Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Ulio posted:

Ya if you are playing season 1 supports like Janna good luck trying to peel for your adc with poo poo like Akali/Sylas/Camille/Kaisa running around.
isn't janna literally the best at peeling 75% of those champs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Yeah Janna still is a high win rate solo queue champ

strong bird
May 12, 2009

janna is good at peeling 1 or 2 but not 3 or 4 combined ninjas unless theyre ninjaing as a squad

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Play blitz he’s been kinda good recently. Prolly got a buff I never noticed.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Not sure how recent it is but Blitz' ult active now completely removes shields.

Renekton W and Kled's hook got the same buff in the same patch.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Invalid Validation posted:

Play blitz he’s been kinda good recently. Prolly got a buff I never noticed.

they increased his hook range a lot

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Morg is always banned so Blitz is good and you can completely take over a game if you can actually hook a mans

Janna is also good but I still like Lulu more for carry potential because Janna relies on your team actually having brains

strong bird
May 12, 2009

pick bard and become roam master and kill mid and then feed.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Kitfox88 posted:

WRONG he is not a COOL ARMOR LADY

You don't know what's in that diving suit.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
blitz is a religion dont play him unless you are dedicated. you have to be able to read and write the movement of the enemy team to get the most out of him. i love to flash hook someone over a wall just to make a point. i have a bunch of skins but i try to use the base skin to bait people

strong bird
May 12, 2009

you need to have a pretty high IQ to appreciate pudge in league of legends

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

play caitlyn

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

strong bird posted:

you need to have a pretty high IQ to appreciate pudge in league of legends

you need to watch this two times per day to get good at blitz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgf6VL3vhFc

weaponize your autism

Slaapaav fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Nov 12, 2019

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I am :shobon:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3rwIEliVOY

Runeterra's draft system sounds like multiplayer dungeon run from Hearthstone

I can't wait for the beta to come back this week

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Same very much so looking forward to the return of Runeterra, fun card game to be quite honest, family.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'm annoyed you can only get three rewards per week. You already have to buy in in order to get rewards, so it's pretty lovely that they want to limit the amount of rewards you can get.

MikeStmria
Aug 13, 2019

"So it begins.."
Used to play pretty much just thresh or bard. Then Ornn. Will need to see on the new solo meta champs.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

curiousCat posted:

isn't janna literally the best at peeling 75% of those champs

She's had a higher than 50% win rate for as long as I can remember. She's always been a very solid support.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Hellioning posted:

I'm annoyed you can only get three rewards per week. You already have to buy in in order to get rewards, so it's pretty lovely that they want to limit the amount of rewards you can get.

It's in line with their ethos for the game where they don't want there to be a large gap between f2p players and people who spend a lot of money

The blog last week explains a lot about how they are doing progression/monetization https://playruneterra.com/en-us/news/progression-by-the-numbers

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Firebert posted:

It's in line with their ethos for the game where they don't want there to be a large gap between f2p players and people who spend a lot of money

The blog last week explains a lot about how they are doing progression/monetization https://playruneterra.com/en-us/news/progression-by-the-numbers

Yeah, but also limits people from going infinite. They specifically said 'if you do well enough you can even pay for your next one!' and then made it so you could only pay for your next one twice a week.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Hellioning posted:

Yeah, but also limits people from going infinite. They specifically said 'if you do well enough you can even pay for your next one!' and then made it so you could only pay for your next one twice a week.

But you can keep those rewards to pay for next week, and you get to freely play the draft mode anyway, just without rewards.

It’s super free to play friendly.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/Squad5lol/status/1194394851455848448

v. excited for Diana to be the best jungler in the game for a patch

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Firebert posted:

I remember IronStylus talking about swapping E and R three or four years ago (Christ, I'm old). Really can't wait to see what they decided to do with it. It's actually Diana's most iconic ability to me, even moreso than Q/R.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'm disappointing in no new VO, especially since there's another Lunari coming soon.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

You guys are right Janna is fine but the players who play Janna seem all boosted. Sometimes you see some duo where its just draven janna and they stomp everyone. Especially in the good old days you would see some smurfs build sword of the occult.

Also I literally opened my 3rd true damage orb and got true damage Akali lol. My friend is so pissed, he is an akali main and he used all his pts for true damage orbs just got garbage.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Hellioning posted:

I'm disappointing in no new VO, especially since there's another Lunari coming soon.

They'd absolutely loving ruin her jokes. No VO change ever.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I burned all my points on Orbs and got a few decent skins like Star Guardian Rakan, Odyssey Jinx, and PROJECT: Yasuo. None of the previous prestige skins really tickled my fancy, and I'm probably never gonna play Qiyana or Riven in a real game as it is. I understand why they're doing it (money), but having a prestige skin as a special once-a-year thing felt a ton better than them pumping one out with every other content patch. I still only have Prestige Kai'sa, and it'll probably stay that way.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Servaetes posted:

They'd absolutely loving ruin her jokes. No VO change ever.

yeah, riot doesnt know how to do subtle or understated now (not that they ever did it on purpose) and new VOs to a lot of older champions are basically just ruining what little personality they have

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Verviticus posted:

yeah, riot doesnt know how to do subtle or understated now (not that they ever did it on purpose) and new VOs to a lot of older champions are basically just ruining what little personality they have

It’s a mixed bag to me. Old Broody McGrimdark Aatrox was boring as hell, new Crazy East-European Aatrox is a lot better. New Ashe seems super-focused on war and conflict, but Old Ashe felt like it was a tourist just making references to bows and arrows.

I remember when Twitch got the complete make-over and people were lamenting the loss of his joke. When each of his abilities now has memorable lines, way better than one single joke.

And while they don’t need to take the Overwatch approach to VOs, it’s nice that they now (as of the Senna patch) have a person of color voicing Lucian (the same guy who already did his legendary skin).

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Nov 13, 2019

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
New Ashe needs to shut the hell up. I don't need an entire monologue every time I click "shoot the thing."

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Mierenneuker posted:

I remember when Twitch got the complete make-over and people were lamenting the loss of his joke. When each of his abilities now has memorable lines, way better than one single joke.

IT’S ME!

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Ok, I know I hype up Morg every chance I get, but she needs to shut the gently caress up. Not hat her VO is bad, her lines are bad, or she doesn't have enough variety in her lines, she just needs to talk less often

poo poo I hear every 15 seconds posted:

I would cut off my wings if there were steel strong enough
To walk barefoot, skin to soil, is true grace
Demacia forgot the true cost of war, I remember!
I will show you pain!

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Firebert posted:

this looks good if and only if riot keeps the original course and does not flake out and just make diana a pure assassin (aka, loving boring)

ToxicSlurpee posted:

New Ashe needs to shut the hell up. I don't need an entire monologue every time I click "shoot the thing."

The Door Frame posted:

Ok, I know I hype up Morg every chance I get, but she needs to shut the gently caress up. Not hat her VO is bad, her lines are bad, or she doesn't have enough variety in her lines, she just needs to talk less often

riot, if your voice line is more than 6 seconds, it is too long. i do not need to hear speeches from ashe. this is not league of public speaking

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The Door Frame posted:

The worst are the interactions she has with Kayle, because in ARAM you will hear them repeatedly.
*moving away from the battle to grab the healthpack between the turrets*
"DO NOT TURN YOUR BACK ON ME, SISTER"

pog boyfriend posted:

riot, if your voice line is more than 6 seconds, it is too long. i do not need to hear speeches from ashe. this is not league of public speaking

In the world beyond blackened ichor filled a crumbling sky, as souls withered to nothing, but I refused to fade
I carve my kingdom beyond, from the ashes of nothing, no mortals, not even gods, will stop me from claiming what is mine.
Drowning in the past, a wretched scream like yesterday, died at last with the rising of the revenant dark.

Mordekaiser first move quotes or black metal lyrics?

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Nov 13, 2019

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

the long move monologues are cool acrually. Aatrox and Mordekaiser's are especially rad.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/e/e5/SionMechaZero.joke01.ogg/revision/latest?cb=20160324182318
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/1/17/SionMechaZero.spellR5.ogg/revision/latest?cb=20160324182628

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Firebert posted:

Oh gently caress that might be it. As a season 4 Diana player, I ditched her after Ekko came and then Sylas who are basically better versions of her imo + similar builds. I hope they make the e range a lot bigger if they make that an ult or else it will be very underwhelming.

Diana is actually good in lane vs a lot of the s8-s9 mids but her pre 6 is old Kassadin levels of bad but if she gets the dash on e that would make a lot of the matchups free lanes for her as she doesn't really rely on her pullback/cc to win most lanes anyway. She just has decent dps and tankiness vs most mids. No idea if it will make it through live but I will start playing her just to get used to her again. I got the infernal skin on hextech a while back and always waited for some kind of buff.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It really doesn't matter how strong they make Diana's new R after they swap the current ult to E, just having her entire kit online at level 2 or 3 is huge and now she has a extra button she can press that will probably win teamfights every 2 minutes.

She is a entirely combo dependent champ that doesn't get the combo until 6, would be like if Lee could only dash with his Q after hitting level 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I always thought her ult should just be a regular skill without the reset. She needs something flashier for an ult.