Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

iospace posted:

Are any of them capable of learning false swipe?

parasect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

iospace posted:

Are any of them capable of learning false swipe?

Parasect has HA Damp and can learn false swipe

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

This is ultimately a bit silly, but can someone tell me how many/which of my shiny mons are about to get culled. I think that's the biggest sting for me as I got them all legit outside Xerneas and Omastar (wonder traded)

I already know I won't be able to use that Mareep as I had to use it as a example in that other thread after hearing it was cut but still :v:

Banned from England:
Lycanroc
Comfey
Lurantis
Liligant
Oricorio
Azumarill
Wigglytuff
Alakazam
Mismagius
Meganium
Metagross
Xerneas
Luxray
Omastar
Altaria
Medicham
Mareep
Zorua

As Kurieg says, data exists in the game for Alolan Ninetails, Incineroar, Decidueye and Alolan Raichu

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

DemoneeHo posted:

Banned from England:
Azumarill
Altaria

As Kurieg says, data exists in the game for Alolan Ninetails, Incineroar, Decidueye and Alolan Raichu

absolute barbarians

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:lol:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Cattail Prophet posted:

At a glance, I think somewhere between a quarter and a third of those got cut. I'd say you made out pretty well, all things considered.

Kurieg posted:

The following i know for sure are in as they're in the dex.
Rhibombee, pumpkin, Mimikyu, Espeon, Gengar, Lucario, Bewear, Noivern, Sylveon, Gardevoir, Chandelure, Goomy.

The following might be able to be transferred in as there's data in the game for them.
A-Ninetales and Raichu, Decidueye, Incineroar

Sounds alright to me then, wish I coulda brought em all over but eh. I just found something relaxing about breakin' eggs in the post game and seeing what popped out. None of them are competitive or know egg moves or whatever, I just liked collecting :shobon:

DemoneeHo posted:

Banned from England:
-list-

Some of these hurt more than others but then I see Zorua and remember GF briefly trying to see if it would be Lucario 2.0 and laugh. I pity that poor thing.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Yeeep even double health is not gonna save you from a 4x Snipe shot.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alright.

My goal is all non-legendary mons that I can get without trading (read: version exclusives and trade evos) in beast balls at a rate greater than hours played.

I have like 40 more dex entries than hours at this point :v: (and two more entries once I get two evos to fire!). I think Gengar is going to be the bitch for this goal, I already got my fire moth:3:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
I'm disappointed that there isn't fanart of Toxtricity and Salazzle yet. I want my cool poison lizards to hang out.

That being said, I'm shocked and relieved there isn't rule 34 fanart of Toxtricity and Salazzle.

Edit: They went the most obvious route with the applin line shinies and I'm so happy about it. Granny Smith dragons!
https://i.imgur.com/D8RFfGg.jpg

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Za warudo

RatHat posted:

Yeeep even double health is not gonna save you from a 4x Snipe shot.

Comical to see the guy flex so hard and pose for his gigantamax ace and then it just gets Frieza death ray'd

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

'you can be as big as you want but I'm still 4x super effective with my best move'

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This rules so loving much. How do you even manage to code this bad?

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Listen, nerds. You want bad releases? I was there playing Arkham Knight at terrible PC release. I played that slog and LIKED IT! You'll collect those polkamons like good kids and take it.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I can't even think of a technical reason for this.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the year is 2030. no one knows what causes the different forms in toxtricity yet. the current theory is related to the phases of the moon. gamefreak has never released any info on the subject and has even reportedly added a third form entirely that combines the two colors and gives it a liberty spikes hairdo. people are, understandably, 'frustrated'.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

qnqnx posted:

I can't even think of a technical reason for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ILdhZkce-8

literally SNES age coding

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zodack posted:

Za warudo

Comical to see the guy flex so hard and pose for his gigantamax ace and then it just gets Frieza death ray'd

I mean look at the dude he looks like the very definition of failson.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Zodack posted:

Za warudo

That's sincerely pathetic.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I've been trying to stay optimistic as the only thing that really bugged me was the megas being gone, but jeeeesus, this is looking actually bad.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i can't see it because work blocks 4chan is it funny

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

the year is 2030. no one knows what causes the different forms in toxtricity yet. the current theory is related to the phases of the moon. gamefreak has never released any info on the subject and has even reportedly added a third form entirely that combines the two colors and gives it a liberty spikes hairdo. people are, understandably, 'frustrated'.

We know already, it’s just down to nature.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

autumnal oddium posted:

i can't see it because work blocks 4chan is it funny

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Ahahahaha

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Everything starts making sense. Everything.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
pokemon is a power fantasy where you play as an all-powerful god that can freeze time

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Rollin' coal :clint:

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Licarn posted:

pokemon is a power fantasy where you play as an all-powerful god that can freeze time

No, you catch that time god instead

Dialga confirmed for SwSh

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Avalerion posted:

We know already, it’s just down to nature.

i want to have two of them so i can make the yellow one electric-focused and the purple one poison-focused. i dunno if this would even be viable but it'd be cool as hell in my head.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
So how exactly do hidden abilities work in this gen? I want that Protean Cinderace.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Framboise posted:

So how exactly do hidden abilities work in this gen? I want that Protean Cinderace.

I remember something about raid pokemon having them or having a chance to have them. For starters we are probably stuck waiting for a giveaway.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

That freeze frame stuff is a deliberate choice. It's harder to do it that way. It'd be easier to not freeze them.

I must be broken and I'm obviously not a hardcore Pokemon game fan because I just can't get worked up over a lot of this. I do understand the Dexit bummers that folks have but everything else just makes me shrug. Excited to catch those mons!

mutata fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Nov 12, 2019

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

mutata posted:

That freeze frame stuff is a deliberate choice. It's harder to do it that way. It's be easier to not freeze them.

I must be broken and I'm obviously not a hardcore Pokemon game fan because I just can't get worked up over a lot of this. I do understand the Dexit bummers that folks have but everything else just makes me shrug. Excited to catch those mons!

This is me. I think the most disappointing thing for me is the graphical issues/draw distance problems but it won't stop me. The earbuds thing is dumb if true but I never mess with sound settings anyway.

I'm just excited to trample everything with extremely cute fairies and a dapper poison fairy. :3:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Xp share always on is the change that comes closest to making me mad

The terrible/weird graphics stuff is more sad than anything else

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Zodack posted:

Za warudo

Could someone please explain the joke here? Looks like a character going partway up a ladder then down a rung (implying that one has control over how far they are up the ladder and it's not a canned climbing animation) then the gif resets.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Ambaire posted:

Could someone please explain the joke here? Looks like a character going partway up a ladder then down a rung (implying that one has control over how far they are up the ladder and it's not a canned climbing animation) then the gif resets.

Look at the guys tossing pokeballs.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ambaire posted:

Look at the trainers on the left

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

As long as the game doesnt run like poo poo during battles I really don't care how the game looks

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Doubles better be smooth as gently caress

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

can someone post the dog walking in place as it turns again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Framboise posted:

Look at the guys tossing pokeballs.

Oh, I see. As soon as you get on the ladder, the world freezes.