Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
I know Bleach is not good, but I would like to read the Thousand Year Blood War arc anyway, where do I start?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Jose posted:

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1005892

a new series on mangaplus about a world in permanent darkness and the main characters journey to bring back "morning"

I'm going to read this when there are a few extra chapters. The art style is a bit iffy for me though.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

LibrarianCroaker posted:

I know Bleach is not good, but I would like to read the Thousand Year Blood War arc anyway, where do I start?

Chapter 480 (beginning of volume 55)

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Thanks!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
In the new The Seven Deadly Sins, the battle with the demon king ends with a wet fart.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

RatHat posted:

In the new The Seven Deadly Sins, the battle with the demon king ends with a wet fart.

this arc was approaching bleach levels of "END! ENNNNND!"

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Oxxidation posted:

Yeah, it got pretty bad for this last fight. I honestly wish it would've ended with the previous one. I'd probably remember the end a tiny bit more fondly.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Oxxidation posted:

Oh just you wait, now they've gotta take down the Supreme Goddess.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

RatHat posted:

On the bright side, this round was super short and the art for the demon king was really nice.

On the other hand, he was such a bad villain.

I wonder how long escanor still has.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I guess the AoT mangaka was told he has a handful of chapters to wrap things up.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Paracelsus posted:

I guess the AoT mangaka was told he has a handful of chapters to wrap things up.

Like did you read this somewhere or are you basing it off how it feels like the finale? We've known AoT was going to end soon for a while. Not all mangaka want to keep their series going indefinitely.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

RatHat posted:

Like did you read this somewhere or are you basing it off how it feels like the finale? We've known AoT was going to end soon for a while. Not all mangaka want to keep their series going indefinitely.

The most recent chapter is such an abrupt change from the one before it that I had to double-check whether I'd missed multiple chapters, and covers what seems like multiple major plot arcs.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Yuu doing the Spider Suit proud.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Paracelsus posted:

The most recent chapter is such an abrupt change from the one before it that I had to double-check whether I'd missed multiple chapters, and covers what seems like multiple major plot arcs.

Huh? The latest chapter starts with a flashback and then halfway through returns to immediately where the last chapter ended.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Looks like I am missing a bunch of chapters.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
To steal text from a discord I'm in.

We Never Learn: c135
tags: monster girl, mind control, femdom, teasing, threesome

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dexo posted:

Ogata's gotten a lot more interesting as a character after showing some initiative, she's no longer "girl who eats udon in the side", which is great.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dexo posted:

Today I have the biggest poo poo-eating grin

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
So good news and bad news. Good news is Silver Spoon came off Hiatus, bad news it is also ending soon after.
https://twitter.com/comic_natalie/status/1191731979617738753

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

So good news and bad news. Good news is Silver Spoon came off Hiatus, bad news it is also ending soon after.
https://twitter.com/comic_natalie/status/1191731979617738753
The series felt like it was wrapping up before the hiatuses (hiatii?) anyway, I'm just happy to see it's getting finished.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Kill All Humans posted:

The series felt like it was wrapping up before the hiatuses (hiatii?) anyway, I'm just happy to see it's getting finished.

Very same.

Say, what happened to the Silver Spoon thread? Did it drop off into the archives?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Dexo posted:

Didn't like it very much, except the twist at the end.

Ogata doing double time to catch up to the other girls.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Dexo posted:

One of the weirdest things across all of fiction is how people can change clothes between panels and then everyone acts surprised, like they didn't just see they the person pick up the clothes and presumably walk away for a minute or so.

Like, it's not just manga or even Japanese, it's omnipresent.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Man the puns were so much better in the official translation.

Heh... going ogreboard...

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Space tale
Jaimini appears to have stalled, but someone on Mangadex is still translating this. :)
I'm liking this so far, good to see the author kept Valkery dead, it raises the stakes

Mulderman posted:

Man the puns were so much better in the official translation.

Heh... going ogreboard...

Yeah, that was a grade A pun.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

As much as I love Silver Spoon, it finally ending feels like a much needed mercy killing. It's still great and it was barreling towards the conclusion anyway, but it's going to be nice to have some finality when most of its existence was mired in hiatuses.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Yeah, I'm invested in Hachiken's story so it's a huge relief to know Silver Spoon will have a conclusion soon.

I wish I could say the same for HunterXHunter... :negative:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Heartgear
Even through my specially made shock absorbing material I couldn't fully manage the damage.

:japan:

Her design was really out of place in this story after taking off her armor.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Brings new meaning to boob plate armor.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

kidcoelacanth posted:

As much as I love Silver Spoon, it finally ending feels like a much needed mercy killing. It's still great and it was barreling towards the conclusion anyway, but it's going to be nice to have some finality when most of its existence was mired in hiatuses.
What happened? Health problems?

Arakawa ran a pretty tight ship back when she was doing FMA so I'm presuming any upsets would be something beyond her control. She's no Hirano, at least.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Bad Seafood posted:

Arakawa ran a pretty tight ship back when she was doing FMA so I'm presuming any upsets would be something beyond her control. She's no Hirano, at least.

I vaguely recall something about a death in the family.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Darth TNT posted:

Heartgear
Even through my specially made shock absorbing material I couldn't fully manage the damage.

:japan:
I'll be honest, I didn't know what you were talking about but this is hands down the funniest manga reveal I've seen in some time. Best justification for boobs on robots ever. Never change Japan, never change.

quote:

Her design was really out of place in this story after taking off her armor.
Ironically, the combat maid from the earlier chapters maintained aesthetics better than the commander here. It's really just the lack of any obvious mechanical components that's more egregious than the massive tits.

Edit:

Bad Seafood posted:

It's most likely family health issues. She made a post recently talking about how her son and husband have some hard to manage disease over the past couple years. Plus an earlier hiatus was caused because she was taking care of her parents. So Arakawa is probably retiring so she can go be a mom/wife/daughter.
https://websunday.net/backstage/arakawa/

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Nov 12, 2019

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Isn't she still doing the arslan series?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

I'll be honest, I didn't know what you were talking about but this is hands down the funniest manga reveal I've seen in some time. Best justification for boobs on robots ever. Never change Japan, never change.

Ironically, the combat maid from the earlier chapters maintained aesthetics better than the commander here. It's really just the lack of any obvious mechanical components that's more egregious than the massive tits.

That reveal made me facepalm and laugh at the same time, so I ended up eating my hand. :shrug:

Anyway, it's not just the massive tits I'm referring to though. (Though she's the first to sport such a fanserviceriffic design.)
It's also the general style. This manga for the most part has a very rough/dark style.
Like Chrome somehow always looks like a sketch.
The maid you mentioned also has very rough lines.
Yet this new girls lines are perfect.
She sticks out like a very pretty thumb, so I wonder if something will come out of that. It seems like something you could use to draw a distinction between her being somehow more developed/in control.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Jose posted:

Isn't she still doing the arslan series?
I think so, at least! Since I read the novels, I'm not as invested in the retelling, tbh.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Jujutsu Kaisen may be getting an anime announcement this week.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

give that to a decent studio and fix some of the weird transitions and I'm in

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I will at least watch the episode where the one guy starts fabricating memories of him with the MC and his power reveal.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

First season should be entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i've decided that SHY is insanely good