Kenny Omega as he is, thinking that Omega did a lot of death matches in the Delaware valley is...really weird and maybe even concerning? I'm probably overreacting, but it's such a specifically weird mistake to make.

Nice of you to let us know about Dave’s deteriorating condition. Do you have anyone in mind that we should start listening to as a replacement for Dave?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Punch McLightning posted:

This is overstating it a bit. He was doing what people in the WWE discussion threads have done. He said, paraphrasing, I have no sympathy for anyone who re-signs with WWE now expecting not to be put in embarrassing storylines and lose all the time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I don't think it is anti-labor to say that if you sign with WWE you better expect to be put in lovely storylines and not pushed well and if you get upset about those things he has no sympathy.

It's like saying you have no sympathy for someone who applies to Disney World to play Mickey and then complains they look stupid in the Mickey costume. You can feel bad they are underpaid and otherwise have their rights trampled upon, but you knew you'd look that way when you signed.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

For someone who doesn't have the sub, what exactly did Dave say and what did Bryan say in response in regards to Dave's new opinion about the Mox match.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

I don't think it is anti-labor to say that if you sign with WWE you better expect to be put in lovely storylines and not pushed well and if you get upset about those things he has no sympathy.

It's like saying you have no sympathy for someone who applies to Disney World to play Mickey and then complains they look stupid in the Mickey costume. You can feel bad they are underpaid and otherwise have their rights trampled upon, but you knew you'd look that way when you signed.

Labor should organize so that they can wear the Epic Mickey costume

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Spikegal posted:

For someone who doesn't have the sub, what exactly did Dave say and what did Bryan say in response in regards to Dave's new opinion about the Mox match.

Dave said that rewatching it he couldn't say it wasn't a great match because they had the crowd and told a story, so even if he didn't personally like it he couldn't be one of those people who just said it was bad because he personally hated it. He noted the feedback response had been split but more people thought it was great than bad. Bryan's response was "WHAT MADE IT GOOD???" And Dave basically repeated what he'd just said.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Dave said that rewatching it he couldn't say it wasn't a great match because they had the crowd and told a story, so even if he didn't personally like it he couldn't be one of those people who just said it was bad because he personally hated it. He noted the feedback response had been split but more people thought it was great than bad. Bryan's response was "WHAT MADE IT GOOD???" And Dave basically repeated what he'd just said.

I love when someone cites their reasons and presents examples as to why they think something and the first response back is OH YEAH PROVE IT WHERE'S YOUR EVIDENCE!

Like, motherfucker were you not listening to me?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Yep. A contract of almost any kind is a very serious decision. You should assess the best, most likely and worst case scenarios before entering one. There's a least 18 years of a track record to assess when it comes to WWE too. It isn't some type of pioneering business deal.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Spikegal posted:

Like, motherfucker were you not listening to me?
it’s Bryan. He was assuredly busy fiddling with some audiophile nonsense while Dave was talking

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The glee in Dave's laugh when Bryan started riffing on "Randy Orton is Ricochet's angry dad" while recapping the match :allears:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Labor should organize so that they can wear the Epic Mickey costume

Justice for Oswald

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Haven't had a chance to listen but I can't imagine Leslie Lee not making this a must listen.

https://twitter.com/EatTheRichPod/status/1194265096635256840

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
The real pro labor take isn’t “be wary when signing a contract with WWE,” it’s “the WWE should be obliterated.”

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

nationalize the WWE and make all wrestlers eligible for federal benefits packages.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I don't have a lot of sympathy for WWE wrestlers who act surprised they're getting bad material but it doesn't feel fair to act like they're idiots for signing the contract. Until very recently WWE was the only company where you could wrestle and make enough to support a family. The contracts could have language about owning your soul and people would still sign them because of WWE's virtual monopoly.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol dave was really funny

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The Filthy Four Daily show got a new theme and it's improvement because, unlike the old one, there's a lead-in now before it blows your eardrums out:

https://bulletbillclub.bandcamp.com/track/filthy-four-theme

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

I don't have a lot of sympathy for WWE wrestlers who act surprised they're getting bad material but it doesn't feel fair to act like they're idiots for signing the contract. Until very recently WWE was the only company where you could wrestle and make enough to support a family. The contracts could have language about owning your soul and people would still sign them because of WWE's virtual monopoly.

Bryan said anyone going forward.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jerusalem posted:

Absolutely loving INCREDIBLE.

Vince HATED that segment, to the point he wanted to run down to the ring and stop it while it was in progress, and was being talked down by guys in the back. When the rating came in, Rock and Mankind went to his office to rub it in his face but he wasn't there.... until they realized he was hiding behind the couch :laffo:

Also I loved the segment where they started running through the scenarios of Ricochet trying to date Randy Orton's daughter :laugh:

Gotta be honest, I'm siding with Vince on this one.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Nice of you to let us know about Dave’s deteriorating condition. Do you have anyone in mind that we should start listening to as a replacement for Dave?
No, contrary to what you and Dave think, nobody is trying to Great Replacement him.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

So does Alvarez always get weird about pre-taped shows or was the WWE UK thing happening while his personal life imploded? A lot of wild takes from him.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

davidbix posted:

No, contrary to what you and Dave think, nobody is trying to Great Replacement him.

You're actually awful. A total rat. That post about Dave's health was the worst kind of concern trolling.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Incidentally Bryan's opinion of Mox/Omega has moved to "It was good for what it was".

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Legit excited for Bryan to get bullied every time he doesn’t like an AEW main event

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

illcendiary posted:

Legit excited for Bryan to get bullied every time he doesn’t like an AEW main event

we should bully you because you're never ever going to stop crying about this

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

I won’t stop I have to defend them

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

illcendiary posted:

Alvarez is an adult. He can choose to get hit or not to get hit. He knows what he's supposed to do.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

bullying illcendiary sounds 1000x more fun than bullying Alvarez. Alvarez's stances legit loving confuse me most of the time.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Bring it on haters 😤👍👍

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Don't fight guys :(

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think it would wonderful if bix reached out to dave privately and offered him a great digital library of accounts and notes

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Cavauro posted:

i think it would wonderful if bix reached out to dave privately and offered him a great digital library of accounts and notes

Agreed, Bix should buy Dave an account

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Don’t we have photographic evidence that Dave literally lives in a pro wrestling archive

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dave, what'd you think of the thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I think the review of raw is the first time I've ever heard Dave say a curse word