Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

beto sex cramp posted:

so hang on... is there any evidence of Morales fixing the election? yes or no

based on that linked thread it sounded like the final official count aligned with polling and only varied from the early incomplete count by like 1% for either candidate

We have the trusted word of Mike plumpo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
This Bolivia poo poo is above my pay grade I'm gonna stick to TRUNP

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

falsified Talley sheets !!

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

This Bolivia poo poo is above my pay grade I'm gonna stick to TRUNP

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Toxic Mental posted:

Guy in the next cubicle once again talking about how he genital mutilated his baby to everyone who walks by his cube and describing the whole procedure over and over and everyone is like “oh yeah it’s so hard, awwww poor little guy” and I’m like god drat

“my wife cried when they put the apparatus on him” and these wine spritzer chud moms who work in accounting are like “oh yeah the first time is tough, when my boys had it done the first time I was scared but the second time I was like whatever!!”

If he tried to talk to me about it I’m gonna be like “uh I don’t think it’s appropriate to talk about this in the office”

god the banality of this

the insipid drivel of this water cooler office level talk

capitalism really does suck lmao

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

mormonpartyboat posted:

again, no

he did some stupid poo poo trying to make himself president for life but it failed other than getting the courts to rule term limits unconstitutional even though the constitution is explicit about a two term limit lol

yeah i got that answer already

i figured the person who said that "the people don’t want to same leader any more" must be convinced that the vote counts are faked, which is a very serious allegation & presumably has some kind of concrete evidence backing it up

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

beto sex cramp posted:

is there evidence of Morales fixing the election?

from my understanding:

Bolivia does a 'quick count' which is somewhat akin to a more accurate exit poll, and then an official count which obviously takes longer. The quick count updates throughout the day. It is normally stopped at 80% of votes counted so that it doesn't conflict with the final count. They stopped it at 80%, and Morales had not reached the threshold to win outright. Suddenly the OAS bitches about it out of the blue, Bolivia agrees to update the quick count again. By now Morales has enough of a lead to win outright. The reason for the increase in his votes is because it takes longer to get returns from the more remote rural regions where he is most popular. Immediately everyone screams fraud, and Morales offers to let the OAS review the final, official count and offer new elections if the OAS deems it appropriate. His opposition rejects the idea, and then they remove him from power via coup. We will never know what the actual final official count is because the government was overthrown before it could be done.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
lmao
https://twitter.com/alanhe/status/1194295559923916803?s=19

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

The situation in Bolivia

nah i dont have any opinion on that

i know some things but not enough to form an opinion

other than "nazis are obv worse than even lovely leftists", ofc

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Toxic Mental posted:

Guy in the next cubicle once again talking about how he genital mutilated his baby to everyone who walks by his cube and describing the whole procedure over and over and everyone is like “oh yeah it’s so hard, awwww poor little guy” and I’m like god drat

“my wife cried when they put the apparatus on him” and these wine spritzer chud moms who work in accounting are like “oh yeah the first time is tough, when my boys had it done the first time I was scared but the second time I was like whatever!!”

If he tried to talk to me about it I’m gonna be like “uh I don’t think it’s appropriate to talk about this in the office”

Edit: trump probably also genital mutilates his sons

please keep posting ur work gossip this is good posting

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
smugly to everyone in the office talking about their baby's first bris:] we live in a society :twisted:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
do the hearings begin at 10 am eastern tomorrow or is it central?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

Toxic Mental posted:

kill white people

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

good metaphor for being a journalist in 2019

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
who the gently caress is forming opinions

show yourself coward

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Lastgirl posted:

god the banality of this

the insipid drivel of this water cooler office level talk

capitalism really does suck lmao

used up all my pto so im taking my infant son to get his dick all hosed up and they aint even gonna pay me for it

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

lol we maxed out already?

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Toxic Mental posted:

If you've been here a while you have vastly more experience with concern-trolling than normal people

Just be supportive and say that people who call such a beautiful tradition "genital mutilation" are blowing things way out of proportion, and work from there

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Al! posted:

we probably already know the dude monitoring cspam and he's probably a very popular poster

I wouldn't call arfjason "popular" but,

Serf
May 5, 2011

i wonder who the oas are getting paid by. i mean, i know its america, i just wonder which alphabet agency is handling it

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Love everyone feeling great and happy that I cut part of my kid’s dick off

Religion is an important and inextricable part of American history and is good

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

emfive posted:

what's the acronym for "exploding with laughter and I can't breath"

Mainland Chinese accuse the CIA of every misfortune that affects their country, especially in Hong Kong.

Current US foreign policy is to be chummy with authoritarians, and accuse demonstrators themselves of misbehaving with violence.

CIA, George Soros, FSB, so many invisible actors around us can never be too careful these days

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
“my wife cried when they put the apparatus on him”

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Live Free posted:

used up all my pto so im taking my infant son to get his dick all hosed up and they aint even gonna pay me for it

lmfao

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Serf posted:

i wonder who the oas are getting paid by. i mean, i know its america, i just wonder which alphabet agency is handling it

it's usually USAID for stuff like this. that's who did it for Ukraine.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Louisgod posted:

do the hearings begin at 10 am eastern tomorrow or is it central?

It's never central

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Lastgirl posted:

show yourself coward

WELL ACTUALLY,

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Here's some goofy poo poo from a newsletter my wife got:

https://www.profgalloway.com/run

quote:

Elizabeth Warren has put on a master class on how to run a campaign. In September I hosted a fundraiser for Democratic Presidential Candidate Senator Michael Bennet. Fifty successful civic-minded people showed up to support a candidate who demonstrates the character, empathy, and brains that have been absent from Pennsylvania Avenue since January 20, 2017. That same night, 2,200 meters northwest of my apartment, 20,000 people showed up for an event hosted by Senator Warren. Senator Warren is impressive, substantive, and would lose 38-45 states in a match-up against Trump. A 69-year-old, impressive woman was a disaster in 2016, and (as is the definition of insanity) we should not expect a different outcome in 2020.

Self-appointed spokespeople for the economy have been fearmongering about the markets being cut in half if Warren is elected, which is ridiculous. Data shows that Democratic administrations register greater gains in the markets than Republicans. Artificially suppressed interest rates, irresponsible levels of debt, and a foreign policy that is a cocktail of incompetence and embarrassment is not a long-term winner for the markets.

In addition, we’re studying for the wrong test. The Dow is one of the least important metrics in our society, indicating the health of the wealthiest — 80% of stocks are owned by the top 10% income-earning households. A better question: Which candidate could reverse a 3-year decline in life expectancy? Facebook, Russia, Chipotle, unemployment … what do any of these things matter if we’re dying sooner?

The lesson of 2016 wasn’t the overlooked minority of angry white dudes, but that the US, while making big strides against racism and homophobia, is still wildly sexist. Elizabeth Warren enters the race 4 points behind because she has ovaries. NYT polling research confirms that many of Senator Warren’s attributes are viewed as negative simply because she is a she. Btw, the woman who stands the best shot of being president is Nikki Haley. No, not Ivanka. Ivanka stands the best shot of being a discount shoe designer and a pariah.

Bloomberg is all the great taste of Trump (a billionaire who offends snowflakes) with none of the calories (smart, competent, not a bigot). A VP pick of Buttigieg would seal the deal. Billionaire and no bone spurs — B2 … for the win.

Mayor Bloomberg wants to be president but doesn’t want to run (risk losing), and keeps asking the nation to anoint him commander in chief with leaks and polls. Dude, there’s a lot of things we all want. Nobody gets to be president without walking on coals.

We are here for so little time.

Mayor Bloomberg, you are old and will be here for less. Wouldn’t it be nice to spend the last years of your life making your home (earth) a better place for the people you love, and the rest of us?

Stop polling, stop leaking. Run.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i can get paid for this?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
my bridge baby cried when i put the apparatus on him and i frantically tried to shush him the gently caress up

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mormonpartyboat posted:

also this isnt right

the '67 constitution said that the pres/vp can serve two terms max but they can't be in a row, and the recent change was in '09 and said that the two terms could be served in a row

there was a referendum in '16 that morales pushed to get term limits out of the constitution, but it didnt get enough votes so he just went to the courts

either way term limits are kind of irrelevant in a context when the far right takes control of the military and throws anyone to the left of pinochet out of office at the barrel of a gun

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All the spook weirdos post the same

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Al! posted:

we probably already know the dude monitoring cspam and he's probably a very popular poster

:wave:

Hi Agent Mike

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BONGHITZ posted:

i can get paid for this?

just lmao if ur shitposting for free

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Der Meister posted:

please keep posting ur work gossip this is good posting

um i was just working in a spreadsheet and the cells started moving on their own like the brooms from fantasia, which made me realize my boss was in there tinkering while i was trying to get poo poo done

thats it, thats my morning! have a great night everybody.

Serf
May 5, 2011

BONGHITZ posted:

i can get paid for this?

depends, are you willing to lick fascist boots?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Lastgirl posted:

show yourself coward

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

beto sex cramp posted:

yeah i got that answer already

i figured the person who said that "the people don’t want to same leader any more" must be convinced that the vote counts are faked, which is a very serious allegation & presumably has some kind of concrete evidence backing it up

ya its mostly just people using the fact that there has been a lot of leftist grumbling about poo poo like morales' homophobia/sexism, declaring open season on the amazon, or his weirdass tower of power residence to argue that a lot of people support a nazi coup which is v strange for normal people to think or post!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Nae! posted:

um i was just working in a spreadsheet and the cells started moving on their own like the brooms from fantasia, which made me realize my boss was in there tinkering while i was trying to get poo poo done

thats it, thats my morning! have a great night everybody.

owned