Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

A tournament instead of E4, so you battle 4 trainers regardless. Victory road apparently is a hallway with 6 trainers.

Well if it's like the PWT from BW2 and the trainers have decent teams I could get behind that I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

ROFL Octopus posted:

I was looking forward to being Sobble buddies with you. :smith: You converted me.

Take good care of the blue boi for me. We'll always be sobble buddies in our hearts. :hfive:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Live Free posted:

i agree. in my opinion, the next gen should have only 15 pokémon

Four of them are still water types.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

CommunityEdition posted:

If you’ve got all of those other past games can you just hack on one of them and transfer over to your host game if it works?

That’s the plan but I’ve read horror stories of people corrupting their saves by loving up and then losing the save entirely. That’s scary as hell.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

A Sometimes Food posted:

3 of them is the Charizard line.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

indigi posted:

I'm gonna buy it and play the gently caress out of it. I also wish it looked like it was going to be better.

:same:

I'm gonna like this game, everything I've seen about the game itself has made me go 'oh yea that's cool' but it is disappointing they seemed to prioritize pushing out a Switch Pokemon game over getting it extra good like the debut on a console should be

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Anyone have that clip handy of the Cramorant spitting the dead pikachu at his opponent?

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

A Sometimes Food posted:

i think you mean fourteen. last spot goes to the main man pikachu, with charizard as paid dlc

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

extra row of teeth posted:

That’s the plan but I’ve read horror stories of people corrupting their saves by loving up and then losing the save entirely. That’s scary as hell.
I can't help you with the goo blob or the furry, but I might be able to help you with volcarona?
e: yeah it'll take a little bit but I haven't actually caught the one in my white 2 game

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Flopsy posted:

Take good care of the blue boi for me. We'll always be sobble buddies in our hearts. :hfive:

:hai:

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Blaziken386 posted:

I can't help you with the goo blob or the furry, but I might be able to help you with volcarona?

Sorry I had a brain fart, meant to type Volcanion (the fire/water thing). Thank you though :)

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

As someone who hasn't bothered to actually transfer pokemon between games in generations, the Dexit stuff is something I could not care less about. For a long time it seemed like people were just being weirdly salty about everything else because they were really mad about Dexit.

But the Wild Area looks really lame, and that's really sad because it's an idea I think is neat. The appeal of an open world is discovering new things and traveling through atmospheric landscapes. Maybe it's just because everyone's posting the jankiest parts, but I don't get that impression at all from what we've seen. Even the curated stuff back during E3 seemed like big empty poorly textured areas for the sake of bigness, rather than atmosphere.

Oh well. Even if the Wild Area ends up a wasted opportunity, the rest of the game looks good, and the new pokemon (the biggest appeal) are fantastic this time around.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Elblanco posted:

Gen 9 needs to be in pokeMexico where the gyms are all lucha matches.

So, hear me out.

No, don't turn away from my bad edgy opinions yet!

Pokemon has handled some real world topics. Genocide and Rampant Capitalism in Gen 6, Parental Abuse and Poverty in Gen 7, so for Gen 9 in PokeMexico, we do Immigration. You start in a town just south of PokeOaxaca and make your way down south (the region is flipped over like Galar/UK), last badge is in Tijuana. Victory road leads to the Unova Elite 4.

Then idk, something preachy and the post-game lets you make your own Elite 4 with the NPCs you want so that PokeDistrito FederalMon is the E4.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Sword/Shield announcement got me to buy a 2DS with Ultra Sun and enjoy that game while also consolidating and moving all my pokemon from gen 3 onward to Bank in anticipation for the release.

I got loving owned.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I can't wait for there to be a healthy competitive metagame thanks to the limited pokedex and moveset restrictions, and for it to be ruined when they let people transfer their old pokemon into it.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Sorry I had a brain fart, meant to type Volcanion (the fire/water thing). Thank you though :)
oh yeah, can't help ya there. Maybe check the trading thread or the goon discord? I know a few people there hacked in a bunch of the things a while back

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I still don’t know what I’m gonna do with my living dex. It’s complete minus Volcanion, Melmetal (disabled so I can’t play Go) and that lovechild of Renamon and Raikou that came out recently.

I have an action replay (I would breed legit 5 or 6IV mons then hack my favorites to be shiny, don’t @ me, gently caress that extra layer of RNG sandwiching on top of good competitive stats) but if I gently caress up and corrupt the save I lose everything from gen 3 onward, including tons of legit event mons and all my ingame bros and past competitive winners on top of my living dex and ditto collection.

Do the Zerora codes still work if you have a fresh one?

I think I have a unused card laying around somewhere if that's the case. (Picked it up for a friend but he couldn't use it due to only having sun and moon. I wound up just keeping it around). I can try looking for it if it's still viable.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
As someone who played every mainline game but LGPE, these are inarguably from what I’ve seen the worst mainline games in the entire series. Dexit was what downgraded me from “must buy” to “wait and see”, but good god I don’t know if I would have gotten this even if dexit hadn’t happened.

Diamond and Pearl, which had a horribly messed up game engine that took ages to do anything, still were better coded and handled than this. The “original” dex purge from Gen 2 to Gen 3 was handled so much better then the one in this game and back then was legit something they didn’t have a choice in the matter thanks to hardware constraints. And they took the time back then for a bunch of behind the scenes improvements since they had to break compatibility, while that’s not the case here.

I know this complaint is subjective rather than objective, but even the music in this seems mostly bad, and I’m legit shocked I even think that. I always enjoy Pokemon game music so even the soundtrack being a mess is incredibly worrying for my enjoyment. There’s some good music, like Marnie’s battle theme or the battle music in the Battle Tower, but most of it is “mute music” territory for me and that’s a very low bar to still slam into.

New Pokemon still rule though, no complaints there. Give me my ice cube penguin and fossil abominations in a much better game please, they don’t deserve to be debuting in this heap.

Anyone who plays this, I do sincerely hope you have fun and enjoy the game, but I’m not buying a ticket to Galar.

i say with a copy of sword bought by my parents being shipped to my house so I hope to god I have fun too

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The Sword/Shield announcement got me to buy a 2DS with Ultra Sun and enjoy that game while also consolidating and moving all my pokemon from gen 3 onward to Bank in anticipation for the release.

I got loving owned.

Same man.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Honestly, I am waiting until the actual game is out to see what the reaction is and ignoring the leaks for the most part because Dexit has basically poisoned the well for a very long time, and there are a bunch of people who had made up their minds about the game. It's hard to know with the leaks if they are being presented in good faith or not when you have people showing videos about knee high wall shadows as proof that GameFreak are Lazy/Incompetent/Greedy/Some combination thereof.

If it is all true, then bullet dodged. If not, well, the game is still there.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Do the Zerora codes still work if you have a fresh one?

I think I have a unused card laying around somewhere if that's the case. (Picked it up for a friend but he couldn't use it due to only having sun and moon. I wound up just keeping it around). I can try looking for it if it's still viable.

If you did come across it, I would greatly appreciate it. My life kinda went to hell recently so I missed out on the last couple of events. I can give a legit shiny in exchange, got a couple by chance while completing the dex.

Blaziken386 posted:

oh yeah, can't help ya there. Maybe check the trading thread or the goon discord? I know a few people there hacked in a bunch of the things a while back

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll definitely be lurking there after today’s chores are done. Even if they end up stuck in USUM or Home it would be awesome to 100% have ‘em all.

Pencils R Cool
Feb 16, 2011
I'm not much of a GRAFFICKS man (I only played the original Deus Ex for the first time in 2014 and had a blast) but some of these SwSh textures range from N64 to Mobile Phone Game From 2011 quality. That coupled with the 'always on' exp share, short campaign, lack of post-game content, Dexit and all-around laziness means this will probably be the first time I ever skip out on a mainline Pokemon game, and I've been buying 'em since Yellow. For the good of this franchise, either GameFreak needs to expand and put some actual effort in, or Nintendo needs to take full control of the series (both of which are pretty unrealistic).

To those of you buying the game, please make sure to use Galarian Darmantian, he looks ace.

My favourite Pokemon is Vespiquen and for some reason GameFreak decided to completely remove Heal Order because lol.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ImpAtom posted:

Cool. See you in a week.

come on, there's no need to be passive aggressive about it. like i've already make it known that i'm def going to get my enjoyment out of the game and will have it day 1, and my main issue is mostly with people trying to whip their negativity into a frenzy because it's loving tiring and the game isn't even out yet, but this sort of poo poo is nothing but hostile in return.

there's already been a mod laying down the law, no one needs to be kicking leaves into the fire.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I can't wait for there to be a healthy competitive metagame thanks to the limited pokedex and moveset restrictions, and for it to be ruined when they let people transfer their old pokemon into it.

If you think everybody’s buttholes are sandy now about Dexit just wait until TTar and his hiposse takes the stage

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Flopsy posted:

I'm this close to reporting you and loving nanigans for harassment. Keep it up sweetie.

Do it then. It isn't harassment to say that frantically nitpicking every part of a game based off streams and second hand info is dumb and trying to pretend it is a Great Loss to you to not spend $60 on a monster collecting game is silly.

This same thing happens to every single game that is even remotely controversial. I can't even sat I'm blameless for it. (Hi there DmC) but this has gotten ridiculous.

I have no idea how you played Pokemon from the start because Lord loving knows almost every game in the franchise has been a huge mess held together with adorable creatures and duct tape.

quote="Johnny Joestar" post="499934743"]
come on, there's no need to be passive aggressive about it.
[/quote]

I believe what I say. The vast majority of people making tearful My Last Pokemon posts are going to buy the game

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 12, 2019

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also for all the bad this games have I just want to say something and I don’t care if people disagree with me. Here goes:

Shiny Wooloo is precious and good.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm still getting the game because, well, it's fuckin' pokemon and I want centiskorch dangit. However, at this point, that's mostly because I finally have a decently large group of friends who'll all be playing it at release, and I want to fight them with ingame teams

hoping that some of the complaints are overblown (I remember people bitching about SM being "handholdy" THE ENTIRE GAME, and when pressed, they actually meant "i don't like cutscenes, bleh") while at the same time, bracing myself for a repeat of XY.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Since it is controversial opinions time, it is time for my input:
I like Duraludon and I eagerly await a good game where I can have one.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Do it then. It isn't harassment to say that frantically nitpicking every part of a game based off streams and second hand info is dumb and trying to pretend it is a Great Loss to you to not spend $60 on a monster collecting game is silly.

This same thing happens to every single game that is even remotely controversial. I can't even sat I'm blameless for it. (Hi there DmC) but this has gotten ridiculous.

I have no idea how you played Pokemon from the start because Lord loving knows almost every game in the franchise has been a huge mess held together with adorable creatures and duct tape.

Being 40$ portable games helped a lot, honestly!

When the technology sucks it’s a lot easier to forgive warts as being from limited hardware. Gen 1 and 2 are legitimately impressive and while Game Freak has always been a few steps behind it’s never been quite this dreary

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Also for all the bad this games have I just want to say something and I don’t care if people disagree with me. Here goes:

Shiny Wooloo is precious and good.

:hmmyes:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I’d love to hear what the criticisms of X/Y were because that game is just a loving blur in my mind at this point outside of Lumiose being cool and the power plant soundtrack being killer

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Pencils R Cool posted:

To those of you buying the game, please make sure to use Galarian Darmantian, he looks ace.

My favourite Pokemon is Vespiquen and for some reason GameFreak decided to completely remove Heal Order because lol.

I am praying so hard that the reason later gens don't get galarian pokemon is because TPCi strongarmed GameFreak into putting regionals that Pokemon Go could use immediately and that soon I'll be taking pictures with that thing. And praying doubly hard that Niantic doesn't make getting its gimmick form too bad of a hassle.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

I’d love to hear what the criticisms of X/Y were because that game is just a loving blur in my mind at this point outside of Lumiose being cool and the power plant soundtrack being killer

I remember there was a fat kid who loved dancing. That was kind of weird.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'd made my peace with Dexit, but assuming the reddit leaks thread is accurate some of the cutbacks and design decisions are shocking

Mandatory XP share? No GTS? The game literally stopping you from catching pokemon until you have the right badge? I was still extremely hyped for the game up until this point and have absolutely no desire for it to be bad, but that is my pre-order cancelled, it sounds like a farce.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

TheKingofSprings posted:

When the technology sucks it’s a lot easier to forgive warts as being from limited hardware. Gen 1 and 2 are legitimately impressive and while Game Freak has always been a few steps behind it’s never been quite this dreary

Wasn't the original release of Gen 1 horrifically buggy? We got the much improved version two years out from that and it still had a bunch of bugs. And they got Iwata on Gen 2 to help out.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

TheKingofSprings posted:

Probably low difficulty and lack of endgame, but that's nothing new, right?

I would wager a guess that people were dissatisfied with the animations we got, even though we got a ton of new models. Uh... not that many Pokemon, maybe? Megas "taking up" new pokemon slots? It's a bit of a blur for me too and I certainly wasn't plugged into forums as much as I am today.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

Pokemon was a mess even for the time. Like it was functionally broken in an absurd number of ways. Yet it also had super cute monsters and a TV show whose theme song is burned into my brain despite not having watched it for 20 years.

Like I said before maybe I just have lower expectations of JRPGs in general and Pokemon more than most but literally nothing I've seen makes me go "oh I can't believe that."

Even the $60 thing is like.. The last Switch game I played was Atelier Ryza which looks like a good PS3 game at best and like a bad PS2 game at worst. I still enjoyed the hell out of it. This is true for most JRPGs I play which often have budgets of $5 and some shoestring.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This is my dog

Which starter do you think he would like best

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Was X/Y the first 3D game for both battles and overworld, right? I imagine that spared them a lot of flak with it being the focus of the generation.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

This is my dog

Sobble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

This is my dog

Sobbel